Tech Descriptor Addition

MagicSarap
MagicSarap
Unicorn Overlord
Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 5,522
Hi everyone,

As content continues to grow, a question that usually gets asked is if the tech is considered to be Forsaken or Draconian. We all know that the answer plays an important role in how we set up our fleets. We will be adding a new Tech Descriptor that will designate whether the equipment is Forsaken or Draconian. We will also be making a display change to the Shipyard; the headers will now read "Researched Tech" and "Blueprint Tech." We've added a few images below for players to see the visual representation of these changes. Let us know what you think!

• night storm
    night storm
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 392
    I like the change as well :)
  • Cpt. Chris
    Cpt. Chris
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 1,903
    Nice now ppl can answer some of their questions.
    DevNul wrote: »
    @Cpt Chris
    For the last time, no arbiter module forces subs to the surface. Have you finally understood? That is why I also said: You were confused with the Depth Charge.

DevNul said:
    You can't unsubscribe. All the old forum tools have been removed. These twats have us at their mercy.

Cpt. Chris said:
    You really like to make fool of yourself don't you? There is a check mark next to the thread's name on the top left, click it and you won't get a single notification about this thread.

DevNul said: You really like to make a fool of yourself don't you!  If there was one I'd use it!

DevNulsaid: you better ask Cpt Chris about that when I eventually find him/she/it. ;)

IronGunns said: Cpt Chris, your a noob!!  the Subsonic Cavitator is a Arbiter Mod that makes nearby subs to surface....look before you speak

RW Miller said: you are taking that 65% damage reduction if you use it.. This has never showed up on the turret  just in description in lab
  • Its_3lackHavvk
    Its_3lackHavvk
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 386
    minor, but helpful

Raid Hulls - Battleship, Juggernaut, Sea Scorpion A, Mercury, SuperFortress, Hurricane, Battlecruiser, Mauler
    Raid Weapons -  Phalanx 1, 2,  Poesidon DC 1, Hail A, B, D91-S, D93-S, D95-S, Piranha DC 1, 2, Shredder Cannon 1, 2
    Raid Specials - Countermeasure Equipment 2, 3
    Raid Turrets - Arc Missiles 1,2,3
    Raid Tactical Modules - Siege Drone 1,2,3, Blitz Drone 2
    Raid Armors - D1-X, D1-C, D1-M, D2-V, D2-S, D2-E, D2-C, D2-M, D3-M, D3-T, D3-E
    Level: 50
  • Bill Strauss
    Bill Strauss
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 54
    why not put it in the forsaken or draconian weapons area kind of a no-brainer then
  • Bill Strauss
    Bill Strauss
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 54
    subsonic cavitator makes subs surface

• beel78
    beel78
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 8,189
    Thank you.  Something so simple but nips MANY threads in the but.  Glad you guys decided to do this.
    'Soon' in KIXEYE time means once our Sun dies'. 
     Wil Harbin said:

Kixeye hasn’t done as much to annoy its users as other game companies have. It doesn’t sell decorations for games and try to milk gamers for all they’re worth, and it doesn’t sell advanced weaponry that will allow rich gamers to wipe out poor gamers. But it does allow users to accelerate time in the game. Rather than wait for something to be developed, a user can pay to accelerate the build time for units.

• beel78
    beel78
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 8,189
    WOW speed system will get a -15% on weight..... makes it even better.
    'Soon' in KIXEYE time means once our Sun dies'. 
     Wil Harbin said:

Kixeye hasn’t done as much to annoy its users as other game companies have. It doesn’t sell decorations for games and try to milk gamers for all they’re worth, and it doesn’t sell advanced weaponry that will allow rich gamers to wipe out poor gamers. But it does allow users to accelerate time in the game. Rather than wait for something to be developed, a user can pay to accelerate the build time for units.

• Bubba_Gump
    Bubba_Gump
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 377
    Now this is a good update.  See sometimes it's the little things that can make a big difference.
  • patrick.hofman
    patrick.hofman
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 4
    I like it too!
  • FKIT
    FKIT
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 1,794
    I like it.  It will save me from miscalculating fleet weights when a weapon like Mael V comes out that says forsaken in its description, but is actually drac tech. 
    FKIT: level 90
    ID 1.1 million
    Alliance:368R

• Capt_Cannabis
    Capt_Cannabis
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 611
    thats cool but will it allow shipyard 2 to affect the weight of some things previously considered draconian 
    BloodReign 66
    been to alot of places cant remember most 
    prizes basically everything 

[QUOTE=Deadly_Jam;2530995]just refresh till it works<---answer to all battle pirate problems :)[/QUOTE]
  • Max Last
    Max Last
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 3,254
    Good quality of life improvement.  There are a number of obscure numbers aspects of the game I'm fine with being obscure, but that one always seemed unnecessarily cryptic for new players.
    Back to my exact same spot:  Tower west, sector 7. coords 3631,461
  • MagicSarap
    MagicSarap
    Unicorn Overlord
    thats cool but will it allow shipyard 2 to affect the weight of some things previously considered draconian 
    I believe so yes, it should retroactively adjust is my understanding.
  • Capt_Cannabis
    Capt_Cannabis
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 611
    cool thanks for clearing that up 
    BloodReign 66
    been to alot of places cant remember most 
    prizes basically everything 

[QUOTE=Deadly_Jam;2530995]just refresh till it works<---answer to all battle pirate problems :)[/QUOTE]
  • phroxenphyre
    phroxenphyre
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 5,284
    beel78 said:
    WOW speed system will get a -15% on weight..... makes it even better.
    I don't think specials with percentage-based weights are affected by the weight reduction of SY2. 
    Retired
  • Joe-Pirate
    Joe-Pirate
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 137
    Nice, I like it!
    Started February 2011.
    Wisdom is more precious than gold and precious stones; so then, strive after wisdom. This life is passing, where will you be after you die? do you know? This universe declares intelligent design. God is transcendental, beyond time and space. Be wise and be reconciled to the one who created you.
  • King_Richard2
    King_Richard2
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 47
    always thought SY2 affects only weapon weight... can you clarify this?
  • MagicSarap
    MagicSarap
    Unicorn Overlord
    edited 13 Apr 2013, 12:36AM
    Specials such as Speed Systems will not be affected. The screenshot is to merely display the Tech Designation. Shipyard 2 provides a reduction in Forsaken Weapons and Armor. Apologies for the confusion.
  • Natey
    Natey
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 435
    Good stuff, I approve. :)
  • BALLAST198
    BALLAST198
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 398
    Even spelled correctly...
    BP ID   191,259

VC ID     21,466
  • General1AIT SG234
    General1AIT SG234
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 2,162
    I dont see what good or bad that will add to the game !!!...there are serious issues that need to be dealt with and youre busy trying to Manifest whats draconian and whats forsaken?!!!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    GAMING GIRLS ARE THE FKNG SEXIEST !!!!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

info: Male /1985 BD/ hell no not just an addicted gamer!!

Ladies, Gentelmen and **** (All Three Species Of This Community)..Cheer up, Game IS going in the RIGHT Direction!!

• GenGrant
    GenGrant
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 579
    edited 13 Apr 2013, 5:50AM
    I dont see what good or bad that will add to the game !!!...there are serious issues that need to be dealt with and youre busy trying to Manifest whats draconian and whats forsaken?!!!

It's help their programmers, who don't play the game and don't know how to do the formulas without the info :)

Winner of the following HULLS: Too many to list

OTHER PRIZES:Too many to even bother remembering
  • Halvar
    Halvar
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,101
    That's great. 
    Now, can you fix the real problems with the tooltips? I'm refering to the lack of displaying negative modifiers to evade on the hulls. When I started playing the juggy was the first prize, but back then it had a -25% evade. when I first heard it was being rereleased I was dissapointed but somewhere along the raid I read the tooltip and found out kixeye had fixed the hull by upgrading it to a neutral evade, actually almost making it useful for future raids. so I decided to spend my first coin to get it. only problem is it seems to have retained the negative evade when I actually build the ship. when checking back at the tooltip in my intel-lab it still doesn't mention a negative evade. same thing goes for HHA/HHB which after some wiki-research seems to give -20% evade in reality. 

please fix this problem. 
  • Nickolas Griffith
    Nickolas Griffith
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 3,405
    well, if it says forsaken then y is it not researchable?
  • NM-Executioner
    NM-Executioner
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 1,877
    why cant we get another shipyard for draconian stuff to reduce the weight and solve the issue of people back logs we will never shut up bout another shipyard till we get  one and why cant we cue repairs in dock  that be another usefull addition to the game what people would love
    reduced repair and builds times wont happen kixeye said 6 months ago they looking into it umm whats too look into there kixeye i dont see what your looking at?
  • Chris Robb
    Chris Robb
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 2,547
    edited 13 Apr 2013, 12:32PM
    something simple and actually needed / wanted :) good should save a few posts asking the same questions :) - lets just hope that the things that u mark with forsaken have the weight reduction from shipyard 2 lol 
    oh if this was a teaser, explains why you are all master baiters :)

bored :)

Hitman007 said:
    It has built in re-targeting however because you do not have laser on them they will not hit subs under water with them.
  • absolutely_pissed
    absolutely_pissed
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 529
    Good change, small, but will put an end to a lot of threads in the forum.
    "I assume they cut off all outside contact and put bars on the windows, feed the devs white bread and salt water all weekend till they snap and crap out a new lab...."

• The R
    The R
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2011 Posts: 499
    Specials such as Speed Systems will not be affected. The screenshot is to merely display the Tech Designation. Shipyard 2 provides a reduction in Forsaken Weapons and Armor. Apologies for the confusion.
    So the Maelstrom V rockets will then get the weight reduction they are currently lacking?

The Complete Guide to Blueprints: http://www.facebook.com/groups/495300410533274/

The Complete Guide to Rogue Crews: http://www.facebook.com/groups/468340433252432/

Ascension descending: http://tinypic.com/r/zmz1a0/5

SQUIRREL GO SPLAT: http://tinypic.com/r/qq4gtl/8

"I'm just... some guy... RULER OF THE PLANET OMICRON PERSEI 8!!!"

This discussion has been closed.