Possible mauler build

hugo.bucklesmith
hugo.bucklesmith
Greenhorn
Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 13
edited 30 Jun 2013, 1:26AM
I got the mauler hull as a prize in the latest battle pirates raid, 'Dragon's nest'. This is a possible build that I thought of.
Weapons - 6 shockwave N mortars
Armour - 4 DU4
Specials - eng 2, explosive shell 2, alloy armour (45% ballistic and explosive)

1 sea scorpion
Weapons - 6 hailstorm B, 1 shockwave B
Armour - 1 DU4
Specials - eng 1(same speed as mauler with eng 2), countermeasure 2( only 1 I got), abalative armour 3

This fleet could be good as the shockwaves are the best for damage and accuracy but normally get hit by howies, with the high ballistic defence you do not need to worry about getting hit by them.

Possible mauler build

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.
  • LynyrdSkynyrd - Freebird
    LynyrdSkynyrd - Freebird
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 103
    Sucks as a fleet 
    Game Name: LynyrdSkynyrdGodGuns
    Level: 45
    Alliance: SNTNL
    Drac Ships: Destroyer, Light Cruiser, Blitzing Battle Cruiser, Mauler, and DNX
    Lynyrd Skynyrd - Free Bird
    Getting Stoned and playing bp
    Joined Battle Pirates: May/29/11

• Trogar
    Trogar
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 12,977
  • UncleB
    UncleB
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 930
    If thats all the blueprints you've found or won it's a good build you'll enjoy it, most of the others that have 
    commented or will comment have almost or all of the blueprints found already so they would use something
    else but you'll enjoy the build in 35-45 lvl bases. Not everybody builds the same base gun layout so you'll win
    some and lose some as everybody else does don't let them shit you, have fun with your new toy, if it's weak
    in some area's refit till your satisfied with it, it looks like a good hull for the middle of the road 38-48 players
  • Shockwave_63
    Shockwave_63
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 79
    Yup bad build, My thoughts.  Run atleast 1 anti missile and anti mort. Run 1 Siege Mort, and 3 Shock L's.  Then whatver add ons you want.  Only build 4 ships, Max em out.