Lags problem.

ursus71
ursus71
Incursion Leader
Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 1,157
edited 7 Dec 2014, 12:16PM
Lags are our bigger enemy in this game. Just after Kixeye and its toys ;)

Ok i have discussion with Scrap Metal about cause of the Lags.

He is saying that this is classical Lags because of weak Kixeye servers (in short)
I agree with that in some part. But not in 100%

I have theory that this game uses mainly CPU to do the work and no or very little use of GPU or memory
He has PC 4 times faster than mine and he has Lags. His internet connection is 2,5 times faster than mine.
But he also uses Xeon CPU and I normal Intel Q6600 Q9450 I5 and I7

In my observation i noticed that I7 CPU works almost with no lags.
I5 has minimal Lags
Q6600 has very high lags and Q9450 is now testing

SO lets start from the beginning.

When battle begins i noticed that CPU usage is growing. Up to the moment when Air coming from the cooller is very hot and that's when lags begins. Just after the battle air back to the normal and it's cool again. And of course no lags.
The more units in the game the bigger CPU usage and the air is hotter.

I uses PC with Q6600 (i switched CPU to Q9450 but cooler is to small to it so i wait for new one to get proper cooling ).
Now with this old Cooler PC works fine but when battle is on the way it shot down and after restart i have information about overheating CPU

Laptop with I5 has almost no lags but air become very hot as i told before.
Laptop with I7 has almost zero Lags and air is hot also.

Both Laptops have 4GB RAM and PC has 8GB so the worse computer has highest amount of RAM
Laptops have typical GPU PC has Nvidia 460 so GPU is better on PC

Scrap Metal PC uses Intel Xeon e5 CPU which is very good CPU but Xeon have different architecture than normal PC CPU and maybe this game works bad with Xeon also.

So i have question to all of you

can you confirm that?

Check your CPU usage when lags begins and before/after that than share with us with the results.
ALso please tell us your PC configuration.

This thread is not to prove that we have crap PC but to prove that this game has major problems with coding. With that clue maybe kixeye will find solution faster. I hope they will do.

I have lags when there is 60k users online and when there is 100k there is no difference for me. Always when battle is on the way and always there is very hot CPU . I tested it on different time and different place with different internet connection. Always the same. Only Laptop PC stays the same.
Need help with Warcommander check this 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJhIUFoHYHhgkThQsediNkQ/feed

if you don't find what you looking for post me, i will try to help.

• BaBeRuth09
    BaBeRuth09
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 23
    ursus71 said:
    Lags are our bigger enemy in this game. Just after Kixeye and its toys ;)

Ok i have discussion with Scrap Metal about cause of the Lags.

He is saying that this is classical Lags because of weak Kixeye servers (in short)
    I agree with that in some part. But not in 100%

I have theory that this game uses mainly CPU to do the work and no or very little use of GPU or memory
    He has PC 4 times faster than mine and he has Lags. His internet connection is 2,5 times faster than mine.
    But he also uses Xeon CPU and I normal Intel Q6600 Q9450 I5 and I7

In my observation i noticed that I7 CPU works almost with no lags.
    I5 has minimal Lags
    Q6600 has very high lags and Q9450 is now testing

SO lets start from the beginning.

When battle begins i noticed that CPU usage is growing. Up to the moment when Air coming from the cooller is very hot and that's when lags begins. Just after the battle air back to the normal and it's cool again. And of course no lags.
    The more units in the game the bigger CPU usage and the air is hotter.

I uses PC with Q6600 (i switched CPU to Q9450 but cooler is to small to it so i wait for new one to get proper cooling ).
    Now with this old Cooler PC works fine but when battle is on the way it shot down and after restart i have information about overheating CPU

Laptop with I5 has almost no lags but air become very hot as i told before.
    Laptop with I7 has almost zero Lags and air is hot also.

Both Laptops have 4GB RAM and PC has 8GB so the worse computer has highest amount of RAM
    Laptops have typical GPU PC has Nvidia 460 so GPU is better on PC

Scrap Metal PC uses Intel Xeon e5 CPU which is very good CPU but Xeon have different architecture than normal PC CPU and maybe this game works bad with Xeon also.

So i have question to all of you

can you confirm that?

Check your CPU usage when lags begins and before/after that than share with us with the results.
    ALso please tell us your PC configuration.

This thread is not to prove that we have crap PC but to prove that this game has major problems with coding. With that clue maybe kixeye will find solution faster. I hope they will do.

I have lags when there is 60k users online and when there is 100k there is no difference for me. Always when battle is on the way and always there is very hot CPU . I tested it on different time and different place with different internet connection. Always the same. Only Laptop PC stays the same.
    Xeon processors are what Kixeye's servers use and have the same architecture basically as other cpu's made by Intel. The fact is Xeon processors are far better than other Intel processors. Lag is due to client/server demand and the instability of Flash Player. I am 100% certain it's the quality and quantity of Kixeye's servers ( possibly older Proliant servers ) that are the cause of the game lag. I work for HP and they most likely use our servers. 
  • ursus71
    ursus71
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 1,157
    So please tell me why i have only lags when there is a lot of stuff fighting and why my CPU is overheating. And why only there Lags appear. I know the stronger CPU the better. OK . SO why Xeon E5 have lags and my I7 don't? My I7 is worse than Xeon E5?

I don't argue with you i just look for explanation.
    I play from Poland so i;m far from servers and my ping is around 300 all the time and i don't have lags. But when battle begins ... as i said CPU is hot lags appear.
    Need help with Warcommander check this 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJhIUFoHYHhgkThQsediNkQ/feed

if you don't find what you looking for post me, i will try to help.

• Q Rich
    Q Rich
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2010 Posts: 37,470
    seems like this thread would be better suited reposting in the correct section for the game.
    Please do not contact me directly by Chat or via posts on my profile page. If I cannot deal with it on the forums, it should be taken straight to Support.