Uprising event lag

• tony.dunlap.54
    tony.dunlap.54
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 351

all day yesterday I got "subspace connection lost" and today I can't connect to the battle server. Now it's numerically impossible to complete the event. I keep checking back every 15 min or so to see if anybody cares.

• Alberto Zerocool Scorrano
    Alberto Zerocool Scorrano
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 4

yeah. It's happening to me as well, can't connect at all! 

• kantraxo
    kantraxo
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 25

ever since this event was first advertised ive had non stop lag kicks me from combat. tried 4 browsers, ccleaner, and no i dont use a router or any cordless devices. its totally kickeye lag  not mine.

• river rat3
    river rat3
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 31

Hmmm seems kixeye is removing as well as editing my posts on this thread and merging my post with others...Just so you know I dont work for kixeye and have asked for a donation for the work i have done to fix the lag and responsive subspace connection...

• river rat3
    river rat3
    Potential Threat

ooops disregard my last post the merge moved my posts around thought kix deleted one but they did not..they just edited a email i posted regarding their answer to me when i originally asked for a refund their policy doesnt allow for that so i asked for a donation instead... everything still screwing up out there ?... I'm positive kixeye will figure it out too...

• zissist Fat Chickens
    zissist Fat Chickens
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 863

My connection is perfectly fine. Of course I am on a 50 meg connection on a corporate network with commercial grade servers. I wonder if that helps a bit? Probably not.

Fat Chickens - VEGA Conflict: Level 47 - ID: 1151789 - Born out of the original wars in the 8000s.

• Super Savage
    Super Savage
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 13

So it seems kix that its not a one off, or peoples slow internet. Your update has caused conflicts for certain people. You should be kind enough when fixed to offer everyone who sent a ticket the 1 million data cores as a good will gesture for them missing the 'Uprising' event. Hopefully you guys can get this fixed quickly and our friends can get back to battle as they are needed.

• FrAgDeViL
    FrAgDeViL
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 9
    i never says someting, i never complain, but during the event i lost 5 times my NH vega 55 fleet , because game freeze then ejected from battle, cant re-enter it because too much spectator (its what says pop up window) then i can cry and wait 9h hours to repair... if i dont make the event ,its because of you Kixeye.
    i want money back. thats not normal your servers sucks like that.

regards,

FrAgDeViL

• agsousa
    agsousa
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 24
    river rat said:

I never thought of that...change network provider look for one with fiber optics maybe buy a new computer maybe upgrade your OS anything else I should try ? oh yeah I have an answer already....and again its not on your end its on kixeyes end... I hope this post doesn't close the discussion

If it is on there end why do i run the game so smooth and never get lag ?? Your connection counts, your computer counts where you live counts not to mention many other factors such as ping and network distribution packets. like i said i run a 120mb download and an 8mb upload and game is super smooth on my end.... not to mention a 12 ping in my country this i would nor know on kixeye server as i don't know what country it is based on. So ya what you know is 100% wrong lol

• VC-Sneak
    VC-Sneak
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 3
    we can all complain,too bad we cant seem to play the game,thanks Kixeye,and I was really looking forward to the event.....just to not be able to play it.

• Herald of Tzeentch
    Herald of Tzeentch
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 1,322

My connection is perfectly fine. Of course I am on a 50 meg connection on a corporate network with commercial grade servers. I wonder if that helps a bit? Probably not.

i don't have any of that and i have no lag at all, so weirds.... 

Carebear Flu (C4B3 virus) symptoms : hot-flashes, tearing of the eyes, raw-throat, pain in the hands or fingers, sore knees, lower-back or buttock pain.

• HOPECRUSHR
    HOPECRUSHR
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 274

Lag comes and goes, seems when more players are on getting the Data Cores, the more lag I get. Yesterday, 4 times I lost "subspace connection" with my internet provider that would almost be impossible. I took the time to check it and I had a great connection, but to the Kixeye servers, I lagged horribly. Then when I got back on later, with less players on the field -so to say- perfect game play throughout the time I was on.

I would say, as a A+ Tech, running server pings to China Servers, with ZERO problems, having this kind of lag is due totally to their servers being overwhelmed by so many players being on at the same time. Like I said. My sector was busy, almost everyone was on hitting fleets or collecting the cargos, I lagged so bad I lost 3 fleets. I came back to a less crowded field and my game play was perfect...bothersome repairs when it's on kixeye's problematic overwhelmed servers though...not complaining, but not happy either. I don't auto, so when I lost connection, I lost a fleet....

UUUgggh....

:(

AL0NE HOPECRUSHER- Join AL0NE on Vega Conflict... The true meaning of the Warrior spirit. We don't need players, we need those who need nobody but themselves.... AL0NE A L ZERO N E

• mike.campbell.522
    mike.campbell.522
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 8

i can play but the lag has gotten pretty bad at times, so much so that i have lost fleets because the game just freezes. this only happened a few times but the lag is still very prominent any suggestions???

• river rat3
    river rat3
    Potential Threat

Well I had the same problem as you all....couldnt get in if and when i did i couldn't move repair or refit if I was able the lag was over a minute....This went on for 3 solid days but guess what...I am running like a babies bottom now....So I know Kixeye will figure it out too...because i did!! :)

• Alberto Zerocool Scorrano
    Alberto Zerocool Scorrano
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 4

I've got an Alienware Area-51 with top-notch hardware, Windows 8 and 20 MB/s Internet connection. Vega conflict still doesn't work. Other kixeye games do though... *Mystery*

• river rat3
    river rat3
    Potential Threat

Ive been running for 3 days now with no issues.....Kixeye will figure this out!!!

• FrAgDeViL
    FrAgDeViL
    Greenhorn
    edited 3 Feb 2014, 5:09PM
    2nd post.. a 6th full NH fleet dead because of a lost subspace. 9 hours repair .. event finishing in 5 hours.. cool , i was 290k away from Dread. i was doing only 55..

never had this problem before, i play since 1 year

Thx Kixeye. 

• Death_From_Above
    Death_From_Above
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1,673

u guys loose connection atleast . My fleets dont move and i hav to helplessly watch them get killed. And once they are killed the game returns to normal

War commander : 
    RallyPointBravo
    LVL:33  *Quit due to boredom*
    BlackT3
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 2

Thanks Kix three hours of event left and lag hits me, uncontrollable fleet, gives me 6 hour repair time. Thanks for wasting my time.

• Cliffsam98
    Cliffsam98
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 1,652

Pffft, show off. :p

Forged from the flame of the original wars in the 8000s.      VEGA Conflict: Sadistic Intent      Original Sector: 8300

Just your friendly neighborhood moderator.
    No longer the only man with sexy black and white KIX pony pic.  It does look better on me though :p
  • Alexandre_X2
    Alexandre_X2
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 54
    edited 3 Feb 2014, 8:02PM

I wonder how I had NO LAG while killing vega 35' in 800 manual fights in 4 days (1.750.000DC so far) and many people claim to have lag... If it was server-side everyone would be affected. As I play really huge hours with 0 lag in manual fights I just conclude that people having issues should check their computer hardware and software, update everything, clean their temp folders, close other background programm running and change their internet access provider if needed. Well it's an objective point of view based on a fact : only a part of people claim lagging while others doesn't... You can't blame Kixeye nor ask any refund of any kind if its client-side... It's common sense.

• FrAgDeViL
    FrAgDeViL
    Greenhorn
    edited 3 Feb 2014, 8:03PM

I wonder how I had NO LAG while killing vega 35' in 800 manual fights in 4 days (1.750.000DC so far) and many people claim to have lag... If it was server-side everyone would be affected. As I play really huge hours with 0 lag in manual fights I just conclude that people having issues should check their computer hardware and software, update everything, clean their temp folders, close other background programm running and change their internet access provider if needed. Well it's an obejective point of view based on a fact : only a part of people claim lagging while others doesn't...

lol.. you take most of us for some 3 weeks rabbits ?  shut up than saying stupid thing.

• Alexandre_X2
    Alexandre_X2
    Potential Threat
    edited 3 Feb 2014, 8:06PM
    FrAgDeViL said:

I wonder how I had NO LAG while killing vega 35' in 800 manual fights in 4 days (1.750.000DC so far) and many people claim to have lag... If it was server-side everyone would be affected. As I play really huge hours with 0 lag in manual fights I just conclude that people having issues should check their computer hardware and software, update everything, clean their temp folders, close other background programm running and change their internet access provider if needed. Well it's an obejective point of view based on a fact : only a part of people claim lagging while others doesn't...

lol.. you take most of us for some 3 weeks rabbits ?  shut up than saying stupid thing.

Please explain why some people would lag while others don't? I am very curious to have an answer on that question.

• Marco_Island
    Marco_Island
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 6

My entire sector had connection issues all at the same time. Cost most a few hours of stupid hawk repair time, but obviously it is not the servers right? 

• estar 1981
    estar 1981
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 4

wats haèenend today vith the lag i destroyed lv 37 fleet 10 % damage  and i lost the fleet on lv 30 fleets ?????

• Alexandre_X2
    Alexandre_X2
    Potential Threat
    edited 3 Feb 2014, 8:49PM

My entire sector had connection issues all at the same time. Cost most a few hours of stupid hawk repair time, but obviously it is not the servers right? 

How do you know that everyone had connexion issue at the same time if noone was connected any longer? J/K

• Marco_Island
    Marco_Island
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 6

Alexandre_X2 said:

How do you know that everyone had connexion issue at the same time if noone was connected any longer? J/K

All the people that that were in either fvf, base hitting or hitting cargos all got kicked from there battles at pretty much the same time. Unfortunately I cannot pin point the exact microsecond, but when sector comms lights up with people complaining they just lost there fleet due to connection issues, I would think that is self explanatory.

• TroyIsMetal
    TroyIsMetal
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2011 Posts: 256
    edited 3 Feb 2014, 9:18PM

Ziss, that's not the issue... Sent Kixeye a support ticket telling them what was up, and nothing has changed. 

I can connect via my, regular, network connection and get nothing but subspace disconnects. But when I bounce off a server in Europe and back, I can connect with no lag. Perhaps the extra cable length my second route uses and the 2048 bit encryption I'm using helps with the lag? lol, probably not. Obviously, if I can get on a machine that has a slower connection, a longer route, and increase my processor load and get RID of lag, then there is something more important than the bandwidth of the user and the user's computer.

I'm not going to pretend I know EXACTLY what's up, but I think that's a **** big piece of the puzzle.

I'm thinking that kixeye might know more about this error than they are letting on (or have told the mods), though. Considering they are asking for traceroutes in support tickets. Maybe they just don't know how to fix it?
    \m/
  • Say My Name
    Say My Name
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 38

Just luvs watching my fleet stop in the middle of a turn while Vega fleets continue to shoot at it...Even better when the lag clears up after 3-5 seconds  and watch my fleet blow up as they finish the turn.  Thanks 1,000,000 Kixeye

Luvs them little mousies, little mousies what I luv to eat...Bite they little heads off, and nibble on they tiny feet
  • Slimraven
    Slimraven
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 17

Unplayable since update for me. Its even worse then last update where game representatives apoligized for the problems. Now its been countless of days and still nothing. Screw the event, I just wanna be able to play at all.

This discussion has been closed.