kix isn't about creating a great scalable game any more.
All it's new content is for the spending whales that pay their bills.
It's been heading this way since they took the Zynga execs on (about two/three years ago) just when they introduced uav's, impulse launcher and the weekly forsaken mission. Oh and uranium.
You can kindof notice that alot of the issues around today stemmed from those power game elements. And now a monthly raid is only achievable if you spend about £50-£100 a month. As you have to coin build the ships, then you have to coin repair during the raid.
I remember when i could get a good prize in a monthly raid spending about 100 coin and using skill, but by the looks of how they're piling money sucking elements into the game. I'm close to out the door.
Not the first time i've said this. But i cant see the point in putting money into something that will eventually dwindle and fail.
They really need to sort many of the issues.
1) A player level thats reflective of tech buildings and ships. As i can't see why a level 50 who's coined loads of ships should be lower than a level 70 whom hasn't coined so has no where near the best equipment.
2) A game is about skill.... SKILL, not money!
3) pay to play or pay to assist is a derogatory term in the hard core gaming community. Essentially it's buying a cheat code.
4) In app currency games create social problems.
5) If you don't have money you shouldn't play a game with an in app currency. As you're essentially fodder. Or second class. A new class structure brought to you by the business moguls at the top of kix.
6) BP, vega and WC should be classed as games with gambling elements. The ability to coin build a ship, is essentially 'gambling' that your particular loadout build will work.... The odds are if you put those weapons on that ship.... However it's only gambling when you coin build the ship! When the kix lawyers wake up to this they may have a big thing on their hand.
7) how long can they keep convoluting the game? I've been waiting for a piece of tech to come back around, but by the time it does, the ships i have fully built with a space to put the tech on will likely be dropped down to tier 1 on the FM.
Which begs the question...
8) If they're going to keep discounting stuff. Why buy it when it firsts comes out at the ludicrus price (if you can coin enough to get it), because it'll be back around in a year (mostly), then a year after that it'll be in the forsaken at an uber low tier with dramatically reduced build times.
9)if the game lasts that long. Personally i think it will, but only because they're attracting lots of little players, however their business model still panders to the top spending whales, i can't see why most new players would want to continue playing a game when they're four years behind.
Which leads us to the crux...
10) Generating new content every month is great for hardcore players, but most hardcore gamers have probably already left, i've played a plethera of online games that have failed. The funniest is was backyard monsters. Allowing a few coiners to band together in an alliance spells trouble for a game. As when people become farms, they just stop playing. An issue BP is facing over and over again. They can't really open a second server, they also can't really reset the server. Because their business model is pandering to the top spenders. So all they can do is try and stem the exodus of players, as with less players their top spenders will spend less.
So no offence, but kix is taking the long walk into the cursed earth. They can't change but they can't continue.
It's only a game if it's free. If you pay it's a hobby and it's a gamble!
In real life if you throw money at a game (mid game) it's called bribery and it's classed as cheating!
Interesting how a lot of 'computer games' companies have built their company (business model) around cheating!
We live for the one we die for the one!
<picture> <img src="http://cdn100.iofferphoto.com/img/item/170/955/786/wYBj.jpg
" > </ picture>