This is NOT the forum for War Commander web. For that forum, go here: https://www.kixeye.com/forum/categories/war-commander

War Commander: Rogue Assault is a new mobile title from KIXEYE. Any topics created that are not about WC:RA will be moved to the appropriate forum.

Adjacent Electricity Transformers?!

The4kBeast
The4kBeast
Greenhorn
Joined Jan 2017 Posts: 3

How is this possible? I managed to do it once after seeing someone's base that did it. But now they have a red ring around them that don't allow placement right next to one another. Buggy.

• PortRhombus
    PortRhombus
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2017 Posts: 1

I'm having the same issue. I had them set side by side and now I cant?

• Dylan Abbott
    Dylan Abbott
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2017 Posts: 1

Same?

• Tan Lm
    Tan Lm
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 79
    You are not suppose to place transformer near to each other but the initial placement got a bug so some managed to place them side by side. Later versions got this fixed but anything before update was preserved while rest cannot but transformers next to each other now, you have to place the next transformer outside the ring of influence.

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." -- Thomas Edison

• Tan Lm
    Tan Lm
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 79
    You are not suppose to place transformer near to each other but the initial placement got a bug so some managed to place them side by side. Later versions got this fixed but anything before update was preserved while rest cannot but transformers next to each other now, you have to place the next transformer outside the ring of influence.

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." -- Thomas Edison

• oldbutnotpassedit
    oldbutnotpassedit
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 240
    edited 28 Jan 2017, 11:50PM
    Tan Lm said:
    Thanks Tan Lm, but I would like an official response to this one. I had never tried putting mine next to each other until AFTER I had read this thread, and I could, so not sure you have it right.
    Edit: I can now NOT place them near each other
  • TJCart
    TJCart
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2017 Posts: 19
    I don't mean to necro this post, but how do adjacent transformers behave? Do they both give boosts to turrets that are within their range or give the same boost as only one transformer would give (but would both have to be destroyed before the boost is lost)? If they both boost simultaneously, are the boosts additive or multiplicative? I know how the math should work--that additional boosts should be successive (e.g. two 50% boosts would yield a total boost of 75%)--but due to the fact that it wasn't intended for transformers to buff the same turret anyhow, I could imagine that they might behave in some pretty odd ways.
  • FireCorp
    FireCorp
    Joined Mar 2017 Posts: 63
    It is true what was said before.  Transformers can not be placed inside of the zone of influence of another transformer.  Official or not he spoke the truth.

• FireCorp
    FireCorp
    Transformers give added power to any turret within range of the transformer but the more things that the transformer affects... the more of a power drain that occurs.
  • TJCart
    TJCart
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2017 Posts: 19
    Well I know that's the case now, but before they fixed it some transformers were placed inside each others zone of influence. I still come across it in some of the bases that I attack occasionally. I suppose the next time I do, I'll take a screenshot for proof. However until then, I'm still interested to see how these "doubled up" transformers behave.
  • FireCorp
    FireCorp
    I will look for them to.  message the player after you get the screenshot and ask them how it is working.