*New* TopGear Vega Ship Calc

Mr TopGear
Mr TopGear
Force to be Reckoned With
Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 1,767
After I released my Excel Ship Calc I got a lot of feedback from people regarding how much they liked and used it. Whilst it is a good offline tool I found it rather limited since not everyone has Excel 2013. Reading the comments on the thread about the Excel ship calc I had to release a few versions to get it working for the majority of people. Clearly this was not feasible as updating all these versions was not going to work.

So a few days ago I was adding in squadron support for the new excel version and I decided to make an online version of it whilst I waited for the event. Now, after a few days of hard coding and minimal sleep I would like to introduce to you my new online version of Vega Ship Calc. 

The updated Excel calc is also available for download from the website. Over the coming days I will be adding a few more features to the site, so it is still in development, but it is now fully functional. Enjoy :smile: 

http://www.vegashipcalc.co.uk/
The problem with this game is the power curves. Just look at the graphs I made. Said no vega conflict player ever
  • poopcrapper
    poopcrapper
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 20
    This is absolutely phenomenal. I use your spreadsheet a lot and I have a feeling I will be using the online version even more than the spreadsheet. Thanks for all the effort you put into this - it is definitely appreciated.
  • AceTroller
    AceTroller
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2015 Posts: 277
    That's awesome man, looking forward to using it.
  • Kereg the Fallen
    Kereg the Fallen
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 134
    edited 10 May 2015, 6:55AM
    Works great!!! Only had a small issue in Firefox (just had to hit reload and it worked) but works great in Chrome! Thanks. 
    For the mighty Pangolin
  • Ailen rebels
    Ailen rebels
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2014 Posts: 85
    edited 10 May 2015, 6:47AM
    we will make people happy on VEGA Conflict and kixeye.com to soon.

me and xrossfader are friends on VEGA Conflict. and Skoyote and me are now friends on VEGA Conflict.  

• Ailen rebels
    Ailen rebels
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2014 Posts: 85
    and see you guy on the  battle rebels

me and xrossfader are friends on VEGA Conflict. and Skoyote and me are now friends on VEGA Conflict.  

• Destoryer Of Worlds
    Destoryer Of Worlds
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 1,112
    I love it very much. Could you make a list of what exacley you still need info for. I think I could help
  • Bansinator
    Bansinator
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 9
    I love it very much. Could you make a list of what exacley you still need info for. I think I could help
    • Repair Time
      • Valhalla Carrier
      • Bomber Squadron I
      • Bomber Squadron II
      • Bomber Squadron III
      • Fighter Squadron I
      • Fighter Squadron II
      • Fighter Squadron III
      • Wave Driver I
      • Wave Driver II
      • Wave Driver III
      • AP Driver III
    • Build Time
      • Bomber Squadron I
      • Bomber Squadron II
      • Fighter Squadron I
      • Fighter Squadron II
      • Fighter Squadron III
      • Wave Driver III
    • Resource Cost
      • Bomber Squadron I
      • Bomber Squadron II
      • Bomber Squadron III
      • Fighter Squadron I
      • Fighter Squadron II
      • Fighter Squadron III
      • Wave Driver III
  • SebastianG 6400
    SebastianG 6400
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 60
    Great job TG, well done :)
    This aren't the NH you're looking for.... I see Dead Fleets....
  • kjfg55
    kjfg55
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 39
    edited 22 Jun 2015, 8:31AM
    • Body is required.
    • Body is 5 characters too short.
  • PrPlPete
    PrPlPete
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 452
    edited 10 May 2015, 11:24AM
    Amazing! Absolutely love the layout. I have a few (difficult) suggestions:
    - Make a way to compare the stats of two ships
    - Allow us to see the stats of a slot without having to put it in first. Maybe you can do this by adding a scroll-over feature to see the stats.
    WC lvl: 34 (Retired) -- VC lvl: 43

Some lore I made:                                                       Some comedy I made:                                                  Some instructions I made (for Linux):
  • Mr TopGear
    Mr TopGear
    PrPlPete said:
    Amazing! Absolutely love the layout. I have a few (difficult) suggestions:
    - Make a way to compare the stats of two ships
    - Allow us to see the stats of a slot without having to put it in first. Maybe you can do this by adding a scroll-over feature to see the stats.
    Things I am currently working on

- Adding in mouse over stats for the items to go on the ships
    - Making a feature to link a build from a url so you can share your layouts with friends.
    The problem with this game is the power curves. Just look at the graphs I made. Said no vega conflict player ever
  • EazyMango
    EazyMango
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 20
    People must be loving it because you have reached your resource limit with the provider  :)

Nice work mate cant wait to see it.

• Mr TopGear
    Mr TopGear
    Yes sorry about that, I have been onto the company for the past hour trying to solve the issue. I have a support ticket in. All my other websites are now down aswell :( It's some memory limit issue
  • Criminal Phillip BV
    Criminal Phillip BV
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 1,877
    Sorry BAD TOPGEAR, it appears that the link is no longer working
  • Mr TopGear
    Mr TopGear
    edited 10 May 2015, 11:25PM
    I have just moved the server to my personal server rather than a web host; It seems they cant handle the demand :wink: 

It should take a while for the dns to update. So please be patient with it; it will be back online shortly.

Considering only a few people have read this post I don't understand why the site is getting so many hits. I have had to take it off this host because it took down all my other websites. Apparently I have a limit of 20 on the server it was on. I was running at over 4000 earlier. So I take it thats not a good thing. Slightly over my quota lol

• Imperial Fists
    Imperial Fists
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 132
    I finally completed L3 AP driver:

Repair time (exodus cruiser)
    46m 20s - 16m = 30m 20s
    Vega Conflict L46 
  • Mr TopGear
    Mr TopGear
    Thanks alot, I've updated the site with it
  • Imperial Fists
    Imperial Fists
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 132
    NP.  The site looks really cool :)
    Vega Conflict L46 
  • Mr TopGear
    Mr TopGear
    I'm just glad its working. You have no idea the problems today with the server, still looking through the server logs to figure out what's going on. My hosting company asked me to take it down. (Burnt my dinner as well, forgot it was in the oven, trying to fix this). Maybe kixeye would host it, that would solve the problem. 

I'm no expert but I find it hard to believe this site had this many hits in 5 hours

• Criminal Phillip BV
    Criminal Phillip BV
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 1,877
    I know it was posted on the BV and AS FB pages by some people, that might have been why you were getting so many hits
  • Mr TopGear
    Mr TopGear
    edited 11 May 2015, 9:08AM

Well more bad luck, the internet connection to the server I moved it to has broken. Earliest time slot I can get an engineer to fix it is midday tomorrow, so it will be offline or intermittent until then

• Destoryer Of Worlds
    Destoryer Of Worlds
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 1,112
    edited 11 May 2015, 10:35AM
    1 Small Problem. The mass for somthing is worng. It said that it would all fit, but when I got around to building the carrier, it didnt fit. These 2 builds are identical. Could you please look into it after you fix the server issues?
  • Mr TopGear
    Mr TopGear
    All fixed Destroyer of Worlds. I updated the excel version too and added in Wave Driver II repair times. It was not taking squadron mass into account when adding on thrusters, so it only affected carriers.
  • odis183
    odis183
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 882

This is great thanks.

• Mr TopGear
    Mr TopGear
    Just incase anyone else notices this sometimes the calc is off a little bit, maybe 1 point. I tried to figure out what the problem is, I thought it might be a rounding issue on my end but after careful investigation it seems someone cant add up properly. I will submit this as a bug report; so maybe they will fix it.  So if your stats are off in game by 1 don't blame me. unless well it is my fault; then blame Skeedor; since everyone blames him for something. (in game picture on the left)

bug.png 433.5K
  • Jolly Somali
    Jolly Somali
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 98
    Excellent job!
  • karthik Gopalan
    karthik Gopalan
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 245
    this is brilliant.! Thank you for all your effort! 
  • angel_xx
    angel_xx
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 776
    I cannot seem to access the website anymore, do you know why could this be?

• CM Skeedorr
    CM Skeedorr
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 2,701
    This is truly amazing. Thank you so much for taking the time to create this for the community.

• jbuszkie47
    jbuszkie47
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 59

Fantastic!  This is great!  A nice follow on to the old fleetman's configurator!! (many thanks again to PaintJe for the fleetman tool may it RIP)

Keep up the good work!