War Commander: KIXEYE Groups

CM Sulaco
CM Sulaco
Incursion Leader
Joined May 2014 Posts: 1,448
edited 30 Jul 2014, 9:06PM
Commander,

We are pleased to announce Groups, a brand new Beta Feature for War Commander on KIXEYE.com. With Groups, you can invite your allies, discuss strategy, and keep close tabs on your enemies. Leave feedback via our WC Covert Ops Mission: KIXEYE Groups Survey here

Below is a breakdown of how the new feature works:

Creating and Joining a Group

You can directly access groups here: http://www.kixeye.com/groups
To create a Group, navigate to the Groups homepage by clicking on the Top Nav or by using the button in your profile.

Next, click the Create Group button and fill out your Group information. Groups can be either Public (anyone can join), Private (members must be invited or apply), or Secret (must be invited and will not be listed anywhere except under My Groups).

You can also browse and join preexisting Groups on the Groups homepage.

Sector Groups

All War Commander players who use KIXEYE.com will automatically be placed in a Sector Group. If you switch Sectors, your Sector Group will switch automatically.

Discussion Tabs

After joining a Group or creating your Group, you will notice two Discussion Tabs: Groups News and Strategy. These are to focus your conversation on specific topics. From here, you can post updates, pictures, comment on other posts, or like any post. Admins can create as many Discussions as they wish. If you have more than four, use the arrows on the left to scroll between tabs. Admins can also create an Event. An Event is the same as a Discussion, but will also include a countdown timer that will countdown to the start of the event. Then once it begins, it will reset and countdown to the end of the event. 

You can manage Discussions either by clicking the three dots on the tab (for Admins only) or by clicking on the Cog and clicking Manage Discussions. From here you can hide tabs you are not interested in, and if you are an Admin you can archive a tab (locks it from any posting), as well as edit or delete it. 

Lists

For every Discussion, you can create multiple Player Lists. These are managed by an Admin and are used to track friends and enemies alike. List names and order are 100% customizable by an Admin. Add someone to your List and you will be able to see their War Commander Sector and Infamy count. Click the Scout button to load the game. Click the Dossier button and get a feed for that specific user. From here you can post battle tactics, screenshots, and strategy on how to destroy that specific player.

Group Management 

You can see all the members in your Group by clicking on the Group Management icon.

You can sort members by clicking any of the categories in the table. Click on the checkboxes to perform the bulk actions of Promote (Admins only), Boot (Admins only), and Chat. You can also see a definition of all the admin rights for each Group role.

For a private Group, any Group member can invite any War Commander player on KIXEYE.com. Once they accept the invite, they will be a Recruit and have read-access to the Group. An Admin will have to promote them to the rank of Sergeant in order for them to post. If a player applies to be in your Group, they will be the rank of Applicant, and will have no access to your Group. Once an Admin accepts them, they will automatically be the rank of Sergeant and be able to post.

Attack Beacon

Once you join a non-sector War Commander Group, you will see the new Attack Beacon icon in the top nav. When anyone in your Group gets attacked, the Attack Beacon will pulse red. Click on it and it will display who is getting attacked, which Group they are a member of, and where (sector and coordinates) they are being attacked. Click the Scout button to launch the game. You can turn this feature off per Group by clicking on the cog, as well as turn it 100% off from the Settings Page.

Group Chat

When you join a Public, Private or Secret Group, you will be automatically placed into a Group Chat. You can find your Group Chat in the chat listing. If you wish to leave the Group Chat, you can do so from Chat Settings.

Inline image 1

Feedback

This feature is still in Beta and we will be improving the user experience as well as adding tons of additional features, including Leaderboards, Polls, Video Support, Pic Badges, Voice Chat, additional game support, and more. Please post your feedback in the forum. We hope you enjoy it!

• Dave95938
    Dave95938
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 300

Could prove to be interesting. Will have to try it out for a bit before making any judgement.

• Make_Me
    Make_Me
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 4,643

look promising :) but what happen if we do have friends that play only on facebook ?? 

STOP WHINING ABOUT EVERYTHING AND FIND A LEGIT WAY TO ACHIEVE YOUR GOAL ! adapt and overcome ! 
    MAKE CONSTRUCTIVE COMMENT OR DON'T REPLY AT ALL ! 
  • Dave95938
    Dave95938
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 300

I don't play WC and I was placed in "War Commander Sector 90" group. How can I remove myself from this group?

Go to page...where it says "joined" go to that tab. There will be a leave page option.

• Make_Me
    Make_Me
    Unicorn Overlord

yes .. but my point here is some people do have multiple account (one on kixeye and another on facebook)

i can invite the player A that have the account 1 on kixeye... 
    but the same player A with his account 2 on facebook .. what happen to that account ?? 

the member will be the (player A with the account no1) so he will get access to the group page chat and so on and get notification... 
    but when the player A will be on his account 2.... he will NOT get all those notification (beacon warning)

that my point ;) 

so my question is what happen to multi account user ? 
    can a facbook account can be added to kixeye.com if we are already register with both (kixeye and fcaebook) do we end up with 2 kixeye account ??

Make_Me said:

look promising :) but what happen if we do have friends that play only on facebook ?? 

You tell them to switch to Kixeye

STOP WHINING ABOUT EVERYTHING AND FIND A LEGIT WAY TO ACHIEVE YOUR GOAL ! adapt and overcome ! 
  • Brandon Keeler
    Brandon Keeler
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2011 Posts: 1,185
    Dave95938 said:

I don't play WC and I was placed in "War Commander Sector 90" group. How can I remove myself from this group?

Go to page...where it says "joined" go to that tab. There will be a leave page option.

Cant find it, mind posting a screenshot?

• Danger-DD
    Danger-DD
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 1,726
    Make_Me said:

yes .. but my point here is some people do have multiple account (one on kixeye and another on facebook)

i can invite the player A that have the account 1 on kixeye... 
    but the same player A with his account 2 on facebook .. what happen to that account ?? 

the member will be the (player A with the account no1) so he will get access to the group page chat and so on and get notification... 
    but when the player A will be on his account 2.... he will NOT get all those notification (beacon warning)

that my point ;) 

so my question is what happen to multi account user ? 
    can a facbook account can be added to kixeye.com if we are already register with both (kixeye and fcaebook) do we end up with 2 kixeye account ??

Make_Me said:

You tell them to switch to Kixeye

I completely agree Make_Me, an alliance feature should be in game and not related to the platform.  Under the Terms kixeye have provided a player can only have 1 account per platform, if a player has their main account on facebook and a mini on kixeye, the only way to enjoy this new feature would be to transfer their main account to kixeye (if that is possible) yet by doing so we would breach the terms set out by kixeye and risk losing both accounts...

"War is the province of Danger." - Carl von Clausewitz
  • WISHYOUWOULD
    WISHYOUWOULD
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 912

you plagiarised my whole team..we have been the greasers for years..you will be hearing from our attorney

great idea

WishYouWould
  • Spaceobject
    Spaceobject
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 239

This is labeled covert ops, should it be in the general discussion area?

Adv Msns: All Completed

Units Not Owned: Viper, Elite Spectra

• War-chess
    War-chess
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 1,500

This is labeled covert ops, should it be in the general discussion area?

Sorted  :)

Just because you "Choose" to pay money does "NOT" entitle you to special treatment.  

MODERATORS / Not KIXEYE EMPLOYEE  ♛

G+ Wc fan page / War Commander /Freedom flyers (FB) 

Youtube channel  = JANNO COUNSELL aka XxJANNOxX
  • VultureSix
    VultureSix
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 2,732

How do you remove yourself from the sector group if possible ? (Please don't say jumping to another sector)

A shoe company wanted to start business in a 3rd World nation. It sent two of its finest business development managers to assess the possibilities independently. When they came back the board of directors had a big problem. In front of them were the two reports. The first report said: "We'll get rich selling our shoes, they're all  walking barefoot." But the second report said:"We won't sell any shoes there, they're all walking barefoot...."
  • War-chess
    War-chess
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 1,500

How do you remove yourself from the sector group if possible ? (Please don't say jumping to another sector)

you can not its a default system 

Just because you "Choose" to pay money does "NOT" entitle you to special treatment.  

MODERATORS / Not KIXEYE EMPLOYEE  ♛

G+ Wc fan page / War Commander /Freedom flyers (FB) 

Youtube channel  = JANNO COUNSELL aka XxJANNOxX
  • Yunths
    Yunths
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 80

Its not the clan system i'am still hoping for, but definitely a step in the right direction :)

There is always an opposite way to look at al of our WC misery: https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/comment/4130723#Comment_4130723
  • MidnightCommand
    MidnightCommand
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 93

Nancy Adams-Campbell 

now this is cool, after playing for so many years, this makes this game more fun. I like this group, not sure I am going to like being automatically added to my sector's group, as I like being incognito there, but we'll see how that goes. but thanks for creating this group on kixeye, thanks to kixeye for having a good idea, and now finally the game has refreshed itself and taken a step up. kudos to all.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/FreedomFlyers/619303218182837/?comment_id=619305574849268&notif_t=group_comment 

• Make_Me
    Make_Me
    Unicorn Overlord
    edited 30 Jul 2014, 1:25AM

its really bad in fact to be added to something you dotn want to .. especially if you jump from sector to sector you will always be added to the new sector page.. so let say you jump into enemy sector.. well guess what everyone notice you as soon as you jump. its not really cool tactically speaking. 

this is still beta test but i do hope that we will be able to remove ourself from unwanted sector group ... 

and by the way .. who is the (admin) for the sector group page if all people in sector is added by default who run the sector group ?? 

War-chess said:

you can not its a default system 

• AA-82
    AA-82
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 14,966
    I find this a little strange as a lot players choose the facebook platform due to ease of communication amongst clans or sector allies due to no alliance feature being provided by kixeye.  Now there is one what are the players on facebook supposed to do?  The Attack beacon sounds like a great idea and seems like a shame it couldn't be implemented across all platforms.

You tell them to log in to Kixeye using their FB. Playing on Kixeye is better anyway.

Danger-DD said:

I completely agree Make_Me, an alliance feature should be in game and not related to the platform.  Under the Terms kixeye have provided a player can only have 1 account per platform, if a player has their main account on facebook and a mini on kixeye, the only way to enjoy this new feature would be to transfer their main account to kixeye (if that is possible) yet by doing so we would breach the terms set out by kixeye and risk losing both accounts...

There was a post by a CM a couple of weeks ago - it only matters where you create the account - you can link them all to Kixeye.com after they have been created.

You cannot use them together to gain a gameplay advantage.

- Now that Banshee wingmen are back, what unit are you going to whine about next?
    - No, you can't have the preview password unless it is posted as a sticky at the top of the forum.
    - No, you can't have the large thorium level locked. They tried that & it was an epic failure.
    - No, you can't be unbanned by posting that you don't cheat on the forum.
    - Yes, once you hit level 30 you are in the "shark tank" & everybody else can bubble you. Suck it up, Buttercup, you won't be a level 30 forever.
  • OLDdirtyB4ST4D
    OLDdirtyB4ST4D
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 174

ok im realy  into this addition but does it only count if those u add play on kix or fb aswell i think the becon which seems a good idea but when in war which me and my guys allways are then it will just be a pain in the rear with it poping up every 5 seconds lol is there a way to turn off the feature?

• OLDdirtyB4ST4D
    OLDdirtyB4ST4D
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 174

THIS IS STILL IN GENREL DISSCUSION?

• PSYCHO__SF
    PSYCHO__SF
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 4,135

THIS IS STILL IN GENREL DISSCUSION?

its not a covert op.

• The real Blodgett
    The real Blodgett
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 1,154

I'm torn on this concept.  Yes it's a step in the right direction but should in no way be platform specific.  It should be related to the game and not the platform it runs on.  It is 100% absolutely useless for my clan and I.  I play through kixeye.com as does 1 other clan member.  Every other clan member plays through facebook and there is no way for them to join the group.

• The real Blodgett
    The real Blodgett
    Incursion Leader
    War-chess said:

I'm torn on this concept.  Yes it's a step in the right direction but should in no way be platform specific.  It should be related to the game and not the platform it runs on.  It is 100% absolutely useless for my clan and I.  I play through kixeye.com as does 1 other clan member.  Every other clan member plays through facebook and there is no way for them to join the group.

its probably time to sync the fb account to kixeye?

Most of my clan has 0 interest in syncing their accounts.  They see little to no reason to do so.

• matthew.brown.121
    matthew.brown.121
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 581
    edited 30 Jul 2014, 2:44AM

useless since all my 500+ friends play on facebook looks great but a little to complicated and useless  for those that dont check forums or play on facebook 

Mercy is for the weak. 

• The real Blodgett
    The real Blodgett
    Incursion Leader
    War-chess said:

its probably time to sync the fb account to kixeye?

Most of my clan has 0 interest in syncing their accounts.  They see little to no reason to do so.

This may give them a reason of doing so

One would think so...but I doubt it.  Again, the entire process should be built into the game itself....not a platform it runs on.  I'm willing to bet that there 8 or 9 out of 10 players are facebook players.  Hell, my sector is full 99% of the time and yet there are only 17 players in my sector group out of how many players per sector.  17!!!!!  That's a horrible ratio.  There are just too many issues with having the separate platforms that can't work together, from inability to friend players across the 3 platforms to only facebook players being allowed to use preview servers.  Now they create a quasi-alliance/clan system but only players on kixeye.com can use it.  So how to players on facebook or Google+ use it....oh yeah....that's right....they can't.  

Again, it's a great start to something good....but it needs to be rethought..

• arandict
    arandict
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2014 Posts: 18

Would be nice if when creating list, such as the list of people you want to scout,  keep logs on,  or add to like a hit list that you could add all players on your sector,  right now you can only add kixeye members,  I can understand having the groups on just kixeye platform because of the programing involved to put it on facebook but there has to be a way that you can add any player to your list,  by sector name or even coords!