*New* TopGear Vega Ship Calc

• Mr TopGear
    Mr TopGear
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 1,765
    angel_xx said:
    I cannot seem to access the website anymore, do you know why could this be?

Unfortunately when I launched the website, within an hour of me posting the url on here someone decided to run a ddos attack on the website, this took the site offline and I have had to move it to my own server. My server is setup to restrict alot of countires outside of the uk since its a server only used within the uk it makes sense to block it off to parts of the world that should not be using it. The problem now is do I undo the location blocks now that this site is on this server and people from all over the world will use it or do I move it somewhere else. If you send me your ip address I will check if its in the block list and I will also update the block profiles incase ip address ranges have altered since I setup the server. Not sure why someone would want to stop this site being around, but I suppose some people get their kicks from other peoples misfortune.
    The problem with this game is the power curves. Just look at the graphs I made. Said no vega conflict player ever
  • Mr TopGear
    Mr TopGear
    Current Black Market Mk2 hulls have been added if you want to spec some builds up
    The problem with this game is the power curves. Just look at the graphs I made. Said no vega conflict player ever
  • angel_xx
    angel_xx
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 776
    angel_xx said:
    I cannot seem to access the website anymore, do you know why could this be?

Unfortunately when I launched the website, within an hour of me posting the url on here someone decided to run a ddos attack on the website, this took the site offline and I have had to move it to my own server. My server is setup to restrict alot of countires outside of the uk since its a server only used within the uk it makes sense to block it off to parts of the world that should not be using it. The problem now is do I undo the location blocks now that this site is on this server and people from all over the world will use it or do I move it somewhere else. If you send me your ip address I will check if its in the block list and I will also update the block profiles incase ip address ranges have altered since I setup the server. Not sure why someone would want to stop this site being around, but I suppose some people get their kicks from other peoples misfortune.
    Oh i see, it's a shame. I'll pm you later today when i get back home, thanks for your reply and the time you took to build this great calc.
  • Destoryer Of Worlds
    Destoryer Of Worlds
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 1,112
    I have a problem with the MK II ships. They dont show up, and when I go to click on them, its all black....

• Mr TopGear
    Mr TopGear
    edited 13 May 2015, 10:02AM
    Try refreshing your page with f5 on a pc, or clearing your cache/temp internet files in your browser. Seems to load ok for other people who I have spoken to
  • Destoryer Of Worlds
    Destoryer Of Worlds
    Incursion Leader
    Try refreshing your page with f5 on a pc, or clearing your cache/temp internet files in your browser. Seems to load ok for other people who I have spoken to
    I tried both those, didnt work. Why does your website hate me? lol
  • Mr TopGear
    Mr TopGear
    It's because your using the wrong domain name to get to the site, that old url i posted was going to an outdated temporary version I only used to get the site running after the server problems. Use www.vegashipcalc.co.uk instead that's the main site
  • Ailen rebels
    Ailen rebels
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2014 Posts: 85
    cool   gun

me and xrossfader are friends on VEGA Conflict. and Skoyote and me are now friends on VEGA Conflict.  

• ventura.jaro
    ventura.jaro
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 89
    It works very good and now it even looks great. Excellent work man.
    Question - where is missing the Broadsword Destroyer (in the graphical version of the calc) ?
    Also we already know the official stats of Fighter squads from Kix, which should be available since 15.05.2015
    you can already add them th ethe list, if you have time ;) 
  • Mr TopGear
    Mr TopGear
    I did not notice I had the Broadsword turned off, its enabled again now. The figher stats are on the ships, I just don't have a graphic for the ship yet, but if you move it to a carrier the stats I have are on there.
  • ventura.jaro
    ventura.jaro
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 89
    Nice - THX
  • beetlelisk
    beetlelisk
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2014 Posts: 26
    I have a ship with Wave 3, apparently the repair time is 24m 20s.
    The ship is Komodo with 3x Wave 2, 1x Wave 3, 2x Iridium 5, Phased 5, Fusion 3 and Metaphase 3
    Completely dead it requires 2h 53m 24s to repair.
    Your site says Komodo with such a configuration is 2h 29m 4s to repair with only the Wave 3 rep time missing :)

Thank You for your hard work and I'm looking forward to all of your plans regarding the site :)
  • jayjay253
    jayjay253
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 33
    thx for your great work with the weppage. But I have another wish for this page: I would like share my builds with my friends, so is it possible to ad an button which creates an link which leads to this special build?
    This link could be used to share builds in this forum for example
  • Mr TopGear
    Mr TopGear
    JayJay253 said:
    thx for your great work with the weppage. But I have another wish for this page: I would like share my builds with my friends, so is it possible to ad an button which creates an link which leads to this special build?
    This link could be used to share builds in this forum for example
    It is a feature I am looking to add in at some point. When I get some time I will be adding in mouse over stats on items, and coming up with some method for mobile devices that cant use hover.
  • Mr TopGear
    Mr TopGear
    Thanks beetlelisk. I have added the repair time for Wave Driver 3 now
  • Mr TopGear
    Mr TopGear
    edited 16 May 2015, 9:09PM
    I have put some information on for weapons on a mouse over and also by clicking on the name of the weapon. I will add in the other sections as I build them; I am not sure if the mouse over is too invasive and if it is I will disable it on the items and just leave the name clickable. Currently you can compare stats by clicking on the name then using the mouse over to look at the other items.

Also added in bomber repair times
  • KnisterPeter
    KnisterPeter
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 1
    Awesome tool! Thanks for your work.
    Have you thought about open-sourcing your code so others could contribute to it? :smile: 
  • Mr TopGear
    Mr TopGear
    edited 17 May 2015, 9:18PM
    Update 17/05/2015

- All Squadron stats have been added (Fighter & Bomber)
    - All missing stats have been added
    - Finished mouse over stats on all items
    - Updated Excel version for any missing stats from previous versions
  • ElLord.2027
    ElLord.2027
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 49
    it looks great, really good jop... thx

if u can add full fleet build with total mass that would be perfect
  • Destoryer Of Worlds
    Destoryer Of Worlds
    Incursion Leader
    Really lovin the work being done so far. Keep up the great work! A mod should really pin this post!
  • Mr TopGear
    Mr TopGear
    Unfortunately the site will be intermittent over the next couple of days on access, or very very slow. I have another engineer coming out to sort this internet connection issue that is still on going from the other week. Engineer is booked in for Wednesday. 
  • NB Siri
    NB Siri
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 81
    Unfortunately the site will be intermittent over the next couple of days on access, or very very slow. I have another engineer coming out to sort this internet connection issue that is still on going from the other week. Engineer is booked in for Wednesday. 
    Can you make the Excel file accessible here to DL while we wait?
    ID: 5796539
    • Mr TopGear
      Mr TopGear

Update (19/05/2015)

• Added Mk II ships for currently available hulls 
      • Increased incorrect special slots on longbows from 1 to 2
    • Manni-Gaming
      Manni-Gaming
      Strike-force Captain
      Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 890

Update (19/05/2015)

Awesome job, dude. I am already using your site for my videos. Keep it up.
      Hopefully you manage to make it run reliably all the time. THat would be insanely good :wink: 
      Numerous Auto-Fleet Tutorials, Event-Strategies, Detailed Tests and PVP-Stuff on my YouTube-Gaming Channel.
      My entire Vega Conflict Playlist:  Right here
    • Mr TopGear
      Mr TopGear

Update (19/05/2015)

Awesome job, dude. I am already using your site for my videos. Keep it up.
      Hopefully you manage to make it run reliably all the time. THat would be insanely good :wink: 

When I launched the site it had a ddos attack on it, so i'm having to host it myself until I can move it to a new web host hopefully next month. Unfortunately my isp is having a few issues; (I cant even get in the game myself properly at the moment) its not ideal, but at least the ship calc is online for now.
    • Manni-Gaming
      Manni-Gaming
      Strike-force Captain
      Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 890
      edited 19 May 2015, 4:33PM
      When I launched the site it had a ddos attack on it, so i'm having to host it myself until I can move it to a new web host hopefully next month. Unfortunately my isp is having a few issues; (I cant even get in the game myself properly at the moment) its not ideal, but at least the ship calc is online for now.
      Yeah. It is... After you give me green light I could make an official video about it introducing it to the world of YouTube. (Only if you like - of course) Just write me when you're ready with it and feel like it will be stable and I'll try my best to get that awesomeness around the world ;-) --> to the best of my possibilities at least. I mean, I'm no PewDiePie ^^
      Numerous Auto-Fleet Tutorials, Event-Strategies, Detailed Tests and PVP-Stuff on my YouTube-Gaming Channel.
      My entire Vega Conflict Playlist:  Right here
    • TigerIceFire
      TigerIceFire
      Greenhorn
      Joined May 2015 Posts: 12
      Minor issue ... Longbows have two special slots on your page, instead of one ...
      Incidentally, the issue I bet you're having with weight on specials is that all weight values round up ... so say you have magnets adding 5.2T and rears adding 3.7 thats an additional 10T not 9T like you would normally assume
    • Mr TopGear
      Mr TopGear
      I changed it the other day, for some reason I thought they had 2 slots, must have got it mixed up with the broadsword, although the wiki says 2 http://vega-conflict.wikia.com/wiki/Longbow_Destroyer I have set it back to 1. You may need to refresh your browser cache to see the updated layout picture or f5 if on a pc.

I spoke to kix about the rounding issue. Apparently in game display values are not actual values used for their calculations, so very occasionally the calc will be off by 1 when using specials that alter ship or weapon mass. So for example glad 2 dps could be 25.12121212 but only displays as 25 in game which throws the specials off by 1 occasionally. I cant do anything about it unless they send me actual in game values.
    • LuckyVenusWhitababy
      LuckyVenusWhitababy
      Greenhorn
      Joined Jul 2014 Posts: 20
      Hi! Your vega ship calculator is very useful. Can you add in the reload time for the ship weapons? Even one more armor point makes a lot of difference.
    • Mr TopGear
      Mr TopGear
      Update 22/5/2015

Added the save ship build feature. You can now link to a saved build like this 

I will add in a fleet manager when I get some time so you can save upto 6 ships and compare stats and link a fleet as well as ships