Compressed Magazine or Bandolier ?

• WrongThinker
    WrongThinker
    BP Game Team
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,699
    Epic ******* post, MX.  Great job!  I did update the "Hidden Stats" thread to include the Warhorse splash area (you are correct, it is 20) and Jackal info.
    Lead Designer - Battle Pirates
    KIXEYE
  • K Sai Ram
    K Sai Ram
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 356
    WrongThinker
    could you take a look at the calculations of mine and MX and clarify which is correct or if both are worng and how are they calculated ??
    Game Name:  _SAIRAM_    Lvl : 46
  • K Sai Ram
    K Sai Ram
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 356
    edited 8 Oct 2015, 5:58AM
    MX36 said:
    Take Aim + Heavy Ordinance + Compressed Magazine = 9797.335548 DPS
    Heavy Ordinance + Compressed Magazine = 9804.2139 DPS

we have the same calculations, but i think the reload speed bonus is calculated in a different way!
    already asked about this in another thread  waiting for replies from [WrongThinker] or CMs.
    yes we need to get confirmed how they do it to get the right and accurate number of the techs :smiley: 

and also WrongThinker told that in the first second of firing the unit would fire double times than shown in the hidden status thread . means a war horse fires its first bullet a 0 second and reloads and another bullet at 1 sec so this also should be taken in consideration when calucalting the damge(or) reload from Techs of SF ???
    Game Name:  _SAIRAM_    Lvl : 46
  • DOUBLE DOG
    DOUBLE DOG
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 4,422
    kratones said:
    does compressed mag was last chance in last event? and anyone know if high density plates nullifies the 10% + damage taken from cmpressed magazine?
    You can get the comp mag in the current shadow ops tier 3 prizes,not sure how long this will be around.
    What has happened to this once great game.
  • kratones
    kratones
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 112
    ROB_S143 said:
    kratones said:
    does compressed mag was last chance in last event? and anyone know if high density plates nullifies the 10% + damage taken from cmpressed magazine?
    You can get the comp mag in the current shadow ops tier 3 prizes,not sure how long this will be around.
    i know, wasnt last chance last event and its possible to replicate so its cool, still wanted to know HDP can nullifies CM drawback
  • Daniel Holmes
    Daniel Holmes
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 6,285
    Something else we could really use additional clarification on is how EXACTLY Kara's Blood Lust capability works.

I think we can all agree that Compressed Mag and Heavy Ord are the 2 single best Utilities for her...with the #3 and #4 best likely being M4GX grenade launcher and Take Aim, respectively...

HOWEVER...

We currently have no way of quantifying EXACTLY just how effective M4GX is when compared to Take Aim...

If Kara's Bloodlust ability ramps up off of EACH and EVERY SINGLE INDIVIDUAL LAST STAND DEFENDER...then it sure would seem as though M4GX would be the vastly superior option...but if that is NOT the case...then several variables pop up...
    • Does each Building's Last Stand Defenders count as "1" (Or whatever amount towards her BL)
      • (If the above is true...would it be better to put Take Aim on Kara and just put M4GX on another member in her platoon)
    • How many "Blood Lusted Kills" would it take to have M4GX be better than Take Aim? (If BL counts all LSD separate?)

Sorry about whenever I talk in all Caps. I am not yelling at you. It's just a thing me and my guys do on WC, Got to get the natives stirred up somehow in this Turtle Commander game we all play now, and usually playing the game alone doesn't do it.
  • Moayd
    Moayd
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 1,171
    edited 8 Oct 2015, 7:54PM
    Something else we could really use additional clarification on is how EXACTLY Kara's Blood Lust capability works.

I think we can all agree that Compressed Mag and Heavy Ord are the 2 single best Utilities for her...with the #3 and #4 best likely being M4GX grenade launcher and Take Aim, respectively...

HOWEVER...

We currently have no way of quantifying EXACTLY just how effective M4GX is when compared to Take Aim...

If Kara's Bloodlust ability ramps up off of EACH and EVERY SINGLE INDIVIDUAL LAST STAND DEFENDER...then it sure would seem as though M4GX would be the vastly superior option...but if that is NOT the case...then several variables pop up...
    • Does each Building's Last Stand Defenders count as "1" (Or whatever amount towards her BL)
      • (If the above is true...would it be better to put Take Aim on Kara and just put M4GX on another member in her platoon)
    • How many "Blood Lusted Kills" would it take to have M4GX be better than Take Aim? (If BL counts all LSD separate?)

wrong thinker already answered part of your question 

"
    Any time Kara or a Member of her SF Team kills any enemy unit, she gains a 10% bonus to Damage and a 5% increase to Reload Speed, up to a maximum of 200% bonus Damage (after 20 kills) and 50% increased Reload Speed (at 10 kills, thus reducing her reload time to 1 second when maxed)."

https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/573845/p1

• Daniel Holmes
    Daniel Holmes
    Unicorn Overlord
    Moayd said:

HOWEVER...

"
    Any time Kara or a Member of her SF Team kills any enemy unit, she gains a 10% bonus to Damage and a 5% increase to Reload Speed, up to a maximum of 200% bonus Damage (after 20 kills) and 50% increased Reload Speed (at 10 kills, thus reducing her reload time to 1 second when maxed)."

Thank you very much for the quote and the link. That is greatly appreciated information. Thanks a million.

(It gets FAR too tricky to stay checking multiple threads multiple times over for updated information that wasn't initially there at the time of the first posting. Lol)

=====

So with THAT "New" (new to me anyways lol) Information...that would lead me to think that it would be better to have the M4GX on a DIFFERENT SF unit, and put Take Aim on Kara herself, to increase her damage EVEN more. (Since BL caps at 20 Kills anyways, and I often times feel I get more then 20 'kills')

With this information, it would lead me to believe that ALL LSD from the same Building are all counted as one kill towards that 20 kill count.
    (Otherwise, you would be maxed after killing a Power plant, which in my previous experiences doesn't seem to be the case.)

So I guess the only other questions I have would be, what all counts as "One kill" towards that 20 Kill count?
    • Each Building?
    • Each Buildings Set of LSD?
    • Each Turret?
    • Each Unit?
    • Do downed Bunkers/Watchtowers count as "Multiple Units" coming out, or do they get treated as "One" like LSD appear to be?

Sorry about whenever I talk in all Caps. I am not yelling at you. It's just a thing me and my guys do on WC, Got to get the natives stirred up somehow in this Turtle Commander game we all play now, and usually playing the game alone doesn't do it.
  • Daniel Holmes
    Daniel Holmes
    Unicorn Overlord
    THIS POST NEEDS TO BE PINNED!
  • Moayd
    Moayd
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 1,171
    Moayd said:

HOWEVER...

"

Thank you very much for the quote and the link. That is greatly appreciated information. Thanks a million.

(It gets FAR too tricky to stay checking multiple threads multiple times over for updated information that wasn't initially there at the time of the first posting. Lol)

=====

So with THAT "New" (new to me anyways lol) Information...that would lead me to think that it would be better to have the M4GX on a DIFFERENT SF unit, and put Take Aim on Kara herself, to increase her damage EVEN more. (Since BL caps at 20 Kills anyways, and I often times feel I get more then 20 'kills')

With this information, it would lead me to believe that ALL LSD from the same Building are all counted as one kill towards that 20 kill count.
    (Otherwise, you would be maxed after killing a Power plant, which in my previous experiences doesn't seem to be the case.)

So I guess the only other questions I have would be, what all counts as "One kill" towards that 20 Kill count?
    • Each Building?
    • Each Turret?
    • Each Unit?
    • Do downed Bunkers/Watchtowers count as "Multiple Units" coming out, or do they get treated as "One" like LSD appear to be?

yea, it is not so clear if LSD count or not 

I will say each unit count as 1. i noticed that when i kill javelin  in 75s 

• meemadd
    meemadd
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 1,227
    think i read lsd's dont count towards vxp,but thats not what were talking about lol,im wondering if destroying barricades counts towards Kara's bloodlust

• RVD2142
    RVD2142
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 53
    Thanks for this Calculation ..........  :)
  • Daniel Holmes
    Daniel Holmes
    Unicorn Overlord
    WHY HASN'T THIS BEEN STICKIED YET DAMIT!?!?

Gets REALLY Tiring having to search for this thread every other day or so just because I forget stuff on a regular basis.
  • cxxcxx
    cxxcxx
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 636
    edited 21 Oct 2015, 4:03PM
    Commenting to save~
    Farmfest.
  • Jeff_M386
    Jeff_M386
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 529
    if you want to bookmark it just click the star to follow. :)

• cxxcxx
    cxxcxx
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 636
    Jeff_M386 said:
    if you want to bookmark it just click the star to follow. :)

Oh i totally forgot about that, thnx
    Farmfest.
  • xX_ACHILLES_Xx
    xX_ACHILLES_Xx
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 1,315
    I have a question for the OP. How do other components affect this math? For example High impact ordinance adds 12% damage at max level and Heavy Ordinance adds 30% /-15% movement at max level.

Just curious how these would affect the math.

100 10 due to layoffs, stoned monkeys have to get it figured out
    eventually, RIGHT?

weed animated GIF
  • Daniel Holmes
    Daniel Holmes
    Unicorn Overlord
    MX36 said:
    *SNIP*
    A BUNCH OF AMAZINGLY HELPFUL INFO
    *SNIP*
    NEW COMPONENTS BUDDY!

Wanna tell us how Press the Attack (Leader ONLY Tactic / +15% TEAM damage) and Storm the Front (10-60% additional damage based on distance to target) will help out in these popular builds with all the popular units?

I personally think Storm the Front won't be too helpful for most builds...about the same as Take aim most of the time...since SF won't be getting too close it will likely be closer to the 10% of that 60% additional damage amount...but considering Take Aim reduces Reload Speed by 20%...it might be actually AT LEAST a better option for Kara since its some damage in that slot and grants no Reload reduction to her.

The Press the attack, +15% damage to the team...seems like it would be great on pretty much every load out, and might even be worth switching out of Lead the Charge and the 20% damage reduction to kara (which counters compressed mag's negatives well)...just because all these damage bonuses are stacking...and 200% more damage from bloodlust on all the additional damage increases from these 2 new components...

Might make Kara's best build be: Press the Attack...with Comp Mag, Heavy Ord, and Storm the Front.  

What ya think MX36? :)

• mathewsiga
    mathewsiga
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 496
    Dude if you have some spare time can you add heavy ordinance chart too please. it has 30% damage and great
    can u do chart for the combo
    1     take aim + heavy ordinance + compressed magazine
    2     take aim + heavy ordinance + bandolier

please.......
    Some of the useful links

Compressed Magazine or Bandolier ? by MX36 https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/579636/p1
    Special Units Schematics: Favorite Builds by MX36 https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/588379/p1
  • MX36
    MX36
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 3,204
    Thank you for these excellent points & thought provoking questions! 
    M4GX has many benefits: 
    - Insta-kill LSDs with AOE damage.
    - The weapon itself has extra range ( +25 maybe?).
    - Can trigger enemy units under normal stance.
    but it adds a fixed amount of ( 2133) to DPS compared to the % from other components. still prefer [Caution Order] or [Take Aim] over M4GX.

i would do that too!  using her alone most of the time, sometimes with a slave infiltrator behind her equipped with Charged Ord. + M4GX.
    P Sherman, 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney.
  • MX36
    MX36
    Unicorn Overlord
    Moayd said:
    "

Each kill must give her a bonus of 10%  Reload Speed cap at 10 kills.
    or a 5% bonus cap at 20 kills. in order to reach the Reload Time of 1 second.

• Each Building?
    • Each Turret?
    • Each Unit?
    i believe LSDs don't count toward her BL ability. an if they do count they would be as a 1 kill. Not sure!
    Bunkered units should be separate targets, example: a fireteam of SF inside a bunker. 

i have planned a test to find out exactly how her ability works & what counts toward boosting it. still waiting my friends to finish their war to test that.

I have a question for the OP. How do other components affect this math? For example High impact ordinance adds 12% damage at max level and Heavy Ordinance adds 30% /-15% movement at max level.

Just curious how these would affect the math.
    These Direct Damage components will positively affect the math for sure. i did't add them to the charts because i wanted to isolate the effect of the other components that affect the DPS indirectly.  will be adding them later.
  • MX36
    MX36
    Unicorn Overlord
    Might make Kara's best build be: Press the Attack...with Comp Mag, Heavy Ord, and Storm the Front.  
    Storm the front will be most effective against melee units like Zombies, Scorpions, etc... 
    kixeye released it as a counter to the [Toxic Offender] and maybe the NightOwl too!. and it would have helped us big time during the Halloween event if it was released back then.

However, I'm still not quite sure about how this range:damage ratio is calculated! do we get a 10%  at Full Range or does it start at zero?! 
    if it starts at 10% and go up to 60%,  then this "might" be how it's calculated:

for example:
    - If we have a maxed Kara with a 550 range and a Scorpion charging at her from far away.
    - In order to calculate the bonus relative to her position, Kara has to be stationary (she acts like a Microwave Turret).  
    - Full Range = Kara's range.
    - Current Target's Distance = how far from Kara the Scorpion is at this moment.

if this is close to how it's calculated, then this component would be the best among the 3. (it also has no drawbacks !)

+
    you're right, [Press the attack] component would be great on any leader. working on getting the same build for her too.

♦ Press the Attack
    ♦ Compressed Magazine
    ♦ Storm The Front
    ♦ Heavy Ordnance

• mathewsiga
    mathewsiga
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 496
    MX36 said:
    Dude if you have some spare time can you add heavy ordinance chart too please. it has 30% damage and great
    can u do chart for the combo
    1     take aim + heavy ordinance + compressed magazine
    2     take aim + heavy ordinance + bandolier

please.......
    How about all of them! ;)

Note that:
    Bonus damage stacks additively.
    ♦ Command slot bonuses don't apply to the units with yellow bars. ( Jackal, Sarkis, etc...)
    ♦ Units with blue bars are affected by the bonuses from the Command slot, they are either a leader\Hero unit or members influenced by their leader's bonus.
    ♦ Reaching the maximum DPS is NOT always the best thing, Weight the benefits against the drawbacks before choosing a design.

Combination #1
    Caution Order + Compressed Magazine + Heavy Ordnance + Press The Attack

- works great on all units especially marxmen as long as you keep them above 50% health, but be careful if your units' health drop below 50% they take 25% more damage.
    - Caution Order increases the space capacity of your units by 6%.

Combination #2
    Take Aim + Compressed Magazine + Heavy Ordnance + Press The Attack

Still a good combination for boosting the DPS of most units. lower % than #1 but your units suffer less damage when under 50% health.

Combination #3
    Caution Order + Bandolier + Heavy Ordnance + Press The Attack

Nightmares, Jackals, and Infiltrators took the most advantage from this build. higher DPS at the cost of 25% reduced movement speed!
    and more damage when under 50% health, be careful! 
    you better change the loadout to [Impact Ord] or any other component.

Combination #4
    Take Aim + Bandolier + Heavy Ordnance + Press The Attack

More benefits for the Nightmare, Jackals, and Infiltrators. as this will not increase the damage taken when under 50% health.or the extra 6% space.
    you still suffer from 25% slower movement speed. you better change the loadout to [Impact Ord] or any other component.

Combination #5
    Storm The Front + Compressed Magazine + Heavy Ordnance + Press The Attack

Showing the normal (minimum) DPS increase when [Storm The Front] bonus is at 10%. and the maximum damage bonus when at 60%
    This is by far the best combination you can use for your SFs with minimum drawbacks compared to the previous combinations!

Combination #6
    Storm The Front + Bandolier + Heavy Ordnance + Press The Attack

lower DPS% than the previous combinations, but with less drawbacks except for the movement speed reduction of 25% which can be mitigated by switching [Heavy Ordnance] with other loadout components like [Impact Ordnance].
    thanks MX36 i got way more than i asked for, now i can equip units according to my game play
    Some of the useful links

Compressed Magazine or Bandolier ? by MX36 https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/579636/p1
    Special Units Schematics: Favorite Builds by MX36 https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/588379/p1
  • SPARTA G.O.A.T
    SPARTA G.O.A.T
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 106
    I feel Battle Adrenaline is better than Press the Attack for leader command, overall. Am I right? If not, why?
  • Flagfish
    Flagfish
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2014 Posts: 74
    edited 8 Nov 2015, 2:36PM

Im not sure if that formulas work or not but in my type of calculation i got some changes in dps for operators than yours !!!
    here is how i calculate the dps from techs for operator 
    Take Aim + Heavy ordinance + Compressed magazine :
    1., Damge for Single Clip Cycle = ( DPS + Dps changed from techs )* clip size
         = ( 949 + (949 * 54% ) ) * 3
         = ( 949 + 512.46 ) * 3
         =  4384.38
    2., Time taken for firing clip cycle and reload = ( Reload time - changed reload time from techs ) +  ( Clip Shot Time * Clip size )
         = ( 0.35 - ( 0.35 * 15% ) ) + ( 0.05 * 3 )
         = ( 0.35 - 0.0525 ) + ( 0.15 )
         = ( 0.2975 ) + ( 0.15 )
         =  0.4475 seconds

so for every 0.4475 seconds the clips are fired and reload is done . means for every 0.4475 seconds 4384.38 damage is done .
    now we need to calculate how much damge is done in a second  ( DPS )
    DPS ( damge done in a second ) =  (    1/ time taken for firing clips and reload time ) * ( Damge for single clip cycle done )
      =  (  1/0.4475 ) * ( 4384.38 )
      =  (  2.2346 ) * ( 4384.38 )          [ Note: so the total firing a clip cycle and reload time is done 2.2346 times in a second ]
      =   9797.335548 DPS

Heavy Ordinance + Compressed Magazine : 
    1., Damage for Single Clip Cycle = ( 949 + (949 * 30%) ) * 3
         = (949 + 284.7 ) * 3 
         = 1233.7 * 3
         = 3701.1
    2., Time take for firing clip cycle and reload = ( 0.35 - ( 0.35 * 35% ) ) + ( 0.05 * 3 )
         = ( 0.35 - 0.1225 ) + ( 0.15 )
         = ( 0.2275 ) + ( 0.15 )
         =  0.3775 seconds 

in this tech design for every 0.3775 seconds the clips are fired and reload is done . so for every 0.3775 seconds 3701.1 damage is done .
    now we need to calculate how much damge is done in a second for this tech design (DPS )
    DPS ( damage done in a second ) = (  1/0.3775 ) * ( 3701.1 )
                                                       = ( 2.6490 ) * ( 3701.1 )
                                                       =  9804.2139 DPS

Take Aim + Heavy Ordinance + Compressed Magazine = 9797.335548 DPS
    Heavy Ordinance + Compressed Magazine = 9804.2139 DPS

_SAIRAM_ 

I used your calculations and made an Excel Spreadsheet. The way you explained it just makes sense and the numbers seem to come out correctly. Nice job.

Below is a dropbox link to the Excel spreadsheet for anyone who wants it. Most of the common damage modifier mods are included. Let me know if find are any errors.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2r32zu5sufcep35/WC SF DPS Calculator.xls?dl=0

• DCFIREMAN
    DCFIREMAN
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 826
    INCREDIBLE INFORMATION!!! THANK YOU FOR POSTING!!!... RESPECT FROM ONE MATH MAJOR TO ANOTHER!!
  • carllinq
    carllinq
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 5
    Very Helpful

• meemadd
    meemadd
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 1,227
    try not to forget Compressed Magazine takes 10% more damage,so by using Caution Order which takes 12% less damage (above 50% health) it negates the damage taken from comp. mag. and adds 2% less damage on top of that.

• Redsteel120
    Redsteel120
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 19

This is simply an incredible thread and a true benefit to the player base

This thread and Wrong thinkers hidden stats thread should both be moved and PINNED to the strategy section so people will have easy access to them at all times.

This info is way too valuable to be lost over time