War Commander FAQ

Axel L
Axel L
Unicorn Overlord
Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 6,588
edited 15 Dec 2017, 9:43PM
Here is a list of some FAQ posts and other helpful posts. Don't forget that information may be outdated, I have tried to correct some outdated information.

War Commander Wiki

Detailed information about everything that has to do with War Commander.
http://warcommander.wikia.com/wiki/War_Commander_Wiki

General

2017/11/02 Update Notes by CM_Burny
https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/715896

Shadow Ops Campaign briefing by CM_Burny
https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/716299

November Event Calendar by CM Chris
https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/715130

Alliance

2017/11/02 Alliance Raid Update by CM_Burny
https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/716300

Alliance Guide by CM Sulaco 2
https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/526881

Alliance Raid Guide by CM Sulaco 2
https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/708923

Player Guides

Zombie Defense Guide by MX36
https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/714361

Support Turrets by CM Chris
https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/711964

Faction Traits by CM Sulaco 2
https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/705192

General Question FAQ by Than3_Mantis
https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/677194

Support

Community Support forums
https://www.kixeye.com/forum/categories/war-commander-community-support

Kixeye Support to send tickets and report players
https://warcommander.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Report Suspected Cheaters to the Fair Play Team
https://www.kixeye.com/support/web/report?game=wc

Community Manger and Moderators

CM_Burny -  Community Manger
https://www.kixeye.com/profile/0dba0fe2dba046ecb179e3c3

DOBBA PHOENIX - Moderator
https://www.kixeye.com/profile/50b7eeeca15d88f57b003f32

Skipjack - Moderator
https://www.kixeye.com/profile/50285bbb35cf368642000096

CyberToad - Moderator
https://www.kixeye.com/profile/11b0ebcd00df492780bb6308

Comm.Soviet-Union - Moderator
https://www.kixeye.com/profile/50d0f0834a3a8a4d3409dfb1

This post would probably get ignored because of lack of activity because of where this forum is located.
I do also have a question, why do this forum section even exist, it should at least get moved to the WC forums. This forum should not be hidden away from the War commander forums. A user would probably go to the WC forums long before the WC FAQ forums.

Last Updated: December the 15th 2017
Video games don't cause violence, lag does.
  • Than3_Mantis
    Than3_Mantis
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2016 Posts: 3,678
    Good thread man. Might wanna talk to Sulaco about getting moved to where people actually look on the forums though.
    Maybe you'll learn why they hid such a seemingly useful forum into such an obscure place as well. It serves no purpose here.
  • Axel L
    Axel L
    Unicorn Overlord
    Good thread man. Might wanna talk to Sulaco about getting moved to where people actually look on the forums though.
    Maybe you'll learn why they hid such a seemingly useful forum into such an obscure place as well. It serves no purpose here.
    This forum has absolutely no purpose at all. I'm 99% sure that no new players will find this post because this forum section is located in the most obscure place. It can easily be seen with the post count in this section.
  • Than3_Mantis
    Than3_Mantis
    Unicorn Overlord
    Axel L said:
    This forum has absolutely no purpose at all. I'm 99% sure that no new players will find this post because this forum section is located in the most obscure place. It can easily be seen with the post count in this section.
    Probably. Off_Topic is like an invisible forum to most average players, and a bin to KIXEYE higher ups.
  • Axel L
    Axel L
    Unicorn Overlord
    Axel L said:
    Probably. Off_Topic is like an invisible forum to most average players, and a bin to KIXEYE higher ups.
    Yeah, the only reason why the WC FAQ forums have posts with a decent amount of views is because you will come directly to one of the posts in this forum section when you click on the field manual.

I think the old field manual may be the most viewed post on the forums mainly because of that reason (1.2M views). The current field manual stands with 68.1k views which isn't that bad but that is because it's linked from the game. It was a while ago when I last time clicked on the Field Manual.

Another interesting fact is that it's only the latest activity on the WC FAQ forums that has the highest priority on the KIXEYE.COM forums activity feed.

• Than3_Mantis
    Than3_Mantis
    Unicorn Overlord
    Axel L said:
    Axel L said:
    Yeah, the only reason why the WC FAQ forums have posts with a decent amount of views is because you will come directly to one of the posts in this forum section when you click on the field manual.

I think the old field manual may be the most viewed post on the forums mainly because of that reason (1.2M views). The current field manual stands with 68.1k views which isn't that bad but that is because it's linked from the game. It was a while ago when I last time clicked on the Field Manual.

Another interesting fact is that it's only the latest activity on the WC FAQ forums that has the highest priority on the KIXEYE.COM forums activity feed.

Yeah I've noticed that as well. Maybe that's their way of getting people to notice this place.
    It should really switch back to Off_Topic though. I swear it used to actually advertise the Off_Topic Forums instead of the FAQ.
  • Axel L
    Axel L
    Unicorn Overlord
    edited 22 Jan 2017, 4:42PM
    Axel L said:
    Axel L said:

Yeah I've noticed that as well. Maybe that's their way of getting people to notice this place.
    It should really switch back to Off_Topic though. I swear it used to actually advertise the Off_Topic Forums instead of the FAQ.
    The Off-Topics forum do also have some activity unlike most of the other forum sections. There is no reason to see the activity feed in any of the FAQ forums.

This is discussion is also a record title holder in 2 categories.
    • Most replied discussion (6 replies).
    • The discussion where most users have taken part in (2 users).
    The old field manual do stand strong with few WC FAQ forum records.
    • Most viewed discussion (1.2M views)
    • Most liked discussion (308 likes)
    • Most liked reply (94 likes)
  • Hyperius
    Hyperius
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 11,945
    The War Commander Field Manual I made has 68.8k views and the one before that has 1.2M. It's linked to the game so people are redirected here and see it.

KIXEYE Senior Moderator

Playing since 9/30/11

Helpful Links:  Site Rules / Report a Player / ToS / Ticket Status /

Have a problem? KIXEYE Customer Service

• Axel L
    Axel L
    Unicorn Overlord
    Hyperius said:
    The War Commander Field Manual I made has 68.8k views and the one before that has 1.2M. It's linked to the game so people are redirected here and see it.
    It would have a much higher quantity of views if it was in a more relevant forum section. The only views those posts get are because they have a direct link.
    However, this is what kixeye says about the purpose of the FAQ forums.
    Check here before you submit a ticket or post in forum support!

I feel like this purpose is not meat at all because they are slightly any information here to help players. It's also very hidden.

• Than3_Mantis
    Than3_Mantis
    Unicorn Overlord
    Axel L said:
    Hyperius said:
    It would have a much higher quantity of views if it was in a more relevant forum section. The only views those posts get are because they have a direct link.

I feel like this purpose is not meat at all because they are slightly any information here to help players. It's also very hidden.

I agree. KIXEYE should just kick these forums out of the .com section and put them where they should logically be.
    Not rely on links above the game that most folks probably don't really acknowledge. Besides, when people have a problem, odds are the first place they go is the forums, and no offence, but I don't hear things like the field manual or the FAQ's down here being cited for answers.
  • Axel L
    Axel L
    Unicorn Overlord
    Axel L said:
    Hyperius said:

I agree. KIXEYE should just kick these forums out of the .com section and put them where they should logically be.
    Not rely on links above the game that most folks probably don't really acknowledge. Besides, when people have a problem, odds are the first place they go is the forums, and no offence, but I don't hear things like the field manual or the FAQ's down here being cited for answers.
    Kixeye hasn't learned yet that this forum section don't serve its purpose in any way. I did send recently a PM to one of the War Commander Forum moderator and he/she didn't know that this forum section did exist.
  • Than3_Mantis
    Than3_Mantis
    Unicorn Overlord
    Axel L said:
    Axel L said:
    Hyperius said:

Kixeye hasn't learned yet that this forum section don't serve its purpose in any way. I did send recently a PM to one of the War Commander Forum moderator and he/she didn't know that this forum section did exist.
    Proof that these forums are meaningless down here. Time for KIXEYE to reshuffle the website around.
  • Axel L
    Axel L
    Unicorn Overlord
    Axel L said:
    Axel L said:
    Hyperius said:

Proof that these forums are meaningless down here. Time for KIXEYE to reshuffle the website around.
    Like seen before, kixeye hasn't done anything about this forum section.

According the CM_Scarlett this and all the other FAQ forums was intended to be read only. However, there is a lot of outdated information over here.
    CM_Scarlett said:
    the FAQ forums are intended to be read-only
    I have actually asked him/her why the FAQ forums are not together with the game forums and that was the answer I got. I wish kixeye makes something about these forums.
    The only FAQ forum with any activity are the WC FAQ forums because it's a link to a post in this forum section click on Field Manual in game.
    The other FAQ forums has in common that most of the posts has less than 25 views which proves that the forums section don't serve its purpose.
  • Than3_Mantis
    Than3_Mantis
    Unicorn Overlord
    Axel L said:

According the CM_Scarlett this and all the other FAQ forums was intended to be read only. However, there is a lot of outdated information over here.
    CM_Scarlett said:
    I have actually asked him/her why the FAQ forums are not together with the game forums and that was the answer I got. I wish kixeye makes something about these forums.
    The only FAQ forum with any activity are the WC FAQ forums because it's a link to a post in this forum section click on Field Manual in game.
    The other FAQ forums has in common that most of the posts has less than 25 views which proves that the forums section don't serve its purpose.
    KIXEYE are just full of contradictions, trust me. I've been trying to make sense of their madness for a long time and gotten nowhere.
  • Axel L
    Axel L
    Unicorn Overlord
    Axel L said:

CM_Scarlett said:
    KIXEYE are just full of contradictions, trust me. I've been trying to make sense of their madness for a long time and gotten nowhere.
    Good luck. I think kixeye needs an attitude change towards there players.

• Than3_Mantis
    Than3_Mantis
    Unicorn Overlord
    Yes. Yes they do.
  • Axel L
    Axel L
    Unicorn Overlord
    I did update the thread. My goal is to make this thread updated so it wasn't a waste of time for those who come here.
    Yes. Yes they do.
    What do you refer to Thane?
  • Than3_Mantis
    Than3_Mantis
    Unicorn Overlord
    edited 28 Mar 2017, 2:11PM
    Axel L said:
    Yes. Yes they do.
    Glitcheye needing to change their attitude towards their players.
  • Axel L
    Axel L
    Unicorn Overlord
    Axel L said:
    Yes. Yes they do.
    Glitcheye needing to change their attitude towards their players.
    They will only fail if they don't. WC for example has a lot of potential to be one of the best games in that genre but kixeye is wasting there opportunity.
  • Hyperius
    Hyperius
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 11,945
    I'll clarify a few things here. These forums are supposed to be read only and users shouldn't be able to create or reply to threads in these sections. That said, I can either move this whole thread to the War Commander Players Guides forum or I could remove the comments and lock the thread here.

KIXEYE Senior Moderator

Playing since 9/30/11

Helpful Links:  Site Rules / Report a Player / ToS / Ticket Status /

Have a problem? KIXEYE Customer Service