Facebook requires that its users be 13 years of age or older in order to use their service, and so those playing our games through Facebook must be that old to play. As such, a certain amount of salty "PG-13" language is to be expected in chat, and we will not suspend anyone merely because they use curse words.
However, there are some who will abuse their chat privileges, and we rely on our users to report people that need to be reviewed. Such incidents of chat abuse include: racism, sexism, or other personal attacks; discussion of illegal activity; real-life threats; posting personal information; or excessive spam, either of nonsense words, vulgar language, or anything else intended to disrupt chat for other users.
Here are some general guidelines for things that are not permitted in chat.
- Do not impersonate KIXEYE employees, or claim to be a moderator, admin, etc.
- Do not impersonate other players.
- Do not attempt to evade the filter by creatively spelling prohibited words.
- Do not post links to websites that host hacks or cheats (including YouTube).
- Do not claim you are hacking or cheating, even if you are not.
- Do not accuse others of hacking/cheating. If you suspect someone, report them.
- Do not post personal information, either your own or someone else's.
- Do not threaten others with personal harm or discuss illegal activities.
Aggressive and even "salty" language is acceptable. However, it is never appropriate to insult others by referring to sexuality, religion, race, age, or any other personal characteristics. Doing this, or breaking any of the above guidelines, may result in a temporary or permanent ban from chat, or a ban from the game, depending on the circumstances.
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
For reporting chat abuse, we require all our players to use the following procedure. You MUST use this process for us to investigate.
- Mouse over the user's name in chat, and click on the "ignore" icon that appears. This is a mandatory step as this logs the incident in our records and allows us to see when someone has been ignored by many people. If you do not do this then we will not be able to properly investigate the incident.
- Copy down the person's user ID, which will appear in a popup window when you Ignore the person. Alternately, you may take a screenshot of this popup.
- Take a screenshot of the offending chat that occurred before you ignored the person.
- Note the time and date when the incident occurred.
- Visit https://helpcenter.kixeye.com/hc/en-us and select the game, then “Report a Player”. Be sure to attach any relevant images or text files.
- DO NOT "unignore" the person to taunt them, or to check and see if they've been suspended, or for any other reason. They must remain ignored for the incident to be investigated properly.
WHAT WE WILL DO
When someone is reported for chat abuse, we review the incident, and if necessary they will be suspended from chat - either temporarily or permanently, as the situation warrants. Users suspended a second time are automatically suspended permanently.
For privacy reasons we are unable to tell you the outcome of our investigations. After all, you wouldn't want your name in an abuse report, so we keep the results of the investigation private. However, you won't have to worry about that person any more anyway, because you'll already have them on Ignore.
We ask that you please DO NOT report these issues on the forums, or send PMs or emails to any other address; by directing all chat abuse reports through one dedicated channel, we will be better able to respond to these issues. In order to make this process more efficient and focused, we will be closing all threads that discuss chat abuse reports, and will direct the posters to this FAQ.
Thank you for your help.
KIXEYE Senior Moderator
Playing since 9/30/11
Helpful Links: Site Rules / Report a Player / ToS / Ticket Status /
Have a problem? KIXEYE Customer Service