How to take out level 15s?

Alex Barnes
Alex Barnes
Minor Nuisance
Joined Feb 2011 Posts: 171
I saw videos where they said use corvettes, but they aren't fast enough to dodge the scatter missiles anymore, so any idea what to use?
  • Autumn_Equinox
    Autumn_Equinox
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 145
    gens. make sure you have a rear thruster equipped.
  • Alex Barnes
    Alex Barnes
    Minor Nuisance

gens. make sure you have a rear thruster equipped.
    You can't equip them on a corvette.
  • MM209
    MM209
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 529
    gens = genesis cruiser
  • Alex Barnes
    Alex Barnes
    Minor Nuisance
    Oh lol, my bad sorry! Noob mistake. My bad!
  • Alex Barnes
    Alex Barnes
    Minor Nuisance
    Destroyed a 15 but took heavy loses. : /
  • MM209
    MM209
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 529
    edited 28 Jun 2013, 3:52PM
    Try targeting a 13 instead and send your cruisers past the enemy ships in a V pattern to off to the sides, fork some to the left, and some to the right. Equip with rear thrusters and scatter missles (or other longer range weaponry). Use a good shield or you will spend more time repairing then attacking.

The goal here is that you want the enemy projectiles to miss your ships as you move past them as much as possible (hense the rear thrusters, faster ships = more misses).

Getting the distance down for how far out to pass the enemy fleet will make a huge difference in success, you want to pass them so they are as close to your max range as possible, the closer the enemy gets to you the more projectiles will hit you.

Once you master 13's then skip 15 and go to level 17 fleets, the level 17 fleet is similar to the 13's in makeup.

When you unlock rancors you can use the same technique to easily farm everything below 20 without damage, but upgrade to plasma batteries when you equip the rancors.
  • Spaskiba
    Spaskiba
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 825
    harrier + strafe and you can do a level 20 
    Read this if you want to enjoy the game http://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/288866/x/p1
  • avmf8
    avmf8
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 14
    Is this a serious question I just started playing and I can take out level 15 basses. I already took out a level 20 base at level 18. I then later was also able to fight that level 20 off since not only can I dish it out I can take it. Seems simple to me if you want to kill a level 15 and you cant research better ships. If you get attacked by high level ships research guns.
  • KillerOperations
    KillerOperations
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 176
    Spaskiba said:
    harrier + strafe and you can do a level 20 
    U cant put straffe's on a harrier "Dunce Cap Awarded"

avmf8 said:
    Is this a serious question I just started playing and I can take out level 15 basses. I already took out a level 20 base at level 18. I then later was also able to fight that level 20 off since not only can I dish it out I can take it. Seems simple to me if you want to kill a level 15 and you cant research better ships. If you get attacked by high level ships research guns.
    And he was talking about cargo's not base's

I have to Agree with Autumn on this gen's or even harriers with batteries and pulse laser should do the trick

• Holy_Salmon
    Holy_Salmon
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 340
    Don't. Waste of time. Use frigs on 13's once good with that. move to 23's once good with that take on 27's