Rogue Crew System is in desperate need of Attention

mauisurfrat
mauisurfrat
Potential Threat
Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 46
The Rogue crew system needs some major attention.
It does not cost 1000 U to get a decent crew, it takes about 100 000 -150 000. That is for a "decent" crew, as in 2 star. During the last Raid it became obvious that Kixeye just adjusts the availability of certain crews as they realize what crews people like to use to make challenges more manageable.(Who does stuff like that????????)
It would be cool if Kixeye could turn DOS and BB crews back on now, after the raid.
The game has a lot of repetitiveness.
Now since Kix over regulates the rogue system. I can keep clicking for hours just to find a crew, spending lots of Uranium and (OMG) TIME.  
I literally turn a movie on and keep clicking for crews and refilling uranium, as needed. Else it is so boring and frustrating that i would just have to take a Nap. Spending a million U for 1 crew has became somewhat normal. 1 mill U comes out to about 1250 clicks at about 5 secs per click equals 104 minutes of just clicking.  

Maybe a good idea would be to have a 10 000 U slot with a higher chance of a decent crew. Or maybe the developers could have a little restrain on how much they exercise their power of total control.........

• Mad_Scientist
    Mad_Scientist
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 7,680

They should scrap the whole rogue crew system. That way they can design raids around available technology and not luck.

I quit playing mafia wars soon after it started because clicking the same thing over and over was so f****** boring. Rolling for crews is just as bad.

Meep!
  • Cam_0
    Cam_0
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 121
    I agree, it was blatantly obvious the chance rate of crew drops was altered during the raid. I was always, and on average, getting a Grease Monkey or Disciples of Skulduggery every 100-300k ura. So far I have rolled over 2mil ura and seen neither one of them. Without these crews I WILL be spending less coin as I don't feel the value in hitting a dozen bases within an hour without being able to half the repair cost with a GM crew. I will just hit one base and send my fleet home to repair the slow way.
  • howie6237
    howie6237
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 565
    So I farmed around 3m U during the last end of the raid(was told to be nice till the end) and totaled up my crews...

2 gm
    3 cutthroats
    3 Remote raiders
    9 trip salties
    5 junkyards
    3 bullseye
    3 deadeye
    1 2 star madien
    Proud to be a Bp youtuber of pve. minimum build time fleets and base guards :D 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkv0jvMUJaGfQFx35DtM9bA
  • Cathedral_Rock
    Cathedral_Rock
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 8,604
    tin hat sales must be going through the roof this month.............
    "Every time there is a change in the game it seems the general reply is a complaint about the changes before they ever happen.  However every time the game changes we use strategy and adapt to the changes and we get used to them. .....without these changes, the game would become boring." -captaindirty 10/31/2017
  • RABBIT1
    RABBIT1
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 783
    I have long suspected that the crew rolls are manipulated by kix.
    In the month running up to the August raid I rolled 5x DoS, 8x BB, 2x cutthroats, 2xGM and several other crews like 2 star Saltys and Blitzers and Wolfpacks.
    I worked the average out to be around 60,000 U per 2 star crew with the 3 star crews coming in around every 150,000 U.

During the raid however, I rolled in excess of 2 million U, I won some BB crews and a GM but there wasn't a sniff of a DoS crew, taking the previous average in to account I should have seen at least one DoS crew.

Please don't quote the kix line of it being random, its a written programme, its impossible to be random, it has to be written in such a way that it will give X at a given point. And that point can be manipulated. 
    What me cynical, no, never, maybe!!, well I have been playing kix games for over 3 years.
    Remember its just a game, your life doesn't rely on you being the best.
    Sectors visited :- Who cares, been to some killed some stuff moved on.
    Hulls :- Yep got some and some have guns and stuff
  • Alpha__Wolf
    Alpha__Wolf
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 883
    NineNines said:
    So I farmed around 3m U during the last end of the raid(was told to be nice till the end) and totaled up my crews...

2 gm
    3 cutthroats
    3 Remote raiders
    9 trip salties
    5 junkyards
    3 bullseye
    3 deadeye
    1 2 star madien
    I learned from watching you how best to do the mow's.While I didn't roll as much as you my stats were virtually the same.Silver salts dropped liked candy.got 2 BB and 2 IC,and 1 GM.Not a sniff of a dos.No one in my crew rolled a dos during raid either.
    TFC Rocks
  • green queen
    green queen
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 80
    It's not random and now that Kixeye is selling crews, so you won't be able to roll for them. Do the math... how much do you really save with a grease monkey that you have to purchase for 72 coin and a reuse at 60 coin for a total of 3 hours of use... taking into account that all the targets have increased in size and length of time for completion... 
  • Pharaz
    Pharaz
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 201
    They should trash the current system for rogue crews. They should make them like rockets. Research a crew, then you can train a crew. One use each. Different crews take more resources and time to train. You want a common crew okay 10 minutes; Uncommon crew 2 hours; Rare crew 24 hours; Legendary crew 12 days.
  • bananaland1
    bananaland1
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2015 Posts: 332
    i had previously been getting fearless blitzers so much i was dumping them overboard.
    in the last week or two (around the changes to FM was being discussed) fearless blitzers have become much rarer rolls

RNG or fix?
  • kixeyeuser_1375810824263_12234_28846940
    kixeyeuser_1375810824263_12234_28846940
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 4,914

Keep ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN just keep ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN.

Cheeki.

@Pharaz said:
    They should trash the current system for rogue crews. They should make them like rockets. Research a crew, then you can train a crew. One use each. Different crews take more resources and time to train. You want a common crew okay 10 minutes; Uncommon crew 2 hours; Rare crew 24 hours; Legendary crew 12 days.

Yay. finally an idea that doesn't give me cancer I mean Lucky Bastards.

• DerpyTheCow
    DerpyTheCow
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 1,369

Kixeye does NOT adjust the avalibilty of crews in raids. It is just psychological.

When I am not helping people on forums, I run a YouTube channel.  I focus on actually helping players in the game. I respond to every comment on there, so it is the best way to find me. If you want more info click the link below.

https://www.youtube.com/c/DerpyTheCow47?sub_confirmation=1
  • michael.wright.3382
    michael.wright.3382
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 38
    Kixeye does adjust the availability of crews, since I have witnessed personally spinning the same crew 4 times in a row. So, a better solution is to get rid of rogue crews all together and reduce the damage requirements on targets, as well as turn down the damage taken from targets..............you know, EXACTLY THE WAY IT USED TO BE.
  • michael.wright.3382
    michael.wright.3382
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 38
    As far a random goes, at best it can be an algorithm for crying out loud. have your developers send me the snippet of code that performs the "random" selection. I could really use that in my own applications.
  • Benjar1981
    Benjar1981
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 1,193
    not to dissent in any way, but I love the crews and even though it is a pain to roll them sometimes, even the lower level ones can be quite useful, and certainly better than not having them.  I have had immense amounts of success 48 hours before up until raid start each of the last 4 months.  Every single time in those 4 months I would roll monkeys, dos, and others every single time, on e of those months I got a dos, monkey, and a couple others consecutively.  And thats been each of the last 4 raids.  During the non raid times though, no bueno...so I dont know.
  • darrylwayne2005
    darrylwayne2005
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 1,131
    This is a good Post  :smile:

• darrylwayne2005
    darrylwayne2005
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 1,131
    It does not cost 1000 U to get a decent crew, it takes about 100 000 -150 000. That is for a "decent" crew, as in 2 star. During the last Raid it became obvious that Kixeye just adjusts the availability of certain crews as they realize what crews people like to use to make challenges more manageable.(Who does stuff like that????????)
    It would be cool if Kixeye could turn DOS and BB crews back on now, after the raid.
    Now since Kix over regulates the rogue system. I can keep clicking for hours just to find a crew, spending lots of Uranium and (OMG) TIME.  
    I literally turn a movie on and keep clicking for crews and refilling uranium, as needed. Else it is so boring and frustrating that i would just have to take a Nap. Spending a million U for 1 crew has became somewhat normal. 1 mill U comes out to about 1250 clicks at about 5 secs per click equals 104 minutes of just clicking.  

Maybe a good idea would be to have a 10 000 U slot with a higher chance of a decent crew. Or maybe the developers could have a little restrain on how much they exercise their power of total control.........

I agree with this observation :sunglasses:

• andy.bogeyed
    andy.bogeyed
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 22
    kixeye have a monetary value of 30 coins placed on 200 k uranium so why cant they add to the 30 coin option the value of 200k uranium  so it would be left button 30 coins right button 200k uranium  am sure kixeye want all us players actually playing the game instead of half the time roll roll reroll as it is now im spending most of my time playing watching those rogues roll along i will fill up on uranium 293k and just roll till its gone collecting 1 or 2 rogues from it then fill up again and repeat my fleet being repaired while i roll no coin spent no game being played i roll aprox 365 times per session takes  an hour to roll ,  takes me less than 20 mins to refill  and my damage usually between 1 and 2 hours  so i dont spend any on collecting rogues now if i had option to spend 200k in 1 sec i would most likely be either coining repairs to collect more uranium or killing something or other ,makes sense to me to let me do something thats never costing anything instant so im off doing stuff that im likely to be spending coins doing just saying lol
  • andy.bogeyed
    andy.bogeyed
    Greenhorn
    other reasons why it so logical to add uranium cost to instant is if i could spend my uranium instant i would be killing more armaders which in turn would make it easier to get bar to orange which in turn would encourage other players to hit targets only available in orange as it stands i kill till i anm full then i stop by time i start again bar back to teal only time i see bar in orange is in sectors where there are lots of high level bases the rest hardly ever the reason i just stated alone should be enough for kixeye to take the need of being able to buy rogues in 1 single hit seriously
  • andy.bogeyed
    andy.bogeyed
    Greenhorn
    and now i had my say back to rolling for rogues all i have done since i logged on to bp 7 hours ago 0 coins spent
  • Benjar1981
    Benjar1981
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 1,193

Keep ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN just keep ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN.

Cheeki.

@Pharaz said:

Yay. finally an idea that doesn't give me cancer I mean Lucky Bastards.

Well 12 days per legendary is pretty ridiculous.  I meant, I have over a years worth of them in my hall now if it were to have been that way, then you also cannot get regular crews then either.
  • Sea_Maiden
    Sea_Maiden
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 24

I rolled 94K uranium and did not get any Dead Eyes or Bulls Eye.  Something has to be done to correct the odds of getting a higher level crew. 

• Scooby4610
    Scooby4610
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 16
    Kixeye  your Rogue crew system needs some major overhauling,,there is no need to roll 2 mill U for a decent  gold crew?   I have not got a DOS  in 2  months that is  bullshit,, I like the idea of charging 10K  for rare crews drop rate at 100%  you made the armadas  available we  pirates had to change  our fleets and coining to  adjust and ya fvck  us on the rogue crews  now  not right
  • 2 times i have ( lucky bastards) and not 1 blueprint ??? dont understand thx in advance
  • Scooby4610
    Scooby4610
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 16
    Ah back here again,, Hey Kix why don't ya just take away the crews all together?? that way  all I need to do is get enuff U  for  Mega'a maybe,,some  retro's,, or  maybe a ship build no more rolling  just think of the time everyone will have hitting bases and sinking fleets,,getting back to being fvcking pirates
  • jonathan.shaw.564
    jonathan.shaw.564
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1
    I started rolling for a bullseye brigade or disciples of skulldoggery 2 months before the assault raid cycle started.  4 months later and millions worth of Uranium spent and still not a single one of the crews to be found.  If kix if going to remove the rogue crews that help us, they need to replace them or at least compensate us for the wasted time  and resources.
  • Sea_Maiden
    Sea_Maiden
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 24
    1. Why not have a rogue crew especially for reaver fleets?  or, have I missed seeing one?  Also, I filled up with uranium 3 times. Rolled it all 3 times trying to get Grease Monkey crew.  I got one.  That is entirely wrong.  We need new crews to compliment new hulls and weapons and more opportunity to roll 2 or 3 star elite crews.
  • VvVvVvVvV
    VvVvVvVvV
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 954
    IF you already have all the blueprints, Lucky Bastards become unlucky. They're don't do nothing. And the designers have refused to enhance them -- they could easily check to see if you already have all the blueprints and randomly drop a shard or a chest. THAT would make them very lucky. 
    Battle Pirates -- 5 minutes of game play, 12 hours of repair

“Too many F2P games focus on whale spending. Pay to win is not a sustainable model for the games ecosystem.” -- Will Harbin interview on GamesBeat, Oct 2014
  • VvVvVvVvV
    VvVvVvVvV
    Strike-force Captain
    If you roll a 6-sided die, your odds of getting any of the values is 1 in 6. It's linear. 

But if you roll 2 6-sided dice, your odds are not linear -- you have the greatest chance of getting a 7 and a low chance of snake eyes or box cars. 

Random does not mean linear, it does not mean equal probability of all outcomes.

“Too many F2P games focus on whale spending. Pay to win is not a sustainable model for the games ecosystem.” -- Will Harbin interview on GamesBeat, Oct 2014
  • VvVvVvVvV
    VvVvVvVvV
    Strike-force Captain
    A huge thing that needs to be updated on the Rogue Crews is the "Favoured Ship". Why The F is that so hard to do? All the favoured ships are obsolete. Is it laziness or just another way of showing contempt for us?