[Backyard Monsters] [Is Anybody Still Playing]

2»
  • Cartofescu Wircea
    Cartofescu Wircea
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2010 Posts: 448
    i've been around since 2010 too

this is my base i haven't really touched since 2013(except for upgrades)
    https://i.imgur.com/bKwhukH.png

the same buildings upgrading for a year now because they got stuck in that state forever
    User ID :3438024 | I Like The Pie | APPLE PIE
  • Jonathan Bush
    Jonathan Bush
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2018 Posts: 1
    Be careful playing their other games they may suddenly decided to ditch them. Lessons are quickly learned.
  • melissa1979
    melissa1979
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 1
    Will this game be available anymore? I loved this game.
  • Axel L
    Axel L
    WC Mod
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 10,153
    Will this game be available anymore? I loved this game.
    Most likely not as kixeye has dropped support for it and it would cost a lot of resources to make it running. In addition to that, Flash will also die relatively soon which means that they would have to port the game into a new platform which isn't in any way cheap.
    Video games don't cause violence, lag does.
    The day has come and I'm finally beyond the 10k mark. https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/745288
  • Jacob B. Spaans
    Jacob B. Spaans
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 3
    I still play it, got back into it recently. It's super buggy though and crashes when I try to take certain outposts.
  • Tyro60
    Tyro60
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 42
    A fairly long time ago, (around the first time they kicked the bucket with the game), I asked support if I would be allowed to continue programming the game and keep the development alive. (Being a professional game designer and all). Was obviously turned down and was told they have no plans to continue updating or keep it alive. (Quite sad.) However they told me I'm allowed to make another version of the game or a kind of mod and recently I've been working on a sort of test build which has been coming along fairly well. 
    *ahem* ID: 97735
    (I have never seen someone with a lower one.)
  • Thane Mantis
    Thane Mantis
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2017 Posts: 653
    edited 25 Apr 2018, 1:13AM
    Tyro60 said:
    A fairly long time ago, (around the first time they kicked the bucket with the game), I asked support if I would be allowed to continue programming the game and keep the development alive. (Being a professional game designer and all). Was obviously turned down and was told they have no plans to continue updating or keep it alive. (Quite sad.) However they told me I'm allowed to make another version of the game or a kind of mod and recently I've been working on a sort of test build which has been coming along fairly well. 
    This has me intrigued. Keep us posted.
  • Tyro60
    Tyro60
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 42
    Tyro60 said:
    This has me intrigued. Keep us posted.
    Of course. Being a BYM veteran like all of you, I'm sad to say any real form of game would be a very long way out. 
    *ahem* ID: 97735
    (I have never seen someone with a lower one.)
  • Jacob B. Spaans
    Jacob B. Spaans
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 3
    edited 27 Apr 2018, 7:22PM
    Anyone have any tips for it while I'm still enjoying it anyway? currently level 47, taking a bunch of level 30 outposts with a bunch of crabatrons and then a wave of finks while I upgrade my flying pet
  • James Barwig
    James Barwig
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2018 Posts: 1
    YES I DO, BUT IT DOESNT WORK!!! HASNT FOR OVER 2 WEEKS!!! WTF!!!
  • Thane Mantis
    Thane Mantis
    Strike-force Captain
    The game has long been abandoned man. You shouldn't be shocked it no longer works.
  • Axel L
    Axel L
    WC Mod
    Kixeye has stopped supporting Backyard Monsters which means that any bugs which may exist in the game will not get fixed. It's also highly unlikely that they will return supporting the game as it would mean that they would be forced to port the game from flash to something else.
    The day has come and I'm finally beyond the 10k mark. https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/745288
  • KT-Cobra
    KT-Cobra
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 46
    I play all the time
    AAF Member 

BR-ES(BR)Member

Trusted Kixeye Member 

Crusader909 

Cole Evans 
  • Yard
    Yard
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2010 Posts: 11,948

@Tyro60 said:

Any updates on this, Tyro?

• Thane Mantis
    Thane Mantis
    Strike-force Captain
    I am also wondering if there are any updates. Tyro, got any news?
  • alex kopasus 212
    alex kopasus 212
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2018 Posts: 0
    Backyard Monsters literally got trashed. You can't even play it anymore. Also, this is the wrong place to Post this Thread because BYM was a game from the past, but this Forum is supposed to be about Future Games. 
    http://19000000
  • moreira
    moreira
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 57
    if they just try to fix some bugs in BYM.. The game dont have more players cuz have many bugs, simple bugs to fix. All of my friends that played BYM doesnt comeback to play BYM just because of that. bugs like,  I've send a truce request for some players and they dont accept or deny, but a cant attack them, it's like i'm in truce infinitly.. the alliances bugs it's other bug. BYM lives forever.. even if kixeye dont know how to use a great game to get money.. they've made games like Vega and forget to improve the games that was already made. i'm sorry but BYM still been best then games like Clash of clans, the difference between then is the atention gived to the game... BYM <3
  • muffimuffioso
    muffimuffioso
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2018 Posts: 1
    Thats all really really sad.... my both most loved facebook games are dead... does anyone know if there are similar games like BYM or Galaxy Life?

• Axel L
    Axel L
    WC Mod
    Thats all really really sad.... my both most loved facebook games are dead... does anyone know if there are similar games like BYM or Galaxy Life?

At least, one of the closest kixeye games to BYM is WC but on the other hand, I cannot comment if it exists any other similar games or to BYM on Facebook.
  • Stephen Doherty
    Stephen Doherty
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2018 Posts: 2

Is the Krallen real? I've tried to get him...

Has anyone "Ruled" him lately?

• Axel L
    Axel L
    WC Mod

Is the Krallen real? I've tried to get him...

Has anyone "Ruled" him lately?

I would guess that this mission is bugged at the moment which makes it a bit more difficult to unlock Krallen. What I have seen is that the progress bar won't reset on a weekly basis like intended (at least visually) and that could be the issue.
  • Stephen Doherty
    Stephen Doherty
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2018 Posts: 2
    Well darn! Thank you for the input.
    Another question, what happens when you "Relocate your yard"?
    Do you loose everything, does your outposts continue to produce?
    How does that work - If you know sir?
  • Axel L
    Axel L
    WC Mod
    edited 11 Oct 2018, 8:33PM
    Well darn! Thank you for the input.
    Another question, what happens when you "Relocate your yard"?
    Do you loose everything, does your outposts continue to produce?
    How does that work - If you know sir?
    If you relocate, you should lose all of your resource outposts and strongholds on the map. But, I haven't tested to relocate in the game which means that it's unknown to me if the feature even works at this time.

The game is also no longer supported by kixeye which means that issues won't get fixed and kixeye won't guarantee guarantee that the game is playable.
2»