A non-coiner's approach to BP

• bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 8,096
    edited 7 Apr 2017, 9:54PM
    A bit of a quiet few weeks in the game.

Obviously on VXP weekend I skulled my 4 Icebreakers. I put on a rocket or two on each which allowed me to easily skull them coin free. Along with most of my other PvP hulls.

The last couple weeks have then been completing my Icebreakers. I have decided to complete my 4 ship icebreaker fleet rather than stop part way and build monos. The IBs will be done in time for the raid 

I'm still questioning what i do next. I either build a few blank monos with one weapon (i already have one) with mostly tokens to rank them for VXP. Or i fully build one now to use in the raid. I think i'll probably build blanks, as i can do that all with tokens, and then see what hulls i pick up in the raid and use raid tokens to get out a blank flag if possible.

The Odyssey TLC this week was one that a lot of people seemed to struggle with, but H.Cann and Cannoneer could do it pretty comfortably coin free. Plenty of vids on youtube on how to do it.

I'm going into the raid with a few build tokens still saved up to ensure that I can comfortably build a flag before vxp weekend. Which flag is a bit of a question, but probably since i have icebreakers done, i'll go with that one.
  • zinfedel420
    zinfedel420
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 22
    they need to think about one fee fits all like other game with gold on your game daily 1200 ships per 12 hours the monthly fee is 24.99 but they are to greedy to understand this a lot of new game will be out in June this year with fees attach if you coing the most you can coin is 100.00 buck and no more charges out of that you get repairs for that 100. buck and lots of resources the 24.99 a month you get gold every day that helps you speed up your build and you have 4 repair dock and you have 4 building dock that you can build up to 1200 ships per dock 
  • bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    they need to think about one fee fits all like other game with gold on your game daily 1200 ships per 12 hours the monthly fee is 24.99 but they are to greedy to understand this a lot of new game will be out in June this year with fees attach if you coing the most you can coin is 100.00 buck and no more charges out of that you get repairs for that 100. buck and lots of resources the 24.99 a month you get gold every day that helps you speed up your build and you have 4 repair dock and you have 4 building dock that you can build up to 1200 ships per dock 
    the game is free.

coins only give an advantage over non-coiners or other smaller coiners. 

I dont believe coiners need any further advantage than they currently have. If coiners can't keep up with the non-coiners, they need to look at the way they are playing and play smarter.
  • bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    edited 17 Apr 2017, 5:20AM
    Espionage.

Well, i'm not sure i've seen an easier raid than this one.

I had all my icebreakers done just before the start of the raid. Basically using dragon bane's build, except i've had to go d1x instead of d5x for quite a bit of my armor, due to running out of time between raids, and making a massive noob error and losing 2x2day tokens.

https://forsakencove.blogspot.com.au/2017/04/shhhhhh-top-secrtez.html

I'm more or less doing this type of drive too. I don't really care about path though, and just hit whatever i feel like. You could save damage and let the legion ships do a lot of work for you, but I generally dont bother much, as i'd rather do it quick.

I also small pinch like crazy when using my IBs.

Generally using an Steelheads crew as well to minimise my damage. I can rush (semi carefully) through Tier 6 targets fairly quickly with this fleet. With a set resulting in anywhere between about 20 minutes and 2 hours of repairs. Most of my points have been obtained that way. I've been out both days though so haven't had a huge amount of seat time, but its been okay for 63 million so far.

Obviously the easier way to get points damage free is using a longer range CM tank.

Going into the raid I built my second blank mono, and I ended up also doing a zelos refit overnight, replacing my thruster 3 with sfb3 and adding a harrier missile. The longer range on the tank than the launcher I had on there makes it super easy. 

For me, i'm therefore running my long range zelos out front, and another cm zelos at the back with my citadels. As long as I take my time, and ensure i avoid the arcs (ie have my citadels at range when hitting arcs), repairs for each of the tier 6 targets are under a minute.

Finished my 3rd blankish mono, and I have my gridiron monolith now building. I debated doing the vassago first, but if I like the mono fleet better, the rank is more important for the gridiron as my CM ship, rather than the Vassago, which is really just adding effect and more DPS.

I should have both finished for next raid though, so i'll be spoilt for choice.  Hopefully some tokens come up in TLCs for me to either d5x up my IBs, or fit out my monoliths.

I was a little surprised how easy this raid was. I expected to be able to do it comfortably, but this was much easier than normal. I am thinking the next one will be MUCH tougher.

PS. so as the raid has gone on i've switched strategy a little. I use my IBs on 81s (1m30s per target), my zelos/cits on 85s (now i put my tank on auto, and drive the rest - a little under 3 mins per target), and 83s i use either fleet, depending on how much armor is left on my IBs. IBs are slightly faster, but not a lot. (around 3 -4 mins per target).
  • bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    Doing a bit more planning ahead now for my builds. I'll have my blankish g.mon + 3 monos ready for vxp weekend. So hopefully its as easy as last time to rank. I'm also picking up as many of the vxp chests as I can, just in case vxp weekend is harder than last time which would allow me to concentrate on my gridiron, rather than the regular monos over the weekend.

21 days to go to the raid.
    17 days of FM tokens to win.

To finish my current ships I need to use:

G.mono - 10 days
    Monos -  3x9 days each = 27 days

Now i'd also hope we're going to get some more build tokens for monoliths. If so I can start on my vassago IB. If not, looks like i'll be relying on Monos in the next raid.

I've also decided to go a bit conservative with my Mono builds, using a MX special and at least using D1 armor. Mostly as a just in case there is priority targeting in the raid, or extra splash, or something else that means your trailing ships are going to get hit. I am guessing this is the case, as i'd be surprised if zelos/cits work so well next time - a least in the higher level targets.

• bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    Turns out, as expected, kix decided to dish out a ton of tokens again. So i'll use them to do my 4th mono.

My grid is basically done, except i'm not quite sure on armor yet. I think i put on 1 c1m for a start. I'll wait to see what people say from the previews before I do a final refit, and work out if i want to waste the 20 day token.

Quick tip for the last level of the TLC is to drive back out of the centre before the last group pops up. that allows you to pinch one of the ballistic targets, and also easily take out the long range launcher turret.

Sure I could also have a vassago IB flag done if I had not built the gridiron, but I suspect the gridiron will work better, and if I had waited until the TLC it would not be skulled .. which is a bad thing for a CM ship.
  • bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    edited 18 May 2017, 11:44PM
    So, the May raid ...

I ended up missing a full day on the weekend, and had to work two of the other days, so didn't have a huge amount of seat time, so only managed 130 million or so. I also didn't use my IBs as much as I could have on tier 7 which cost me a few points. My monoliths worked okay, but I managed to lose my fleet a couple times whilst watching footy on TV at the same time, so I didnt get to play around in tier 7 as much as i'd have liked. I'll probably refit on an X armor though using tokens.

I've decided I really like the IB route based on their performance in the raid. Yes you take damage, but not too much if well built, and superfast through the targets, so I will build my VIB which is almost out as a blank. Unfortunately i didnt have enough tokens to get it out in time for the vxp weekend though. Also need to work out how many of the new rockets i'm going to refit onto my existing IBs. I've also got plenty of Mono tokens, so i'll adjust those as well. Tons of build time available this month, and all these builds are really luxury builds rather than required. Other people could easily be focussing on pure PvP this month with their builds.

As a small strategy point, i'll be keeping my two 12 hour tokens ready for next raid so that if they release the hull for the next raid series I have an extra build day ready.

I'm debating doing this week's TLC. I dont really need it as I have all structure tokens maxxed. And i'd need to finally get round to adding more weapons to my pride. Not sure i can be arsed, so I probably won't.
  • bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    Plunder TLC was an interesting one. Turned out to be super simple in the end.

I'd gotten into the habit of collecting the build tokens and then not always building the hull. So that let me simply build an oppressor tank instantly which made the TLC very easy. I also took the opportunity to build 3 gluttony's too, which also helped make it easier. 

It was also the first largeish mistake i've made for a while.  I did not do the second GLuttony TLC as I already had a full inventory of build tokens, and had 40 days of gluttony tokens so i thought why bother. Turns out that might have been useful to build my 4th gluttony. No actual loss in gamplay thought as 3 did the job okay.

I'm still going with the icebreaker fleet in preparation for the raid, and am also strongly considering small refits on my Monos to potential convert them into an auto fleet ready for the raid.
  • BLACK_JACK_11
    BLACK_JACK_11
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 36
    edited 30 May 2017, 7:44AM
    Pretty sad forum thread, extreme game troll gets no attention. So I'll give you some out of pity bort... Nothing you say on forums gets any respect because of your insatiable thirst to troll others... just saying. Nobody cares.
  • p_b82
    p_b82
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 566

Pretty sad forum thread, extreme game troll gets no attention. So I'll give you some out of pity bort... Nothing you say on forums gets any respect because of your insatiable thirst to troll others... just saying. Nobody cares.

You obviously seem to - because you've felt the need to comment.....

• The Qing
    The Qing
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 1,900

@BLACK_JACK_11 said:

I do respect his opinion, because frankly, he's right most of the time. He may voice his opinion with plenty of mockery and sarcasm, but the truth is that it's easy to catch up with PvE, IF you know what you are doing.

Omae wa mou shindeiru.
  • zinfedel420
    zinfedel420
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 22
    I was gone off this game for one year and got new hulls the very first day back on the game building them now we are getting newer hulls this week FM hope full we all get a chance to win them good luck to all of you 
  • if you do not coin  you are a farm!!! thats alot of fuNNNNNNNNNNN
    camps are for coiners also, also a;lot of fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! once the low and middle guys keep loosing, this game will be over. except for the coiners!!

• bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    Coup is turning out to be pretty easy. I'm doing 100s for about 3 hours repairs of my IB fleet, autoing 85s, and part autoing 81s with my monos, then cleaning up 83s to finish tier 6 sets. I've got my first ship in the oven now to get ready for the next raid series.

Preparing for the July raid

firstly i won't be a greedy pig, and expect a completely built full fleet for the raid.

secondly, i wont bother with the PvP ships until my critical PvE stuff is done.

Most importantly i'll have four semi blanks done for the VXP weekend. Obviously everyone saves up their tokens from the last FM. As well as a couple 12 hour tokens from the previous raid, and a full deck of 1 hour tokens too.

Next i'll watch the preview vids to see what is the best thing to drop from the build in the short term. Do I leave off a weapon or two? Or is some of that armor less critical than other pieces? In effect, i'll prioritise specifically on what I can build within the timeframe.

I'll then pick up any tokens in any TLCs, if offered, and then add the next most important items to the ships.

Then i'll cruise through the July raid really easily, picking up all the prizes, as raids are balanced to what average players have built. Not to what i've built at my level of skill.

i'll also use tokens won during the raid to refit any other priority items, and finish the fleet after the raid .. if its not already done.

• bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    Had to adjust my build strategy for the vxp weekend for my phoenix, as you really need both a missile and a range extender on each ship if you want to skull them for free. So i'll have 3 done to skull - two of which will only have a single weapon, and my last i'll just try to log in every two hours to rank as much as possible by suicide.
  • Michael Volensky
    Michael Volensky
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 39

bort said:

Thought I’d start a new semi-guide on my approach to the
    game, initially covering the following topics, which there are a number I need
    to flesh out.

• ·       
      Overall
    • ·       
      Raids
    • ·       
      Shipbuilds
    • ·       
      FM
    • ·       
      TLC
    • ·       
      Ranking
    • ·       
      Catching up
    • ·       
      Base defence

Overall

I strongly believed a skilled non-coiner can keep up with
    this game. And relatively easily at that these days. You are trying to keep
    ahead of the masses, as that is where the difficulty is of the game is
    generally balanced to. You need to build smarter and approach targets smarter
    than the average player and you will be able to keep up. It is literally as simple
    as that. It does mean though, that you may need to sacrifice some PvP elements
    in the short term – particularly if you are behind the power curve.

How do you build and approach targets smarter than average?
    Well, either figure it out for yourself, or look at the many available
    resources around on approaches that work. Coiners are my friends. They often
    test out what works and what doesn’t work before I even have to consider my
    builds.

The whole game is simply a series of challenges and puzzles.
    You can make a choice – either whine about it, or try to figure it out. I will
    always try to figure it out, and in 99% of cases there is a way to meet the
    challenge without spending a single coin.

When something is newly released, my first thought is simply,
    it is what it is, and it is the same for everyone. So, how can I use it to get
    further ahead in my game? That being said, if it’s not going to get me further
    in game, then I’m still likely to get it, although not as a huge priority, just
    to ensure it doesn’t set me back on the FM at some stage, or alternately it
    becomes a useful item in future, or I’ve misjudged its value.

if you believe that a non coiner can be competitive, you are a complete moron, no offense meant, and I don't depend on other people's ideas, the game should not be hit or miss, and all builds should be eligible for any event,  You must be some kind of genius or on the kix payroll to make players look bad
  • kixeyeuser_1380754960745_30387_734752964
    kixeyeuser_1380754960745_30387_734752964
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 61
    another thing this guy must have a ton of time, writing this book had to take hours. I am not retired and have 2 jobs, so when i previously coined to keep up it was fine when the game was somewhat fun. Now it like I have 3 jobs so that is why I am not worrying about this game anymore. Adios kix
  • bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord

bort said:

Thought I’d start a new semi-guide on my approach to the

game, initially covering the following topics, which there are a number I need

to flesh out.

• ·       

Overall
    • ·       

Raids
    • ·       

Shipbuilds
    • ·       

FM
    • ·       

TLC
    • ·       

Ranking
    • ·       

Catching up
    • ·       

Base defence

Overall

I strongly believed a skilled non-coiner can keep up with

this game. And relatively easily at that these days. You are trying to keep

ahead of the masses, as that is where the difficulty is of the game is

generally balanced to. You need to build smarter and approach targets smarter

than the average player and you will be able to keep up. It is literally as simple

as that. It does mean though, that you may need to sacrifice some PvP elements

in the short term – particularly if you are behind the power curve.

How do you build and approach targets smarter than average?

Well, either figure it out for yourself, or look at the many available

resources around on approaches that work. Coiners are my friends. They often

test out what works and what doesn’t work before I even have to consider my

builds.

The whole game is simply a series of challenges and puzzles.

You can make a choice – either whine about it, or try to figure it out. I will

always try to figure it out, and in 99% of cases there is a way to meet the

challenge without spending a single coin.

When something is newly released, my first thought is simply,

it is what it is, and it is the same for everyone. So, how can I use it to get

further ahead in my game? That being said, if it’s not going to get me further

in game, then I’m still likely to get it, although not as a huge priority, just

to ensure it doesn’t set me back on the FM at some stage, or alternately it

becomes a useful item in future, or I’ve misjudged its value.

if you believe that a non coiner can be competitive, you are a complete moron, no offense meant, and I don't depend on other people's ideas, the game should not be hit or miss, and all builds should be eligible for any event,  You must be some kind of genius or on the kix payroll to make players look bad

the best non-coiners are up towards the top of all aspects of the game.

i generally focus on the PvE side, so its much easier to stay on top of that coin free. albeit it is easier than ever to be somewhat decent in PvP as well.

you can choose to look on this thread as making players look bad, or you can choose to learn from it. Depends if you're a glass half full, or glass half empty kind of person.
  • bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord

another thing this guy must have a ton of time, writing this book had to take hours. I am not retired and have 2 jobs, so when i previously coined to keep up it was fine when the game was somewhat fun. Now it like I have 3 jobs so that is why I am not worrying about this game anymore. Adios kix

i type at 60+ words per minute. Doesn't take that long.
  • bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    Sooo, havent posted for a bit. But obviously have been completing all of the TLCs.

So now I have 2 VIBs and 7 IBs to play with. Although some are only token ranked from the TLC.

There's a couple key building strategies for the moment. And token saving from the FM may still be important as i'm really planning for the next raid at this point in time in addition to next week's raid.

So what is the plan?

Well, the key priority is to get 4 skyfires out before vxp weekend with at least a single weapon. I will use the campaign tokens to do this. I will try to save regular tokens from the FM just in case they release a flag that I want to also get out in time for the vxp weekend.

That means for this raid i'll be running with 3 mostly completed phoenix's and possibly a 4th that is partly done. I still am not sure on the best armor configuration so each of my 3 only have 1 C1CO for the moment..
  • kixeyeuser_1361573755908_3092_184296171
    kixeyeuser_1361573755908_3092_184296171
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 42
    what a bunch of bullshit and you noticed he said skilled non coiner several times,how the hell you gonna get skilled if you don't coin,almost impossible for the regular guy,and now you have taken our 87 away and you can't even do a 68 without dieing immediately,so there was a big slap in our faces,and I could go on and on as to how you been screwing and trying to force us to spend coins on your game without giving anything back,no thankyou,my **** is getting soar from you guys
  • bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    edited 9 Jul 2017, 10:01PM

what a bunch of bullshit and you noticed he said skilled non coiner several times,how the hell you gonna get skilled if you don't coin,almost impossible for the regular guy,and now you have taken our 87 away and you can't even do a 68 without dieing immediately,so there was a big slap in our faces,and I could go on and on as to how you been screwing and trying to force us to spend coins on your game without giving anything back,no thankyou,my **** is getting soar from you guys

there are vids out on doing the 88s with basic tech. Here's a couple after a 10 second search.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=NyTlXqYeffw&app=desktop

read this whole thread again about five times over, as you have obviously learnt nothing. go back to basics. watch the vids.

i am not screwing anyone. I do not work for kixeye. Kixeye is not screwing anyone either, nor are they slapping you in the face. lol. If you can't do the targets, have a look in the mirror and you'll see where the problem lies. Or choose option B and start doing a little research and learning how to play, rather than crying. You'll find more success in the game like that. And in life too.
  • bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    edited 16 Jul 2017, 5:47AM
    So, glowing seas raid appears pretty easy based on my preparation. Bear in mind this is different from the last raid series and you need to concentrate on Kiting / using land to your advantage rather than using a tank to take everything to the face.

I ended up getting 3 phoenix out with just a single CO5 and single charged armor. I had also saved up my 8 days of tokens from the previous FM to make any last minute adjustments.

I should have given the 3 ships a bit more of a go, but bit the bullet and built out my 4th phoenix which was a blank, but skulled. I built it as a partial CM ship, although looks like that was a waste, except when i get too close to the hulks. It does help quite a lot though in killing the targets faster as it still has mostly talons.

My main aim was 40 million on the first day to start my gup phoenix. I ended up on 66 million or so, just following the vids that were released early on the first day. THis one was out pretty early and was useful for a decent path

My new ship does not have charged armor, so takes a little more than the other ships, but not a huge amount. Enough though that I could only do 3 100s before repairs on the first day. 

As expected though, the 100s have now been tuned back a bit to make them easier. Not sure how many i can do without repairs now, but i suspect 5 or so if I drive well.

My gut phoenix will be out for vxp weekend, which i'll rank along with my skyfires. Unfortunately my gup skyfire won't be done. ALthough that's going to be a pain to rank anyways ....

*update*  Sometimes kix throws you a curveball - and sometimes you're lucky, sometimes not. I burnt through a fair few tokens adding that extra ship early in the raid, and in hindsight I should have saved some. With the extra tokens that they've added, I could have my gut sky out before vxp weekend, but since i spent my other tokens I can't. Doesn't really matter though. I'm now using my blankish gut phoenix instead of my savage as a flag, and it works quite well. If i drive carefully I can get away with almost instant repair if I repair my ships individually after a 100 and have driven reasonably. 

I've taken another risk and started my gut sky. I don't like having builds going over a vxp and often tlc weekend as its often useful to be able to tweak some stuff in your shipyard if you need to. This weekend I won't be able to do that as i'll still have my blank building for the whole week.
  • Matt Schwartz
    Matt Schwartz
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 94
    bort said:
    January 2017 TLCs

Heavy Metal, the easy way is apollos and BB crew. I even use my Rets to clean up the corrosive towers. Didnt bother doing a vid, as its no different from any other apollo type campaign, except you don't even need the BB crew if you drive very carefully. I did the first two PPs without BB, but then used it for the third as i was in a hurry. Here's a vid that is not mine showing the basics. 

Roguelike

I don't actually need the prizes, but i'm using the campaign for practice. I suspect i need a bit more practice to really memorise the targets, and the best path, as for target three, i'm still struggling to close in on every tower before it fires. It has shown me though that I do need to complete those refits in the previous post, as even with my blankish H.Cann, i don't really have enough margin for error as i'd like because I dont bring down the turrets quite quickly enough. 

Here's specs vid of the final PP. Still comfortable to do without coining if you're careful, as most levels you can do damage free, or with minor damage if you make a few mistakes. Its only really level 3 that is quite punishing due to the rapid targeting by the longer range ballistic turrets.

In order to be able to tell players you can keep up without spending a dime you 1st have to have done it without spending a dime. I know who you are I have played with you in the past and m8 you really should be honest and come clean. 

• bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    edited 16 Jul 2017, 6:14AM
    In order to be able to tell players you can keep up without spending a dime you 1st have to have done it without spending a dime. I know who you are I have played with you in the past and m8 you really should be honest and come clean. 

if you know who I am and have played with me before then you know that i have not spent anything.

and you'd also know that all the advice that I give on the alliance pages that I have been on has always been on how to do each target coin free.

Just like all of my guides and vids that you can go back for years on these forums to read. Many of the original principles still even apply. You should read them all. You will learn something.

Please find some additional advice below:

• bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    edited 29 Jul 2017, 11:25PM
    So, another VXP weekend down. And I skulled my Gut PHoenix as well as my four skyfires.

I used the same core principles as usual -

clear out ships that are going to damage you.
    ensure your ranking ship has at least one weapon with decent range
    add up how many volleys are required to hit max vxp (with enough weapons that will be 1 volley)
    go in, do that many volleys, retreat, go back in ... rinse/repeat until skulled.

Due to build time contraints you're pretty limited in what you can have on these ships before the vxp weekend. For my Gut Phoenix, i'd only put on 2 talons, cm extender and carbon fibre. For my skyfires, i'd originally had them almost blank, but grabbing tokens in the raid meant they could all have 3 banded hornet and targeting circuitry. Yes the lack of engine made it a bit slower, but having only a few weapons also means that you can be more precise on the amount of damage you do to hit max VXP before retreating.

I have 5 days left for my gut skyfire so that one will not be ranked.

• kixeyeuser_1360474173766_4431_1620631180
    kixeyeuser_1360474173766_4431_1620631180
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 208
    me thinks bort likes to hear himself type, most responses to his post are dislike, so he has no clue what real players want, 
  • bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    edited 23 Jul 2017, 9:46PM
    me thinks bort likes to hear himself type, most responses to his post are dislike, so he has no clue what real players want, 

Thankyou for your insight. i am sure a lot more players will have the ability to play coin free, or cheaper as a result of your many tips throughout every single one of your posts.
  • bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    Skill Hull or Auto Hull?

I choose both.

Albeit i tend to think of the auto hull more as a blitz type hull.

For a number of reasons:

1. You get enough tokens to build both fleets with flags without coins during the raid series. (i have 7IBs 2 VIBs, a GMon, and 4 Monos from last series, and now have a spare 50 1 day mono tokens as well)
    2. You can never be certain on exactly which will perform best
    3. It gives you flexibility for TLCs, and a spare fleet in case of errors
    4. Some fleets lend better to playing from a phone if you so desire
    5. You can have one fleet repairing whilst using the other.
    6. plus more ....
    How do I approach it? Well I build whatever ship we receive first into a full fleet. So for this raid series my Phoenix fleet was my go to fleet for the raid. 

Those ships are not fully complete but were good enough for the raid, and I also used tokens to pump out 4 partly equipped skyfires (only 3 weapons + special) before the vxp weekend. I've also got a blank gut skyfire in my shipyard currently building. That is because i know i'll still have enough time to finish off my phoenix fleet before the next raid.

I'm currently in a bit of a holding pattern though, because i'd like to see if there are any build tokens offered in the TLC. I should find out just before my gut skyfire completes, so i can then choose to slow build whatever fleet i don't get TLC tokens for. This will give me the most possible ships done before the next raid.

Of course you could do the alternate approach and only build one hull, and in which case you'd gain back about 50 days of build time for PvP type ships.

• bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    edited 27 Jul 2017, 3:42AM
    Time to reassess where i'm going to get to building for this raid.

Here's my planned phoenix fleet:

https://www.dahippo.com/bp/ship/#!FPO602G2D2P434139032Y352UAZAZAZAZAZAZAZAZPO102G2D2P4341390379352UAZAZAZAZAZAZAZAZPO102G2D2P4341390379352UAZAZAZAZAZAZAZAZPO102G2D2P4341390379352UAZAZAZAZAZAZAZAZPO102G2D2P43413903793544AZ00AZAZAZ2A2AAZdD

And here's my planned skyfire fleet:

https://www.dahippo.com/bp/ship#!FPO502P43432P5R012U8A3941B0B0B0B0B02O2OB0PO402P43432P5R032U8A3941B0B0B0B02O2OB0B0PO402P43432P5R03448A3941B0B0B0B02O2A2AB0PO402P43432P5R032U8A3941B0B0B0B02O2OB0B0PO402P43432P5R032U8A3941B0B0B0B02O2OB0B0dD

Now, I don't have enough time/tokens to get it all done, so i'll get the phoenix fleet fully completed as priority #1, and then turn my attention to the skyfire. I also don't have enough charged armor for the skyfire fleet, although I will steal some from my monos.

So .. about 15 build days left to the raid, plus 7 tokens from this week's FM, plus 10 tokens from next week's FM gives me around 32 build days.

I need to use 10 of those in total to finish my 4 phoenix, and 10 to finish my Gut phoenix. So that leaves only 12 days. Plus an extra 12 days of Skyfire tokens from the TLC for my skyfires.

I have a total of 55 build days left on my skyfire fleet ... so that's not quite going to cut it. Even if I win another 5 days of tokens in the raid. The problem with skyfires is that you kind of want a whole fleet for the duplicate aura. I suspect i'll complete out the gut using tokens and then slow build the majority of specials on the rest and just see how they go with relatively few weapons / armor.