*New* TopGear Vega Ship Calc

• LazyP9
    LazyP9
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 64
    edited 5 Sep 2017, 11:15PM
    are the exal heavy tal numbers correct? cuz if so the ratio of health to mass stayed the same but rep time went up considerably

• Mr TopGear
    Mr TopGear
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 1,761
    LazyP9 said:
    are the exal heavy tal numbers correct? cuz if so the ratio of health to mass stayed the same but rep time went up considerably

Yes figures are accurate
    The problem with this game is the power curves. Just look at the graphs I made. Said no vega conflict player ever
  • LazyP9
    LazyP9
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 64
    wow......

• Jim Bo
    Jim Bo
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 502

So exal/enal tungsten is inferior to exal/enal talonite. That's a pretty huge disappointment. Same health:mass ratio, same resistance, more repair time, less health. What's the point?

• Mr TopGear
    Mr TopGear
    Jim Bo said:

So exal/enal tungsten is inferior to exal/enal talonite. That's a pretty huge disappointment. Same health:mass ratio, same resistance, more repair time, less health. What's the point?

It is basically fitting in around EXAL 1.5 but with slightly worse repair time. 
    The problem with this game is the power curves. Just look at the graphs I made. Said no vega conflict player ever
  • Jim Bo
    Jim Bo
    Skilled Warrior
    edited 6 Sep 2017, 2:29AM

Yep. No point. I don't even understand. Surely they would make it higher health than equivalent talonite so that people (especially heavy coiners) will actually be interested in fitting it.

I was expecting around 5k health with about 40 mins repair time, with better mass/health ratio so that you can fit more on. Like, around 1800 mass, 1:0.36 or so

• Jim Bo
    Jim Bo
    Skilled Warrior
    vegashipcalc.co.uk is offline :'(
  • Mr TopGear
    Mr TopGear
    edited 7 Sep 2017, 1:13AM
    Jim Bo said:
    vegashipcalc.co.uk is offline :'(
    Problem with the database server. Waiting on a server update. It will be back online soon

Edit:

ETA 60 min 
  • Jim Bo
    Jim Bo
    Skilled Warrior
    Still down after nearly 2 hours... this is like a Vega downtime ETA. lol
  • Mr TopGear
    Mr TopGear

Site is back up

• Mr TopGear
    Mr TopGear
    edited 7 Sep 2017, 5:55PM
    UPDATE: EX/EXAL Tungsten Armor

It's been brought to our attention that as Tungsten Armor adds its single and double resistance modifier (EX/EXAL), it doesn't receive the same efficiency gain in its repair ratio that the Talonite Armors receive. Unlike the previous issues with Talonite Armors, which were temporary bugs, this was simply a design oversight.

Tungsten Armor will receive an efficiency gain to its resistance versions in the next update to bring it in line with the Talonite version (Tungsten repair time will still be higher due to higher health, but the health:time ratio will be adjusted).

This is the update news on the new armour. Tungsten should have the same repair ratio as Talonite. 

After doing the calculations the new repair time should be:

New 

20m 34s EXAL Heavy Tungsten Armour
    19m 30s EX Heavy Tungsten Armour

Current

29m 22s EXAL Heavy Tungsten Armour
    27m 51s EX Heavy Tungsten Armour

A difference of

8m 48s EXAL Heavy Tungsten Armour 
    8m 21s EX Heavy Tungsten Armour

• Milo_ja
    Milo_ja
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 1,180

It's been brought to our attention that as Tungsten Armor adds its single and double resistance modifier (EX/EXAL), it doesn't receive the same efficiency gain in its repair ratio that the Talonite Armors receive. Unlike the previous issues with Talonite Armors, which were temporary bugs, this was simply a design oversight.

Tungsten Armor will receive an efficiency gain to its resistance versions in the next update to bring it in line with the Talonite version (Tungsten repair time will still be higher due to higher health, but the health:time ratio will be adjusted).

This is the update news on the new armour. Tungsten should have the same repair ratio as Talonite. 

New 

Current

A difference of

Do you have some info about intended EXAL Tungsten mass? Mass from preview video and BP panel are different.
  • GDIAX
    GDIAX
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 2,768

@Milo_ja said:
    Mr TopGear said:

New 

Current

A difference of

Do you have some info about intended EXAL Tungsten mass? Mass from preview video and BP panel are different.

the preview video was made before they realized it and decided to make the change.

Rebel Admiral, Head Intelligence Officer and Coordinator of Rebel forces.
    "Band together and prepare for war. This is Zero Hour!"

• Jim Bo
    Jim Bo
    Skilled Warrior
    I'd think that higher health rather than lower repair would be a better idea...

"(Tungsten repair time will still be higher due to higher health, but the health:time ratio will be adjusted)" suggests this too.

Otherwise, there doesn't seem much point in using it. Still same health per mass as EXAL Heavy Talonite, and less health.
  • Milo_ja
    Milo_ja
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 1,180
    Jim Bo said:
    I'd think that higher health rather than lower repair would be a better idea...

"(Tungsten repair time will still be higher due to higher health, but the health:time ratio will be adjusted)" suggests this too.

Otherwise, there doesn't seem much point in using it. Still same health per mass as EXAL Heavy Talonite, and less health.
    It's good filled in some fittings if you don't have enough mass for talonite.
  • EaglesWing
    EaglesWing
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 338
    edited 10 Sep 2017, 5:52PM
    Finally updated the german translations. @Mr TopGear
  • ChalkSix
    ChalkSix
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 229
    Guardian Cruiser Mk3 plasma resist is being calculated as 20% instead of 30%.
  • SEAL Corps1
    SEAL Corps1
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 989

Can we expect the new tech to be up before the main event begins?

Don't screw with me, I'm an Engineer.

• Jim Bo
    Jim Bo
    Skilled Warrior
    @Mr TopGear I have another question... have you ever thought of putting up the XP of base equipment and modules as well as ships?
  • M.V.K.0
    M.V.K.0
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jan 2017 Posts: 866
    edited 13 Oct 2017, 6:41AM
    How ideas are used and how they tend to be from where they come from at a time does not gain much support from the idea of a Ship Calc based new still. 

But I understand what you are talking about though.

Thanks,

MVK
  • GARYOSAVAN - G
    GARYOSAVAN - G
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2016 Posts: 1
    Ok, than we're waiting for next update. Keep going.
  • M.V.K.0
    M.V.K.0
    Strike-force Captain
    Ok, than we're waiting for next update. Keep going.
    Yes, that would be the idea despite say cost and effect.

Thanks,

MVK
  • Wfang71
    Wfang71
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 127

Great work on the site, hats off to you for your efforts

I'm just a veteran who wants to pay his rent instead of buy coins XD 
  • RaptureAkaDino
    RaptureAkaDino
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 742
    have you thought about a base version?? layout of modules top down view and the armour weapon specials and etc on the things...............has anyone tried a base version or would that mean kixeye actually been actively involved with the base planner development...................

• M.V.K.0
    M.V.K.0
    Strike-force Captain
    have you thought about a base version?? layout of modules top down view and the armour weapon specials and etc on the things...............has anyone tried a base version or would that mean kixeye actually been actively involved with the base planner development...................

Think he is getting his information say the old fashioned way, manually, so even if he has, unless his base is maxed out already to say at a time, you will have to wait for the worth of builds and upgrades to be completed to get that information.

Thanks,

MVK
  • AlphaCentauri42
    AlphaCentauri42
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2017 Posts: 9
    French translation : checked
    All green
  • dragonbarb
    dragonbarb
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 33
    edited Yesterday, 7:44PM
    actualy there is a base builder out there i have no clue where to find it tho. its kinda irelevant tho. gemini driver storm driver and blue squadrons are all you need XD
  • dragonbarb
    dragonbarb
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 33
    @Mr TopGear
    Do you need eny info on the new batleship still? i noticd it isent in the ship calc yeat :)
  • AlphaCentauri42
    AlphaCentauri42
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2017 Posts: 9
    Well... have nice hollidays Mr TopGear :-)