Reaver Scout Engine worth it?

BattleNinjas
BattleNinjas
Minor Nuisance
Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 240
is the reaver scout engine even worth using with the -20% acc and -50% weapon range? if i can even be used how would it be used?

• Caleb
    Caleb
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 108

That'd be a scary idea lol

• BattleNinjas
    BattleNinjas
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 240

Suicide fleet with Pirhana Depth Charges?

Pirhana Depth Charge has 18 range so the engine would make it about 9. so it might work if you put it on a sub. good idea if i ever get this thing.

• William Brixon
    William Brixon
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 1,217

spectre subs in a base, some are foregoing the sub cap arbiter for a crazy long path, but faster engines might help make it to the back

Death_Wind - BP Level 72 - Sectors: 194 -> 216 -> 345 -> 283 -> 216 -> 246 -> 101 -> 436 -> 1 -> 217 -> 283 -> 1 -> 170 -> 217 -> 116 -> 466 -> 217 -> 395 -> 487 -> 177 -> 400 -> 270 -> 217 -> 254 -> 323 -> 232  -> 445 -> 359 -> 267 -> 184 -> 497 -> 114 -> 184 -> 1 -> 217 -> 184 -> 217 ->436 ->283 -> 323 -> 283

• tyler.zeeman.1
    tyler.zeeman.1
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 72

this might make spectres rise up surpassing the cudas greatly

• dayuma
    dayuma
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 647

I think the original intent is still best: scout boats to peek other people's bases. You can get there in seconds instead of minutes now.

Never coined a dime since day one & proud of it. 

User I.D. - 2.3 million
  • Legionnairre
    Legionnairre
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2014 Posts: 8

Put them on arbiters, possibly with wake module. Since they only carry 1 weapon and aren't really used as an offensive ship this seems like a good use of the engine.

• tater_salad
    tater_salad
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 530

i use it combined with arbiters in my stingray fleet 31 combat speed  stingrays and arbiter 

• D1rew0lf
    D1rew0lf
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 103

as a joke, combine it with Hull Streamlining 3 on a Rampart, and scare the crap out of players with a floating bulwark that out-speeds them on the map. Listen to the sector chat and messaging accusing you of hacking or freaking out. Show the build. Laugh your butt off. Rinse, Repeat.

• i.have.pants
    i.have.pants
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 127

I put it on some Super Fortress' with Hull Streaming 3 and Map Speed amour.  Getting 90mph.  Great res collectors.

I also put it on 1 Bat 3 Spec.  Great for a decoy sub as it naturally has to get closer to the targets due to range, and its increases the combat speed nicely.

Pew Pew
  • DataOutlaw
    DataOutlaw
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 723

KAMISAWZI!!!

(I have one of these in my base defense fleet)

• xwolf1
    xwolf1
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 4,022

I knew a guy that had some BC's with reaver eng and p depth charges. Was a very deadly little fleet with his build. Only a select few cuda fleets could kill him but reapers had better luck. Idk how well they would do with the new ranking system though vs subs

Battle Pirates Nexus Moderator
    Battle Pirates community where you can always get help!
    Follow us on twitter at https://twitter.com/BPnexus?s=04
    We will say when we make any post there with some little info about it. Main things stay on the FB page :)

• Daawl
    Daawl
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 73

makes a great spec leader for autoing salvs

Winning needs no explanation, losing has no alibi 

• I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 1,584
    So just to clarify ... 
    This is a hit and be hit game ... 
    Yet some hate it when their attacker gets ... hit ... by someone else ... after they have been hit ...

Amazing how those wanting to force some to play their way ... would in fact be up in arms if they were forced to play someone elses way ... 
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    So just to clarify ... 
    Yet some hate it when their attacker gets ... hit ... by someone else ... after they have been hit ...

Amazing how those wanting to force some to play their way ... would in fact be up in arms if they were forced to play someone elses way ... 
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    So just to clarify ... 

• baconneggs
    baconneggs
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 1,037

I've discovered you can kill turrets in the campaigns this way, especially the one with like 7 javs. Go in with zombie specs, park next to turrets, surface, get killed, boom kill like 5 turrets