June Work in Progress

• Raymond mcvay
    Raymond mcvay
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 1,670

So just because a bunch of whining players is crying about blitz drones, you (Kixeye) goes and removes the ability to respond drones. HELLO morons! Each ship does have a limit to how many drones it can spawn anyway. All an attacker has to do is stay away from the base and let the Mothership (s) keep spawning drones and killing them off. Sooner or later the Mothership (s) will run out of drones. Hey since you guys (Kieye) is listening to people whine and giving them what they want. I want a Refit for the old Dreadnought, but one that doesn't bring it up to match the DNX. Something like decrease to spread or increase splash, but not both. 
    In other words, let the stupid Blitz Drone modules work the way they are suppose to work and don't give way to players whining. 
    They didn't change the base defense operation of the drones because of players whining, they changed the operation of the base drones operation because of a glitch to where the drones would respawn indefinitely without the owner refilling them. In fleet vs fleet, they had the proper limit, in certain base scenarios, they had unlimited drones. You went on a rant calling Kix morons and saying that they were listening to whiners. Kix wasn't listening to whiners, they FIXED the base drone glitch so the drones would have the limit as they were supposed to have in the first place. 

What I am saying is this. Let the system stand as is. Each Blitz Drone Module has a limit to the number of drones that it carries. Let the ship spawn drones until it runs out of drones. If the ship can spawn say 6 drones and has 40 extra drones, let it spawn 6 drone and let it replaced destroyed drones as they get destroyed. Let the ship go through its entire supply of 40 drones without any limitations. If the base controller is a stupid idiot to not repair a drone ship to replenish the drones, its their fault. 
    Don't limit the spawning capabilities because a bunch of players is whining about them. All they have to do is move to and area on the map that they can't be hit by base weapons and wait for the easy to destroy drones to come to their death. Since their is no limit to the number of attacks you can done on a base, keep returning to make sure the mothership runs out of drones, then move in for the base kill. 
    This type of ship has inherited faults: small number of weapons (Arbiter - 1 weapon, Hurricane - 2 weapons), low armor (Arbiter - 2 armor slots, Hurricane - 3 armor slots), limited number of drones and limited number of controlled drones. 
    In short. I feel that the inherited short comings of these ships and the fact that you can keep returning to make sure the drone ship runs out of drones is enough of a drawback to using a drone ship as a protection unit. Sure it puts additional combat units on the board that an attacking player has to deal with, but has a good guard ship, their endurance is a drawback.
    The only issue Kixeye should have to deal with is to make sure that the Blitz Drone equipped Arbiter or Hurricane doesn't automatically get is drones refilled without the owning player having to pay for the repairs. Basically: The ship is being auto- refilled with drones.
    In short: I am against changing the Blitz Drone Modules due to players whining unless there is an obvious error in the programming to the normal combat operation of the Blitz Drone system. A Blitz Drone equipped ship should preform the same way in Ship to Ship combat, Base Attack Combat or Base Defense. If they are preforming the same in each case, repair the program to make sure that they preform the way they should. Don't change the Base Defending performance just because a bunch of players is whining about another player using the Blitz Drone Module equipped ship as a defense unit and the attacking player is getting their **** handed to them. If the attacking player can't handle the drones of F'in well. Do as the US Marines do: Over come and adapt. Include a ship that is equipped with rapid firing close range support weapon and control it to get between the advancing drones and you base siege fleet. But most of all...STOP YOUR WHINING!

Nobody has argued the proper operation of the ship. We know how it is supposed to operate. Again, Kix didn't limit the number of drones because of player whining, they removed the "unlimited" amount of drones and made the ships work as they normally should (because they should normally have a limit to how many drones it can carry).

All they have to do is move to and area on the map that they can't be hit by base weapons and wait for the easy to destroy drones to come to their death. Since their is no limit to the number of attacks you can done on a base, keep returning to make sure the mothership runs out of drones, then move in for the base kill.  - That was the problem that was removed, that was the glitch. As it was, you could not move to an area on the map and just kill all of the drones because they would come back. The glitch made it to where the defender had an unlimited amount of drones. Kix removed/fixed that.
    "The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, 
    but because he loves what is behind him" 

• kenneth tyler
    kenneth tyler
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 21
    Hi I realy enjoy the game and agree you need to leave the drones as they are when you Kixeye made them . I do think you need to make base walls stronger and we need about 4 more land tiles. I would also like to see the dry dock come into effect soon to help with refits on old fleets . We don't get enough time to build new fleets we win in the raids before the next raid comes up or maybe shorten build time for each ship , something needs to be worked out on this problem . Now on white screens and bad lag is the pits when in a battle , this needs to be fixed before anything so we can enjoy the game which will make us want to play more and maybe some would coin more . THANKS and have a GREAT DAY .
  • croce.tarsi.1
    croce.tarsi.1
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 10
    really military fleets again lets do something else besides that
  • Raymond mcvay
    Raymond mcvay
    Hi I realy enjoy the game and agree you need to leave the drones as they are when you Kixeye made them . I do think you need to make base walls stronger and we need about 4 more land tiles. I would also like to see the dry dock come into effect soon to help with refits on old fleets . We don't get enough time to build new fleets we win in the raids before the next raid comes up or maybe shorten build time for each ship , something needs to be worked out on this problem . Now on white screens and bad lag is the pits when in a battle , this needs to be fixed before anything so we can enjoy the game which will make us want to play more and maybe some would coin more . THANKS and have a GREAT DAY .
    So you're saying that you wanted Kixeye to leave the glitch in place so that you would have an unlimited amount of drones in your base?
    I don't know about you (maybe you don't attack bases), but I hated the "unlimited" glitch.

• john_vanacker
    john_vanacker
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 68

Okay, lets get past this, we are never going to get a dry dock to do refits.  If we get that there is much less chance that money is going to be paid to the game creators on operators in order to speed up fleet builds or repair.  We all know this so lets just put it out there where it belongs.  I would love the option myself, but realistically it is against the better interest of the controlling company to do so.  Furthermore, this company doing so would be so out of character as to cause massive coronary attacks around the world.  Do you really want all of your in game friends to die of shock like that?

• RyujiThePirate
    RyujiThePirate
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 97
    When the heck are you going to add the draconian bases? They are marked rep targets but when the hell can we hit them? This is making me wanna quit
    Killing Drakes and Taking names :spurtz:
    (Lv33) Traveler, Helper, Conquer
    Winner of the HH-A, Barracuda, Goliath, Strike Cruiser, Battle Cruiser, Destroyer, Light Cruiser and Interdictor
  • Im Spectating You
    Im Spectating You
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 138
    Whats the new enemy going to be? Just curious, i dont want anything super hard to face all i want is the millitary fleets or outposts. No typhoons.

Battle Pirates: lvl 63
    War Commander: lvl 32
    Vega Conflict: lvl 26

Owner of the: Juggernaut, Battleship, Battlecruiser, Battlecruiser-X, HH-B, Spectre, Triton, Thresher, Halo, Hurricane, Mercury, Mauler, Disruptor Cannon, Missile Cruiser, Goliath, Missile Cruiser X, Dreadnought X, Nuke Cruiser, Beserker, Strike Cruiser and many more lol
  • Barbara Krick
    Barbara Krick
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 4
    ok so has it been confirmed yet as to whether or not the raid is this wkend or the wkend of the 20th? i am seeing 2 different dates on here
  • Zero.X
    Zero.X
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 177
    edited 10 Jun 2013, 8:09PM
    Maverik-X said:

here is my idea: Ship times are horrible. Merc fleets are cool but usually suck.

#1 Leave ship builds alone for fleet ships.

#2 Create Temp ships. For example you can build a fleet of ships based upon what your research etc has opened. Rather then taking 5-20 days for the ships to be built, these versions take a few hours based on the type of ships. These ships can also be any ship type from the ships you have unlocked the hulls for but are limited to ONLY forsaken hulls, tech, and guns. These ships are not repairable. In other words once they are dead, they are dead!

#3 These fleets should be able to hull cargo but rather then docking they can "Drop Off" what they collected and are always exposed in the open waters.

#4 You can use them for fleet to fleet battles just like normal fleets.

#5. The build times should be short on these ships since they are gone once they die and their cost should be lower then the regular build ships.

****This will give players much more to do/enjoy while building their fully functional fleets.****

RTS games are fun and enjoyable because there is always things to do.....This game is 50/50 for me. I love battling, the events etc...but I hate waiting forever to do anything. With this option You aren't stuck waiting days for builds, repairs to be able to have fun.

You still have to put in time and effort to research and hunt blueprints and get the awesome hulls built etc.....but this gives you the chance to do more then just click build, and wait.

This has absolutely nothing to do with this thread if you want to make a thread about this please put it on wishlist not June Work in Progress
    It has everything thing to do with this thread you troll. They add this they add that and then the post it and ask for feedback. Yet they won't fix the simplest problems of the game. This game has been in BETA for well over 2 years. Quit adding crap and fix the game you already have. Then expand. 

How many flash crashes do you get a day? How many blue maps etc do you get a day? 

I love the game and when I'm on Facebook I want to see a 5 star rating with fantastic reviews, but look at it now. 3 stars..... You think adding more crap without handling the basic things that people hate about the game are going to make it a better game? I guess if you want to log in and find 1 or 2 other player in the entire game for you to play against you'd be happy.

BTW last I checked the title of this forum is Future & FEEDBACK. 
    Not a troll if you wanna see one just look for Magic Bunny. I'm just stating the fact that this comment of yours has nothing to with this thread if you read what I said "This has absolutely nothing to do with this thread if you want to make a thread about this please put it on wishlist not June Work in Progress.  This Forum is future features and feedback but this thread is about JUNE WORK IN PROGRESS. Kixeye post's future plans and we comment about it and they review or comments for said thread.

Everyone encounters those issues with blue screens lag etc.. What you wrote has nothing to with this thread this thread is for JUNE WORK IN PROGRESS. You commented a idea for something new which would belong on Wishlist. You left no feedback for JUNE WORK IN PROGRESS just stated an idea. I'm not saying your idea is bad or anything just that it doesn't belong here. If you wanna report bugs use community support or send a ticket in to support. Just keep comments on topic please.
    Maverik_X , W.A.R. Alliance.

• Kickass BDS
    Kickass BDS
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 1,426
    With all due respect to whomever actually deserves it, who is approving anymore development work on this game at this point???? Kixeye still hasn't got the LAST UPDATE fixed, and this company is devoting resources to more additions and changes.....as a rule there should be ZERO work done on anything else until ALL issues from the last update are fixed. It still amazes me how this game still functions at all with the way things are done. Every single major update has had major issues. EVERY ONE. Don't you think  a bit more effort and testing is required before you roll out an update??? and when (not if) the update is released, if it is not fixed within 24 hrs...ROLL BACK THE GAME. 
     Kickass (BDS)  
    Sector: CURRENTLY PLAYING "another game" (name redacted because of a forum mod's threat of a ban)............... because Battle Pirates Devs DO NOT LISTEN and REFUSE to do what is NEEDED  to put Battle Pirates back on track.
     ------------------------------------------------------------------- 
    Youtube:

-------------------------------------------------------------------
  • noah.beebe.7
    noah.beebe.7
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 2
    when is the next raid???? is it in June waaaaaa
  • MAD_BROWN
    MAD_BROWN
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 15
    This changing the elites (which isn't included in work in progress) is a joke, 2 lvl 55 elites and my dreads are all but dead. I send a ticket in enquiring about them spliting etc and the response i get is that the fleet is behaving correctly ? ? 
  • Dublin
    Dublin
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 309
    When the heck are you going to add the draconian bases? They are marked rep targets but when the hell can we hit them? This is making me wanna quit
    Really? the dam game doesnt work for **** as it is and you want them to open them up before they fix it? What do you think will happen if they do?
  • The Whip
    The Whip
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 124
    So that level 37 outpost...... with the battleship that has a torpedo. Kixeye you guys are just **** dicks sometimes, you know that? Learn some respect!

• Zero.X
    Zero.X
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 177
    ok so has it been confirmed yet as to whether or not the raid is this wkend or the wkend of the 20th? i am seeing 2 different dates on here
    Raids are every 3rd Thursday unless Kixeye states otherwise .......
    Maverik_X , W.A.R. Alliance.

• exracer327
    exracer327
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 595

June Work in Progress

Alliance Revisions

• Revisions have been made to terminology regarding Alliance Points and Alliance XP. We have uncapped Alliance Points and players can now compete with their fellow captains to dominate the new leaderboard

Magic, can we get some clarification on how this alliance pts thing is supposed to work now?  

For instance, the alliance timer reset today, but the pts didn't.  Then y'all reset the points, but we get reset to zero points every single week?  So there is no longer any lifetime pts?  And why is it I hit bases and elites all day long but now have zero pts to show for it?

The most puzzling; why is it that when I look at the sector leaderboards, my pts have been reset but everyone else still shows their pts to date (last week and today's points)?

Which part of the alliance pts is a glitch and which is the way it is supposed to work?  thanks!

Thank you

So here is the question; what is a glitch and what is how it is supposed to work?

So, what's fun about this thread is the admission of hacking on an alternate account, but unfortunately you neglected to realize that this forum account has the same registered email address as your primary Facebook & Battle Pirates account.

Whoops.
  • NM_Bgood
    NM_Bgood
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 520
    edited 11 Jun 2013, 5:17AM

Maverik-X said:
    Not a troll if you wanna see one just look for Magic Bunny. I'm just stating the fact that this comment of yours has nothing to with this thread if you read what I said "This has absolutely nothing to do with this thread if you want to make a thread about this please put it on wishlist not June Work in Progress.  This Forum is future features and feedback but this thread is about JUNE WORK IN PROGRESS. Kixeye post's future plans and we comment about it and they review or comments for said thread.

Everyone encounters those issues with blue screens lag etc.. What you wrote has nothing to with this thread this thread is for JUNE WORK IN PROGRESS. You commented a idea for something new which would belong on Wishlist. You left no feedback for JUNE WORK IN PROGRESS just stated an idea. I'm not saying your idea is bad or anything just that it doesn't belong here. If you wanna report bugs use community support or send a ticket in to support. Just keep comments on topic please.
    I did leave comment and feedback in regards to June work in progress.  My statement simple states that instead of doing all this new stuff to tweak the systems they already have in place and to make them better. It also states how to go about doing it. therefore it is relevant. You have ever ability to skip past my post if you don't want to read it. 

And the lag a blue map screen etc are relevant to this thread as well. I have never had lag in the game, but I get 3 or 4 flash crashes in 30 minutes of playing. Do you think by adding merc officers its going to fix bugs? Or its going to make me want to keep playing. No adding more crap is going to make more bugs on top of the bigger bugs.

Do not missunderstand me, new content is always a plus for any game. What good is new content though if you can't stay in game long enough to play it?
    This game is meant to keep you playing over a long time period. You will not get all the toys right away. 

• Rene Arredondo
    Rene Arredondo
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 2
    Why we say that the Siege missile are flak evasion but still the flak are shooting them down. Is there a Glitch or whats up with this
  • jimmy5ty
    jimmy5ty
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 191
    Cant wait!
    <-------- click

Just started my 138 day dreadnought blitz fleet build.
    Whats 4 and a half months and 3 billion resources? lol

• Raymond mcvay
    Raymond mcvay
    Why we say that the Siege missile are flak evasion but still the flak are shooting them down. Is there a Glitch or whats up with this
    No, it is not a glitch. It is because the Siege Missile only shows a percentage of Flak Evasion (it's something like 25%). That is about one out of every four missiles fired will evade (and that is out of the missiles that would have been intercepted by flak).

• john_vanacker
    john_vanacker
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 68
    Hey rene, don't the glitches seem to be stacking up on us. lol
  • Raymond mcvay
    Raymond mcvay
    Hey rene, don't the glitches seem to be stacking up on us. lol
    That may be true. But Siege Missile Flak Evasion isn't a glitch. It was made that way on purpose.

• Arma-Get-It-On
    Arma-Get-It-On
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 4,418

What I am saying is this. Let the system stand as is. Each Blitz Drone Module has a limit to the number of drones that it carries. Let the ship spawn drones until it runs out of drones. If the ship can spawn say 6 drones and has 40 extra drones, let it spawn 6 drone and let it replaced destroyed drones as they get destroyed. Let the ship go through its entire supply of 40 drones without any limitations. If the base controller is a stupid idiot to not repair a drone ship to replenish the drones, its their fault. 
    Don't limit the spawning capabilities because a bunch of players is whining about them. All they have to do is move to and area on the map that they can't be hit by base weapons and wait for the easy to destroy drones to come to their death. Since their is no limit to the number of attacks you can done on a base, keep returning to make sure the mothership runs out of drones, then move in for the base kill. 
    This type of ship has inherited faults: small number of weapons (Arbiter - 1 weapon, Hurricane - 2 weapons), low armor (Arbiter - 2 armor slots, Hurricane - 3 armor slots), limited number of drones and limited number of controlled drones. 
    In short. I feel that the inherited short comings of these ships and the fact that you can keep returning to make sure the drone ship runs out of drones is enough of a drawback to using a drone ship as a protection unit. Sure it puts additional combat units on the board that an attacking player has to deal with, but has a good guard ship, their endurance is a drawback.
    The only issue Kixeye should have to deal with is to make sure that the Blitz Drone equipped Arbiter or Hurricane doesn't automatically get is drones refilled without the owning player having to pay for the repairs. Basically: The ship is being auto- refilled with drones.
    In short: I am against changing the Blitz Drone Modules due to players whining unless there is an obvious error in the programming to the normal combat operation of the Blitz Drone system. A Blitz Drone equipped ship should preform the same way in Ship to Ship combat, Base Attack Combat or Base Defense. If they are preforming the same in each case, repair the program to make sure that they preform the way they should. Don't change the Base Defending performance just because a bunch of players is whining about another player using the Blitz Drone Module equipped ship as a defense unit and the attacking player is getting their **** handed to them. If the attacking player can't handle the drones of F'in well. Do as the US Marines do: Over come and adapt. Include a ship that is equipped with rapid firing close range support weapon and control it to get between the advancing drones and you base siege fleet. But most of all...STOP YOUR WHINING!
    There was a bug that made Drone modules in a base defense fleet spawn unlimited drones. In some scenarios you couldn't drain the drone modules by sitting in a safespot and killing them by entering the base again and again as they would insta-refill, much like the base guard insta repair bug going on these day, giving the defender an unfair advantage over the attacker. That drone bug has now been fixed so they won't insta refill anymore. Do you get it now?
  • Arctic Wolf PEK
    Arctic Wolf PEK
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 105
    Ummmm, in the statement it say's that missions are reverting back to Wednesdays........ hello...... it's Wednesday...... did someone forget?????
  • BlackOPs59117
    BlackOPs59117
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 34
    Still no official word on the date for Raid Event then? Many are assuming its 20th June. Please Kixeye give us the heads up..
    DISABILITY comes in all forms, accept & deal with it, then move on....
  • Dark_Soul
    Dark_Soul
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 8
    Ummmm, in the statement it say's that missions are reverting back to Wednesdays........ hello...... it's Wednesday...... did someone forget?????
    Kixeye strikes again...bout says it all. Must have forgot to hit the reset button.
  • nuritsubusu
    nuritsubusu
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 276
    The earliest we will know when the raid i would be tomorrow around about noon. We'll receive information one week before the raid
  • Dark_Soul
    Dark_Soul
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 8
    The earliest we will know when the raid i would be tomorrow around about noon. We'll receive information one week before the raid
    Mission not raid lol
  • nuritsubusu
    nuritsubusu
    Minor Nuisance
    Dark_Soul said:
    Mission not raid lol
    Well MagicSarap said in a thread last night that the FM will begin on Thursday due to problems with the update.
  • nuritsubusu
    nuritsubusu
    Minor Nuisance
    After the raid he said they'll begin on Wendesdays, which also answers the question: yes, the raid is next week.
This discussion has been closed.