[ Update: Part 2 RELEASED ] Base defence: How to set up

Carride
Carride
Force to be Reckoned With
Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 1,636
edited 12 Oct 2015, 1:20AM
Part 1: Advance through low levels, UPDATE: Added info: Shadow OPS : ways to Do!

Most of us are now thinking that the attack forces are too tough to counter. This is not the case, at reality, though. A base with good defences can defend yourself through Advanced platoons from low players, except Hackers, of course, or spam.

Basically, in the start of the game, you will receive a MG. Remember, the MG is useless, when got to 20, but a bunch of Level 5 MGs are good for you in event, grinding Tier C, and advance to get the Napalm Turret. 
The napalm turret is the centre of your start of advanced defences. Normally, you should be a 25 or more to get Napalm, and with the Low event Xp cost, it is interestingly effective, but not at level 1. Normal players, at the time of equipping a Napalm, is 27-8, and the core has just started.
Now, you get two path to strengthen your defences: Upgrade walls or upgrade Turrets. But, before doing all these, I would Strongly suggest you to upgrade your Command Center to level 6 first, and The defence lab to 10. It is important to do so.

When you basically got to that level, you must be at least a 30. Well, typically, your defences are now a mix of Napalm, MG and Mortar, if you love Mortar.

Here's the intersting point: You shall directly upgrade your oil, metal, and thorium, massively until Level 32.
Here's my suggestion at
Level 25:
Command Center 4/5
Tech Center 7/8
Defence Lab 7/8
Academy:7/8
At least 10 DF Platforms built
Bunkers : LV2/3 *3, and have a mix of Watchtowers and The armed Bunker. You will be handy when defending a 20-24 at that time, at some cases, a 28
Hovertank/Elite Unlocked at that time through Shadow, which you may ask for help, or grind level 10s

Level 26:
Command Center: 5
Tech Center: 9
Defence Lab: 9
Academy: 8
At this Academy level, you can start owning SFs

Level 27 through 30
Command Center: 5  -> 6
Tech Center:9
Defence Lab:9 ->10, 
Academy:8

At level 30, you should have:

Command Center: Level 6
Tech Center:10
Defence Lab: 10, Napalm Unlocked, Level 5, AA Plasma Unlocked
Academy: 8
With some SF, Napalm level 5/6

At level 30, you should be able to fend off some aggressors, if you have Hovertanks unlocked, and placed in a base , normally.

Part 2 planning.
YOU WILL NEVER GET ME!
What makes you doubt life comes when you feel you will never doubt your life again.
  • Carride
    Carride
    edited 12 Oct 2015, 6:28AM
    Part 2: Grinding your superiority in defence

Superiority in defence shall start at 32. When others are only having some Level 1 Platforms, you should already have some level 3 or 4 Platforms, at 31.

Note: you should have:
    Level 10 Defence Lab
    Level 6 Command Center
    Level 10 Tech Center
    Level 6 Napalm Turret
    At 32, you should have already have the Level 7 Command Center Build-able. Then, at that time, upgrade to Level 7 and then directly start your 16-day-level-8-command-center upgrade, if you want, when you have more than 80mil oil and metal storage, and some 4mil Thorium Vault
    In the 16 days, your storage should let you research Level 7 Napalm Turret.
    Upgrade walls also. Make the walls surround your turrets. Fir the Walls, you should have at least level 6/7 in order to defend your base will walls better.
    After the lengthy 16 day upgrade, it is time for the even more lengthy 22 day upgrade. Basically, this is the Longest upgrade ever appeared in WC :p haha, but this is important for you, as this upgrade let you have access to Storm and Flood. These two turrets are the key to further defence.

Now, you should have:
    Level 11 Defence Lab
    Level 8 Command Center
    Level 10 Tech Center
    At least Plants should have an output of 32000 at your base

Now, the tricky point comes: Flood or Storm?
    If your enemies attack you from air, I would suggest Storm, otherwise, Flood. All those SF are noisy.
    But when to start equip?

My suggestion: At least you should upgrade flood/storm to at least level 5 before equipping. It is useless under that level.

Now, after all those things, your base should fend off some notorious attacks.
    At least, a normal player with the guidelines should be okay to their defence.

Note: Part 2 unfinished. There will still be some minor updates to the Part 2
    YOU WILL NEVER GET ME!
    What makes you doubt life comes when you feel you will never doubt your life again.
  • Carride
    Carride
    Reserved for Part 3
    YOU WILL NEVER GET ME!
  • Hyperius
    Hyperius
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 11,945
    Very much like the guide! Would it be okay if I moved it to Player Guides?

KIXEYE Senior Moderator

Playing since 9/30/11

Helpful Links:  Site Rules / Report a Player / ToS / Ticket Status /

Have a problem? KIXEYE Customer Service

• Carride
    Carride
    Hyperius said:
    Very much like the guide! Would it be okay if I moved it to Player Guides?
    I think so.
    Basically, this lies between Strategy and Guides.
    YOU WILL NEVER GET ME!