My chatwindow stays on the loading icon SOLVED

Barthelmond
Barthelmond
Potential Threat
Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 37
edited 18 Jul 2013, 4:01PM
Anyone can tell me if the chat isnt released yet or is it something with my browser/macbook?
Using safari 6.0.5
LEVEL: 35 
VISITED: 20, 67, 81, 84, 115, 172, 188, 233, 280, 395
UNLOCKED:                                                                                                                                                          
Operation Hellfire:            HellfireElite Hellfire (lvl 11)
Operation Red Sky:          Warhawk, Attack Dog (lvl 11), Gatling Truck, Elite Gatling Truck (lvl 11), Laser Tank
Operation Rolling thunder:    Elite Warhawks (lvl 11), Flak Tank (lvl 9)
Operation Undead Harvest:    Kondor (lvl 8), Elite Laser Tank (lvl 11)
Operation Shockwave:          Shock Turret (lvl 5), Shock Trooper (lvl 9), Shock Tank

Operation Hellstorm:            Stinger (lvl 10), Plasma Turret (lvl 5)

Operation Red Swarm:         Drone Silo (lvl 6), Reaper Drone (lvl 10), Slayer Drone (lvl 8)

Operation Warlord:              Hellstorm (lvl 11)

Operation Crossfire:             Rocket Barrage Turret (lvl 5), Elite Riflemen (lvl 11)

Operation Frontline:            Elite Heavy Gunner (lvl 11), Elite Shock Tank (lvl 3), Gladiator (lvl 9)

Enforcer (lvl 11)

Sickle Syndicate mission:     Collosus (lvl 10), Havoc (lvl 1), Behemoth (lvl 11)

• Ascension
    Ascension
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 26,257
    I get the same thing at work using Windows XP Professional, no matter what the browser is.

Forum banned by a hypocrite at Kixeye.

• Q Rich
    Q Rich
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2010 Posts: 37,470

Anyone can tell me if the chat isnt released yet or is it something with my browser/macbook?
    Using safari 6.0.5
    At work there could be a lot of other things that block it as well.

What operating system are you using? is it Win XP? or are you on a Mac?
    Please do not contact me directly by Chat or via posts on my profile page. If I cannot deal with it on the forums, it should be taken straight to Support.
  • Ascension
    Ascension
    Unicorn Overlord

Using safari 6.0.5

For me it happens at home, as well on the same laptop.

• Barthelmond
    Barthelmond
    Potential Threat

Using safari 6.0.5

Im using mac OS X version 10.8.4. 
    this is my own pc, on work Im working :)
    UNLOCKED:                                                                                                                                                          
    Operation Red Sky:          Warhawk, Attack Dog (lvl 11), Gatling Truck, Elite Gatling Truck (lvl 11), Laser Tank
    Operation Shockwave:          Shock Turret (lvl 5), Shock Trooper (lvl 9), Shock Tank

Operation Red Swarm:         Drone Silo (lvl 6), Reaper Drone (lvl 10), Slayer Drone (lvl 8)

Operation Crossfire:             Rocket Barrage Turret (lvl 5), Elite Riflemen (lvl 11)

Operation Frontline:            Elite Heavy Gunner (lvl 11), Elite Shock Tank (lvl 3), Gladiator (lvl 9)

Enforcer (lvl 11)

Sickle Syndicate mission:     Collosus (lvl 10), Havoc (lvl 1), Behemoth (lvl 11)

• Q Rich
    Q Rich
    Unicorn Overlord
    edited 14 Jul 2013, 8:33AM
    I had been hoping you were using something like XP so I could tell you to try a different OS. But your set up isn't much different to what I have, and others use in the company.

It is something we are currently trying to replicate, once we have we'll be able to track down the cause and get it fixed. If you are able to try a different computer or a different internet connection at some point, I would be interested to know what happens.
    Please do not contact me directly by Chat or via posts on my profile page. If I cannot deal with it on the forums, it should be taken straight to Support.
  • Q Rich
    Q Rich
    Unicorn Overlord
    If you still have this issue, can you go to your wall, then to the Friends tab - are your friends showing up on there?
  • Barthelmond
    Barthelmond
    Potential Threat
    edited 17 Jul 2013, 7:24PM
    I had been hoping you were using something like XP so I could tell you to try a different OS. But your set up isn't much different to what I have, and others use in the company.

It is something we are currently trying to replicate, once we have we'll be able to track down the cause and get it fixed. If you are able to try a different computer or a different internet connection at some point, I would be interested to know what happens.
    It works good the set up very fast, only with playing war commander my Macbook is blazing hard sometimes :p If our set up's aren't much different,are there in your area also chat issues?

Plug-in versie 11.8.800.94 is geïnstalleerd. Thats my flash player version if it maybe make clarity :)
    If you still have this issue, can you go to your wall, then to the Friends tab - are your friends showing up on there?
    Yes my friends are showing up there.
    UNLOCKED:                                                                                                                                                          

Enforcer (lvl 11)

• Ascension
    Ascension
    Unicorn Overlord
    Are you using McAfee by any chance?

• Barthelmond
    Barthelmond
    Potential Threat
    Ascension said:
    Are you using McAfee by any chance?
    No I have Avast!. Avast is asking 70mb memory and Safari, flash player safari and safari web material is asking about1.8 gb/4gb now without in an attack or scouting worldmap. 

KIXEYE Q Rich: I can make the chat window with the loading icon wider and smaller but thats all. The settings icon right above in the chat window isn't working here. 

WebRep
    currentVote
    noRating
    noWeight

UNLOCKED:                                                                                                                                                          

Enforcer (lvl 11)

• Q Rich
    Q Rich
    Unicorn Overlord
    Barthelmond said:

KIXEYE Q Rich: I can make the chat window with the loading icon wider and smaller but that's all. The settings icon right above in the chat window isn't working here. 
    really? ok that is interesting. Passing that onto the team. But can you confirm that you have cleared your cache whilst logged out of the site? if not, try it and let me know if that helps at all.
  • Barthelmond
    Barthelmond
    Potential Threat
    edited 18 Jul 2013, 6:25PM
    Barthelmond said:

KIXEYE Q Rich: I can make the chat window with the loading icon wider and smaller but that's all. The settings icon right above in the chat window isn't working here. 
    really? ok that is interesting. Passing that onto the team. But can you confirm that you have cleared your cache whilst logged out of the site? if not, try it and let me know if that helps at all.
    Finally I have a chat on this kixeye site! :D It was something with the cache indeed. In Safari I dont know how to do it. So I Deleted all the local storage settings in flash player (System preferences -> Flash player) and that helped! Maybe that will help you also Ascension.. ;)

Thank you very much for helping me with this problem!
    UNLOCKED:                                                                                                                                                          

Enforcer (lvl 11)

• Q Rich
    Q Rich
    Unicorn Overlord
    Good to hear! thanks for letting me know.
  • Ascension
    Ascension
    Unicorn Overlord
    Didn't help on mine. Probably something else on the work laptop causing it.

• Q Rich
    Q Rich
    Unicorn Overlord
    you could try in an operating system that is not Win XP...
  • Ascension
    Ascension
    Unicorn Overlord
    you could try in an operating system that is not Win XP...
    Aye, it works on my Linux Fedora OS...kind of. **** thing freezes on me every four minutes or so there.

• Q Rich
    Q Rich
    Unicorn Overlord
    see you keep using Operating Systems we don't officially support. Win XP - is old, very old. Linux - too many variations to officially support. So out of luck atm. I'd suggest starting a 'using linux' thread and see if others can help out.