KIXEYE.com Forums Notifications Tips

CM Scarlett
CM Scarlett
Unicorn Overlord
Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 3,032
Many players have requested a way to "leave" a discussion and no longer receive notifications. Here's how I have my notifications set up so I am not constantly bombarded by notifications from threads I've left long ago:

It does take a while to remember to bookmark discussions you want to follow, but once you get adjusted it works great. Not everyone has to use this, but it works for me!

Feel free to share any other forum tips and tricks below!
Submit ideas and feedback
>>>r/VEGAConflict<<<

• Yard
    Yard
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2010 Posts: 11,803
    Would it be possible to eventually get a feature to just unfollow threads? I could've sworn we used to have one, but I think that was way back before the forums changed. This isn't a terrible workaround, but I don't think I'd remember to bookmark half the discussions I wanted and having to revisit your page to unbookmark constantly would be a bit of a pain.
  • CM Scarlett
    CM Scarlett
    Unicorn Overlord
    @Yard It would be kinda cool but that's basically duplicate functionality (the "bookmark" feature is basically "follow" and "unfollow" a particular discussion)
    >>>r/VEGAConflict<<<

• Yard
    Yard
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2010 Posts: 11,803
    Fair point. I guess I just use bookmarks to keep specific threads I refer back to, it's more of a long-term thing than a short-term thing with me, and like I said, it'd be a pain visiting your user page so often to remove bookmarks. I guess I can understand the decision though.
  • CM Scarlett
    CM Scarlett
    Unicorn Overlord
    Personally, I don't usually remove bookmarks from the users page. If I get a notification from a thread I don't want to follow, I'll hit the notification and un-bookmark it from there. It's not perfect, but it saves me from getting spammed from ages old discussions :)
    >>>r/VEGAConflict<<<

• TomBrooklyn
    TomBrooklyn
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1,912
    CM_Scarlett said: If I get a notification from a thread I don't want to follow, I'll hit the notification and un-bookmark it from there.
    Greetings.   Exactly how does one do that?

• I'm trying to play this game iv ben playing for a long time and now wen I  log in and my base come's up it freezes up
  • Axel L
    Axel L
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 6,194
    @Yard It would be kinda cool but that's basically duplicate functionality (the "bookmark" feature is basically "follow" and "unfollow" a particular discussion)
    It would actually be better with an follow feature. Like Yard said, I do also bookmark some of the more important discussions to either find information.

Bookmark is more like a tool to help to find great posts.
    There are also some users that don't have full knowledge how to quote in the forums which means it will be registered as a reply instead of a quote.

It would also be great with a feature that makes it easier to write with red letters for example.
    Video games don't cause violence, lag does.
  • TomBrooklyn
    TomBrooklyn
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1,912
    there ought to be an option to follow or not by default, which there is;  and an option on individual threads to do the opposite of the default.    standard.    where is the option to unfollow?

• CM Scarlett
    CM Scarlett
    Unicorn Overlord
    there ought to be an option to follow or not by default, which there is;  and an option on individual threads to do the opposite of the default.    standard.    where is the option to unfollow?
    If you have it set to not follow the thread by default, the "option on individual threads to do the opposite of the default" is the bookmark (star) icon.
    >>>r/VEGAConflict<<<