major delays loading the site since last site skin update

NUKE_2212
NUKE_2212
Minor Nuisance
Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 179
Seems to have been about a week ago now..  When the new top-bar went into effect the site takes forever to load (15-30seconds for a forum page).  I'm also encountering issues with the browser freezing while accessing the site.

Anyone else seeing this?
Frank, open discussion regarding BP and other games (more to come)
  • Q Rich
    Q Rich
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2010 Posts: 37,470
    you have a large number of friends, that may be the cause, but what browser are you using? is it Chrome?
    Please do not contact me directly by Chat or via posts on my profile page. If I cannot deal with it on the forums, it should be taken straight to Support.
  • NUKE_2212
    NUKE_2212
    Minor Nuisance
    I'm using Chrome yes.   I've tried a few different PC's and different internet connections..

Can I disable the chat if friends are an issue?
  • NUKE_2212
    NUKE_2212
    Minor Nuisance
    disabled chat,  still laggy....  any other suggestions?  I thought having friends was kind of the purpose of the community/features :)

• Q Rich
    Q Rich
    Unicorn Overlord
    Can you try using Firefox, and if you use a lot of tabs when browsing try reducing the amount you have.
    Please do not contact me directly by Chat or via posts on my profile page. If I cannot deal with it on the forums, it should be taken straight to Support.
  • NUKE_2212
    NUKE_2212
    Minor Nuisance
    i'll give it a go... 
    For the record playing on facebook has no lag,  i'll report back after I test firefox tonight
  • NUKE_2212
    NUKE_2212
    Minor Nuisance
    firefox didnt help.. but showed where the issue is
    har.png 26.8K
  • NUKE_2212
    NUKE_2212
    Minor Nuisance
    edited 19 Nov 2014, 10:29PM
    I think the popup was from flash not being fully loaded...  Still suffering with this, I have been playing on FB to avoid the lag,  but that crashes after a few hours..

Since i'm not getting a response here I will open this up as an official support ticket.

scratch that... can't get to the general support form ....  
  • Q Rich
    Q Rich
    Unicorn Overlord
    NUKE_2212 said:
    I think the popup was from flash not being fully loaded...  Still suffering with this, I have been playing on FB to avoid the lag,  but that crashes after a few hours..

Since i'm not getting a response here I will open this up as an official support ticket.

try clearing your cache and deleting kixeye.com cookies, does that allow you to get to the form?

also, try going direct to: https://helpcenter.kixeye.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=21877

for the error, thanks for posting it I am passing that onto the team to look into.

• NUKE_2212
    NUKE_2212
    Minor Nuisance
    edited 20 Nov 2014, 12:41PM
    Q Rich said:
    NUKE_2212 said:

try clearing your cache and deleting kixeye.com cookies, does that allow you to get to the form?

also, try going direct to: https://helpcenter.kixeye.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=21877

for the error, thanks for posting it I am passing that onto the team to look into.

That link works, and takes me to the Battle Pirates support page (which isn't relevant for Site-wide issues?  I can open a ticket there i suppose).

Cache/cookies are not the issue.  I tried in Firefox and IE with the same results (I installed Firefox for testing this.. and IE I never use).

Incidentally I got the same JavaScript warning error on IE. 

While I was typing this reply, I had the site freeze a few times,  each time the CPU usage for kixeye.com spiked to 25% (I have a quad core, apparently it is limited to 1 of the 4 cores per thread).  see the attached image. (captured mid cycle)  

I did confirm its not the game itself, as I can play on Facebook without any lag in chrome. this just started after the most recent site update (the new grey bar at the top) and was working prior.   

Also the image was taken without me having the game open ..

• Q Rich
    Q Rich
    Unicorn Overlord
    That Javascript error isn't the reason why you have had support form access issues. I get it, or similar, as well.

It might be the cause for the site being slow though, and the team has been alerted to it. And even if it isn't the rot cause, fixing that will help us all.

Let's keep the support form issue in one of the other threads you've posted in, and keep this one for the site being slow.
  • NUKE_2212
    NUKE_2212
    Minor Nuisance
    No problem.    will you post when that error has been rectified?   I'll look into why chrome doesn't report it.. otherwise just randomly test the site with IE or FF
  • Q Rich
    Q Rich
    Unicorn Overlord
    If I have something that i can pass on, yes.
  • NUKE_2212
    NUKE_2212
    Minor Nuisance
    Q Rich said:
    If I have something that i can pass on, yes.
    Ok,  seems i am not getting the script popup but I did still have the cpu spikes,   firefox and IE did this as well as chrome on my other testing machine (2008 server box).   All spiked to 25-26% cpu.

• Q Rich
    Q Rich
    Unicorn Overlord
    I've heard back from the devs, there is a fix getting released early in the week which will hopefully address this issue
  • NUKE_2212
    NUKE_2212
    Minor Nuisance
    cool looking forward to it
  • Q Rich
    Q Rich
    Unicorn Overlord
    Ok we released an update yesterday and things seem to be running smoother for me at the moment, are things better for you?
  • NUKE_2212
    NUKE_2212
    Minor Nuisance
    Seems much better, thanks!
  • Q Rich
    Q Rich
    Unicorn Overlord
    awesome, thanks for confirming.
This discussion has been closed.