June Work in Progress

MagicSarap
MagicSarap
Unicorn Overlord
Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 5,522
edited 5 Jun 2013, 10:30PM

June Work in Progress

Certain Forsaken Captains are gaining Reputation for being fearsome combatants in the war against the Draconians. Groups of Forsaken fighters known as Rogue Crews have begun to lend their skills to Captains with enough of this Reputation. Their unique abilities will be an asset as the Forsaken turn their attention to entrenched Draconian forces.

Primary Features:

• Reputation will be a new currency that players can earn by attacking Draconian targets. The more Draconian ships and buildings a player destroys, the more Reputation they will earn. Reputation can be spent on Rogue Crews to enhance a player’s fleet.

• Rogue Crews

• Players will have the ability to earn random Rogue Crews by spending Reputation. Rogue Crews are assigned to a player’s fleet and will enhance all ships for a period of time. There are a variety of crews that enhance stats and add new abilities like Critical Hits and Speed Bursts.

• Forsaken Missions

• We will be releasing new Blueprint prizes in Forsaken Missions during the month of June. We will also be reverting the start day to Wednesday, after receiving feedback from players.

• June Event

• Players will face a new enemy in addition to the Draconian Military Fleets. Players will also be able to take their pick of top prizes, then they can redeem prizes at each tier on their second time through.  

• Gifting Gold via Premium Gifts

• Players can now gift Gold to other players. This is a great way for veteran players to help out junior players. 

• Alliance Revisions

• Revisions have been made to terminology regarding Alliance Points and Alliance XP. We have uncapped Alliance Points and players can now compete with their fellow captains to dominate the new leaderboard

Game Improvements

• Drones no longer respawn indefinitely when used as part of a Base Defense Fleet.

• Resolved one scenario where Base Defense Fleets regain all of their health.

• Torpedo projectiles no longer travel through land tiles.

• Its_3lackHavvk
    Its_3lackHavvk
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 386
    so there will be a drac hunt 5?
    Raid Hulls - Battleship, Juggernaut, Sea Scorpion A, Mercury, SuperFortress, Hurricane, Battlecruiser, Mauler
    Raid Weapons -  Phalanx 1, 2,  Poesidon DC 1, Hail A, B, D91-S, D93-S, D95-S, Piranha DC 1, 2, Shredder Cannon 1, 2
    Raid Specials - Countermeasure Equipment 2, 3
    Raid Turrets - Arc Missiles 1,2,3
    Raid Tactical Modules - Siege Drone 1,2,3, Blitz Drone 2
    Raid Armors - D1-X, D1-C, D1-M, D2-V, D2-S, D2-E, D2-C, D2-M, D3-M, D3-T, D3-E
    Level: 50
  • RadMan81
    RadMan81
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 269
    will this month raid be on june 20??? also will we get the 5pts for hitting op's in mission since u mention buildings as well as drac ships???
  • cliftontd@aol.com
    [email protected]
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 483
    So just because a bunch of whining players is crying about blitz drones, you (Kixeye) goes and removes the ability to respond drones. HELLO morons! Each ship does have a limit to how many drones it can spawn anyway. All an attacker has to do is stay away from the base and let the Mothership (s) keep spawning drones and killing them off. Sooner or later the Mothership (s) will run out of drones. Hey since you guys (Kieye) is listening to people whine and giving them what they want. I want a Refit for the old Dreadnought, but one that doesn't bring it up to match the DNX. Something like decrease to spread or increase splash, but not both. 
    In other words, let the stupid Blitz Drone modules work the way they are suppose to work and don't give way to players whining. 
    You better stand tall when they're calling you out! Don't bend, don't break Baby, don't back down! (Bon Jovi)
  • DrJordano
    DrJordano
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 1,604
    I have a question as to the gold gifting feature. I can only gift 50 gold at a time currently, does the code itself decide when to give me other options as well? Basically what I'm asking is does the gift amounts you are given is based amount on how much gold you have purchased in the past? 
    You can do anything you set your mind to. Yeah I'm talking to you reading this. 
  • rafius
    rafius
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 1,700
    So just because a bunch of whining players is crying about blitz drones, you (Kixeye) goes and removes the ability to respond drones. HELLO morons! Each ship does have a limit to how many drones it can spawn anyway. All an attacker has to do is stay away from the base and let the Mothership (s) keep spawning drones and killing them off. Sooner or later the Mothership (s) will run out of drones. Hey since you guys (Kieye) is listening to people whine and giving them what they want. I want a Refit for the old Dreadnought, but one that doesn't bring it up to match the DNX. Something like decrease to spread or increase splash, but not both. 
    In other words, let the stupid Blitz Drone modules work the way they are suppose to work and don't give way to players whining. 
    So..are you for or against the infinite drones?  I'm confused.
    We are working on many things at once. Alliances, Drac bases (really!), Messaging, Fleet Interception. Are all actively being worked on. Just because we release other, smaller, features does not mean we are not progressing with the larger ones.
  • rafius
    rafius
    The June Event sounds like we will get a new drac enemy, like the forsaken general whats-his-face.  Sounds like another Duck Hunt, with a different graphic for a bad guy.
    We are working on many things at once. Alliances, Drac bases (really!), Messaging, Fleet Interception. Are all actively being worked on. Just because we release other, smaller, features does not mean we are not progressing with the larger ones.
  • Grumpy Pirate
    Grumpy Pirate
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 3,339
    edited 5 Jun 2013, 7:00PM

June Work in Progress

Primary Features:

• June Event

• Players will face a new enemy in addition to the Draconian Military Fleets. Players will also be able to take their pick of top prizes, then they can redeem prizes at each tier on their second time through.

How will the new enemies work in conjunction with the military fleets? Are they going to replace some fleet levels or be an additional requirement to certain fleets or will the current system be changed back to the old points system and only certain fleet levels spawn for targets?

More importantly will there be a preview server for this?
    Sitting back watching the whole fine mess while sipping a cup of tea
  • Seth Whitley
    Seth Whitley
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 17
    sounds great, now just ready to find out if that goliath is coming back out as a tier 4! :D
  • rafius
    rafius

June Work in Progress

Primary Features:

• June Event

How will the new enemies work in conjunction with the military fleets? Are they going to replace some fleet levels or be an additional requirement to certain fleets? Or will the current system be changed back to the old points system and only certain fleet levels spawn for targets?

More importantly will there be a preview server for this?
    Kix called the fleets in the drac hunts "Draconian Military Fleets" so you should assume that the next event will be like the previous drac hunts.
  • TheSFC
    TheSFC
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 22
    funny cause that is how it was suppose to work  then whem u leave the base the drone magically all repaired and started spitting them out again.. just saying what u didn't realize.
    if u need help with possible problem solving problems with Battle pirates message me on facebook. my facebook add is [email protected]
  • saphire265
    saphire265
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 121
    coool improvements to bad im bann and have to get hh a to atleast asure mi **** in the 4th tier next week lol
  • VictimRLSH
    VictimRLSH
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 139
    Thanks for not allowing torpedoes to travel through land tiles, that one was frustrating.

• Yanusal
    Yanusal
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 878
    So when will we see the implementation of the reputation points?
  • BLACK CAESAR
    BLACK CAESAR
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,549
    I'm not going to try to speculate how the raid is going to be. It is a waste of time until after the teaser is released. Good job Kixeye!!! You guys are handling business.
    Blah blah blah just stfu foolio!!!
  • WaterDog
    WaterDog
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 1,321
    Thanks for putting this out with in the 1st week and not during the middle of the month.
  • alwaysrunning
    alwaysrunning
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 530
    I can't wait for this reputation!!!!!!
    Hulls won: Cuda, Goliath, Spectre, Super fortress, Hurricane, Mercury, Mauler, Vindicator, Interdictor, Dreadnought X, Berserker, nighthawk, thresher, scx, jugx, mastadon, avenger, hellhound, atlas cruiser, interceptor, enforcer, and a bunch more crap.

Weapons: Chaos Mortar, Impulse F and U, Javelin, halo, siege torp d65 z, disruptor turret, inferno rockets, cryo launcher, magma thrower, siege missile d55z

Not a penny spent on this game!

• THE_TROUBLE_MAKER
    THE_TROUBLE_MAKER
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 295
    edited 5 Jun 2013, 9:07PM
    WaterDog said:
    Thanks for putting this out with in the 1st week and not during the middle of the month.
    I agree with WaterDog. Having it early can tell us a lot about what this month is going to be like. Kixeye also hurry up with the reputation and the Rogue Crews. Been waiting since last month for it. It was originally in the May's work in Progress. 

• D_esperado
    D_esperado
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 68
    this mean Drac Hunt 5 ??? please admin answer to know !
    bp name : DESPERADO
    bp lvl : 65
    blueprint : almost all

i love to make drama always any time ..

join me ..

• mkaeder
    mkaeder
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 1
    Really another duck hunt???? Isn't it time for something new, something that ALL players of ALL levels can have a shot at??
  • Captain Awesome
    Captain Awesome
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 1,092
    Not another Drac Hunt... I was looking forward to something new
  • ongley69
    ongley69
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 93
    Hope there will be mayb more information about what the prizes will be for this months raid
  • UFO_Phoenix
    UFO_Phoenix
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 36
    You guys are missing the clues ..... "Players will face a new enemy in addition to the Draconian Military Fleets." -

In Kixeye language, this means that they will be replacing one or more target fleets with a raid on the Draconian Base that has been in a bubble for a month. It should definitely add to the all-around strategy of the event. It will be something different, yet not having to hit the Drac Base 50 times to get the top tier prize...... They do this in some of the events that they have in War Commander - where you get attacked and then you counter-attack.

Looking forward to it!
  • IceNorth
    IceNorth
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 34
    I hope reputation thing starts soon, we are gonna have to stock up before the event. (Btw this just sounds like things are gonna get even harder .....like slapping those towers from lvl 50 militaries on everything....)
  • Zack Kruse
    Zack Kruse
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 71
    no june event?

• Get_U_Sum_HOW
    Get_U_Sum_HOW
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 847
    It said missions to start on wed but its wed and no mission
  • BADkins
    BADkins
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 145
    So, is there going to be a forsaken mission this week? Or no?
    Battle Pirates IGN: BADkins
    Level: 56
    Current Sector: 113
    Sectors Visited: 4,45,88,110,113,126,210,219,330,435
    Alliance:  Maelstrom of Death [MSOD]
    Prizes Won: Battleship,Battle Barge A, Leviathan A, light cruiser,Light Cruiser X,,Frigate, Destroyer, Corvette,Destroyer X. Battle Cruiser X, Battle Cruiser, Mercury, Hammerhead A,Hammerhead B, Floating Fortress A, Sea Scorpion A,,Hurricane,Mauler,Missile Crusier,DNX,Stingray, all Hailstorms, Phalanx 1&2, Javelin,Assualt Cannon Z, and more some specials, weapons and armor.
    "Battle Pirates is not just a game, BUT a way of Life! :P

• Martin.alvarado93
    Martin.alvarado93
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 10
    Please give us an update on when the Raid Event will be. I just hope it will not be part of June 22 to 29th, I will be on a mission trip and want to know if I will miss it or not. Please Give us some dates.
  • xDartbladex
    xDartbladex
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 129
    RadMan81 said:
    will this month raid be on june 20??? also will we get the 5pts for hitting op's in mission since u mention buildings as well as drac ships???
    thats for the rogue crews not missions 
This discussion has been closed.