What is the best way to rank up cyclones?

Liwei Li
Liwei Li
Skilled Warrior
Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 418
I just got mine this event and need some tips.
  • TheKillerofWar
    TheKillerofWar
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 124
    SS 40 or and 35 resources
  • EXPERT_BEST_OF_THEM
    EXPERT_BEST_OF_THEM
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 367

hh45 how many did you get?

• EXPERT_BEST_OF_THEM
    EXPERT_BEST_OF_THEM
    Skilled Warrior

if you got 3 then you shouldn't take any damage and if any will be instant repair the as guns have to be hit from cloaked or they will shoot you

• Ceessie
    Ceessie
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 211
    What I do is run an attack on Giant Thor's with my titans and one Cyclone which needs upgrading.
  • Gudari43
    Gudari43
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 1,087
    Here's a clip on the various ways to rank up your cyclones

• Farmer x_ACHILLES_x
    Farmer x_ACHILLES_x
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 1,751
    covehomer said:
    Send 1 per SS40.  Before you get to Level 10, you'll take nominal damage - like 10 minutes or less but will upgrade  fast.  Suggest you put 1 in each of your air platoons (normal and helipads) - that way you can leverage instant repair on both separately.  You'll level them up very quickly.  

Important note - Once level 10 - they are max range, so they will take less damage.

This works well
    Turning my swords into plowshares

Helpful link on dealing with change:

• Samurai Pizza Cat
    Samurai Pizza Cat
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 687
    I leave them with titan in ruby mode in the lvl35 thor bases.

• ALFA-GAZ
    ALFA-GAZ
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 2,612
    SS40 are best till level 10 and then HH45 once they level 10
    WC Level 43

• Optomistic
    Optomistic
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 178
    I just got cyclones myself.  I have 1 made and 2 building.  Is the max 3? I see that its still showing up as a prize and i dont want to lose the XP trying to get it.
  • JNewbie
    JNewbie
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,555
    I suggest u do ss40 kill drone silo then spread out cyclone uniformly and hit fire at will and leave this also works for new air released this event
  • JNewbie
    JNewbie
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,555
    hh 45 are ok but fire at will will keep cyclones from getting to close to blitz but u need banshee drones are titan drones to reaper from drone silo in hh45
  • Moayd
    Moayd
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 1,171
    I just got cyclones myself.  I have 1 made and 2 building.  Is the max 3? I see that its still showing up as a prize and i dont want to lose the XP trying to get it.
    24 is max
  • Sirenity
    Sirenity
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 751
    I was told 12 max will fit in a helipad toon. Is this true?
  • Farmer x_ACHILLES_x
    Farmer x_ACHILLES_x
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 1,751
    edited 21 Dec 2015, 1:55AM
    Sirenity said:
    I was told 12 max will fit in a helipad toon. Is this true?
    Yes,but you can also have 12 in your regular air
    Turning my swords into plowshares

Helpful link on dealing with change:

• NieR01
    NieR01
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 4,250

Only for customizations when that becomes available should one have use for more than 12

Image result for nier replicant

• Ian Byers
    Ian Byers
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 99
    Liwei Li said:
    I just got mine this event and need some tips.
    Thorium Deposits are great for VXP. Large won't give too much damage and you can pick off Giants after lvl 10 with minor damage.  If you have a Titan that is maxed out, then have one or two trail it with Ruby on for any attack.  With a bit of skill and practice I was able to get one to lvl 20 in about two days.  
  • EXPERT_BEST_OF_THEM
    EXPERT_BEST_OF_THEM
    Skilled Warrior

if I new how to make a vid on cyclones on a hh45 I'd show you'd all that you take instant repair from them useing 3 cyclones cyclone at 550 ramge out ranges the blitz in there only gun that can shoot you is aa but shooting from cloaked kills it before it gets a shot most of the damage you take comes from last stand and men from the towers

• Kelly Slabaugh
    Kelly Slabaugh
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 501
    I use just 1 and do HH45's. It takes only 4 to 5 of the HH45 to get to rank 10. Worth waiting for them to heal in between HH45's

• TroyW
    TroyW
    WC Mod
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 3,746
    edited 21 Dec 2015, 1:18PM
    When I look to upgrade my CYCLONES I look for a few things 

• A base where they will likely not take damage.
    I found that the two best bases to do are the SS40's and HH45's.
    • The SS40's have like 25 Level 4 DP's all with 120,000 health plus 2 Lv 6 Strongholds & 2 Lv 6 Towers with 150,000 & 80,000 health respectively, plus a lot more.  And the best part is there is nothing in the base that can touch the CYCLONES.  
      • The drawback is you get very little in  resources and virtually no Thorium.
      • See this wiki page for the current layouts of the SS-40's ----> SICKLE SYNDICATE - LEVEL 40 BASE 
    • The HH45's also have a lot of Level 6 DP's each having 192,000 health and other things that make a good vXP total. The good here is that while you are grinding your cyclones you make pretty good Resources, 200,000 Thorium and 200 Metals each base you do.
      • The Drawback the AA Plasma's can hit your Cyclones ( no matter their rank ) so unless you are using enough Cyclones at once to sneak up on them and destroy them in 1 shot they will damage your Cyclones. 
      • See this wiki page for the current layouts of the HH-45's ----> BOSS BASE
    So if you are grinding enough Cyclones - HH-45's, If your doing 1or 2 or more but at low ranks then I would do the SS-45's.

ALL OTHER ROUGES are to spread out with low level and few DP's in them.. so if your looking to grind then I would not do these.....

WAR COMMANDER WIKIA

Lead Administrator

• TroyW
    TroyW
    WC Mod
    JNewbie said:
    hh 45 are ok but fire at will will keep cyclones from getting to close to blitz but u need banshee drones are titan drones to reaper from drone silo in hh45
    All Blitz's in the HH-45's are LEVEL 4 which any Rank of Cyclone WILL BE ABLE TO OUTRANGE! 

However the AA Plasma's found in HH-45's are Level 7 which NO LEVEL of Cyclone can outrange!

So to destroy the AA Plasma's you need to have enough firepower in your cyclones to destroy them in 1 shot or you mush fire on a different target right in front of it that will splash destroy the AA Plasma's.  

Some layouts this second option is not that easy because the AA Plasma's are isolated with not good target to shoot for the splash...

See this wiki page for the current layouts of the HH-45's to find the ones that have more ideal AA Plasma locations ----> BOSS BASE

WAR COMMANDER WIKIA

Lead Administrator

• Destroyer96376
    Destroyer96376
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 122

@TroyW said:
    When I look to upgrade my CYCLONES I look for a few things  * The most and highest level of Defensive Platforms in one base

I found that the two best bases to do are the SS40's and HH45's. * The SS40's have like 25 Level 4 DP's all with 120,000 health plus 2 Lv 6 Strongholds & 2 Lv 6 Towers with 150,000 & 80,000 health respectively, plus a lot more.  And the best part is there is nothing in the base that can touch the CYCLONES.  

• See this wiki page for the current layouts of the SS-40's ----> SICKLE SYNDICATE - LEVEL 40 BASE 

• The HH45's also have a lot of Level 6 DP's each having 192,000 health and other things that make a good vXP total. The good here is that while you are grinding your cyclones you make pretty good Resources, 200,000 Thorium and 200 Metals each base you do.

• The Drawback the AA Plasma's can hit your Cyclones ( no matter their rank ) so unless you are using enough Cyclones at once to sneak up on them and destroy them in 1 shot they will damage your Cyclones. 

So if you are grinding enough Cyclones - HH-45's, If your doing 1or 2 or more but at low ranks then I would do the SS-45's.

ALL OTHER ROUGES are to spread out with low level and few DP's in them.. so if your looking to grind then I would not do these.....

You can use them to on 35 bases for oil en metal with an ops that not preduce last defenders. ;)

• TroyW
    TroyW
    WC Mod

@TroyW said:
    When I look to upgrade my CYCLONES I look for a few things  * The most and highest level of Defensive Platforms in one base

I found that the two best bases to do are the SS40's and HH45's. * The SS40's have like 25 Level 4 DP's all with 120,000 health plus 2 Lv 6 Strongholds & 2 Lv 6 Towers with 150,000 & 80,000 health respectively, plus a lot more.  And the best part is there is nothing in the base that can touch the CYCLONES.  

You can use them to on 35 bases for oil en metal with an ops that not preduce last defenders. ;)

OH of course you can.. if you want Resources then yes... but you will not make very much vXP on the 35's.  So if your looking to grind as a primary goal then the others are much better.  

WAR COMMANDER WIKIA

Lead Administrator

• thunder1143
    thunder1143
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 612
    TroyW said:
    JNewbie said:
    All Blitz's in the HH-45's are LEVEL 4 which any Rank of Cyclone WILL BE ABLE TO OUTRANGE! 

However the AA Plasma's found in HH-45's are Level 7 which NO LEVEL of Cyclone can outrange!

So to destroy the AA Plasma's you need to have enough firepower in your cyclones to destroy them in 1 shot or you mush fire on a different target right in front of it that will splash destroy the AA Plasma's.  

Some layouts this second option is not that easy because the AA Plasma's are isolated with not good target to shoot for the splash...

See this wiki page for the current layouts of the HH-45's to find the ones that have more ideal AA Plasma locations ----> BOSS BASE
    You could use a Titan to protect the Cyclones in HH45s-send it so that the drones are in plasma's range to distract it, then send in the Cyclone(s) for the kill.  
    Waiting for the game to load.
  • max1e
    max1e
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 2,329
    i just chucked my 8 in 1 toon and hit ss40s, when 1 reached 20 i took it out and carried on.. would of been very quick but it took a while finding 40s hehe :)

FIND EVERYTHING YOU NEED AT

STATS, INFORMATION, WC HISTORY & MORE ...
  • Andy Kroll
    Andy Kroll
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 85
    I just did an SS40 with 1 Cyclone, but I didn't get any VXP?? did I do something wrong??

• Andy Kroll
    Andy Kroll
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 85
    Now I did an HH45 with 1 ETitan and 1 Cyclone and still got no VXP??

Using the drones from the Titan as cover works great BTW!!

• Charles6744
    Charles6744
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 1,384
      I used Thorium bases to rank up my Cyclones.  I sent them in with my ETitan to help take care of the aerial units.
  • honeydodo
    honeydodo
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 190
    HH45 - spread 4, rubi on, minimal repairs if they are lvl10+ with 550 range, you will need repairs after 10 bases or more but you also get 200 mill oil+metal, 2mill Thorium, 2000 medals (bonus not included) and the HH45 missions being done. If you put Cyclones on [F] the drones from the silos will put a good damage on them, Rubi is better so the Cyclones will destroy the Silos.

SS40 - less vxp, less to no damage taken, but you don't get much in return - small amounts of resources, no Thorium, no medals. Still ok if you want to finish the SS40 missions with your Cyclones on Rubi. 

• WHITEKNIGHT-01
    WHITEKNIGHT-01
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 881
    dont bother kixeye will only make a new air to make cyclones obsolete again like they do every other air unit instead of trying to add weapons or tech to the one we have already...
    they want to see comments on strategy well how can we find these unless given time to use these units and test them in the field more...
    we cant because they not thinking baout the game properly and the experience players have, especially for the casual gamer, not everyone sits behind a desk and plays the game for 8 hours...
    if they spread out the events more and make things upgrade longer then players may coin more...
    they going to lose players by the thousands if they dont listen to what we the players say and think....