*New* TopGear Vega Ship Calc

• ZERG RUSH
    ZERG RUSH
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 347
    correct me if i am wrong, but xeno armored hold and xeno armored thrusters are available supposed to be available to paladin and other axis ships but you cant in the calculator
  • SEAL Corps1
    SEAL Corps1
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 989
    ZERG RUSH said:
    correct me if i am wrong, but xeno armored hold and xeno armored thrusters are available supposed to be available to paladin and other axis ships but you cant in the calculator
    He is working on it. It'll be available by tomorrow. 
    Don't screw with me, I'm an Engineer.

• ZERG RUSH
    ZERG RUSH
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 347
    i just wasnt sure if he was aware of it. i love what he does and i use it all the time:) thank you so much for your hard work topgear
  • xWheathleyx
    xWheathleyx
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 42
    edited 2 Aug 2017, 11:40PM
    Wheat Here,

sorry if i triple post the link verification took too long

heres a Guardian Mk I Picture, i can get you the images if you want
  • Mr TopGear
    Mr TopGear
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 1,761
    Wheat Here,

sorry if i triple post the link verification took too long

heres a Guardian Mk I Picture, i can get you the images if you want

Thanks but I have all the images now. There is a lot of work to do on this update. I have been working on it 2 days now. I am building in plasma resistance functionality at the moment and support for the 3rd shield slot.

Sneak peak:

The problem with this game is the power curves. Just look at the graphs I made. Said no vega conflict player ever
  • Hydra Reborn
    Hydra Reborn
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 249
    just a question...are the exp values of the exo shields correct?  the exo3 is half the exp then a meta 3.
    maybe they are the wrong values?
  • ChalkSix
    ChalkSix
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 229
    XP values are not typically known until after the event, since Kix will not reveal the values directly it is up to players to find out the values thru trial and error.
  • MikeWirus
    MikeWirus
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2017 Posts: 225

Guardian seems to have 6 armors at mk2, is this intended?

• MikeWirus
    MikeWirus
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2017 Posts: 225

And guardian should have 2 resistors on mkups, 1 at mk1

• Sequestor
    Sequestor
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 311
    Anodized resistor, not adonized.
  • Mr TopGear
    Mr TopGear
    Yes the values are correct. I have access to the data directly now which is why I was able to put them out before the event in the entirety
    The problem with this game is the power curves. Just look at the graphs I made. Said no vega conflict player ever
  • Mr TopGear
    Mr TopGear
    MikeWirus said:

Guardian seems to have 6 armors at mk2, is this intended?

• Mr TopGear
    Mr TopGear
    just a question...are the exp values of the exo shields correct?  the exo3 is half the exp then a meta 3.
    maybe they are the wrong values?

• Hydra Reborn
    Hydra Reborn
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 249
    ok..but still weird...exo3 has higher shield strenght then a meta 3..has an extra resist....and still half the exp as a meta 3   lool...weird.  ( maybe thats a trade in for the high repair?) 
  • xWheathleyx
    xWheathleyx
    Potential Threat
    Nice work as always Topgear, i don't know what i would do without your calculator XD
  • Sequestor
    Sequestor
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 311
    edited 9 Aug 2017, 4:32AM
    Suppressor mk6 displays only 270 sector speed instead of 360. Most likely the same for the guardian. Exterminator too.
  • Mr TopGear
    Mr TopGear
    edited 18 Aug 2017, 4:37PM
    I have added a new value in the ship modifiers section. This is the amount of repair time your ship build will get when hit with 1000 direct health damage

for an explanation of the working see my post here

• xWheathleyx
    xWheathleyx
    Potential Threat
    edited 18 Aug 2017, 5:18PM
    Cool, Topgear! 

Also Exterminator at Mk VI doesn't have the plus 90 Sector Speed

• Mr TopGear
    Mr TopGear
    It's that time of the month again and I am going to be needing some translations in the coming days.

Translation file here

• RaptureAkaDino
    RaptureAkaDino
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 742
    Hey topgear you do a grand job with that calc its exceptional, im curious tho why i mean we all enjoy vega but for someone to do this are you paid for your time doing this or is it more a "fan" project. the rate vega is going im curious if you will still be here until vega ends.
  • EaglesWing
    EaglesWing
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 338
    It's that time of the month again and I am going to be needing some translations in the coming days.

Translation file here

Will do when I get the german names through the update log in Google play store ;)
  • Mr TopGear
    Mr TopGear
    Update 04/09/2017

- Added Paladin (all mk's) Plasma Resistance
    - Updated Xeno Pulse Cannon III Range
    - Updated Exophase Shield I, II, III Repair Times 
  • RaptureAkaDino
    RaptureAkaDino
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 742
    WOW i certainly didnt expect such a detailed post, top gear i applaud you and your effort that you put into the vega calc project, kixeye should of definatly come to you for the work you have done. thank you for the reply i wish kixeye would see that so they can understand the loss of players with the calc is associated with the loss in the game.

again thankyou for the reply and the work you have done with vegacalc. im speechless at the response you gave with those figures that is a drastic change
  • Lee Van Cleef
    Lee Van Cleef
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 150
    Wow!. i did not know you paid by it.....thank you by your time. But i guess it is not going to get better....
  • xRegis
    xRegis
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 275
    edited 5 Sep 2017, 3:32AM

When the day comes, we can only hope. Many of us were always there to support you and there's nothing we can do, but give our angry words or feedback we taken our time to write to Kixeye.

This is honestly something I yet to see in many games and though it is limited to what it can do. Vega ShipCalc is unique. I hope other games might someday follow a similar design for their model. (Warframe has one, that's one I know)

I wish the best for you TG.

https://puu.sh/xQkNE/b6799143c0.png
  • Stormer-M
    Stormer-M
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2016 Posts: 420
    When the ship calc gets closed down, this game will become completely unplayable.

Thanks TopGear, for being such a strong pillar for the community for all this time.
  • RaniRahn
    RaniRahn
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 1,252
    I have seen similar graphics some where. Ah yes that was active players count. I see 3-4 times less page views and i think there is same amount less players in game now.
    52 45 38 67 54 6b 39 55 49 45 4a 56 57 53 42 44 54 30 6c 4f 55 79 45 3d
  • Mr TopGear
    Mr TopGear
    Update 06/09/2017

Ascension Update

- Added A.X.I.S Vindicator Cutter Mk I, II, III, IV, V, VI
    - Added Bombardment Torpedo I, II
    - Added Heavy Bombardment Torpedo III
    - Added Xeno Bombardment Torpedo IV
    - Added Bluetail Drone I, II, III
    - Added EX/EXAL Tungsten Armor
    - Added Harmonic Chase Thrusers I, II, III
    - Added Harmonic Ion Field Generator
    - Added Projectile Resistor RI I, II, III