Performance Enhancement - Part #1

• RMGSK
    RMGSK
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 112
    Felhunter said:
    RMGSK said:
    just asking is the hellhound bloodlust II, is the ability it own or only can active with tech / team with jericho? whats is the damage reduction for jackal ?
    49% reduction while moving for Jackal and the Hellhound bloodlust they gain per kill even without being in a team
    thanx
  • lolwut1337
    lolwut1337
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 441
    As far as I know stinger missiles and flood turret shells cannot be dodged, they track.
  • SS Sniper
    SS Sniper
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 251
    thanks for this post. some very useful stats for even the most experienced players!   i would be very interested in hearing how the DPS bonus for storm the front works....
  • AdS_Heisenberg
    AdS_Heisenberg
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,117
    Excellent work!

Nothing new for veteran players that payed attention to the board ...

... BUT an extremely good help for those players that are clueless on how to equip their units.

You are leveling out the playing field - being good at customizing was an advantage in the past. This post might change that ;-)
  • ACW-2
    ACW-2
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 125
    i dont understand why u use reinforce axle.
  • KING_FELHUNTER
    KING_FELHUNTER
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 2,628
    ACW-2 said:
    Dante has absolutely no mine resistance 2-3 mines just flatten him 3.9 mil gone in 1second
    Image may contain: night and text
  • Benji F
    Benji F
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 838
    is the take aim . reduce reload speed a good effect or bad effect?
  • Frost-3
    Frost-3
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 233

@FinalFF said:

Very bad effect

• ACW-2
    ACW-2
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 125
    Felhunter said:
    ACW-2 said:
    Dante has absolutely no mine resistance 2-3 mines just flatten him 3.9 mil gone in 1second
    i mean why he compare between reinforce axle n overload
  • Benji F
    Benji F
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 838
    edited 13 Apr 2016, 10:09AM
    Frost-3 said:

@FinalFF said:

Very bad effect

why not use uranium payload for the combo # to replace take aim then?
  • Frost-3
    Frost-3
    Minor Nuisance

@FinalFF said:
    Frost-3 said:

@FinalFF said:

Very bad effect

why not use uranium payload for the combo # to replace take aim then?

I can't see which combo you mean lol
    But I noticed that every time he uses take aim he also uses uranium payload since they are in different place so they can stack togather for maximum damage output of 24+30=54% more damage

• Spase47
    Spase47
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 3
    MX36 said:

Splash Radius Comparison between SF units and the Tempest:

Combo #1
    ♦ Coolant Chamber
    ♦ Bandolier
    ♦ Uranium Payload
    ♦ Shard Expanders
    ♦ Point Defense

With over 2X +DPS%, This setup is very effective against Aircraft and Missiles with clouds of shrapnel fired at a rapid speed. The difference in performance can be easily detected. The only negative effect is the reduced movement speed as a result of using the [Bandolier] recommended for base defense.

Combo #2
    ♦ Coolant Chamber
    ♦ Bandolier
    ♦ Demo Rounds
    ♦ Shard Expanders
    ♦ Point Defense

Aimed at increasing damage against Airborne Platforms, this designs has a decent amount of +DPS% but suffers from the 15% slower movement speed.

Combo #3
    ♦ Coolant Chamber
    ♦ Uranium Payload
    ♦ Demo Rounds
    ♦ Shard Expanders
    ♦ Point Defense

This is the best setup for Airborne Platforms. It deals the highest amount of damage per shot at max range and the damage vs. aircraft is not bad. The clip cycle length is average 

Combo #4
    ♦ Coolant Chamber
    ♦ Uranium Payload
    ♦ Heavy Ordnance
    ♦ Shard Expanders
    ♦ Point Defense

This is the best setup for base-defending Tempests. With the highest +DPS% against Aircraft and missiles at max range and a reasonable clip cycle length.
    There’s a 15% movement speed reduction, but if your Tempests are on defense, this effect will be irrelevant.

Combo #5
    ♦ Take Aim
    ♦ Uranium Payload
    ♦ Heavy Ordnance
    ♦ Shard Expanders
    ♦ Point Defense

At max range, this setup achieve the maximum damage per shot against Aircraft which would be useful against Night owls. But the reload speed reduction from using [Take Aim] makes the clip cycle the longest among all the other setups. Not Recommended!!

Combo #6
    ♦ Uranium Payload
    ♦ Heavy Ordnance
    ♦ Demo Rounds
    ♦ Shard Expanders
    ♦ Point Defense

this setup doubles the amount of DPS without adding any performance enhancement to the Tempest. Aimed at increasing the damage against Airborne Platforms, with slow fire rate. Not recommended Vs Aircraft an missiles.
    The following Combos use [Storm the Front] which gives a conditional +Damage bonus that requires your units to be standing still and depends on how close the enemy is from them.

Combo #7
    ♦ Coolant Chamber
    ♦ Storm the Front
    ♦ Uranium Payload
    ♦ Shard Expanders
    ♦ Point Defense

This setup has THE highest +DPS% of all the possible combinations with nearly a +160% at close range. It’s perfect for base defense against the Phantom, Night owls, Thunderstorms, Missiles and any Aircraft that flies directly above the Tempest.
    also it has no negative effects on the speed or the firing performance.

Combo #8 
    ♦ Storm the Front
    ♦ Heavy Ordnance
    ♦ Uranium Payload
    ♦ Shard Expanders
    ♦ Point Defense

This has the highest damage per shot at zero range, but the clip cycle is longer and the DPS is not better than combo #7 or #9.

Combo #9
    Similar to combo #7 faster performance but less effective at max range.

Special Setups:

Elektra 
    ♦ Charged Ordnance
    ♦ Coolant Chamber
    ♦ Go Commando
    ♦ Shard Expanders

This setup is for shutting down multiple Airborne Platforms in a very wide radius.

Havoc
    ♦ Explosive Ordnance
    ♦ Shard Expanders
    ♦ Coolant Chambers
    ♦ Demo Rounds

This is for extreme splash Vs Airborne Platforms. You can switch [Demo Rounds] with [Uranium Payload] as a good counter to Aircraft.

Waiting to test this Vs the PeaceKeeper Missiles as soon as possible: :smiley: 
    ♦ Coolant Chamber
    ♦ Uranium Payload
    ♦ Explosive Ordnance
    ♦ Shard Expanders
    ♦ Point Defense

Class Components Priorities:
    Coolant Chamber > Uranium Payload > Bandolier > Heavy Ordnance > Storm the Front

Custom Components Priorities:
    Point Defense > Shard Expanders  

Additional Notes:
    - Tempests have 2 weaknesses: Short Range & Slow Movement Speed.
    - Their armor is very tough against AOE damage and Napalm but week to sustain. (just my opinion)
    - The values colored in red in the table above, are the maximum amount of damage to buildings at range zero. These numbers can’t be achieved since Tempests have the Move & Shoot ability and will destroy their targets way before they reach the maximum damage bonus.
    - Increasing DPR is good to counter low~medium HP units like Night owls before they have the chance to reload or retreat.
    - Increasing DPS is good to counter Medium~High HP units like the Titan & the Sandstorm. to kill them before they do serious damage to you.

i have tested my tempest and i dont see it shooting at missle's do i not see it or something?
  • Frost-3
    Frost-3
    Minor Nuisance
    Spase47 the tempest will have a component that allows it to shoot missile in the upcoming event (isolation) not now
  • Spase47
    Spase47
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 3
    aha ty
  • MyBalzich
    MyBalzich
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 1,008
    wqhew, that had to take a while to prepare that

• Phanstern
    Phanstern
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 507
    I would rather see a tech for speed and/or range for the Tempest
  • ShotgunBilly
    ShotgunBilly
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 455
    MX36, great post here! Kudos!! Huge thank you from, I'm sure EVERYONE! That's a lot of time. This post should absolutely be "Pinned" at the top.
  • Frost-3
    Frost-3
    Minor Nuisance
    Phanstern said:
    speed maybe but range i think the tempest is really good with its range the only thing that out range it is the cyclon 
  • KING_FELHUNTER
    KING_FELHUNTER
    Unicorn Overlord
    Frost-3 said:
    Phanstern said:
    speed maybe but range i think the tempest is really good with its range the only thing that out range it is the cyclon 
    Javelins outrange it by alot and those can target missiles still
  • Phanstern
    Phanstern
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 507
    Frost-3 said:
    Phanstern said:
    With a max range of 420, can't even put em with a plat because they would be all alone up front. If they had at least a 450 range you could have Ultras in front for a meat shield.
  • KING_FELHUNTER
    KING_FELHUNTER
    Unicorn Overlord
    Phanstern said:
    Frost-3 said:
    Phanstern said:
    With a max range of 420, can't even put em with a plat because they would be all alone up front. If they had at least a 450 range you could have Ultras in front for a meat shield.
    they have a 504 range in base defense against air at the 20% range increase against air
  • SRV Blues
    SRV Blues
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 157
    Impressive!! Very well done
  • Hells_Advocate
    Hells_Advocate
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 7
    can this be simplified by posting the all round best config for each unit , one for attack and one for defence , rather than 9-11 combinations ?? its too confusing 
  • HeavyGunner3
    HeavyGunner3
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 90
    awesome post Thank you very much for gathering and sharing this info

Your damned if you do and your damned if you dont, So just do it :)
  • Frost-3
    Frost-3
    Minor Nuisance

@Phanstern said:
    Frost-3 said:

Phanstern said:

Oh I didn't know you are using them in attacking javelin is better IMO
    But ya it maybe good a little range buff to 450 wouldn't be that bad

• MX36
    MX36
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 3,191
    As far as I know stinger missiles and flood turret shells cannot be dodged, they track.
    hmm.. you're right! they both have Burst & Splash and cannot be dodged. edited & added to the OP.

I would be very interested in hearing how the DPS bonus for storm the front works....
    Thanks! :) we are waiting for a reply from WrongThinker. lets hope it works relative to the range of our units and not the other way. 
    P Sherman, 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney.
  • SS Sniper
    SS Sniper
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 251
    reason for my question is if you have to get up close and personal for the bonus to kick in then i'd rather not sure this tech
  • MX36
    MX36
    Unicorn Overlord
    Excellent work!

Nothing new for veteran players that payed attention to the board ...

... BUT an extremely good help for those players that are clueless on how to equip their units.

You are leveling out the playing field - being good at customizing was an advantage in the past. This post might change that ;-)
    Indeed! this was meant to help some players prepare for the event ;)
    The Workshop is just one piece of the puzzle, there's still other factors such as units combinations and formations, the placement, Playstyle and the timing....etc. 
    and thank you! I appreciate that :)
  • MX36
    MX36
    Unicorn Overlord
    ACW-2 said:
    We use them in nearly every offensive setup. especially the Rare version which reduces the damage taken from landmines (Mines do serious damage to Dante\Ultra) and more importantly it gives you a +25% movement speed! which can -in certain situations- increase your chances to dodge Nightmares' missiles & the Fire B Artillery rockets or allow you to successfully rush & one-shot an Ion turret for example before it has the chance to recharge & fire back.  ;)
  • MX36
    MX36
    Unicorn Overlord
    FinalFF said:

It's a tradeoff between loosing reload speed & gaining extra damage and it depends on the unit's Reload Time stats. to see which units benefit the most from this component, you have to isolate & apply the Reload Speed modifier only (the +24% damage is irrelevant here as it's a fixed % for all units): 

Here's a table showing only the -20% Reload Speed on the SF units:

you can clearly see how the Reload Speed reduction affected the DPS. the lower the negative effect the better! 
    Infiltrators DPS only reduced by 4% which means this component works very well on them. (also works on Nightmares-Tempests-Jackals as well)
    While the majority of the SFs suffered from serious reductions in DPS especially the Commandos-Sarkis-Warhorse. 

if you added the +24% Damage back to the formula, you will get this:

you can see now why some units got full benefit from the +24% Damage and others got only a small or even zero %. :)