Compressed Magazine or Bandolier ?

MX36
MX36
Unicorn Overlord
Joined May 2012 Posts: 3,251
edited 7 Oct 2015, 10:57PM
Damage Per Second [DPS] an average rate of damage inflicted over time.
it's a more accurate and practical measure of damage output than plain damage numbers as it takes into consideration all the relevant factors 
Here i am focusing only on this number (or the change in this number) when equipping different Tech Components. especially the ones affecting Reload Time & Rate of Fire trying to find which unit benefits the most & by how much from each component or a mix of them.

Using the info "Wrong Thinker" added in his thread about hidden stats. i put it all together in one table & added some of the missing data
like the Time of each shot for Marksmen, Sarkis and Warhorses. and clip cycles.

And...

Using the DPS formula: 

Activation time here is the time each shot takes:

The Damage Per Round [DPR] must be multiplied by the number of shots in each clip. and 
the time each shot takes must be multiplied by the number of shots in the clip.

And finally we add the change ( increase\decrease) from each tech component:

Started with [Compressed Magazine] & [Bandolier]  components which affect different parts of the equation.  
While the majority of you have a thorough understanding of these two, we see some players confused by their function & effect on the build.

A very good component with a drawback we can tolerate. heavily shortening the reload time to a 65% of its original value.
at the first glance on the chart below, you'll see it's positively affecting all the special units but the 3 most affected units are the Marksmen - Sarkis - Warwhorse. with a DPS increment over a 30% 

Compressed Magazine

Also don't forget about Kara! this component coupled with her's "Bloodlust" special ability makes her a real huntress & one of the most dangerous threats on the battlefield! 

Grants an increase in Fire Rate on account of extra weight slowing the carrier down by a 15% but since most of the Special Units has a high ROF it seems unnecessary to equip it to them. but lets look at the chart below: 

it's more than obvious that the most affected units by this component are the Nightmares and Infiltrators.
Note that this component adds absolutely NOTHING to the DPS of both Warhorses, Marksmen and Sarkis! 

Infiltrators with low level Charged Ordnance sometimes get shot by their targets e.g. Napalm during the shock process and this happens for 2 reasons: 
♦ Low level Charged Ordnance keeps the target shocked for shorter amount of time.
♦ Infiltrators ROF is low compared to their Reload Speed. their targets might recover for a fraction of a second between shocks.
Using Bandolier with Infiltrators can solve this by making the entire firing cycle take 1.83 instead of 2.35 seconds.

Increases damage output by 24%  but makes the carrier take an extra 20% time reloading between clips. 
The effect on Special Units is shown below: 

Take Aim  Bandolier

And since [Compressed Mag] & [Bandolier] are both in the same slot, while [Take Aim] in another. What about mixing the two together? 

Lets see how this combination affect the DPS : 

Take Aim  Bandolier

How would this combo benefit the DPS : 

Take Aim  Compressed Mag

Credit to Krash-tyme for pointing out the RS stacking.

You certainly must have noticed that Bro J's rates are not included in any of these charts! First we need a confirmation about his DPR & DPS
i think the DPR added in that thread is for a level 1 Bro J. with a DPS of a level 20. ( DPR might be a round 4705)

Also big thanks to Wrong Thinker on that thread of hidden stats! 

Edit: Bro J. DPS increase with each component : 

P Sherman, 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney.
  • Tiago Machado
    Tiago Machado
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 862
    what a wonderful work 
  • kratones
    kratones
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 112
    dang, i was about to upgrade my warhorses with take aim and impact ordinance, and yea warhorse have a little splash but it have
  • Saltiga
    Saltiga
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2014 Posts: 207
    Thank you very much for getting all these data.
  • TacomanWasTaken
    TacomanWasTaken
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 6,397
    Awesome, looks like Take Aim + Comp Mag is  beast. 
    getting called a cheater, if you arent cheating just means you won
    Join our Clan! | Donation Link | Hannibal Boss Base |  Thanksgiving Video!   | Facebook Page | IGN: Tacoman
  • Moayd
    Moayd
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 1,171
    This is an amazing job.

Well done! 

Thanks a lot 
  • TacomanWasTaken
    TacomanWasTaken
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 6,397
    Awesome, looks like Take Aim + Comp Mag is  beast. 
    getting called a cheater, if you arent cheating just means you won
    Join our Clan! | Donation Link | Hannibal Boss Base |  Thanksgiving Video!   | Facebook Page | IGN: Tacoman
  • mathewsiga
    mathewsiga
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 496

Take Aim + Comp Mag + heavy ordinance is what i call beast lol

Some of the useful links

Compressed Magazine or Bandolier ? by MX36 https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/579636/p1
    Special Units Schematics: Favorite Builds by MX36 https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/588379/p1
  • kratones
    kratones
    Minor Nuisance
    does compressed mag was last chance in last event? and anyone know if high density plates nullifies the 10% + damage taken from cmpressed magazine?
  • mathewsiga
    mathewsiga
    Skilled Warrior

It doesn't nullifies the 10%, it only gives you 120 flat damage reduction

Btw not sure about the last chance either

Some of the useful links

Compressed Magazine or Bandolier ? by MX36 https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/579636/p1
    Special Units Schematics: Favorite Builds by MX36 https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/588379/p1
  • kratones
    kratones
    Minor Nuisance

120 flat damage is a shitload stuff, dont take damage from erm, mortars and and much stuff, would be a shame to waste that
    and normal warhorse take damage so easy
  • mathewsiga
    mathewsiga
    Skilled Warrior

@kratones said:
    mathewsiga said:

120 flat damage is a shitload stuff, dont take damage from erm, mortars and and much stuff, would be a shame to waste that

Well im not saying its not useless. What im saying is it gives u 120 reduction but it doesnt compensate for 10% damage taken from other high dps units

Some of the useful links

• Ravindran_S
    Ravindran_S
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2014 Posts: 145
    Nice work 
    Ravindran
  • kratones
    kratones
    Minor Nuisance

@kratones said:
    mathewsiga said:

Well im not saying its not useless. What im saying is it gives u 120 reduction but it doesnt compensate for 10% damage taken from other high dps units

guess i will have to test it then, and congratulations about the chart
  • Bernard Detest
    Bernard Detest
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 569
    Great work, thanks for it !

However I tested Compressed Magazine and have it on a Kara plat (Kara + 4 Marksmen) (Compressed Magazine lvl4) for 2 weeks.
    They were killing instant everything BUT they were dying way too fast.

I removed compressed magazine (and switch 2 marksmen for 2 heavy op - Kara still front) and thing work better.
    Bottom line: I wouldn't advise to use compressed magazine because every scratch the plat got is causing a huge amount of damages.

Bandolier doesn't change your dps of marksmen ?
  • killer99999999
    killer99999999
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 1,770
    i have take aim, heavy ordnance and compressed mag fitted on all my leads and shiela/kara. makes a big difference in damage dished out and dont notice any real difference in damage taken. just working on take aim + compressed mag for normal presevers now,,,
  • Daniel26
    Daniel26
    Master Tactician
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 2,219
    Impressive work.  Unfortunately though the filters in this game still keeps us all like mushrooms growing in the dark.
    [COLOR="#00FF00"]Home Sector: 108
    Level: 42
    Group: Wolves of War (Inactive)  but friends of many.
    Event/Mission Rewards: Not all but way too many to keep track of.
  • agiosvasilis
    agiosvasilis
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 273

Good job man••••!!!!!!!!!! Thk y very much

• Marcobaubaumiciomici
    Marcobaubaumiciomici
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 243
    Brother Jeremiah dislikes this post

good job dude, thanks for posting

• Commodore_Leviticus
    Commodore_Leviticus
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 462
    Amazing chart, have bookmarked for later use! great job OP, someone give that person a sticker
    Your User ID is: 2939780
  • Mike. Roberts
    Mike. Roberts
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 582
    Congratz MX36 You just took WrongThinkers thread to a whole new level of value to the players.

Now we Need WrongThinkers Hidden Stats & your wonderful work Pinned, preferably in the Strategy section & without any comments attached.

Players then have an easy point of reference ( It is a strategy game after all ) & any additions you guys can easily modify there & players can still comment on the 2 threads in General Discussion.
  • Mayukh360
    Mayukh360
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 126

Excellent job mate...

• MX36
    MX36
    Unicorn Overlord
    kratones said:
    dang, i was about to upgrade my warhorses with take aim and impact ordinance, and yea warhorse have a little splash but it have
    You are right! They do have splash. i don't know how much exactly but it might be around 20. (needs an official statement from a CM)

kratones said:
    does compressed mag was last chance in last event? and anyone know if high density plates nullifies the 10% + damage taken from cmpressed magazine?
    Fortunately Compressed Mag. was Not a last chance in the last event.
    ♦ currently available as a Tier 3 shadow ops prize.
    ♦ will be available in the next event prize store.
    ♦ it might be added to the list of components you can replicate.

About the 10%,
    it depends on the amount & type of damage you receive! it works against units that have higher ROF & low DPR, but some units can inflict a very high amount of damage in a single hit that the (-120 reduction) wouldn't help mitigate the damage. 
    The net damage you receive = [ ( Damage * 1.1 ) - 120 ]

Great work, thanks for it !

However I tested Compressed Magazine and have it on a Kara plat (Kara + 4 Marksmen) (Compressed Magazine lvl4) for 2 weeks.
    They were killing instant everything BUT they were dying way too fast.

I removed compressed magazine (and switch 2 marksmen for 2 heavy op - Kara still front) and thing work better.
    Bottom line: I wouldn't advise to use compressed magazine because every scratch the plat got is causing a huge amount of damages.

Bandolier doesn't change your dps of marksmen ?
    Marksmen are very efficient in taking out defenses, but their armor is thinner than paper! most of the repair time to my SF platoons goes to them.
    +
    Bandolier DOES change the DPS of Marksmen. The effect is just too small it's barely visible! ( DPS increase by ~0.2%)
  • MX36
    MX36
    Unicorn Overlord
    Edit: Added Bro J. DPS change with each component.
    note that i still have Not got a confirmation about his DPR @ level 20. but i used (4705) as the value instead of (4000). :/  
  • Mike. Roberts
    Mike. Roberts
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 582
    To save hunting for this thread is there any chance it can be pinned somewhere please ?

• K Sai Ram
    K Sai Ram
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 356
    MX36 Just Did A math And Noticed That
    Than Take Aim + Compressed Mag ,      Heavy Ordinance + Compressed Magazine Do Much Damage. Could You Clarify My Doubt .
    And Also Another Thing is
    Take Aim + Heavy Ordinance + Compressed Magazine = Damage 1= 14,866.592
    Heavy Ordinance + Compressed Magazine = Damage 2 = 14,876.821 
    tell if my both calculations are wrong or right ??
    Game Name:  _SAIRAM_    Lvl : 46
  • MX36
    MX36
    Unicorn Overlord
    Than Take Aim + Compressed Mag ,      Heavy Ordinance + Compressed Magazine Do Much Damage. Could You Clarify My Doubt .

i don't know which unit did you test in your example. but results will be different with each one due to varying DPR & RS.

♦ Heavy Ordnance will always increase your DPS. as it has no drawbacks affecting DPR, ROF or RS.

Take Aim : DPR +24%  RS -20%
    Compressed Mag : RS +35%
    Heavy Ordnance : DPR +30%

♦ As an example, lets test that on an Operator:

Take Aim + Compressed Mag + Heavy Ordnance: 

DPS = [ 949 * 1.24 * 1.3 * 3 ] / [ ( (1/20) * 3 ) + ( 0.35 / ( 1 + 0.35 - 0.20 ) ) ] = 10101

Heavy Ordnance + Compressed Mag : 

DPS = [ 949 * 1.3 * 3 ] / [ ( ( 1/20 ) * 3 ) + ( 0.35 / ( 1 + 0.35 ) ) ] = 9043

clearly the fisrt combo has more positive effect on the DPS than the 2nd one! 
    This result will be different with other units.
  • Moayd
    Moayd
    Incursion Leader
    MX36 said:

i don't know which unit did you test in your example. but results will be different with each one due to varying DPR & RS.

♦ Heavy Ordnance will always increase your DPS. as it has no drawbacks affecting DPR, ROF or RS.

DPS = [ 949 * 1.24 * 1.3 * 3 ] / [ ( (1/20) * 3 ) + ( 0.35 / ( 1 + 0.35 - 0.20 ) ) ] = 10101

without any complicated calculation

compressed magazine  will cancel the decrease in RS in take Aim and u will still gain the 24%  increased in damage 
    35% from compressed - 20% = 15% increase in reload speed 

compressed magazine + Take Aim = 24% increase in damage + 15%  increase in reload speed 
  • K Sai Ram
    K Sai Ram
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 356
    edited 8 Oct 2015, 4:35AM
    MX36 said:

Im not sure if that formulas work or not but in my type of calculation i got some changes in dps for operators than yours !!!
    here is how i calculate the dps from techs for operator 
    Take Aim + Heavy ordinance + Compressed magazine :
    1., Damge for Single Clip Cycle = ( DPS + Dps changed from techs )* clip size
         = ( 949 + (949 * 54% ) ) * 3
         = ( 949 + 512.46 ) * 3
         =  4384.38
    2., Time taken for firing clip cycle and reload = ( Reload time - changed reload time from techs ) +  ( Clip Shot Time * Clip size )
         = ( 0.35 - ( 0.35 * 15% ) ) + ( 0.05 * 3 )
         = ( 0.35 - 0.0525 ) + ( 0.15 )
         = ( 0.2975 ) + ( 0.15 )
         =  0.4475 seconds

so for every 0.4475 seconds the clips are fired and reload is done . means for every 0.4475 seconds 4384.38 damage is done .
    now we need to calculate how much damge is done in a second  ( DPS )
    DPS ( damge done in a second ) =  (    1/ time taken for firing clips and reload time ) * ( Damge for single clip cycle done )
      =  (  1/0.4475 ) * ( 4384.38 )
      =  (  2.2346 ) * ( 4384.38 )          [ Note: so the total firing a clip cycle and reload time is done 2.2346 times in a second ]
      =   9797.335548 DPS

Heavy Ordinance + Compressed Magazine : 
    1., Damage for Single Clip Cycle = ( 949 + (949 * 30%) ) * 3
         = (949 + 284.7 ) * 3 
         = 1233.7 * 3
         = 3701.1
    2., Time take for firing clip cycle and reload = ( 0.35 - ( 0.35 * 35% ) ) + ( 0.05 * 3 )
         = ( 0.35 - 0.1225 ) + ( 0.15 )
         = ( 0.2275 ) + ( 0.15 )
         =  0.3775 seconds 

in this tech design for every 0.3775 seconds the clips are fired and reload is done . so for every 0.3775 seconds 3701.1 damage is done .
    now we need to calculate how much damge is done in a second for this tech design (DPS )
    DPS ( damage done in a second ) = (  1/0.3775 ) * ( 3701.1 )
                                                       = ( 2.6490 ) * ( 3701.1 )
                                                       =  9804.2139 DPS

Take Aim + Heavy Ordinance + Compressed Magazine = 9797.335548 DPS
    Heavy Ordinance + Compressed Magazine = 9804.2139 DPS

Game Name:  _SAIRAM_    Lvl : 46
  • Moayd
    Moayd
    Incursion Leader
    MX36 said:

Im not sure if that formulas work or not but in my type of calculation i got some changes in dps for operators than yours !!!
    here is how i calculate the dps from techs for operator 
    Take Aim + Heavy ordinance + Compressed magazine :
    1., Damge for Single Clip Cycle = ( DPS + Dps changed from techs )* clip size
         = ( 949 + (949 * 54% ) ) * 3
         = ( 949 + 512.46 ) * 3
         =  4384.38
    2., Time taken for firing clip cycle and reload = ( Reload time - changed reload time from techs ) +  ( Clip Shot Time * Clip size )
         = ( 0.35 - ( 0.35 * 15% ) ) + ( 0.05 * 3 )
         = ( 0.35 - 0.0525 ) + ( 0.15 )
         = ( 0.2975 ) + ( 0.15 )
         =  0.4475 seconds

so for every 0.4475 seconds the clips are fired and reload is done . means for every 0.4475 seconds 4384.38 damage is done .
    now we need to calculate how much damge is done in a second  ( DPS )
    DPS ( damge done in a second ) =  (    1/ time taken for firing clips and reload time ) * ( Damge for single clip cycle done )
      =  (  1/0.4475 ) * ( 4384.38 )
      =  (  2.2346 ) * ( 4384.38 )          [ Note: so the total firing a clip cycle and reload time is done 2.2346 times in a second ]
      =   9797.335548 DPS

Heavy Ordinance + Compressed Magazine : 
    1., Damage for Single Clip Cycle = ( 949 + (949 * 30%) ) * 3
         = (949 + 284.7 ) * 3 
         = 1233.7 * 3
         = 3701.1
    2., Time take for firing clip cycle and reload = ( 0.35 - ( 0.35 * 35% ) ) + ( 0.05 * 3 )
         = ( 0.35 - 0.1225 ) + ( 0.15 )
         = ( 0.2275 ) + ( 0.15 )
         =  0.3775 seconds 

in this tech design for every 0.3775 seconds the clips are fired and reload is done . so for every 0.3775 seconds 3701.1 damage is done .
    now we need to calculate how much damge is done in a second for this tech design (DPS )
    DPS ( damage done in a second ) = (  1/0.3775 ) * ( 3701.1 )
                                                       = ( 2.6490 ) * ( 3701.1 )
                                                       =  9804.2139 DPS

if u just add excel sheet with the numbers above for all units and add the formula using excel sheet. it will be easy to change variables and get all the data  
  • MX36
    MX36
    Unicorn Overlord

we have the same calculations, but i think the reload speed bonus is calculated in a different way!
    already asked about this in another thread  waiting for replies from [WrongThinker] or CMs.