Make/develop in-game groups/alliance system! =)

david.eriksson.52481
david.eriksson.52481
Tribune
Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 6
edited 22 Jun 2013, 9:07AM
Hello! =)

Its sad that in-game groups / alliance / clans (call it what you want), doesnt exist in the game already. It's also sad that the connection/communication between facebook and vega conflict game arnt better then they are. Im hoping that this thread/poll will create opinion among the players to show the vega conflict game developers/leaders that this is worth investing time in; to develop and make a reality.

Thank you for your time to read this, support this cause/idea to make it a reality and vega conflict a better game!
/DaveE

Make/develop in-game groups/alliance system! 93 votes

Yes
87% 81 votes
No
7% 7 votes
Maybe
4% 4 votes
3rd alternative/new suggestion (leave a comment with your suggestion!)
1% 1 vote
  • HAWKEYES33
    HAWKEYES33
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 2,191
    in game alliances will be good, But its how kixeye makes it. Id like the alliances to go more in-depth. 
  • Lake_Side
    Lake_Side
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 220
    Why vote no? WC doesn't have alliances built in, so i really don't know the cons.  Any comments on this would be helpful.
  • KillerOperations
    KillerOperations
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 176
    DESTRO said:
    It's coming.
    Nothing more to say on the fact

• Cain-125
    Cain-125
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 83
    Why have it in game?   Have you ever played on kixeye site?  You can friend your alliance members and use the chat in kixeye and still play the game.  Adding more in game will just add more server lag when it has to update another chat and the game.  

VEGA Conflict IGN: Cain | Level: 31 | User ID: 13825 | Sector: 100 | Planet: 125
    War Commander IGN: Cain | Level: 32 | User ID: 3689811 | Sector 129
    Ubuntu 13.04 | Google Chrome

• The Black Skull
    The Black Skull
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 506

I feel slightly ambivalent towards alliances. If it's the same crap that was introduced into battle pirates then it's a no from me and but some form of alliance feature would be a good addition.

Not that anything after the very first reply will make much difference now anyway. As Destro says, it's coming, no matter how we vote.

• Legendary Minecraftian
    Legendary Minecraftian
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 83
    Post this in the wishlist...
  • david.eriksson.52481
    david.eriksson.52481
    Tribune
    @Destro / the black skull - When is it comming? How will it be / feutures?

Ok, groups/alliances will come, but WHEN is the question of interest? This month, E3-4? Even this year?  

Other topics about the same subject:
  • Havoc.ICU
    Havoc.ICU
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 48
    definite yes. Essential part of the game is missing
    Origin Sector 8100 -- ICU Member :)
  • john.huggins.581746
    john.huggins.581746
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 2
    although alliances will be good i presume you should have the ability to join your friends to a new sector or at the cost of coins, that so happened that you joined late and moved to another sector away from your friends.

• jesse.young.9279
    jesse.young.9279
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 15
    i believe in the future that an alliance that spans a good deal of the sector like the one in 3200 should allow for a space to be provided to allow anyone in that particular corporation to have a certain advantage over the "lone wolves" of the game. such as a central base that would allow all the members of the corporation to store one or (in higher lvl corporations) more fleets so they can rapidly deploy near critical locations in the sector, as well as tech advancement bonuses (the equivalent to blueprints in battle pirates) due to scientist research. (if a corporation lasts long enough to advance to such a stage)

Note: in my opinion the best way to describe a conglomeration of such space faring miners would be a corporation, seeing as they actually help each other at the command of one or more central figures, so thats how i referred to them.
  • zys123
    zys123
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 1,099
    DESTRO said:
    It's coming.
    As leader of sector 200's RTTC, my full support is behind what is coming! :D

"Anger dwells only in the bosom of fools." ~Albert Einstein
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." ~Winston Churchill
    "The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting." ~Sun Tzu
    "I intend to live forever. So far, so good." ~Steven Wright

~Leader of Oldest Active Alliance, RTTC~
    For applications and general details visit our main page.
    Author of the Most Extensive Frigate Textbook Around
  • Lioness_Heart
    Lioness_Heart
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 470
    DESTRO said:
    It's coming.
    is it going to have limited members?? i hope not because allot of the alliances already in existance have many members........................................ can we vote on the number of members allowed in an alliance before it is released?? (i know BP has limited members in the ingame alliances)
    "Without failure and defeat, you fail to rise above it." By Lioness_Heart

deer grammer nazis. Im Playcing this hear to specifikally distroy you're intire day. May korecting this be the 
    onely thing you thinc abowt all fookin weak.?

• zys123
    zys123
    Incursion Leader
    I would assume membership is limited, as you mentioned it is limited in BP and I know it is limited in BYM.

The limit for BYM is 60 members if I recall correctly, that's more than enough for a decent communicating alliance and with the ability to make wings, size isn't really a problem.

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." ~Winston Churchill

• Lioness_Heart
    Lioness_Heart
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 470
    zys123 said:
    I would assume membership is limited, as you mentioned it is limited in BP and I know it is limited in BYM.

The limit for BYM is 60 members if I recall correctly, that's more than enough for a decent communicating alliance and with the ability to make wings, size isn't really a problem.
    yeah i think player limit is 60 for BP as well and i know quite a few alliances that have 1 and 2 wings but it makes communicating to the wings difficult. if there is an alliance chat, communicating is difficult if not through another form via facebook /TS / Vent or other programs  and there are the kixeye chats now but im sure im not the only one that finds them a bit annoying seems how i always play in FS..... im not sure how BYM alliance works but in BP alliances have levels and the number of players allowed in the alliance increases with each level ( 60 being the max) and of course theres the alliance points to increase the level of the alliance IDK i never really got into the alliance points and set up and stuff in BP to me it seemed boring and pointless when they introduced it so late in the game it was introduced in october i think and the game was already 3 years going but i suppose if they launch it early (soon) it will not be as pointless in VC but i do liek bases/ names/ or members having the alliance tag without having to pay for a name change   
    "Without failure and defeat, you fail to rise above it." By Lioness_Heart

deer grammer nazis. Im Playcing this hear to specifikally distroy you're intire day. May korecting this be the 
    onely thing you thinc abowt all fookin weak.?

• Autumn_Equinox
    Autumn_Equinox
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 145
    an Alliance system would be nice, as long as it's not like BP.  Why not make it completely unique?  I just checked out the wishlist post about an alliance feature and it's perks and benefits and I don't disagree with it at all.  Some of the ideas on there are pretty legitimate.
  • AdmiralXanatos
    AdmiralXanatos
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 12
    I VOTE NO

Alliances already exist in the form of promises to not attack each other. Which is just sweet and all for all you alliance junkies to feel safe and secure around your 200 friends. However the excessive alliances that are already in place will destroy any balance of the game. Games need to have a balance in order to be fun. There should be no additional benefits or perks given to the hundreds of care bears over the fewer lone wolves. 

I suggest if the system comes, the members should be very limited like 20 tops, Or an additional system implemented that would encourage the alliances to remain small. For example a very limited benefit or perk that large alliances cant share very well. This idea does not fix anything, cause care bears will still make multiple alliances and still call themselves a team. 

Another system idea if the alliances are allowed to grow big, there should be rewards for killing other alliances members. Instead of alliances farming the lone wolves who had the bad luck of spawning in there sector, the focus could be on war for the benefits that it brings. All people in an alliance that is different than their own could have an orange name or some sort of indicator, in winning a battle against that person they can gain war rank points that is displayable, or lose the rank points in a loss. 

Moral of the story is, vote no on alliances, or make the alliance system in a way that does not just encourage sector bullies. 
  • zys123
    zys123
    Incursion Leader
    Your ideas aren't solving much of what you're proposing:

1st Paragraph: As noted by myself a few posts above and mentioned by you, wings destroys any limits.

2nd Paragraph: This is just asking for exploit, if these people are already carebears and would want to do anything to help, they'll fly around insta-repair junk for members to farm to raise some remedial bar giving them a reward every week, if this was extended to bases you can bet that base hitting wars will grow bland to members moving platforms away and letting each other farm with no actual mutual resource loss and a steady progression of "reward". In extreme cases you're looking at alts (Yes, they are not allowed but KIX and FB quite obviously doesn't have the time to police low-radar account alts not attracting attention to themselves.) made to enter an alliance simply for the purpose of being farmed. All in all, allowing cooperative destruction is just blatantly asking for exploit.

Your concern of stagnant and dull sector bullies is correct, though in reality this would only solidify and conslidate informal carebear groups formally I doubt it would promote any new sector bullying ideaology that doesn't already take place. 

• AdmiralXanatos
    AdmiralXanatos
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 12
    zys123 said:
    Your ideas aren't solving much of what you're proposing:

1st Paragraph: As noted by myself a few posts above and mentioned by you, wings destroys any limits.

2nd Paragraph: This is just asking for exploit, if these people are already carebears and would want to do anything to help, they'll fly around insta-repair junk for members to farm to raise some remedial bar giving them a reward every week, if this was extended to bases you can bet that base hitting wars will grow bland to members moving platforms away and letting each other farm with no actual mutual resource loss and a steady progression of "reward". In extreme cases you're looking at alts (Yes, they are not allowed but KIX and FB quite obviously doesn't have the time to police low-radar account alts not attracting attention to themselves.) made to enter an alliance simply for the purpose of being farmed. All in all, allowing cooperative destruction is just blatantly asking for exploit.

Your concern of stagnant and dull sector bullies is correct, though in reality this would only solidify and conslidate informal carebear groups formally I doubt it would promote any new sector bullying ideaology that doesn't already take place. 
    That is true about the exploit thing, but the fact remains. Alliance systems should not be added. As I type this I already know there will be an alliance system, and the results of it will be as expected. I will also deal with the change in a mature fashion, but not without having expressed my thoughts on the topic. 
  • RoastKiwi
    RoastKiwi
    Greenhorn

Most of the features you want it to have are already in the Battle Pirates alliance system.

Roast Kiwi. Sweet or Salty? Bird or Fruit? You'll never know    >:B

• Beefington
    Beefington
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 20
    Has anyone played Kingdoms of Camelot (yes I know it's not a Kixeye product and that makes it taboo)? The Alliance system in that is quite good and I tend to like it a great deal more than the one in Battle Pirates.  It's incorporated into the messaging/gifting interface and works pretty well. It also allows for diplomacy settings with carious other alliances such as Friendly, Neutral and Hostile.

• Beefington
    Beefington
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 20
    *various - sorry

• charly.forgotten7
    charly.forgotten7
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 2
    edited 3 Jul 2013, 8:02AM
    Personally Id like to scroll out more, theres a lot space in combat looks like you could add 2 more fleets inside. Multi partys in the zone would be exiting adding new strats. They could add a war zone/button to open your fights to 2 extra players, and have a down time before it fades.

Only problems i see are:
    Someone fleeing, making you wait 5 minutes while you chase them around. (Already happens so yea... [Also a disengage button while in someones base would be nice])
    Getting gang up on, but if its a war zone/button activating it would be your choice, so you shoulda showed up with back up.

Also thinking it should only be 1 enemy players friend, and one of your friends who could join.

""Paying" tributes would be a nice addition to a MMORTS, any thoughts?"
  • Herald of Tzeentch
    Herald of Tzeentch
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 1,322
    Personally Id like to scroll out more, theres a lot space in combat looks like you could add 2 more fleets inside. Multi partys in the zone would be exiting adding new strats. They could add a war zone/button to open your fights to 2 extra players, and have a down time before it fades.

Only problems i see are:
    Someone fleeing, making you wait 5 minutes while you chase them around. (Already happens so yea... [Also a disengage button while in someones base would be nice])
    Getting gang up on, but if its a war zone/button activating it would be your choice, so you shoulda showed up with back up.

Also thinking it should only be 1 enemy players friend, and one of your friends who could join.

""Paying" tributes would be a nice addition to a MMORTS, any thoughts?"
    we can leave bases now by flying your remaining ships in the fleet to the green halo zone on the edge of the base map.(buttons are for rimmers)
    more that two fleets in a battle would be fun.
    Carebear Flu (C4B3 virus) symptoms : hot-flashes, tearing of the eyes, raw-throat, pain in the hands or fingers, sore knees, lower-back or buttock pain.

• KillerOperations
    KillerOperations
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 176
    we can leave bases now by flying your remaining ships in the fleet to the green halo zone on the edge of the base map.(buttons are for rimmers)
    more that two fleets in a battle would be fun.
    A fatal 4-way in fvf would be nice

• david.eriksson.52481
    david.eriksson.52481
    Tribune
    @Destro / the black skull - When is it comming? How will it be / features?

Ok, groups/alliances will come, but WHEN is the question of interest? This month, E3-4? Even this year?  

Other topics about the same subject:
    We still havnt recieved any news (other than "it will come"...) about alliance features, from devs/admins, give us something! 
    When are alliances comming? 
    What will alliances be like in Vega conflict?
    Why is it taking so long to add the alliance feature to the game?