What is the best loadout for Rancors and Longbows?

Alex Barnes
Alex Barnes
Minor Nuisance
Joined Feb 2011 Posts: 171
Long story short, I suck at this game. xD
  • HAWKEYES33
    HAWKEYES33
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 2,191
    Long story short, I suck at this game. xD
    depends on the situation.
  • Alex Barnes
    Alex Barnes
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2011 Posts: 171
    Well I mainly just attack cargos and usually my rancors usually have 1 scatter missile, 1 beam laser and 2 plasma batteries. With rear thrusters, tritanium, and shockwave shields . My Longbows usually have 1 scatter and 1 plasma with rear thursters and tritanium.
  • HAWKEYES33
    HAWKEYES33
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 2,191
    well if you're attacking cargo then you shouldnt use those ships for it, unless its planet cargo.
  • Autumn_Equinox
    Autumn_Equinox
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 145
    have a mix of all 3 weapon types and you'll go far in fvf.
  • Holy_Salmon
    Holy_Salmon
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 340
    For Cargo's Rancors and longbows are ****.

Just because a ship appears further down the tech-scale doesn't mean it's "better" and you should change over to it.

Rancors and bows are usually used for attacking bases. Rancors can also be used in PVP. You can flank a fleet or herd them using smaller faster ships.

Also Bows, are really only something you should use for attacking bases. Think RazorBacks in WarCommander
  • Professor Yana
    Professor Yana
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 1,692
    Speak for yourself - Longbows with Railgun 3 can pop the shields off regular Vega cargo fleets before they get in range of your other ships.

That, though, is the key to using Longbows in a salvaging fleet - having other ships in the fleet with them. Longbows (in point of fact, destroyers in general) are not front-line combat ships; keep them in the rear rank to soften up Vega fleets so that your front-line ships can take out the rest with minimal fuss.
  • Jason Halls
    Jason Halls
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2010 Posts: 546
    Longbows with Scatter in FVF can be annoying at your level
    http://www.lanse.co.uk
    Windows 7 x64
    (SP1 + Patches)
    Firefox 
    (current release)
    Flash 11.6
    Vega user 20250
    BYM User 1985

• Holy_Salmon
    Holy_Salmon
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 340
    Speak for yourself - Longbows with Railgun 3 can pop the shields off regular Vega cargo fleets before they get in range of your other ships.

That, though, is the key to using Longbows in a salvaging fleet - having other ships in the fleet with them. Longbows (in point of fact, destroyers in general) are not front-line combat ships; keep them in the rear rank to soften up Vega fleets so that your front-line ships can take out the rest with minimal fuss.
    I did speak for myself. If I recall I replied to the thread under my name.

Also, If you use rancs and bows to farm cargos you can be left with nasty repair times, thus having to repair before you can farm again.

Pretty much EVERY cargo can be killed Easily with just harriers when flown right