June Work in Progress

• Vandon Hitsatuma
    Vandon Hitsatuma
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 50
    As i'm not seeing a July. Forum just yet... There are several things i'd like to note. 
    1. Dry dock for refitting ships. With all the continued ships being released monthly. It's becoming an absolute necessity. I'm backlogged about five fleet builds just from ships I've acquired  in the last five raids. I have two stingrays out of the last raid and I've yet to build more than 2 out of finishing another fleet. (build two for the raid) Aside from coining ship builds... Some of us can't afford this. It would be much appreciated.

2. I saw you all are working on "Fleet Interception" Assuming the idea is. Faster ship over taking fleeing ship? I am TIRED of being attacked/defending others and Missing the attacking fleet between lag, missed ship attacks. Before these updates You used to be able to defend bases by attacking ships in and out of bases.  but there are now ways around being hit. I.e leaving the base early, which personally I love the f.v.f (Fleet Vs Fleet) Aspect of this game far more than the base attacking.

3. the increase of the elite salv fleets and reduction of the regular salvs is a bit absurd. Why not simply increase the drop rate of Both salvages permanently. 
  • Raymond mcvay
    Raymond mcvay
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 1,670
    As i'm not seeing a July. Forum just yet... There are several things i'd like to note. 
    1. Dry dock for refitting ships. With all the continued ships being released monthly. It's becoming an absolute necessity. I'm backlogged about five fleet builds just from ships I've acquired  in the last five raids. I have two stingrays out of the last raid and I've yet to build more than 2 out of finishing another fleet. (build two for the raid) Aside from coining ship builds... Some of us can't afford this. It would be much appreciated.

2. I saw you all are working on "Fleet Interception" Assuming the idea is. Faster ship over taking fleeing ship? I am TIRED of being attacked/defending others and Missing the attacking fleet between lag, missed ship attacks. Before these updates You used to be able to defend bases by attacking ships in and out of bases.  but there are now ways around being hit. I.e leaving the base early, which personally I love the f.v.f (Fleet Vs Fleet) Aspect of this game far more than the base attacking.

3. the increase of the elite salv fleets and reduction of the regular salvs is a bit absurd. Why not simply increase the drop rate of Both salvages permanently. 

1. - 
    We should have the ability to at least do refits and builds at the same time. I proposed an idea that wouldn't take money out of Kixeye's pocket. - 
    What about giving us the 2nd Shipyard but... It takes the same amount of time to build hulls? Stick with me on this for a moment.

Example -  You have 10 workers and it takes them 2 days to build a wooden desk. 
     A. So you call over and tell them that you need a desk... Great Boss, we'll have one for you in two days!
         (10 workers work on the desk and finish the desk in two days)
     B. So you call over and tell them that you need two desks... Great Boss, we'll have two for you in four days!
         (10 workers work on one desk, finish it, then start the second one)
       ^^  This is what we currently have.  ^^
    But what if you split the workforce? Five workers each work on a desk at the same time. Granted, since you split the workforce, it now will take 50% longer, but you're getting two finished products at a time.

continuing with example - You have 10 workers and it takes them 2 days to build a wooden desk, but they have two work stations. (Or it would take 5 workers 3 days)
     1A. So you call over and tell them that you need a desk... Great Boss, we'll have one for you in two days!
           (10 workers work on one station and finish the desk in two days)
     1B. So you call over and tell them that you need two desks... Great Boss, we'll have two for you in three days!
           (5 workers go to station 1 and it takes them three days to make a desk and at the same time 5 workers go to station 2 and it takes them three days to make a desk)
       ^^  This is what we want, the ability to build/refit two hulls at a time.  ^^

So... with above example in mind. A 10 day build would take 10 days. A 50% reduction in time due to splitting your workforce would cause that 10 day build to take 15 days. But by splitting your production, you could be working on two at a time. 1 ship ='s 10 days, 2 ships ='s 15 days.

In this manner, Kix doesn't lose any time for a build, they still take just as long. BUT, the difference is at the end of the time frame, you would have two ships instead of one.

PRO - It takes the same amount of time so there would be no reduction in coining a fleet - Coining a fleet would still be the same, start a build (or refit) coin it done, start a build (or refit) coin it done, etc. But for others, it would tie up their yards 50% longer if they were building/refitting two ships, but you'd have two ships to show for it AND since it takes the same amount of time, but you now have two ways to "coin off the end" of a build (or refit), you are just increasing the ways in which players can spend. (So this would be a PRO for Kixeye as well)

2. - I believe Kix has tried to find a middle ground (depends on who you talk to, some say it was done on purpose, some say it is a glitch). The last update makes ships, with certain movements, Stop and Rotate to Turn, before heading in a new direction (like they do at the relay towers).
    IMHO, It's a "best of both" situation.
    - Players that wanted fleet interception got what they wanted, an easier way to intercept fleets. (Although they didn't get an intercept button, but they can intercept targets easier because of the new way the ships turn when changing direction.)
    - Players that were against fleet interception got their way, no button. (But now it takes a little more than the old automatic getaway by... "click go that way" to get away. As it is now, if you try the old "click go that way" approach, you will get hit because your ship will sit and turn before taking off increasing the odds that an attacker can catch you. You have to manage your steering and fleets a little better now to get away.)

3. - They screwed up all of the drop rates in my sector and I still don't get elite cargo fleets around my base. They shouldn't leave this as permanent, they should CHANGE IT BACK to what it was before. I actually got more elites (therefore, more crew points) before the switch.
    "The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, 
    but because he loves what is behind him" 

• WarCommanderOnline
    WarCommanderOnline
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 791
    DUDE when you going to get it in YOUR HEAD. You are not getting a dry dock!! ffs. 
  • Clint_Eastwood-TBH
    Clint_Eastwood-TBH
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 222
    someone forgot july work in progress? or is kixeye on vacation but not their wallet?
  • Vandon Hitsatuma
    Vandon Hitsatuma
    Potential Threat
    Thank you raymond....

However in your equation you're creating and dividing a set labor... On what fact of this are your generating these numbers? This being what it is... Kixeye does not have to sacrifice any or add any additional time. By adding a drydock. Your question doesn't add up to the reality of how the game can be manipulated in programming. What's to say... That each team doesn't have ten laborer's on each project... Simply by providing a new work station, aside from that, I Still know many players that would take said sacrifice of added time with your equation of divided labor.

2. This Idea of "fleet interception" by changing the turning radius applies to those who are trying to attack ships as well.  IT isn't quite fleet interception at all... When I began this game the severs had no lag time between those exiting bases. Making it easier to intercept fleets who had attacked bases. Since then players have realized if you leave the base early it creates a slight lag time just long enough to exit and escape, and it works 99% of the time. True fleet interception would be a faster ship overtaking another ship. Yes however I realize. This would create an major imbalance player imbalance. I'm simply saying..... there are loopholes in the game that are being exploited.

• Raymond mcvay
    Raymond mcvay
    For the 2nd Shipyard (Drydock, Shipyard 3, etc., etc. It has many name, I choose 2nd Shipyard)

The idea isn't necessarily how many workers, that was just an example. The idea is that it takes 100% of a workforce and divides it.

In my idea, if whatever we produce in one shipyard at the current moment is considered a 100% workforce, building a second shipyard would make both shipyards work half as fast if you were using both yards. In theory at least, you could assume that is because you are dividing the workforce between the two yards. I know this idea is not perfect, but I am trying to come up with something that would make both sides happy.

This is from a discussion I had about the idea awhile back - 

apharot2 said:
    I don't care about the current build times right now.  My threshers take 20 days to build, my SCs that I want to refit will take 7 days.  If I can build and refit at the same time, I'm fine with it taking 20 days and 7 days still.  The problem is how long it takes to build a fleet while waiting to refit a fleet.

That's kinda what I was getting at. With two yards, it does what you do now except, when both yards are in use, they operate at 50% capacity since you're splitting the work force. You could do refits and builds at the same time. The 10 day build thing was just an example of how it would work.

apharot2 said:
    That won't help.  If it's operating at 50%, then it's going to take longer to refit and build at the same time.  50% of 20 is 10, so now it's 30 days, and 50% of 7 is 3.5, so now it's 10.5 days.  Now I"m looking at over a month to refit and build at the same time.  That would be pointless and no one would use it.

apharot2 said:
    That's kinda what I was getting at. With two yards, it does what you do now except, when both yards are in use, they operate at 50% capacity since you're splitting the work force. You could do refits and builds at the same time. The 10 day build thing was just an example of how it would work.
    That won't help.  If it's operating at 50%, then it's going to take longer to refit and build at the same time.  50% of 20 is 10, so now it's 30 days, and 50% of 7 is 3.5, so now it's 10.5 days.  Now I"m looking at over a month to refit and build at the same time.  That would be pointless and no one would use it.
    Well, it wouldn't be pointless. The build and refit would be going at the same time so yes, over a month's worth of time... but you would have two yards putting something out. You'd have to wait 20 days to start your refit and then another 7 days to finish it, as it is now. With this, your refit would be done in 10.5 days (9.5 days sooner than it would have been had you been made to wait) and your build would be 1/3 of the way done. Which, if you didn't add anything into the 2nd shipyard, would resume full production. If you did add something into the 2nd shipyard at that point, it would remain at the slower pace so, still 20 days left on the build. Granted, this isn't the most efficient use of your time, but it does give the players the ability to put two yards into use and reduces some of the wait time.

edit - Even if you just used the the 20 day Thresher build in both of the yards... that's 100 days as it is now. Or, it could be 30 days for two. Four hulls would be done on 60 days and if you didn't utilize the 2nd yard during the last ship, it would take 20 days. You went from 100 days to build five of them (as it is now) to 80 days to build five of them (if we had this 2nd yard in this manner). Either way, it is a bonus to build times without actually taking time off of a build or refit, which should make Kix happy.

• Vandon Hitsatuma
    Vandon Hitsatuma
    Potential Threat
    I also forgot to mention that as turning may be affected clicking straight forward from your ship is not... So once again... there's no real improvement when someone knows ow to play the game.
  • Raymond mcvay
    Raymond mcvay
    edited 7 Jul 2013, 4:59AM
    I also forgot to mention that as turning may be affected clicking straight forward from your ship is not... So once again... there's no real improvement when someone knows ow to play the game.
    ^^ lol, I guess that is true ^^

But I think Kix is at least trying.

Whether it is trying to find middle ground that works for two players that each want something different, 
    - or -
    whether is it between themselves and the players (finding a balance between what Kix wants and what the players want.)

• Dan Reinhardt
    Dan Reinhardt
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 122
    Time given for these new Rogue Crews are not really worth their use. Why spend a different type of coin "earned" for something that lasts barely an hour?

As for these Raids?  I've never been able to do 4th and 5th lvl tiers without any assistance. Everything from time constraints for playtime and the choice for not paying into the game for this Coining concept. For me, the experience is cheapened and allows those who don't care where their money goes to dominate. Every time someone dominates a sector, players get discouraged and either quit or move from sector to sector. 

I enjoy Strategy games, and go for the challenge and experience gained from the new tactics and equipment. 

Nor do I really care anymore if I'm "Farmed"... I just wait for the time to continue completing the next challenge level or research tree... the OLD fashion way

How can you tell whether your ship is Antiquated?

You find that it can't do the target you attacked, TWO minutes ago
  • redrico
    redrico
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 425
    JULY WORKS IN PROGRESS .............lol

• Capt_Ghost_Minion
    Capt_Ghost_Minion
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 155
    i think i should be out Monday or sometime in the middle of week or near the end.. it be ready when kixeye is ready
    redrico said:

• Aladar jarok
    Aladar jarok
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 725
    if they wait another week it can be posted as august worked being planned LOL :)

• Capt_Ghost_Minion
    Capt_Ghost_Minion
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 155
    if they wait another week it can be posted as august worked being planned LOL :)

true

• THE_TROUBLE_MAKER
    THE_TROUBLE_MAKER
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 295
    ____ said:
    i think i should be out Monday or sometime in the middle of week or near the end.. it be ready when kixeye is ready
    redrico said:

"coming soon"
    It's coming "SOON". 

• redrico
    redrico
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 425
    come on July works in progress

• Its_3lackHavvk
    Its_3lackHavvk
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 386
    magicsarap said it would be up in a few days. so you guys can expect july WIP to be in sometime in the middle of the month...
    Raid Hulls - Battleship, Juggernaut, Sea Scorpion A, Mercury, SuperFortress, Hurricane, Battlecruiser, Mauler
    Raid Weapons -  Phalanx 1, 2,  Poesidon DC 1, Hail A, B, D91-S, D93-S, D95-S, Piranha DC 1, 2, Shredder Cannon 1, 2
    Raid Specials - Countermeasure Equipment 2, 3
    Raid Turrets - Arc Missiles 1,2,3
    Raid Tactical Modules - Siege Drone 1,2,3, Blitz Drone 2
    Raid Armors - D1-X, D1-C, D1-M, D2-V, D2-S, D2-E, D2-C, D2-M, D3-M, D3-T, D3-E
    Level: 50
  • arutyunov.a
    arutyunov.a
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 14
    Come on people, it is summer! Go play soccer or bascketball... and let kixeye have vacation. you know, the better person rests the bettet he/she works. So the longer vacation kixeye has the better content we will se in the following monthes. Concerning the later updates... i think kixeye need month ot two of vacation =)
  • luke.morin.1211
    luke.morin.1211
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 77
    Come on people, it is summer! Go play soccer or bascketball... and let kixeye have vacation. you know, the better person rests the bettet he/she works. So the longer vacation kixeye has the better content we will se in the following monthes. Concerning the later updates... i think kixeye need month ot two of vacation =)
    unfortunatly, thats now how MMOs make there money.. constantly updating the game, offering more features.. and implementing popular requests are how they make money.
  • John Seymour
    John Seymour
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 848
    July work in progress??? It not August yet :P
    The existence of the sea means the existence of pirates

Improvise, adapt, and overcome

Learn from your mistake

Accept nothing challenge everything

• mrwolf1976
    mrwolf1976
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 231
    any news on when it will come out
  • MagicSarap
    MagicSarap
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 5,522
    Closing this up as July's WIP is up. Thanks for waiting.
This discussion has been closed.