Community Support FAQ (Read before posting!)

CM Chris
CM Chris
KIXEYE Community Manager
Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 3,675
edited 22 Apr 2016, 11:31PM

Greetings Rebels! Got a question? Before you post a new thread or submit a support ticket, check our complete list of Knowledge Base articles HERE. Alternatively, here is a list of answers to Frequently Asked Questions.

POST #1: Account Problems

POST #2: Gameplay Questions

POST #3: Fair Play

POST #4: Performance Problems/Feedback

WC:RA/BP Community Manager
Community Rules: CLICK HERE
Submit a Support Ticket: CLICK HERE
  • CM Chris
    CM Chris
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    edited 22 Apr 2016, 11:23PM

ACCOUNT PROBLEMS

"I’m having trouble linking my account!” OR “I’d like to play my base on a different platform, how do I do that?”

Follow the steps in this ACCOUNT LINKING GUIDE.

If you’re still having trouble, submit a Support Ticket. Include your Player ID (found by selecting your avatar in-game), the Player ID of the account you see when you log in to the new platform, and a list of which platforms you’d like to play from.

“I logged in and it put me in the wrong base!”

You are most likely logging in through the wrong platform - please log out and log back in again. If you are not logged into your account correctly, please file a Support Ticket including the Player ID of your original account. Unfortunately, this can also happen when using a guest account. Guest accounts don’t have login information, so if you logged out of a guest account, there’s no way to get back in. For this reason, we recommend linking any account to KIXEYE.com by following the steps in the ACCOUNT LINKING GUIDE.

“I made a purchase and never received the content that I paid for!”

If a payment was successfully debited from your account but you never received the content in-game, this means that the transaction failed to be reconciled out of the payment platform’s register. If you made the purchase on KIXEYE.COM, first send a support ticket to Xsolla at https://support.xsolla.com/ who will send us any necessary information to help you get your purchase issue resolved.

If you made the purchase on any other platform, you need to contact that platform's Support instead (for iOS, contact Apple Support; for Google Play, contact Google Support; for Steam, contact Steam Support). Every company’s payment platform is their own intellectual property and we cannot see nor control any payments that are stuck in their registers. If their Support cannot help or they insist that the purchase was sent to us when it was not, you should contact your bank for a further assistance.

• CM Chris
    CM Chris
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    edited 22 Apr 2016, 11:23PM

GAMEPLAY QUESTIONS

“I keep taking actions that earn base XP, but my XP bar isn’t moving forward!”

You can find a list of actions that earn base XP HERE.

If you are taking actions that earn base XP but do not see any increase in your XP level, then you are in XP debt. This happens when you refit or scrap an item that results in your base having less XP than it did prior to the refit/scrap. You must earn your lost XP back before you will see your XP gauge increase again.

Please do not submit a support ticket regarding this issue. If your XP bar is not moving forward, it is because you are in XP debt. Continue to take actions that earn XP and eventually you will see your gauge move forward again.

“I haven’t gotten a blueprint piece in forever! The drop rate is broken/too low!”

Blueprint drop rates are a source of either celebration or frustration, depending on how lucky you are that day.

• Blueprints are super rare, so getting one is great news! But as with all rare items, droughts are common.

• Within each tier: the higher the fleet level; the more likely a blueprint piece will be to drop.

• i.e. Blueprints for fleets 27 - 33, level 33 fleets drop blueprints more frequently than level 27 fleets

• There is a thing called the ‘streak break counter’. It starts at 0. If you destroy a valid fleet but do not get a drop, you increase your 'streak break counter' by 1. This is to help you by preventing extremely long streaks of bad luck.

• Once the ‘streak break counter’ reaches its maximum limit, regardless of the drop chance, you will get a blueprint piece the next drop. The streak breaker then resets to 0.

• Nothing resets the streakbreaker besides getting a BP. Nothing.

• Fleets in a tier you have already completed will not contribute toward your Streakbreaker count.

• The streak breaker limit is 50. If you defeat 50 valid fleets and don’t get a drop, then hold on to your ****...you’re about to get a new piece.

Gambler's Fallacy (helpful to keep in mind):

The incorrect belief that if something happens more frequently than normal during one period, it will happen less frequently in the future. Alternatively, if something happens less frequently than normal during one period, it will happen more frequently in the future (presumably as a means of balancing nature). Don't fall prey to this classic probability trap! You can read more here.

“I’m missing Crafting Materials!”

If you earned Crafting Materials, the only place you can see them is on the Materials tab of your Workshop. The Crafting and Fusion tab do not show your current Materials, only how many Materials are required for the specific recipe you are observing.

If you had Materials but no longer do, then you used them in the Crafting Tab, the Fusion Tab, or the Market.

“I bought tech from the Market, unequipped it, and now it’s gone!”

Component credits are one-time use only, with zero resource cost and zero time cost to equip. If you unequip the tech, that token is gone. This is intended. You are not unlocking the fully researched tech.

“Why can’t I exchange my Event/RIOT points for resources?”

You are only able to exchange Event/RIOT points for resources once you have claimed all possible prizes using the points you have. So, if you can still afford to unlock a remaining prize, you must do so before you can cash in the rest of your points for resources.

(Don't think you can still unlock a prize but aren't being allowed to exchange for resources? Don't forget to check Strongboxes, those count as well!)

“A much higher level player just hit me! That’s not fair!”

The PvP level caps are different in VEGA Conflict than in our other games. Here is how they work:

• An attacking fleet must be within 5 levels above or below a defending base's level.

• An attacking fleet must be within 5 levels above or below a defending fleet's level.

• Once you are level 35+, it’s a free-for-all. You can be hit by anyone else who is over 35.

• If you steal another player’s cargo, your fleet will be marked as a “thief” and all level restrictions will be dropped on that fleet until it is returned to your base.

We put these rules in place so that higher level players can remain active on the battlefield while ensuring that low-level players can still defend themselves. You will never be attacked by a fleet that you cannot handle, and you will never be at such a high level that you have no one to play with anymore.

• CM Chris
    CM Chris
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    edited 22 Apr 2016, 11:24PM

FAIR PLAY

“Is base holding against the rules?”

Yes, but only if the intention is to remove the defending player’s ability to play the game in any way for an extended length of time. If the attack does damage, even minimal damage, or the attack is a prep/scout run gearing up for a larger attack then this is fine. One or two holds for the purposes of retreating is fine.

If you believe you were on the receiving end of base holding then send a support ticket including screenshots of your feed (showing the frequency of the attacks), each battle breakdown (showing damage done in each attack), and a video of playback showing the player is not engaging your base in any meaningful way (this last one is helpful but not necessary).

We will look into it and take appropriate action. Keep in mind that not all action we take against a player will be visible to other players and we do not reveal the results of our investigations, in accordance with our Privacy Policy.

“Is fleet holding against the rules?”

No, fleet holding is allowed.  This is because unlike base holding, which can potentially keep you from playing the game at all, this only ties up one of your fleets, and you are able to maneuver in the battle.  You can also still launch other fleets to intercept the one holding you, or find that player’s base and smash it.

“What is your alternate account policy?”

One base per platform (KIXEYE.com, Steam, iOS, Android, Facebook), these bases cannot be on the same planet, and these bases cannot interact with each other in any way whatsoever. Anything that we interpret as a gameplay advantage obtained by having an alternate account can result in a ban from the game.

“Can I sell an account?”

No. If an account is determined to be under the control of anyone other than its original owner, it will be banned.

“Someone else is accessing my account!”

File a support ticket. Every player is responsible for the security of their own account so if that security is compromised there is no guarantee we can restore that account to you, but we will certainly try.

“Someone’s gold hacking/KIXEYE is providing someone with free gold!”

There are no gold hacks in the game, and no, we’re not. Support will occasionally give out small gold credits in tickets if a player experienced a genuine bug, but anyone who claims they’re paid by KIXEYE (especially for the purposes of hitting other players) is messing with you to try and make you mad. Not everything people say on the internet is true.

Important: If you receive an offer for free/cheap gold from a third-party site, this is a scam! Support receives tickets every day from players who lose control of their account because they believed the illegitimate offers of an unaffiliated website. Signing up for those sites has never once resulted in free or cheap gold for the player. Don't fall prey to phishing scams.

“Someone is cheating!”/“Someone is using scripts!”

If you have evidence that someone is cheating or using scripts we are happy to look at visual evidence in a support ticket. We forward all reports of cheating to our Fair Play team for investigation.

• CM Chris
    CM Chris
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    edited 23 Apr 2016, 12:01AM

PERFORMANCE PROBLEMS/FEEDBACK

“I’m having performance problems/lag/disconnections! Your servers are broken!”

Read through Troubleshooting 101, as well as our Knowledge Base Articles on performance problems, found HERE.

If you still cannot resolve the issues, file a support ticket and we will guide you through the troubleshooting process.

“I have some good ideas for the game!” OR “I have feedback about the design of the game!”

Customer Support does not have oversight nor input into the design of the game. If you have feedback, please post it to the forums.

Didn't find the answer to your question?

If you're on a desktop browser, click "Get Support" in the bottom right corner of THIS PAGE! Mobile users can find the "Get Support" link in their in-game Settings menu.

This discussion has been closed.