Missile Cruiser or Goliath for June Event

• Paulholio
    Paulholio
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 466
    Goliath is much needed for base defense, especially with the base attack themed ships we have seen recently such as the Thresher. Heck, maybe even a second version of the Goliath would be nice as well.
    Paulholio
  • Mr.Bomtastic
    Mr.Bomtastic
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 234
    are we talking the actual MCX or the horrible MC? lol 
    MC, not the MCX. Just to clarify.

MC, isn't as good as the mcx. Not many people are going to go for it. rather have the Goliath to help out base defence. but if whteever is chosen. it should be in tier 4.  
  • Brutal669x
    Brutal669x
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 24
    The little guys need a chance at some proper base defense
    Don't Mistake my Kindness to be weakness, for in this world consisting of sheep and wolves, My teeth are long sharp and deadly...
  • LandedKiller 22
    LandedKiller 22
    Master Tactician
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 2,291
    Dylan Anderson said:<br />
    are we talking the actual MCX or the horrible MC? lol <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    MC, not the MCX. Just to clarify.

When is the dreadnought going to make an appearance again? And has the team thought of adding another tier to forasaken missions for past raid hulls or for exclusive blueprints. ~O) *-:)
  • dread_munky13
    dread_munky13
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 5
    I say Goliath. The past set of raids has had NUMEOUS ship designs for attacking bases, and FvF battles. Players who are just reaching the level 40 stage or just above need something available for base defense vs the dreads, mcx, threshers, mercury, etc etc.. And if this last raid is any indication of toughness for next raid, they should be a tier 4 option, as many people who do not super-coin raids would not be able to get tier 5.. Speaking of.. "SARAP"---- will this be a point-based raid or something other than 50-fleet setup?
  • SynErwin
    SynErwin
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 205
    Goliath Becuases its a MUST HAVE base defence

Btw I like this Cuase this way the players get a choice on what they want to see in the raids
    BP lvl: 51
    WC lvl: 31 (SWC)
    Alliance: Avenged 7 Raiders (A7R)
    Hulls: Mauler, Interdictor, Barracuda, Rampart ,Mercury, Battlecruiser, HHA, Levi A, BB A, LC, Destroyer X, Destroyer
    Date Started Playing: May 7th 2011
    Sectors Visited: 68,309,355,356(Home, No Rules and known as traitor to NMNC there),357,478,498 (current),384,187, 35, 476, 167
    Names Sailed Under: DarkShadow, SEA_GUARDIAN, Darkness_AoD, Syndicate, SynErwin (current)

• Chanook
    Chanook
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 377
    Tier 5 = Goliath
    Tier 4 = MC

Goliath is too powerfull to be in tier 4 and MC isn't good enough for tier 5
  • mentalmatt
    mentalmatt
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 25
    lol goliath was tier 4 before i was away dam thing
  • LarsB
    LarsB
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 15,313

Would love to see a new type of hull that was designed as a mobile defense platform. The Goliath is nice but something with more resistance or weapon range but slow. The Goliath is ok in some areas but with so few weapon slots its more of a sitting road block then a defender.

Something with increased Anti Mortar or Anti Missile range with decent resistance. Keeping it slow would keep the use low in raid events.

On an off topic note to the ship choice, would someone let me know the last time the Anti Missile weapons were offered?

Triton?
    WC: Lvl: 35 User ID: 933725 Sector: 38
    Prizes won: Elite Rifleman, Elite Heavy Gunner, Attack Dog, Stinger, Shock Trooper, Colossus, Gladiator, Elite Humvee, Honey Badger, Elite Gatling Truck, Elite Shock Tank, Flak Tank, FAV, Elite Laser Tank + Schematic, Elite Hellfire+ Schematic, Elite Mega Tank, Behemoth, Reaper Drone, Elite Warhawk , Havoc, Hellstorm, Kondor, Heavy Ionized Armor

I am not a moderator or developer and I do not work for ♞KIXEYE in any way, I'm just an Elder of the game

• LarsB
    LarsB
    Unicorn Overlord
    TheBAM said:
    we need a new kind of event as well, otherwise the lvl 40 fleet need to be nerfed, its realy hard to take that 40 and the mcx may be worth keeping it but only the mc it really needs to be a little easier, we are tired of having almost unreacheable event unless u coin your way in it... we are all aware that this is a n enterprise therefore u need to make money but i would be nice to se a event or two were u can fairly win a thing or two without coining it
    It is most likely going to be a new event
    Neither one it has been to long since SC and DNX have been offered

True but they would most likely be tier 5 or highest leveled offered and his question sounds more like the second highest level and the MC hasn't even been released a second time
    SC is tier 4.... It has been released in tier 4 before. 
    Prizes won: Elite Rifleman, Elite Heavy Gunner, Attack Dog, Stinger, Shock Trooper, Colossus, Gladiator, Elite Humvee, Honey Badger, Elite Gatling Truck, Elite Shock Tank, Flak Tank, FAV, Elite Laser Tank + Schematic, Elite Hellfire+ Schematic, Elite Mega Tank, Behemoth, Reaper Drone, Elite Warhawk , Havoc, Hellstorm, Kondor, Heavy Ionized Armor

I am not a moderator or developer and I do not work for ♞KIXEYE in any way, I'm just an Elder of the game

• LarsB
    LarsB
    Unicorn Overlord
    edited 28 May 2013, 12:10PM
    I want to see Goliath and MC or SC on the 4th tier, but at the same time I did miss out on the Triton due to technical difficulties that raid. Tough decision, but Golis hands down.
    Triton will probably be tier 5, and kixeye's patterns indicate it will be re-offered this event. 

• LarsB
    LarsB
    Unicorn Overlord
    Er
    Goliath, much needed these days for base defense. 
    Since the triton was introduced, there's no need for the goliath. More slots, more opportunities, less repair time. I am working on a 4 trits+1hurricane sollution. Trits for stopping fleets, hurricane for killing spec-base-preppers

Why missile system? That's a real sucky build if you ask me. 

• LarsB
    LarsB
    Unicorn Overlord
    TheBAM said:
    That would definitely mess up the game balance.

so, it would make ALOT more people happier

It would make the noobs happy. You really should learn what 'balance' means to a game. 

• TheDeathDestoryer_SS
    TheDeathDestoryer_SS
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 45
    nickcamp said:
    I think we should have the interdictors put in the next raid
    I agree though the forsaken version of the interdictor was put in DH3 
    User ID: 306466
    Player Name: TheDeathDestroyer_SS
    Level: 62
    Decent Hulls Won: Nuclear Cruiser, Dreadnaught X, Strike Cruiser X, Baracudas, Goliath and Vindicator.
    Alliance: None
    Battle Pirates Add Me Page admin (Currykid98)
  • Warhorse5
    Warhorse5
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1
    I would say Goliath but i agree that maybe a goliath a or another version of it maybe just to make it a little newer and maybe better since there have been a ton of new base hitters, time for  a beefed up base defender, either way new or old goliath would be cool
  • KRUNK_THE_SPARTAN
    KRUNK_THE_SPARTAN
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 228
    edited 28 May 2013, 2:06PM

Warhorse5 said:
    I would say Goliath but i agree that maybe a goliath a or another version of it maybe just to make it a little newer and maybe better since there have been a ton of new base hitters, time for  a beefed up base defender, either way new or old goliath would be cool
    That would be really cool.  A beefier version called the "Titan" or "Kraken" or something of that effect.  8 armor & 8 weapons with 3 special slots.  Slow as if not slower than the Goliath in order to keep inside bases as a guard hull etc etc.
    BP - Level 68 (Moderate coiner - Main Game)
    Hulls - Everything except Grim & Normal Zerker, Vindicator, Atlas/Lightning Cruiser(no LTDs either) Mako & vanilla Missile Cruiser (lol could care less either)
    Tech - Everything

WC - Level 34 - Retired due to new AI update, CC lvl 7, Ridiculous Thorium requirements and the fact that Giants are such a pain in the **** to get now even WITH Spectre/Titan.  I feel so bad for the low levels.  Kixeye, WAKE UP
    VC - Level 31 Retired 
  • Hyperius
    Hyperius
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 12,121

Warhorse5 said:
    That would be really cool.  A beefier version called the "Titan" or "Kraken" or something of that effect.  8 armor & 8 weapons with 3 special slots.  Slow as if not slower than the Goliath in order to keep inside bases as a guard hull etc etc.
    Lol i turned my goliath into a fvf with 32 map speed.... it looks sad watching this box fly by (not really fly) it looks like it could tip over at any second :O

KIXEYE Senior Moderator

Playing since 9/30/11

Helpful Links:  Site Rules / Report a Player / ToS / Ticket Status /

Have a problem? KIXEYE Customer Service

• KRUNK_THE_SPARTAN
    KRUNK_THE_SPARTAN
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 228
    TheBAM said:

Warhorse5 said:
    Lol i turned my goliath into a fvf with 32 map speed.... it looks sad watching this box fly by (not really fly) it looks like it could tip over at any second :O
    Haha I've seen people do this before.  I imagine you sacrifice alot of defense/dps stacking combat/map speed/turn speed armors etc etc.
    BP - Level 68 (Moderate coiner - Main Game)
    Hulls - Everything except Grim & Normal Zerker, Vindicator, Atlas/Lightning Cruiser(no LTDs either) Mako & vanilla Missile Cruiser (lol could care less either)
    Tech - Everything

WC - Level 34 - Retired due to new AI update, CC lvl 7, Ridiculous Thorium requirements and the fact that Giants are such a pain in the **** to get now even WITH Spectre/Titan.  I feel so bad for the low levels.  Kixeye, WAKE UP
    VC - Level 31 Retired 
  • Hyperius
    Hyperius
    TheBAM said:

Warhorse5 said:
    Haha I've seen people do this before.  I imagine you sacrifice alot of defense/dps stacking combat/map speed/turn speed armors etc etc.
    the only thing i sacrifice is one goliath for a arbiter with the navigator mod so the turn speed and map speed is up... but other than that with the "V" armor only upping the speed by 5% out of 7.... you could have it completely full of it and have the combat speed only be 7 lol

KIXEYE Senior Moderator

Playing since 9/30/11

• Graf_Von_Helldorf
    Graf_Von_Helldorf
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 46
    i need goli for additional guards..
  • james.sadler.334
    james.sadler.334
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 181
    edited 28 May 2013, 4:15PM
    ok   why not miss out june event  an hav a special 4th july 1 , it is a thursday ,,,, of all   hulls that hav been prizes  in all raids since they   started   ??????  as oldest hulls  in lower tiers go up in  value  boat style  go"s up  as event style is about to change format,,, gives all new players   chance at  gettin some ??? just my  point of view .  
    :)>-
  • Hyperius
    Hyperius
    ok   why not miss out june event  an hav a special 4th july 1 , it is a thursday ,,,, of all   hulls that hav been prizes  in all raids since they   started   ??????  as oldest hulls  in lower tiers go up in  value  boat style  go"s up  as event style is about to change format,,, gives all new players   chance at  gettin some ??? just my  point of view
    Sounds like a good idea, would be more noticed if you posted a thread in the Wishlist.

KIXEYE Senior Moderator

Playing since 9/30/11

• Danny White
    Danny White
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 204
    Ya I need Toliet. 
  • Graf_Von_Helldorf
    Graf_Von_Helldorf
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 46
    i like that :)
  • Hyperius
    Hyperius
    Ya I need Toliet. 
    Pssh... Don't need the toilet... the outhouse is doing just fine! :P

KIXEYE Senior Moderator

Playing since 9/30/11

• GLADIAT0R
    GLADIAT0R
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 90
    Both are cool

• james.sadler.334
    james.sadler.334
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 181
    edited 28 May 2013, 8:13PM
    TheBAM said:
    ok   why not miss out june event  an hav a special 4th july 1 , it is a thursday ,,,, of all   hulls that hav been prizes  in all raids since they   started   ??????  as oldest hulls  in lower tiers go up in  value  boat style  go"s up  as event style is about to change format,,, gives all new players   chance at  gettin some ??? just my  point of view
    Sounds like a good idea, would be more noticed if you posted a thread in the Wishlist.

TheBAM said:
    Ya I need Toliet. 
    Pssh... Don't need the toilet... the outhouse is doing just fine! :P
         bam wheres  the wishlist section????   lol found it
  • Pricillakills
    Pricillakills
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 82
    can you put the dred x please
  • LarsB
    LarsB
    Unicorn Overlord
    DARKN3SS said:
    DARKN3SS said:
    are we talking the actual MCX or the horrible MC? lol 
    The Missile Cruiser (MC) , Not the Missile Cruiser X (MC-X).

EDIT: Magic Sarap beat me to it.

Sarap, what tier would the hull be in? 
    Not sure yet, just wanted to get an early idea. It's not going to be in Tier 1, lol.
    What would be awesome is if in Tier 5 is the dreadnought or dreadnought x and in Tier 4 the Goliath and missile cruiser. Although I want goli lol.
    I change my mind lol. Either MC is T5 or Goli is Tier 4 or the other way around. So everyone can get both.
    One of hem will be tier 4, and tier 5 will be the triton. 

• ArdiasKen
    ArdiasKen
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 6
    here is an all out crazy idea how about some kind of re-targeting system for torps, just a thought
This discussion has been closed.