PvP Feedback and Suggestions

CM Sulaco 2
CM Sulaco 2
KIXEYE Community Manager
Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 11,336
Clan Leaders,

I would like to get some feedback from everyone around PvP. Please take the time to respond to this thread with all feedback and suggestions that you have. For everyone else that is not part of a Clan, I would also love to hear your feedback and suggestions as well.

1. How much PvP is your Clan currently engaged in? Light, Moderate, or High PvP activity?
  2. What are some positive PvP features currently in game?
  3. Do any of the existing PvP features need to be revised, updated or changed? If so please provide some details.
  4. Are there any new PvP features that you would like to see in the future? Please provide details for any being indicated.
  5. What do you like/dislike about the Infamy system?
  6. List any additional feedback and suggestions that you or your Clan may have.

Thanks

CM Sulaco
  • King01616
    King01616
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 362
    Clan Leaders,

I would like to get some feedback from everyone around PvP. Please take the time to respond to this thread with all feedback and suggestions that you have. For everyone else that is not part of a Clan, I would also love to hear your feedback and suggestions as well.

1. How much PvP is your Clan currently engaged in? Light, Moderate, or High PvP activity?
    3. Do any of the existing PvP features need to be revised, updated or changed? If so please provide some details.
    4. Are there any new PvP features that you would like to see in the future? Please provide details for any being indicated.

Thanks

CM Sulaco
    1 ,only whats needed to retaliate,generally cheats are the only ones hitting now because people with half a brain dont wanna loose 24-48 hours on a base hit..duhh
    2 absolutely NONE.losses are too great rendering the attacker to wait a day or 2 to work on ridiculously expensive and long upgrades that are needed.
    3  not really a relevant comment ,no pliable answer
    4 pvp is basically dead and for you not to even acknowledge this is proof this is just another post to collect a pay or whatever they give you to somewhat communicate to the WC community. 
    5 infamy system is fine the rest of the game needs a full overhaul
    6 speaking for about 8 players i seriously doubt i could list any feed back that if you just took a second or weeks ,lol to look at the forums lvls 5-45 are fed up soooo why even make this ,there are way better things you could be doing .....at least is assume this.
    this is on top of met/oil  thorium shadow ops events v50s .DO YOU REALLY HAVE TO ASK THE STATE OF PVP .my god!!!
  • kixeyeuser_43986430_10113_4778625
    kixeyeuser_43986430_10113_4778625
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 3
    pvp, needs to be balance, like, when a player attacks/Hold a base, when they dont get any star they should lose also their infamy. Attacker or group of attacker that hold base of the target makes no chance to defend or deploy base. Say, player1(lvl40) was been attack by an attacker 1 (lvl 30), he can hold the base of player 1 and wait for this partner/clanmate or attacker 2(lvl40) to position, and attacker 1 dont lose any infamy. Also another sample. when a attacker, hit the base of player 1, they hit up to 49% or before star 1, and end the attack and position again to make a 2nd attack to player 1 until it bubble to 100%. only the player 1 lose infamy, so it should be balance, so the skill of both player in defense and attack showed. bottom line is, If any one engage and attack, there should be equal infamy at stake. not one way only.
  • MiNiOn_DrEaM
    MiNiOn_DrEaM
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 7
    PvP needs change prices of units and other things need to decrease that's 1...................2 you should increase they capacity of holding medals now its 1000 it should get to be like 1500 more if you want up to you that's 2....3 PVP payout should be gotten to player after 4 days not more then that so they get what they want as fast as they can if you dont mind what i say....4 if player can't give 1 star or more to the player they have to lose few of infamy and the defender gonna gain it that will make game interesting that can balance defender what he lost of his units that's all from my side wish you a good luck about the PVP problem!! :smile:
  • Vlad Gabriel
    Vlad Gabriel
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 6
    PvP ?? what pvp , when u got TONS of upgrades to do ??? don't come up with so many upgrades and PvP's will increase ! till then its hard to say !! u got it?? 
  • Rick Brazeal
    Rick Brazeal
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 24
    Infamy is a joke, you get banned for some reason and reset to 0. or you have lowers spending gold on rap spam to bbl you to get it. there really needs to be a change in how it is set up,
  • Coco Andrei
    Coco Andrei
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2014 Posts: 240
    if you make low repair time and low upgrade we can talk about pvp .. pvp is good like normal but we need what i write first
  • METALGEAR13
    METALGEAR13
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 6
    Medium pvp, some positive features r the infamy gains, someting tht needs to change is global infamy there r too many destroyed bases with high infamy tht dont give an accurate reading of the leaderboard, something id like to c is less repair time so more wars and nothing about the infamy system its amazing and something id like to c is fb users be able to c badges from kixeye site
  • ErVxX_tHe_JoKeR
    ErVxX_tHe_JoKeR
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 4,135
    Cut repairs in half PERMANETLY then maybe PvP will improve.
  • ALFA-GAZ
    ALFA-GAZ
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 2,612
    repairs way to much, to take a high level base results in loss of 4-5 toons,
    WC Level 43

• hugo_i_kill_you
    hugo_i_kill_you
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 14
    stop ading more things please if the main problem still persis---->cheat,gold hack,duplicate bases,gost toons all those things. ty
  • jeremiah pattsion
    jeremiah pattsion
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2014 Posts: 3

Where do I go to report kikeye tht they banned me for no reason I never cheated or been in part with cheating plz help

• Make_Me
    Make_Me
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 4,643

* since im member of several clan i can tell all of the above. some sector are well know as pvp other know as pve...
      personally i will say (highly involved in pvp when pvp use to mean something 2 year ago. / now pvp is just a joke and dont worth anything)

*LOOT : we can loot resources (oil metal and thorium) that a good thing. we use to be able to steal more and that was even better. but now the resources loot seem to be down and pvp is down with it. pvp was way better when we could 100% loot if we flat the base. the % of loot should be related with damage deal overall.. if i 82% you i should be able to loot you 82%.... 
      *BRAG : we can chat and brag. that a good thing in pvp battle. now we have a simpler way to brag by clicking on the report and that instantly brag in chat that a cool thing. 
      *THE BEACON SYSTEM : its on but still on beta .. this could be a real real good thing if it finally work. being able to know who attacking who in a sector is great. i dont need to wait for my friend to come online to know who bubble him.. so i can retaliate for him right now. 
      *ATTACK LOG : being able to see what your opponent did at what time is crucial.. at 0027 he cast this at 1034 that thing did... etc... that a really cool thing, more info mean more understanding of the game and that way we can improve for the next time. 
      *MULTIPLE ATTACK : being able to attack multiple target at same time is super super great in pvp aspect. being able to kill 3 toon and flat 2 base all at same time that what make a great war. 

*all of them need some love at some point. the beacon system dont really work cause i cannot select a particular target to be in beacon... i dont want all people in my alliance to knwo all about .. what i want is to know if that particular enemy or that particularity ally is attacked and by who. so the beacon need to work as (highlight) if i tag you to be in beacon i will get all war info about you including you attack log.
      *infamy is a big joke. any leader borad that can be manipulated lose all its purpose... ask to braveheart about it ! i can talk about infamy all day long on how broken this system is. its way to easy to manipulate the point, and its way to retarded that a higher lvl lose more over a lower lvl.
      i can write all detail but i will do it in private if you ask

*i want to be able to attack 1 enemy with many ally at same time... so if we gang bang a target all ally should be able to ply at same time (not one after the other) that way we can send multiple platoon form many angle with many player online at same time. the gang bang system atm is 1 after the other .. really boring and time consuming... the 1500 ground and 1400 air should remain but divided among all attacker. 
      *i will love to see a real infamy system THAT WORK !!!! being done. and a TRUE leaderboard with NO CHEATER IN THE DAM LEADERBORD !!!

*i can talk about it for hours... ask me in private for details
      *to easy to manipulate
      *the higher lvl lose more Vs a lower lvl... infamy as it is atm is only for low lvl people... when you reach a certain lvl infamy is over.
      *the reward for pvp is ridiculously low. the medal payout is way way to low. (you boost it recently and it still should be 100x time better than that ! we should earn EXCLUSIVE PRICE FOR PVP ONLY. 
      *the defender got nothing... and it should ! defending is a great part of this game and some people rock on defense. but the way infamy is build atm you just remove all toon inside your base and take the bubble period. no need to lose toon since you dont earn anything from defending !
      *and tehre about 110 more stuff that is wrong about infamy (ask me in private) 

*to be effective a clan in pvp system that work need to have a cap or objective... capture the flag, bubble 3 times each enemy to win. ... something ! cause atm everyone claim to win the fight no matter how bad they lose it... we need a clear victory, we need a purpose, we need price and we need PRIDE in battle... if we defend nothing how could we won something ? if we dont lose anything why fight ? in a war i want to take all what enemy have.... what does he have atm ?? ress... so what he can tak back all ress in minute... he have thorium... so what he can take it back also... what other the enemy have.. oh yes... tiny oil and metal depot.... wooopydoo..... seriously the enemy have nothing valuable to steal and if i kill the enemy 100 time in a row the enemy lose nothing and i earn nothing.... so why starting a war then ? !! i want to hurt my enemy so dam bad that he will not be able to sit for weeks.
    STOP WHINING ABOUT EVERYTHING AND FIND A LEGIT WAY TO ACHIEVE YOUR GOAL ! adapt and overcome ! 
    MAKE CONSTRUCTIVE COMMENT OR DON'T REPLY AT ALL ! 
  • Max Marsh
    Max Marsh
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 259
    what about an auto repair system that we can repair all ground units at same time...this way pvp will be better... and players will start using base defenders.
    Smeep
  • Yves Lenaers
    Yves Lenaers
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 595
    Activity low to non-existing since for allmost a year, like its been stated before no one has the time to do any fighting anymore, its event here, event there, then upgrading (so you dont fall behind,in case of a war that will never happen). So there is a first, cut down event ****, there is plenty of units around now.
    Whats positive at the moment, not really much anymore. Many dont dare to attack anymore as they know they will have a few days worth of repairs in any decent base (so cut down repair time to max 3 hours for a full plat)
    Change see just above, biggest problem repairs.
    New, like i have seen being suggested by several and i have done before bring a kind of clan wars, with real objectives, real prizes (this could also mean that events against computers wouldnt be necesarry anymore) . For exemple divide maps into clan territories which can be conquered
    Infamy, yes the system fails, getting 1 or 2 infamy from 10 bases, while one hit can cost you 100 doesnt sound really fair, and true people being investigated shouldnt lose their infamy if innocent. Also losing infamy to a cheater is something that should be looked into.
  • shininson
    shininson
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 410
    edited 18 Jan 2015, 12:46PM
    1)  would be high...and has been for a long time but most of our members are non coiners so this has been reduced dramatically as lower and even some highers are struggling to keep up with non-pvp type challenges from shadow ops and arctic and normal events since there is so much to do which is non-pvp in the game right now pvp has had to take a back shelf.. or be reduced muchly as never enough platoons for both and never time to fully repair for main events in a war zone...

2) positives for pvp...gotta be said the defence is alot better than it has been for ages...bases are tougher (high level bases anyways 38+) a mixture of the right turrets right units and a nice layout..and your in for a hard time attacking an online player...which... is the way it should be! no matter what anybody says...no base should be a walk in the park..and especially for a player like myself who has played for 3years to get there base and units to where they are!

3) infamy definatly needs revising.. maybe a few more bunkers turrets wouldnt go a miss...mines need a beef up maybe a customisation...how about the blitz..a choice of turrets like the events with them crazy ions? lots of things could help including such likes as older original unit schematics (for things like enforcer gladiator shock tank/trooper fav/flame thrower) this would all help in pvp especially for defence! as i said above keep the defence tough ..it is the way it should be... it is more fun cracking a good base than walking through 20 easy bases air only..fact! just slow down with the non-pvp challenges to give us time to actually play pvp...this is why we play...this is why we have clans..this is why we have war sectors!

4) some kind of capture the flag type thing..this could be entwinded within the groups feature maybe... have a special deposit as a flag that players need to work towards fighting over...maybe give the 'group' who has captured the flag a bonus..make platoons faster...maybe less repair time or more thorium/reso per depo owned...(as in the whole group!) make it worth capturing for the clan... make it interesting to fight over and say...yes..we are winning! or simply...we own this sector!

5) everything..the infamy system needs to be re-worked (maybe so that via the group system you do not gain infamy from a friendly player..so players cant ditch infamy onto a friend...so that the hitter out of the 2 of them.. can lose his/her infamy...simply in order to take more off you...and for the dude that keeps all the infamy because ..not only did he take it from all his friends but he was able to stay bubbled while his...now low infamy friends...go gather more... 

also... how can it be fair that a player gains (alot) of infamy if he lost his whole platoon storage on 1 base...ok some may say he earned it but...if u lose more than me..surely i should get more..than u did!

basically we need a reason to earn infamy! .. the way it is...infamy simply shows how often u hit...or dont...unless of course u ditch the infamy on to a friend!..make it so that players cant take advantage!

6) improve the groups feature ..make it better than any fb group..make it so that it is better to play on kixeye than facebook...this is your game...not facebooks! surely there should be an advatage in using your site!... surely with a few tweaks and a decent 'group' or 'alliance' section...pvp on kix.com would be the way to go for any up coming clan...for any long standing clan..for any alliance that wanted to dominate! (also not forgetting that clans ally to other clans... so make it so that the allied...'groups' can somehow link together in alliance...and if they fallout..well they can de-associate! :D 

To watch my videos simply search for me on facebook- http://www.facebook.com/WarCommanderShininson
  • BABY ME
    BABY ME
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 78
    only have 1 thing can we stop coiners constant attacks with air sometimes have 2 defend against 3 etitan and endless banshees thx u
  • ModKai
    ModKai
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 29
    My clan is at war at least 70% of the week, i am only the brain of the operation.
    Leader of BZRK.
  • Rameau
    Rameau
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 5
    Greetings, Commanders!

I've been playing this game for more than a month now, and I'd like to share my first impressions. My very first impression of the game was very positive, it seemed to be a very intelligent, very challenging strategy game. I had a lot of fun testing different unit combinations for my platoons. But then, I quicky found out I was just wasting my time trying to play War Commander as a strategy game: all my enemies used nothing but Elite Hovertanks in their platoons, and I quickly found out that the only match for an Elite Hovertank in battle is... another Elite Hovertank! Until you are very high level, you have absolutely no choice in this game but to build Elite Hovertanks and nothing but Elite Hovertanks! So finally, what seemed to be an intelligent, challenging strategy game is actually a very simple action game. War Commander consists of nothing but:

1) Upgrading your Elite Hovertanks
    2) Building a lot of Elite Hovertanks
    3) Attacking with your Elite Hovertanks

And whoever has the higher level Elite Hovertanks wins - and that's all there is to this game!

Perhaps Kixeye should consider changing the name of this game to HOVERTANK Commander?

I tried very hard to find a way to beat Elite Hovertanks with a different strategy - because I find that just spamming a single kind of unit is just dull, boring: there's no challenge in that! I tried everything: Elite Mega Tanks, Elite Shock Tanks, Elite Hellfires, Elite Gladiators, Behemoths, missiles - all useless against those Elite Hovertanks the enemy keeps spamming against me. So, finally, I gave up and started building Elite Hovertanks myself - and now I'm bored and quite disappointed. I mean: what is the point of offering the players so many choices of units when they are all completely useless in battle, since every single one of your enemies uses nothing but invincible Elite Hovertanks? And most important of all: what is the fun of playing a game in which all it takes to win is upgrading a single unit and building it in large numbers? Even an idiot can do that - which means that, given enough time, even an idiot can win in War Commander just by upgrading and spamming Elite Hovertanks - and, therefore, as far as strategy goes, victory in War Commander is quite pointless!

So finally, my overall first impression is that this game is actually false advertising, because there is very little strategy about it with Elite Hovertanks being the only possible choice of unit! It is actually a very simple action game - and honestly, if I wanted to play a dull action game, I'd be playing something else...

Fellow Commanders, what are your thoughts about those Elite Hovertanks?
  • jimi rebel
    jimi rebel
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2014 Posts: 32
    i think it would be cool to have a clan battle system, matching up teams and players like they have in clash of clans 
  • Doggone Devious
    Doggone Devious
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 401
    Clan Leaders,

Thanks

CM Sulaco
    !. To our clan, PVP is the reason we play. We balance our war time with a random sector hit for a week, then jump back to home sector for a week or so for upgrades and events. When at war, it is constant PVP. When in the home sector, we occasionally bash each other testing like the go go bar can't.  Obviously, we would PVP more if the repair times weren't so punishing.
    5. The infamy lost to a similar level Player who has less infamy is simply being exploited by players dumping infamy before jumping in to the sector. A set amount for each star no matter the level or within a level range such as 34-38 or 39-43, would be more fair. Infamy should be awarded to the defender who successfully repels the attack. Each attack. ie. If a player attacks a base and gets 1 star, that leaves 2 stars that were successfully defended. If a player gets a 3 star in one attack, award double. IMHO, a 1 star is not really successful in regards to his intent, but is the intent of the defender. Awarding 1 point per star will not be rewarding. The balance is swayed by the second star whether it be the defender or attacker so the points should be rewarded by who gets their intent.
  • lakenheath
    lakenheath
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 7
    infamy means nothing for me unless its from kixeye.you put bases out that are so difficult to most people.its enough with events and upgrade times,to waste money attacking another player doesnt make any sense ,with all the cheats and hacks,attacking high inamy players is a good money maker for you,but not to the normal guy.first there was infamy ,then there came banning because of it.give infamy for event levels or just playin this game without attacking another player
    earnest c bradley
  • brian.korst
    brian.korst
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 3
    Infamy needs to be more balanced...  If I'm a lvl 35- 100% destroy a lvl 40 and receive 50 infamy, then he 100% me and gets 60 infamy.  There is something wrong with that.
  • brian.korst
    brian.korst
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 3
    edited 13 Mar 2015, 4:53PM
    It's also ridiculous that some rogue bases are made harder than we can possibly make ours.  To me, that is the creators cheating at the game. 
  • Fury_x
    Fury_x
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jul 2014 Posts: 1,539
    edited 29 Mar 2015, 12:15AM
    we are being invaded right now and we are moderated pvpers 

but losing so much on a overpowered bases and getting days of repair just takes away the fun

i see now that every base has removed its defenders because they are afraid of the repair bill 

either make our current units stronger / or less repair time and less gold ,and please enough with all the new defense platforms 
    that will help allot 

thanks 
    say what again !
  • twebba
    twebba
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2014 Posts: 47
    Rameau said:
    Greetings, Commanders!

I've been playing this game for more than a month now, and I'd like to share my first impressions. My very first impression of the game was very positive, it seemed to be a very intelligent, very challenging strategy game. I had a lot of fun testing different unit combinations for my platoons. But then, I quicky found out I was just wasting my time trying to play War Commander as a strategy game: all my enemies used nothing but Elite Hovertanks in their platoons, and I quickly found out that the only match for an Elite Hovertank in battle is... another Elite Hovertank! Until you are very high level, you have absolutely no choice in this game but to build Elite Hovertanks and nothing but Elite Hovertanks! So finally, what seemed to be an intelligent, challenging strategy game is actually a very simple action game. War Commander consists of nothing but:

1) Upgrading your Elite Hovertanks
    2) Building a lot of Elite Hovertanks
    3) Attacking with your Elite Hovertanks

And whoever has the higher level Elite Hovertanks wins - and that's all there is to this game!

Perhaps Kixeye should consider changing the name of this game to HOVERTANK Commander?

I tried very hard to find a way to beat Elite Hovertanks with a different strategy - because I find that just spamming a single kind of unit is just dull, boring: there's no challenge in that! I tried everything: Elite Mega Tanks, Elite Shock Tanks, Elite Hellfires, Elite Gladiators, Behemoths, missiles - all useless against those Elite Hovertanks the enemy keeps spamming against me. So, finally, I gave up and started building Elite Hovertanks myself - and now I'm bored and quite disappointed. I mean: what is the point of offering the players so many choices of units when they are all completely useless in battle, since every single one of your enemies uses nothing but invincible Elite Hovertanks? And most important of all: what is the fun of playing a game in which all it takes to win is upgrading a single unit and building it in large numbers? Even an idiot can do that - which means that, given enough time, even an idiot can win in War Commander just by upgrading and spamming Elite Hovertanks - and, therefore, as far as strategy goes, victory in War Commander is quite pointless!

So finally, my overall first impression is that this game is actually false advertising, because there is very little strategy about it with Elite Hovertanks being the only possible choice of unit! It is actually a very simple action game - and honestly, if I wanted to play a dull action game, I'd be playing something else...

Fellow Commanders, what are your thoughts about those Elite Hovertanks?
    wow really i only have 13 hovers cause they are crap and die too fast and so long to repair i could go on a cruise and come back in time for them to be finished repairing
  • eminem87
    eminem87
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 24

Changes I would like are:

1) gogo bar tests....when you use them and they destroy your defenders and building you have full repair times, there should be no repair times as this is only a test, aren't tests to see where weak points are? how can you do this with many hours of repairs each time.

2) emp/shock mines.... mines are always good, however having shock/emp mines in certain areas will be a lot more useful than shaped charge mines for example.

3) Repair times.... building times is one thing but it is stupid having to wait a few hours to a few days after attacking 1 person, even halving these would improve PvP overall.

4) attacking time.... okay so most of the times the timer runs out which is annoying, so if the timer can extend after you take 1 star, then 2 star etc this way players can get more time in attacking and people who just hold player bases wont gain extra time.

5) infamy.... there should be infamy gained to the defender if the attacker fails to get 1 star that way the infamy shows a true reading of PvP rating. Also there should be a percentage decrease hitting a player 4 or more level below you, like a lvl 40 hitting a lvl 30.

That will make PvP better in my opinion.

• GEN.ZOOL
    GEN.ZOOL
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 67
    I am being harassed and bullied by a specific player (Black_People). He is a racist and has been attacking me and my allies for a week so far. I suggest that a Private server is made (friends only).
    "Only through peace, honour and morality will we shape the Earth."
    GEN.ZOOL
This discussion has been closed.