shadowdead
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 17

hit a vega 33 

• SteelSteve
    SteelSteve
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 1,684

33s - 40s have them on the battleships - the little balls after the battle :p

I NEED ZYNTHIUM!!!    UID 5439584
  • Mr Asmo
    Mr Asmo
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 30

Definitely seems to be a money making exercise for kix rather than offering anything useful to the players.  A shield that most likely no one is going to use, a weapon that is almost 4 times slower than the plasma torpedo and a ship that is marginally better than a fury.

• Lucivero
    Lucivero
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 1,351
    Mr Asmo said:

Definitely seems to be a money making exercise for kix rather than offering anything useful to the players.  A shield that most likely no one is going to use, a weapon that is almost 4 times slower than the plasma torpedo and a ship that is marginally better than a fury.

The shield sucks, i agree with you on that.

The creeper torps however, 2,5x better than torp 5s in terms of DPS:mass, if you target them right they'll shred bases way faster than torps can do, especially with the extra AoE range.

And the ship is quite a lot better than furies, the extra base combat speed might make them fast enough to outrun mag 5 projectiles in bases ;)

• Typo91
    Typo91
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 126

I unlocked the ship, and it claims to have 6 weapons slots, on the mouse over in the ship factory hull selection.

• Mr Asmo
    Mr Asmo
    Potential Threat

Fury has 6 weapon slots as well.  Will have to wait until someone gives feedback on how the new torp goes.

• S N A K E F A N G
    S N A K E F A N G
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 106
    Lucivero said:
    Mr Asmo said:

The shield sucks, i agree with you on that.

The creeper torps however, 2,5x better than torp 5s in terms of DPS:mass, if you target them right they'll shred bases way faster than torps can do, especially with the extra AoE range.

And the ship is quite a lot better than furies, the extra base combat speed might make them fast enough to outrun mag 5 projectiles in bases ;)

Mags 5 will catch the tails section of the dread .....without fail everytime.... i assure you of that

• Typo9I
    Typo9I
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 17

The Shield is better in every way then Spec III, and Deflector III 

And probably beats a Shock III any time you ever a hit from anything other then explosive.

I've been trying the shield already, i think its great.

Creepers have 1 major problem... 90 degree spread... they are so random, and less range then torpedoes.

I am sure someone will  figure out something cool with them, but for my current level, i can barley put 2 of them on any ship, and 2 of them does a lot of nothing with that silly spread.

The dread is better in every way then the fury... (who cares about cargo space?)

Faster
    Turns faster
    more mass
    6 guns (same as fury)
    more HP (i think)

• Imperial Fists
    Imperial Fists
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 132

I think spammers will love this new meta shield.

Vega Conflict L46 
  • jimmymcgoochie
    jimmymcgoochie
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 2,164

Torpedo has a high DPS and fairly moderate weight and range, I can see it as a slow base destroying weapon even if it is a bit inaccurate. The shield is OK, but nothing special really judging purely from stats- I haven't made one yet to try it out. 

My VC story: 
    Vega Conflict-er since closed beta phase 1, back when torpedo harriers ruled the sector.
    BP- started in the black sea days, then the game died...
    WC- started pre-World Map, then everything went downhill.

My BP story series:
    https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/202668
    https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/239790
    https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/466086 (in progress).

• Shane McKenna
    Shane McKenna
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 6,314

I just had a guy lose a second fleet of Furys, with the creeper torpedoes, in my base and only doing 25% damage.

He had prepped with 6 revs, which all died, and he hit me the other day not long after the event started with the same Furys.

The torpedoes are not that good.

• shadow228
    shadow228
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 887

I just had a guy lose a second fleet of Furys, with the creeper torpedoes, in my base and only doing 25% damage.

He had prepped with 6 revs, which all died, and he hit me the other day not long after the event started with the same Furys.

No, just because the pilot is **** doesn't mean the weapon is.

• SuperAlien
    SuperAlien
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 54
    edited 2 Feb 2014, 5:02PM

this was shared to a similar post of mine earlier.

• john.kendrick.90
    john.kendrick.90
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 44

Which also means we don't REALLY need a significant buff to bases.  Before the penultimate update bases were practically untouchable (for ppl with just the slightest know how on how to play the game) so the update changed things to put slightly more power in GOOD fleets, I admit a fleet of REVS can do massive damage, but im 33, I was attacked by a 38 with 6REVS and it took my base to 40% (including the bridge) but I have so much more CM upgrading to do with them all at IX.

I think ppl get way to over protective over their bases.  So what if their bases can 'NOW' be penetrated a little, a good design and 6 REVS or APOCS will NEVER 100% it.  That means there is a certain amount of balance to me.

• CombatWolf
    CombatWolf
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 550

theintended purpose of these things are as an aggressive defense for snipers. sniping ships (like md battleships or destroyers) have no defense from close ships. to keep them safe, these guns create a wall of explosives that keep the enemies from getting close, allowing one to continuue sniping and to not be killed by pesky voyagers with pulse rays

• GameHat
    GameHat
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 361
    edited 3 Feb 2014, 2:31AM

Seems like a fire and forget weapon. As in you keep circling around avoiding fire, and the torps spread and AOE basically means they hit the whole base in one go (rather than focusing down a single structure/CM). Definitely a double edged sword, especially if you're staying within the enemies firing range and they have stuff that won't miss, though less so if they rely on projectile and explosive.

In fleet though probably less useful unless used as a mass-equipped wall of mines, maybe with some hard-hitting ships to act as decoys/herders, or to retreat behind them as a protective barrier that enemies can't get through easily. Could imagine them being OP if we could force-fire on a position :P

And shield seems heaps useful to me, within it's tech range (it's a level 1 after all). My guess,  they made the shield the cheapest cause it's meant to be the prize for lower level players, who will be fighting only 27's and probably working hard at just that, taking the full event time just to reach that 50,000. 

For higher levels attacking the 30's to 45's they have the creeper(a blueprint lvl 2, so equivalent in balance/usefulness to that), and for those up on the very top taking down 45's to 55's your goal is meant to be the dread, the other prizes obviously outmatched at that stage by the higher level tech you already have unlocked.... but that's just my guess.

Here's hoping they do a higher level creeper torp in a later event, simply cause it's so **** funny to watch XD

3 chins, 3 teams, one victor;
  • Superbeedy
    Superbeedy
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 413

The thing is Even if its against a base, the creeper torpedos have a timer before they explode by themselves. So in order for them to fire and hit the base with their slow speed, your ships are going to have to be in relatively close, and that leaves you vulnerable to beam lasers

When you
    fail… Don’t Blame Lag

• CombatWolf
    CombatWolf
    Skilled Warrior

The thing is Even if its against a base, the creeper torpedos have a timer before they explode by themselves. So in order for them to fire and hit the base with their slow speed, your ships are going to have to be in relatively close, and that leaves you vulnerable to beam lasers

thats why we have shields made specifically for stoping energy weapons, they are called diffuser shields and spectral shields :P

• S N A K E F A N G
    S N A K E F A N G
    Minor Nuisance

Someone said this new weapon seeks movement or heat something like that.....any of u guys noticed that phenomenon.....!!!

• EQUINOX 600
    EQUINOX 600
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 807
    edited 3 Feb 2014, 8:21AM

I have seen them in action and I am currently playing with ship set ups and making hawks with them as a test.  They are powerful when they hit in a large group but individually they do little damage so if your thinking to fit a  few on sniper venoms to stop people charging at your ships think again they will just ether fly around the creeper or fly through it and take the little damage.  This weapon has 4 major flaws its way to slow / range is way to short / spread is way to high causing it to fire in every direction except the ship your shooting at and lastly 1 lvl 2 creeper only  fires 1 at a time meaning it cant lay down enough fire to be useful.

Even in base hits the weapon is pretty useless you have to get really close to use it and if you do you will get cut up by base defenses. When you you rim a base you want to target the CMs take them out quick to minimize the incoming fire to your fleet but if you use creepers the cms will have shot you 3 or 4  times before your first round of creepers even hits the base.  A guy attacked my base with 2 glad dreds and 3 creeper revs and the battle was over in around 2min with around 80% of the damage he did being done  by the 2 dred ships  with there glads.

See the video:

Those ships are silly the people would need to be the size of ants to use them.
  • S N A K E F A N G
    S N A K E F A N G
    Minor Nuisance

well for lvl 41 thats is a lame hit.....

• Mr Asmo
    Mr Asmo
    Potential Threat

Probably not the worst of his hits I have seen though lol.  It was funny at the last moment he decided to target the bridge when the dreads were all but dead..

• GangstaSquirrel-SPQR
    GangstaSquirrel-SPQR
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 450
    Mr Asmo said:

look at the stats A dread is far superior to the Fury

GangstaSquirrel-SPQR

SPQR- Leader, General

Father of the republic of Squirrels

Game released 1st of June 2013

I started 3rd of June 2013

• Mr Asmo
    Mr Asmo
    Potential Threat

Depends what your definition of "far superior" is.  If it's 225 extra health, 60m/s extra combat speed, 3 degrees extra turning speed, 560 mass extra but apart from that they are the same then yeah i suppose it's far superior.  Yes it is superior, thats obvious but not "far superior" imo.

• Superbeedy
    Superbeedy
    Skilled Warrior

thats why we have shields made specifically for stoping energy weapons, they are called diffuser shields and spectral shields :P

Oh! So diffuser shields and spectral shields are now Invincible to energy weapons!!!

When you
    fail… Don’t Blame Lag

• CombatWolf
    CombatWolf
    Skilled Warrior
    edited 4 Feb 2014, 3:46AM

Oh! So diffuser shields and spectral shields are now Invincible to energy weapons!!!

i never said its invincible, you said that we'd be in range to be attacked by energy weapons, so the obvious solution to that are energy shields. nothings perfect, but vs a pure laser base even a lvl 3 spectral or a lvl 2 diffuser makes you last ALOT longer than max lvl shockwave or blast shield.

i reccomend you read more carefully before making yourself look like a fool

• Superbeedy
    Superbeedy
    Skilled Warrior

i never said its invincible, you said that we'd be in range to be attacked by energy weapons, to the obvious solution to that are energy shields. nothings perfect, but vs a pure laser base even a lvl 3 spectral or a lvl 2 diffuser makes you last ALOT longer than max lvl shockwave or blast shield.

i reccomend you read more carefully before making yourself look like a fool

Thats what you implied when you said they Stop energy weapons. And for your information, a shockwave 5 will beat a spectral 3 shield hands down against even a beamlaser.
         My point was creeper torpedos dont have the range to snipe beamlasers on optics, and the pure DPS output is too strong to last long enough against. So the "obvious" solution is NOT to put spectral shielding on, especially when majority of bases have plasma turrets, but to choose a different and better suited weapon for attacking a base.
         A level 34 should have higher tech researched than a lvl 3 spectral, but just because its the highest shield YOUVE researched doesn't mean its the strongest thing to put nor is it even strong at all compared to the damage coming from a beamlaser5

I recommend you get your facts straight before spilling **** around and calling Other people fools

When you
    fail… Don’t Blame Lag

• kixeyeuser_1384659060240_725461557
    kixeyeuser_1384659060240_725461557
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 30

It still goes back to the base issue that Combat Mods need a significant boost in Mass 50%, base Shields need a boost of 75%  and collateral damage needs to be removed from the game ,,  

• CombatWolf
    CombatWolf
    Skilled Warrior
    Superbeedy said:

Thats what you implied when you said they Stop energy weapons. And for your information, a shockwave 5 will beat a spectral 3 shield hands down against even a beamlaser.
         My point was creeper torpedos dont have the range to snipe beamlasers on optics, and the pure DPS output is too strong to last long enough against. So the "obvious" solution is NOT to put spectral shielding on, especially when majority of bases have plasma turrets, but to choose a different and better suited weapon for attacking a base.
         A level 34 should have higher tech researched than a lvl 3 spectral, but just because its the highest shield YOUVE researched doesn't mean its the strongest thing to put nor is it even strong at all compared to the damage coming from a beamlaser5

I recommend you get your facts straight before spilling **** around and calling Other people fools

when i said "stop energy weapons" i implied that it keeps you alive long enough to kill said-energy weapons. furthermore, true a shockwave 5 lasts longer than spectrals vs PROJECTILE OR EXPLOSIVE weapons, but spectrals are MADE to stop energy weapons.

i wasnt fighting with the range issue, i was simply providing the solution to the scenario you stated. i never said it was the best, but it still works fairly well, seems to work great with the apocs found in most mid-high lvl vega fleets. in a scenario where a pure-energy base is the enemy, true you can snipe it, but the only way to survive it under fire is by enduring since its nearly impossible to dodge energy weapons. so since shocks will get eaten up fast, spectrals are the only shield option when blitzing an energy-base

and for your information i have a spectral 5, i was stating a lvl 3 lasts better against energy weapons than a lvl 5 shock to show an example. and i never said it was the strongest thing out there...even metaphase shields, the ultimate shield in terms of what it can stop,  can easly be ignored by md's with lvl 5 phasers. what i said was spectrals are stronger than shocks VS ENERGY WEAPONS

i add to my statement...get YOUR facts straight and read more carefully to prevent looking like a fool

• CombatWolf
    CombatWolf
    Skilled Warrior

@ S9K1 & Superbeedy:

feel free to flag this as off topic because it is...but it makes no sense to flag someone's post as "trolling" when im just fighting my case...you dont like what i have to say, nut-up & hit the dislike button, but as long as you spam that flagging button i suggest filling this out too...

fyi, for future reference...THAT, is trolling...