May Work in Progress

MagicSarap
MagicSarap
Unicorn Overlord
Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 5,522

May Work in Progress

As the ongoing war against the Draconian Military continues, certain Forsaken Captains are gaining Reputation for being fearsome combatants. Groups of Forsaken fighters known as Rogue Crews have begun to lend their abilities to Captains with enough of this Reputation.

Primary Features:

• Reputation will be a new type of points that players can earn by attacking Draconian targets. The more Draconian targets a player attacks, the more Reputation they will earn. Reputation can be spent on Rogue Crews to enhance a player’s fleet.

• Rogue Crews

• Players will have the ability to earn random Rogue Crews by spending Reputation. Rogue Crews are assigned to a player’s fleet and will enhance all ships for a period of time. There are a variety of crews that enhance stats and add new abilities like Critical Hits and Speed Bursts.

• Forsaken Missions

• We will be releasing new Blueprint prizes in Forsaken Missions during the month of May. We will also be moving the start day to Thursday, as to not interrupt players when we release new content and updates.

• War Report Update

• The Battlelog will be receiving an update as part of the War Report feature. The new Battlelog will provide more information and in depth statistics.

• Charity Drive

• We will be running a charity drive towards the end of May for the Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America (IAVA).

• Gifting Gold via Premium Gifts

• Some of our veteran players will be able to help up-and-coming players climbing through the ranks by buying and sending them Gold. We will be evaluating this ability and looking for feedback from the community. If the overall sentiment from the community is positive, we will look into expanding the feature to more players.

• May Event

• Players will continue to hunt down Draconian Military Fleets. Players will also be able to take their pick of top prizes, then they can redeem prizes at each tier on their second time through.

Game Improvements

• Resolved the issue where the War Report Leaderboards would appear upon every refresh.

• Resolved an issue where players did not receive Blueprints for completing Forsaken Missions Tiers.

• Reduced Level 5 Launchpad Repair time.
  • Ultimate Pheonix
    Ultimate Pheonix
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 112
    sounds good
    Level 61
    Ultimate_Pheonix
  • David455
    David455
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 33

• May Event

• Players will continue to hunt down Draconian Military Fleets. Players will also be able to take their pick of top prizes, then they can redeem prizes at each tier on their second time through.

Your wording suggests that the May Event will have more than 2 prizes per tier. Can you confirm this?
    "Originally Posted by BigChris "
    Why do I hit 40's because Kix wont let me hit lvl 20's lol
  • WaterDog
    WaterDog
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 1,321
    Glad to hear it.. Thanks fer the posting in a timely manner..
  • redrico
    redrico
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 425
    the last one will be the best ....

Players will continue to hunt down Draconian Military Fleets. Players will also be able to take their pick of top prizes, then they can redeem prizes at each tier on their second time through.
  • redrico
    redrico
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 425
    i served in Iraq .... will i get charity?

• DEATH-SAW-ELITE 01
    DEATH-SAW-ELITE 01
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 347
    lol this sounds like a con kixeye is that all u think about is money  

• Some of our veteran players will be able to help up-and-coming players climbing through the ranks by buying and sending them Gold. We will be evaluating this ability and looking for feedback from the community. If the overall sentiment from the community is positive, we will look into expanding the feature to more players.

or will gold be cheaper to buy 

DEATH SAW ELITE  IM COMING TO YOU ALL :D:D:D  LEVEL 82---- SAW :D:D:D
  • TallGiraffe
    TallGiraffe
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 4,743
    No word on the Tech Descriptor? Darn I am looking forward to that being introduced.
    Don't use Level. Use Tech when describing players. Level means nothing, its all about tech.
  • TallGiraffe
    TallGiraffe
    Unicorn Overlord
    death11 said:
    lol this sounds like a con kixeye is that all u think about is money  

or will gold be cheaper to buy 

Think of it this way. Players can now 'buy' the services of higher level players for raids.
    David455 said:

• May Event

Your wording suggests that the May Event will have more than 2 prizes per tier. Can you confirm this?
    The amount of prizes in the event will remain the same. There will not be more than 2 prizes per tier.
    It says a second time through though. Does that mean full completion of the raid is required to earn the other prizes? Though odds are you don't have the answer. X3
    Don't use Level. Use Tech when describing players. Level means nothing, its all about tech.
  • TallGiraffe
    TallGiraffe
    Unicorn Overlord

tdc00130 said:
    reputation and rogue crews feature will be good ;)

gj kixeye!!!!

(b...btw where did the dry dock go COUGH COUGH)
    As far as the game is concerned. There isn't gonna be a drydock. Stop hyping yourself up for nothing.
  • MagicSarap
    MagicSarap
    Unicorn Overlord

No word on the Tech Descriptor? Darn I am looking forward to that being introduced.
    I think we'll be able to get it in, but I wasn't sure. If we do end up adding it, I'll update the main post.
  • wesker
    wesker
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 5,473
    reputation and rogue crews feature sounds awesome!!!!!
    Decimate the Weak

Ships Won: who cares you will see them :D 
    BP-ID: 1824740....lvl 72

• MagicSarap
    MagicSarap
    Unicorn Overlord
    edited 7 May 2013, 12:58AM
    Vice Admiral Drakonez said:
    David455 said:

• May Event

The amount of prizes in the event will remain the same. There will not be more than 2 prizes per tier.
    It says a second time through though. Does that mean full completion of the raid is required to earn the other prizes? Though odds are you don't have the answer. X3
    That would be correct. Completion is required before players can go through and earn the other prizes.
  • TallGiraffe
    TallGiraffe
    Unicorn Overlord
    Concerning reputation (I got a lot of questions) will these targets be something new or similar to the missions. Will it share a similar format? will reputation reset?
  • Ascension
    Ascension
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 26,257
    edited 7 May 2013, 1:04AM
    Concerning reputation (I got a lot of questions) will these targets be something new or similar to the missions. Will it share a similar format? will reputation reset?
    Currently Drac cargo/elite cargo fleets only. Kill them to get reputation. 

No weekly reset.

Edit: It's going to kind of work like the War Commander Special Ops system. There you kill NPC bases to win Special Ops you can use as buffs/debuffs. 

Forum banned by a hypocrite at Kixeye.

• Aipaloovik
    Aipaloovik
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 89
    I like the sound of this but why limit gifting gold to only a few players let us all have the same options not just your veteran players

May Work in Progress

As the ongoing war against the Draconian Military continues, certain Forsaken Captains are gaining Reputation for being fearsome combatants. Groups of Forsaken fighters known as Rogue Crews have begun to lend their abilities to Captains with enough of this Reputation.

Primary Features:

• Reputation will be a new type of points that players can earn by attacking Draconian targets. The more Draconian targets a player attacks, the more Reputation they will earn. Reputation can be spent on Rogue Crews to enhance a player’s fleet.

• Rogue Crews

• Players will have the ability to earn random Rogue Crews by spending Reputation. Rogue Crews are assigned to a player’s fleet and will enhance all ships for a period of time. There are a variety of crews that enhance stats and add new abilities like Critical Hits and Speed Bursts.

• Forsaken Missions

• We will be releasing new Blueprint prizes in Forsaken Missions during the month of May. We will also be moving the start day to Thursday, as to not interrupt players when we release new content and updates.

• War Report Update

• The Battlelog will be receiving an update as part of the War Report feature. The new Battlelog will provide more information and in depth statistics.

• Charity Drive

• We will be running a charity drive towards the end of May for the Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America (IAVA).

• May Event

Game Improvements

• Resolved the issue where the War Report Leaderboards would appear upon every refresh.

• Resolved an issue where players did not receive Blueprints for completing Forsaken Missions Tiers.

• Reduced Level 5 Launchpad Repair time.

Aipaloovik

• Ascension
    Ascension
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 26,257

I like the sound of this but why limit gifting gold to only a few players let us all have the same options not just your veteran players

"We will be evaluating this ability and looking for feedback from the community. If the overall sentiment from the community is positive, we will look into expanding the feature to more players."

Forum banned by a hypocrite at Kixeye.

• Grumpy Pirate
    Grumpy Pirate
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 3,339
    edited 7 May 2013, 1:10AM

Primary Features:

• Rogue Crews

The thing that troubles me about this feature is that as things stand the only draconian targets we have are either cargos or missions and/or raid targets. The 2 immediate questions this throws up are;

1. Will we only have cargos to target to gain reputation or will things like mission and raid targets be included in this?
    2. Will there be any new content (targets) created to allow players to earn reputation that way?

As for;

Disaster waiting to happen in my opinion, can only see this getting exploited by some big players feeding their alternate accounts gold. Plus it would mean people would start selling their time and assistance in raids which has the potential to cause all sorts of trouble between players.

The May event stuff sounds intriguing like last time, particularly having a choice of top prizes (indicating more than one tier 5 prize) and the ability to win everything on offer by doing it twice, much more likely to get people doing the mastery if it means winning both prizes in all tiers rather than just one singular prize. The overriding question from that is though will you be able to master tier 1, get the second tier 1 prize and then move onto 2 or do you have to do all of 1-50 again before claiming the second prize from each tier?
    Sitting back watching the whole fine mess while sipping a cup of tea
  • TallGiraffe
    TallGiraffe
    Unicorn Overlord

Ascension said:
    Currently Drac cargo/elite cargo fleets only. Kill them to get reputation. 

No weekly reset.

Edit: It's going to kind of work like the War Commander Special Ops system. There you kill NPC bases to win Special Ops you can use as buffs/debuffs. 
    That sums it up nicely
  • MagicSarap
    MagicSarap
    Unicorn Overlord

Primary Features:

• Rogue Crews

The thing that troubles me about this feature is that as things stand the only draconian targets we have are either cargos or missions and/or raid targets. The 2 immediate questions this throws up are;

1. Will we only have cargos to target to gain reputation or will things like mission and raid targets be included in this?
    2. Will there be any new content (targets) created to allow players to earn reputation that way?

As for;

Disaster waiting to happen in my opinion, can only see this getting exploited by some big players feeding their alternate accounts gold. Plus it would mean people would start selling their time and assistance in raids which has the potential to cause all sorts of trouble between players.

The May event stuff sounds intriguing like last time, particularly having a choice of top prizes (indicating more than one tier 5 prize) and the ability to win everything on offer by doing it twice, much more likely to get people doing the mastery if it means winning both prizes in all tiers rather than just one singular prize. The overriding question from that is though will you be able to master tier 1, get the second tier 1 prize and then move onto 2 or do you have to do all of 1-50 again before claiming the second prize from each tier?
    To your first two questions, I believe it will only be Cargo Fleets and Elite Intel Fleets initially; event targets will not count upon launch to my understanding. Other targets and methods of earning Reputation are being worked on.

We will be monitoring the Gold via Premium Gifts and you do have to complete all the tiers in the May event before you can claim another prize from each tier.
  • Danny White
    Danny White
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 204
    edited 7 May 2013, 1:26AM
    Really interested to see this format for the raid :) Please put specs or toilets in :) 
  • Grumpy Pirate
    Grumpy Pirate
    Unicorn Overlord
    edited 7 May 2013, 1:31AM

To your first two questions, I believe it will only be Cargo Fleets and Elite Intel Fleets initially; event targets will not count upon launch to my understanding. Other targets and methods of earning Reputation are being worked on.

We will be monitoring the Gold via Premium Gifts and you do have to complete all the tiers in the May event before you can claim another prize from each tier.
    Thanks for the clarifications, it would be nice if any future reputation targets could also count towards alliance points or vice-versa if at all possible. I know 1000 points is only 5 bases but for the little guys without base hitting fleets (due to mostly working base first) it's a pretty horrific grind to have to do each week.

Forgot to say kudos to you guys for the charity drive, quite an excellent idea and a great cause too.
  • TallGiraffe
    TallGiraffe
    Unicorn Overlord

Thanks for the clarifications, it would be nice if any future reputation targets could also count towards alliance points or vice-versa if at all possible. I know 1000 points is only 5 bases but for the little guys without base hitting fleets (due to mostly working base first) it's a pretty horrific grind to have to do each week.

Forgot to say kudos to you guys for the charity drive, quite an excellent idea and a great cause too.
    The targets are salvages if you read above. Elites and normals.
  • wesker
    wesker
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 5,473
    edited 7 May 2013, 1:33AM

Primary Features:

• Rogue Crews

As for;

you do have to complete all the tiers in the May event before you can claim another prize from each tier.
    crap
    Decimate the Weak

Ships Won: who cares you will see them :D 
    BP-ID: 1824740....lvl 72

• Grumpy Pirate
    Grumpy Pirate
    Unicorn Overlord

The targets are salvages if you read above. Elites and normals.
    Also why I said FUTURE targets. My initial post was quite long so I didn't see the question was asked or indeed answered before I posted.
  • Dr-Felterrear
    Dr-Felterrear
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 159

so to be able to obtain both prizes from any given tier we have to 1st have completed all 5 tiers once then we can pick which tiers to do twice?  for example if you have done all 5 tiers once but want both prizes on offer at tier 4 would you have to master the tiers below as well?
  • EpiC-Rising
    EpiC-Rising
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 54
    i like it, nice change. Thanks for the charity drive though guys =). does " Players will also be able to take their pick of top prizes, then they can redeem prizes at each tier on their second time through." mean we chose the mastery prize? 
    Mess with the best, and you die like the rest. TLOD
This discussion has been closed.