IMPORTANT - VEGA stops working in Firefox soon

• Stormsong
    Stormsong
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 28
    VC works fine with Internet Explorer 11 (32-bit) on Windows 10.
  • Donald Archer55
    Donald Archer55
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 231
    So it does!
    Microsoft Edge doesn't work, but IE 11 does. 
    Thanks.
  • wulfgarXKW
    wulfgarXKW
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 565

Its a bigger security risk keeping it in the update, not to metion its outdated and a waste of resources to keep supporting it. Its kixeye fault for not looking at how long this plug-in was supported by certain platforms or predict but am gussing kix allready knew when it was going to expire even while vega was still in production > @The original Corpse said:

Also thanks to Mozilla for sticking it out for as long as they did. It's really sad the way big corps...like to force feed change all the time and everyone else who dislikes change has to "deal with it" or "get with the times"

• jajalamoi
    jajalamoi
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 1
    je tien a remercié kixeye ,je cherche a trouve comment arrêt mon indépendance a ce jeux et vous me l'avai trouve merci encore ,bonne continuation a vous,car une chose et sur ,vais pas change me habitude pour continue ce jeux,qui commence  a etre un tres grand inégalité entre niveaux de joueurs .bye
  • Miss Maggie May
    Miss Maggie May
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 23
    Hi folks. could someone please let me know if I can migrate my vega acc/base over to steam. I don't use an iPad or iPhone, I play on a laptop and monitor etc. I tried many times and run out 'a ideas on how to get it done. All steam do is give me new account  rather than migrate existing.
    M M
  • Fazza83
    Fazza83
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 178
    Hi folks. could someone please let me know if I can migrate my vega acc/base over to steam. I don't use an iPad or iPhone, I play on a laptop and monitor etc. I tried many times and run out 'a ideas on how to get it done. All steam do is give me new account  rather than migrate existing.
    Yes you can - you need to link them - i did it so long ago I cant remember how but Kixeye support should be able to help you
  • Miss Maggie May
    Miss Maggie May
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 23
    Thanks  for your feedback everyone, I have Ivy from Kix customer Support working  on the issue for me now.. cheer's folks :)
    M M
  • DeadChair
    DeadChair
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2017 Posts: 10

just play on steam

DOWN WITH LOGIC! #NoCoinApril!
  • DeadChair
    DeadChair
    Greenhorn
    no update Firefox and you will able to play =D
  • DeadChair
    DeadChair
    Greenhorn

lvl 46 and still have not dom and rag xD but got xeno ships lel

• Master of Warring
    Master of Warring
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 3,843
    Thanks  for your feedback everyone, I have Ivy from Kix customer Support working  on the issue for me now.. cheer's folks :)
    Good luck.  :p
     #Kixeyelogic  http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Derp         "Only a farmer's base can endure the invaders of beyond" - Voidonymous
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination
      image  "0% damage means the game is broken."   - Paul Preece
  • DeadChair
    DeadChair
    Greenhorn

even old version of internet explorer works

• Doug Skipps
    Doug Skipps
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 38

So did she get you going? I need the same help

• mason.dixen
    mason.dixen
    Master Tactician
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 2,156
    This thread gives me a headache and justifies every single one of my fears.

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/organizations/faq/

Firefox still works, just download the ESR version.  @Kixeye anybody.

"Forged in the flames of the original 8k wars"
    "Participant in the Jova Crusades; the winning side"
    "I hate cargo fleets.  What else do you want me to say"
    "I attacked you because you stole my piece of cheesecake with cherry toppings."
    "The government has ordered me to harvest this farm.  Please be patient as your base is harvested."
    IGN: MasonD
    ~Condolences to all who share a similar name - there can only be one.
  • Lord AkA Luciel
    Lord AkA Luciel
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2017 Posts: 2

That not good :( i love firefox

• mason.dixen
    mason.dixen
    Master Tactician

That not good :( i love firefox

You can still use Firefox.  https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/organizations/faq/

Download the ESR version and your plug-ins work fine.
    "The government has ordered me to harvest this farm.  Please be patient as your base is harvested."
  • TYRNT-L Philip
    TYRNT-L Philip
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 39
    Vega Conflict in Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 10 work well.
    As for Firefox, just turn off automatic updates if it is not your favorite brwser.
    In my case I use Chrome as my default browser, so I have no problem to turn off updates in Firefox.

For the other browser currently, I can confirm that no works Vega confllict.

Currently the only browser that supports Vega are:

• Internet Explorer 11
    • Safari
    • Opera (version 36 and older)
    • Firefox 32bit
    Unsupported Browsers

Chrome: As of version 45, Chrome no longer supports the Unity Web Player.

Microsoft Edge: Microsofts new broswer, Edge, does not support the Unity Web Player.

Firefox 64bit

Firefox 32bit: As of Version 53 and newer

Opera (version 37 and newer)

Maxthon browser works fine http://www.maxthon.com

Leader, NWO
  • Fazza83
    Fazza83
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 178
    Nope - get a message saying Untiy is disconinuing support for VC in broswer on March 31st.  Doubt it will work in anyting after that date.  My FF also wont owrk now and I stopped the auto update (time to tun it back on methinks!)

• Sonidojoo
    Sonidojoo
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2016 Posts: 2,713
    edited 26 Mar 2017, 11:19AM
    delete
  • MRKY06
    MRKY06
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2016 Posts: 104

I am yousing Avant browser and works like a charm

goran
  • duzertozer
    duzertozer
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 203
    IE 11 working fine
  • wolf eye17
    wolf eye17
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2017 Posts: 13

...Is there a platform left to play? Android is playable but it's really hard to control ur ships , iOS is the same , and as for Steam it is a WiFi destroyer at least on my PC

• redrat_thezip
    redrat_thezip
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2016 Posts: 352

...Is there a platform left to play? Android is playable but it's really hard to control ur ships , iOS is the same , and as for Steam it is a WiFi destroyer at least on my PC

I am sure Kixeye is working on special devices (probably laptops for the sake of portability) that will be fully compatible with Vega Conflict (only).
    You could probably pre-order these systems already, for a fair price, and you will probably get a coin pack to go with it. Also for optimum performance, for a "moderate" monthly fee, you can get a special mobile internet router, that will allow you to use the notebook virtually anywhere.
    Kixeye doesn't want you to miss out on a chance to reload those coins...

On a serious note tho, steam is the last platform that supports Vega Conflict in an actual playable form. Mobile devices do not offer such maneuverability. I read that Internet Explorer works as well? However... I would not use that browser for anything. I don't trust it.
  • zparadis
    zparadis
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2017 Posts: 801

Internet Explorer works, i use it when steam doesn't work
  • zparadis
    zparadis
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2017 Posts: 801

I am sure Kixeye is working on special devices (probably laptops for the sake of portability) that will be fully compatible with Vega Conflict (only).
    You could probably pre-order these systems already, for a fair price, and you will probably get a coin pack to go with it. Also for optimum performance, for a "moderate" monthly fee, you can get a special mobile internet router, that will allow you to use the notebook virtually anywhere.

On a serious note tho, steam is the last platform that supports Vega Conflict in an actual playable form. Mobile devices do not offer such maneuverability. I read that Internet Explorer works as well? However... I would not use that browser for anything. I don't trust it.
    why do you not trust it? did it break up with you or something? maybe your ex? :D
  • mason.dixen
    mason.dixen
    Master Tactician
    zparadis said:

why do you not trust it? did it break up with you or something? maybe your ex? :D
    IE spammed him to death with pop-ups.  Has never returned again.

Safari works well too.  Apple maybe the most difficult platform to develop for due to Apple themselves.  But it works.