New Base Hull Retrofit Dry Dock addition Idea

Hedgehog5350
Hedgehog5350
Minor Nuisance
Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 148
Hey Kix, how about a new addition to our bases...  My idea is a retrofit dry dock.  Used ONLY to retrofit existing hulls.  I know you guys probably think it will cost you some coin BUT, if you make the retrofit times double normal build times, it shouldn't affect your bottom line.  So while you are building a ship in the shipyard, users can retrofit an existing hull but at double the time it would take in the shipyard...  So users can have 2 hulls going at once...  Well, what does everyone think?
  • GirlsRideAllNight
    GirlsRideAllNight
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2017 Posts: 2
    Sounds pretty good to me
  • John Appleton
    John Appleton
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 5
    Hey Kix, how about a new addition to our bases...  My idea is a retrofit dry dock.  Used ONLY to retrofit existing hulls.  I know you guys probably think it will cost you some coin BUT, if you make the retrofit times double normal build times, it shouldn't affect your bottom line.  So while you are building a ship in the shipyard, users can retrofit an existing hull but at double the time it would take in the shipyard...  So users can have 2 hulls going at once...  Well, what does everyone think?

• John Appleton
    John Appleton
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 5
    we could do with a dry dock to help ease the time it takes to build new hulls because you can refit and build at the same time and those who want to coin can do on both giving Kixeye more coin into the bargain 
  • 2wheeledboat
    2wheeledboat
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 16

• Hedgehog5350
    Hedgehog5350
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 148
    think a dry dock is a good idea but with double the time no sense then time are way to long as it is
    I just figure it has to be sold to Kix for them to buy in.  Even if its at double build time it's better than what we have now which is 0.  I would be happy with any ability to retrofit without having to tie up valuable shipyard time.  It just seems as though hulls that aren't retrofitted become useless as the weapons and technologies become more advanced.
  • joe crossland
    joe crossland
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 977
    Kix shot this idea down long ago 
  • Rixa Pirata
    Rixa Pirata
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 812

They are so concerned with fast money, that they don't realize this would make them even more in the long run. Kixeye has never been good at making business decisions.

I've loved this idea since the first time it was ever proposed, but they keep throwing the idea right in the trash every time.

Even now, when the build and refit times are so long that it is impossible to make older ships useful again.....they still wont revisit the suggestion.

We need a refit/drydock now more than ever before, and I doubt very seriously that they will ever give it to us.

• david.muir.71
    david.muir.71
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 50
    ok no dry dock but what about different class shipyards. shipyard for each class of hull w/ different bonuses or perks like factions
    big pmpn sector 196
  • jarrodskufca832
    jarrodskufca832
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2016 Posts: 61
    ok no dry dock but what about different class shipyards. shipyard for each class of hull w/ different bonuses or perks like factions
    I think that would be a very good idea indeed
  • Golden Knights
    Golden Knights
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 157
    How about they just do a dry dock why make it double the amount of time as ships already take way to long. I do not think they will do it as kix only does things that get them money and non coiners pissed 
  • jarrodskufca832
    jarrodskufca832
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2016 Posts: 61
    that would be a good idea as well
  • Battlethemall
    Battlethemall
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 3
    I have the same suggestion as most above only i purpose you allow the gantry to be used for refits so that  we get some use out of it since once you have the Hyperion built  the gantry doesn't have a purpose. 
  • richard.reeves.52
    richard.reeves.52
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 6
    lol good luck ive been asking for 5 years

• myersey
    myersey
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 186
    why not just make it so you can refit anytime after build is complete for a coin or two per weapon or special/ like an any time refit would come in handy during raids and make them money. a win win situation.

• myersey
    myersey
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 186
    no shipyard or dock needed to refit

• REDRUM_APX
    REDRUM_APX
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 11
    Don't know about a dry dock but shipyards for each of the class's of ships would be nice just like we have the gantry for the mega why not class shipyards -- 
    RUMM
  • Maritime r
    Maritime r
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 34
    I just scrap old ships now,no point in keeping them,cant do anything with them but take up space in storage.I also dont coin hulls when new or coin at all anymore once Kixeye got out of hand and started to not listen to its customers. I might coin a refit if at a reasonable amount,like say 2-5$ per ship if they still use-able in the game,defiantly wouldnt for a hull that is useless period,wasn't that what the retrofit research was supposed to help with? Oh right that got left out to dry when they realized they couldn't make money from something taht should be free lol.,Kixeye would never come up with a reasonable $ amount,build times are creeping back up again as is and they think we dont notice their tricks lol
  • Wyvern The PinkiePie
    Wyvern The PinkiePie
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 3,753
    Mod to close and remove Necro Thread in the wrong sub-forum?
    Screw the rules, I'm Pinkie Pie. =3
  • Jun-Young Chung
    Jun-Young Chung
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 18
    edited 28 Sep 2017, 7:42AM
    oops wrong post sorry...
  • Templar614
    Templar614
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 13,557
    Well we are finally getting an extra shipyard of sorts.

Closing necro thread.
This discussion has been closed.