what is the best way to use Jackal and Nightmares?

Andy Kroll
Andy Kroll
Potential Threat
Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 85
Hey Guys, I just got that starter pack and I don't really know how to use the Jackals and Nightmares. Can anyone give some advice please? I have 5 of each.

Thanks Ahead of time
  • igpa-atinla
    igpa-atinla
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 1,330
    Jackals are great baiting units, especially if you ever get corrosive coating.
    Nightmares have splash, so wall targeting can kill things, and take reduced damage from mines.
    To all you people who can't tell, this is a TAG.
    If you did something wrong, don't **** about it to Kixeye. Man up, and accept what has happened as your fault.
  • Valkyria
    Valkyria
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 112
    Jackals, just keep em moving around, NEVER let them stay, nightmare goes good with Doran (if u have) and with the proper ws and handle (use their splash and move horizontally/perpedicular against target with slow projectile) u can flat any base, their my choice lol (even though a lot player said them weak)
  • igpa-atinla
    igpa-atinla
    Incursion Leader
    Valkyria said:
    Jackals, just keep em moving around, NEVER let them stay, nightmare goes good with Doran (if u have) and with the proper ws and handle. Use their splash and move horizontally/perpendicularly against target with slow projectile, u can flat any base, their my choice lol (even though a lot player said them weak)
    Considering as he has bought, and apparently needs, this package, I would say he doesn't have 110 mil res cap (correct if wrong). W/o this much metal and oil, you won't be able to build Doran, even if Andy somehow got 600K exp. But yeah, that's a good strategy.
    If you did something wrong, don't **** about it to Kixeye. Man up, and accept what has happened as your fault.
  • Valkyria
    Valkyria
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 112
    Valkyria said:
    Jackals, just keep em moving around, NEVER let them stay, nightmare goes good with Doran (if u have) and with the proper ws and handle. Use their splash and move horizontally/perpendicularly against target with slow projectile, u can flat any base, their my choice lol (even though a lot player said them weak)
    Considering as he has bought, and apparently needs, this package, I would say he doesn't have 110 mil res cap (correct if wrong). W/o this much metal and oil, you won't be able to build Doran, even if Andy somehow got 600K exp. But yeah, that's a good strategy.
    Yeap, highly likely, but maybe..., or just put ultra as meatshield and nightmare will do its job, or if Andy (was) an experienced player and can handle a lot controls, then just use both of them together, spread nightmare and set fire at will while controlling the jackals round and round as bait. 
  • Andy Kroll
    Andy Kroll
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 85
    Valkyria said:
    Yeah...I'm still at 55mil in Resources and Don;t have Doran and havent sniffed 600K in an event in awhile

Thanks for the advice guys

• Carride
    Carride
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 1,636
    Jackals : Put them with Charged Ord.
    Nightmares: I don't use them unless I have splash customised.
    YOU WILL NEVER GET ME!
    What makes you doubt life comes when you feel you will never doubt your life again.
  • igpa-atinla
    igpa-atinla
    Incursion Leader
    Jackals : Put them with Charged Ord.
    Nightmares: I don't use them unless I have splash customised.
    Only put 1 or 2 Jackals w/ CO, as this component reduces damage.