New moderatory powers

Shane McKenna
Shane McKenna
Unicorn Overlord
Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 6,314
So all moderators/administrator have the ability to bury posts now as well as not being able to be flagged, is that not a little bit unfair? What's next moderator/administrator posts can't be disliked?

The way I see it, a moderator/administrator can bury a post they don't like.

Disclosure: Not discussing moderator/administrator actions, merely illuminating an unfair power, nor am I breaking any rules.

• Ascension
    Ascension
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 26,257
    edited 9 Jul 2013, 6:27PM
    We have had the power to delete individual posts since long before these new forums. Not sure why it would be an issue now.

As a general rule, if someone thinks a post or thread was handled incorrectly they can always contact the Kixeye CMs about it.

Forum banned by a hypocrite at Kixeye.

• Shane McKenna
    Shane McKenna
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 6,314
    Ascension said:
    We have had the power to delete individual posts since long before these new forums. Not sure why it would be an issue now.

As a general rule, if someone thinks a post or thread was handled incorrectly they can always contact the Kixeye CMs about it.
    I didn't say delete posts, I said bury them. I don't have an issue per say more the fact that a mod/admin can flag a post and it gives it 5 flags as opposed to the regular 1 flag.

• MagicSarap
    MagicSarap
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 5,522
    Even though a post is buried, it is still relatively easy to access and view. When compared to various other moderator abilities such as banning players from the forum or deleting posts, It would determine that burying a post is either equally or less of an ability that the former two. However, like all moderator abilities, if players feel that they are used incorrectly, they can PM a CM to discuss the matter.
  • Hyperius
    Hyperius
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 12,121
    edited 9 Jul 2013, 11:26PM
    I don't get the flagging moderators posts. It lets me do that... I think... I tried and it said I flagged it..
    Edit: Nevermind I figured it out lol.

KIXEYE Senior Moderator

Playing since 9/30/11

Helpful Links:  Site Rules / Report a Player / ToS / Ticket Status /

Have a problem? KIXEYE Customer Service

• Ion Phoenix
    Ion Phoenix
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 1,340
    edited 15 Jul 2013, 10:30AM
    Threads made complaining about the new MR3(in BYM) gets closed every time. I think its because things have became really sensitive due to players not liking the new MR and its glitches, while the Mods have to handle everything, though they cant do anything about it. I do understand KIXEYE's need to do this, but please, do consider what the players are complaining about as an area that needs improvements on. That could help the community better.
    [edit:]Requested to be a moderator, put into waiting list. Still waiting LOL C: haha.
    Season Collections of my best yards:
    Panic Center | Thingamajig | Alien Crops[YOTW 22/11/12] |Compass Point |Obsidian Fort v2| Pokey Ritual |
    Final conclusion: monsters are stupid...
    Proud member of Cryptic
  • Ascension
    Ascension
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 26,257
    Threads made complaining about the new MR3(in BYM) gets closed every time. I think its because things have became really sensitive due to players not liking the new MR and its glitches, while the Mods have to handle everything, though they cant do anything about it. I do understand KIXEYE's need to do this, but please, do consider what the players are complaining about as an area that needs improvements on. That could help the community better.
    [edit:]Requested to be a moderator, put into waiting list. Still waiting LOL C: haha.
    Completely untrue. They were mostly merged into one thread. The only things that get removed are the threads/posts blatantly violating forum rules.

Forum banned by a hypocrite at Kixeye.

• Q Rich
    Q Rich
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2010 Posts: 37,470
    and thread closed.
    Please do not contact me directly by Chat or via posts on my profile page. If I cannot deal with it on the forums, it should be taken straight to Support.
This discussion has been closed.