April Work in Progress

• BALLAST198
    BALLAST198
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 398
    not coining makes for a great challenge.
    think that's what has kept me playing not coining or very very little.  Its the only real challenge left 
    BP ID   191,259

VC ID     21,466
  • Kiwisinbad
    Kiwisinbad
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 198
    lol last mission I completed the mission and got a hull I already had whats up with that? Was a complete waste of time and MY money............. Hopefully you will offer a selection of ones that us older players can win

Masterchief-I-    Member of FAPT (Farms are People too) , 21 yr Naval Veteran   lvl 81  sector traveller 

If Hit dont cry , hit repair button and move on, cause life's a **** !
  • someone_you_know
    someone_you_know
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 286
    • Research in progress will not pause for longer than the building repair time after the research building is hit.

what about downtime due to not repairing?

in other words. if i get hit at midnight and log in at 8 am to hit repair. 

am i delayed 12 hours + 5 hours lab repair? or just the 5 hours?

thanks.
    [QUOTE=The R.;2809885]The insolent ignorance and atrocious arrogance Kixeye has yet again displayed here beggars believe, and proves, once and for all and beyond the shadow of a doubt, that they do not care the least, tiniest bit about their customers' opinion. [/QUOTE] 
    [QUOTE=silentraeth;2207352]However this is Battle Pirates and Kixeye, the company with a unicorn for a logo, is in charge of it.[/QUOTE] 
    [QUOTE=Hast at work;2153477]THIS is the bullshit you people have been cooking up while your core gameplay gets staler than a mummies ****. [/QUOTE]
  • dynamicplayer
    dynamicplayer
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 8
    Just wanted to let you know that a group of us are not very happy with the reduction in resource fleets. You dump a bunch of new bases into our area and reduced the resources fleets. You should have increase the number of resource fleets and reduce the regeneration time. We are in need of more lvl 31, lvl 40, lvl 51. Regeneration time is up to 6 or 7 hours on some of the units.
    most week you can just hit a 37 drac base for 30.5 mil in resources so i don't see the problem with the limited number of salv fleets

Just wanted to let you know that a group of us are not very happy with the reduction in resource fleets. You dump a bunch of new bases into our area and reduced the resources fleets. You should have increase the number of resource fleets and reduce the regeneration time. We are in need of more lvl 31, lvl 40, lvl 51. Regeneration time is up to 6 or 7 hours on some of the units.

• Osborn Don
    Osborn Don
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 21
    Why so negative on Dry Docks? It doesn't make any sense to be so firm on a enhancement that obviously has a good deal of player support. Don't understand the hard line position against it. What are the reasons to be non supportive?
  • yarrpy
    yarrpy
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 380
    Why so negative on Dry Docks? It doesn't make any sense to be so firm on a enhancement that obviously has a good deal of player support. Don't understand the hard line position against it. What are the reasons to be non supportive?
    money... its the bottleneck that generates the most cash...
    If you are suspicious of whether another player is a hacker or not, please send in a ticket. If they turn out to be a hacker, we crush them. If they aren't, then no harm and no foul, everything just continues on.
  • Incursion
    Incursion
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 618
    Resolved issue where ships go off screen on fvf battles my ****, Happened to me 3 times today on military fleets.
    InCURsion-NUKEM 

• Capn-Crunch
    Capn-Crunch
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 3
    How about making what you have work ? I quit playing because the lag made the game no fun ,,,lost fleets, no way to attack bases since fleet dead before you connect to battle. Game was fun until they ruined it.
  • Aladar jarok
    Aladar jarok
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 725
    edited 21 Apr 2013, 1:28AM
    When do the new base defenses become researchable - I havent seen them yet?

for me the raid is out of reach and i CANT coin, so i guess i am forced to go without.

• Raymond mcvay
    Raymond mcvay
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 1,670
    edited 21 Apr 2013, 7:21AM
    They're not Fred. You have to win them in the raid. Arc missiles and the Javelin turret. Arc missiles are tiers 1 through 3 and the Javelin is tier 5. New Mercury hull is tier 4, opposite the Barracuda. The missiles are opposite the Hailstorm Anti-Mortars (pick one or the other, Arc or Hail on each tier). I don't now about going through it twice. I'm not doing that. Got what I wanted and stopped.

Edit - You disliked my post? I didn't do it, Kix did. You asked a question, Kix answered it and I relayed the information.

Additionally, new Forsaken technology is being developed to better defend bases at long range.

Primary Features:

• Base Defense Additions

• We will be implementing a few new Base Defense options in April. Players will have the chance to diversify their Defense Platforms with these new additions.

Nowhere in there does it state that the new defense items will be researchable. If this was a question about the defense abilities in this thread, well, they aren't researchable so you will have to win them.

edit #2 - I guess I should have stated that they "probably" have to be won. That opinion is based off of the timing of the statement from Kix and the released base weapons in the raid.

I reread my post original post, if it came across as confrontational, that was not my intent. I apologize.
    "The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, 
    but because he loves what is behind him" 

• TallGiraffe
    TallGiraffe
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 4,743
    I hope the Raid Turrets were not the new Base additions they said. :/
    Don't use Level. Use Tech when describing players. Level means nothing, its all about tech.
  • Raymond mcvay
    Raymond mcvay
    edited 21 Apr 2013, 7:40AM
    I was hoping that something would be researchable too. Since there are only 10 days left in the month, I doubt anything more will come of the base defense technology. They gave us Arc Missiles (a poor man's Halo if you will) and a Javelin turret. Both of which have decent range to them, which leads me even further to believe that... that is what they meant by "technology is being developed to better defend bases at long range"

Somewhere it did state that they are still working on somehow making more land available, but there was no definite answer as to how, or when, that might occur. 

I guess that Kix could still be working on base defense weaponry, but I'm not going to count on it though. We got four new base weapons in the same month that they stated we were getting new base weapons... yes, unfortunately for some the raid weapons were probably it (two types, missiles and a turret. But it is Arc Missiles I, II, and III and the Javelin. Four weapons total).

As of the time I am writing this, there is still time (1 day, 12 hours) left to get the lower tier weapons. If a player has low level fleets they should be able to at least get tier one, maybe tier two, without coining. There is a choice between Arcs and Hails at each of the first three tiers. That means that you could at least get Arc I (on tier one), or Arc II (on tier two). Somebody dedicated and with a little better fleets could even make tier three and get Arc III's.

• Odins_Slayer
    Odins_Slayer
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 758
    Still dont wanna coin a fleet of pixsels worth 400dollars+ imo
    And they now have a so unbalanced game  in base vs fleet its just comic purre madtv stuff. 2 more tiles or 3 would not be of eny hazzel hens basers now use dreadx,thresher and spec to kill all. and prep fleet is more old memoreys 2 new levels up on the turents to so each tur handel 25k dps same wals as thresher melt wals like warm knife in butter more or less, And you here at kixeye say it cant be so it wil be to hard well NOT!

• edin144
    edin144
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 55
    can we get direct otpion in war academy to share our videos on faceboock, or youtube ?
  • ongley69
    ongley69
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 93
    Well wat a surprise the update for April is a new prize in raid. This would be ok but yet again you set the bar to high for a lot not able to get it. Y can't you actually put something new in the labs that can be researched and built instead of always adding new items that can only be won. And kixeye wonder why so many people quit playing this game 
  • rich.drumheller
    rich.drumheller
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 10
    I think they should have a building that can combine armor, weapons or anything else. like missile and solid fuel booster then u can put the missile back in to add enhanced warhead. You can also take 2 different weapons and make a new weapon from that them. Maelstrom rockets + Cutlass missiles = Maelstrom Missiles They would have better range and fires more missiles and reload be faster. You should be able to do it with base or fleet weapons and armor. Well base with base and fleet with fleet, you also should be able to combine hulls to to make your on hulls 
  • Raymond mcvay
    Raymond mcvay
    edited 22 Apr 2013, 9:59PM
    I think they should have a building that can combine armor, weapons or anything else. like missile and solid fuel booster then u can put the missile back in to add enhanced warhead. You can also take 2 different weapons and make a new weapon from that them. Maelstrom rockets + Cutlass missiles = Maelstrom Missiles They would have better range and fires more missiles and reload be faster. You should be able to do it with base or fleet weapons and armor. Well base with base and fleet with fleet, you also should be able to combine hulls to to make your on hulls 
    Actually this goes in the Wishlist...

That aside, this would be way overpowered... 

Do you really want me coming at your base with a fleet of combined DNX/MCX hulls that are carrying improved weapons and has improved armors/resistances on top of it all? I didn't think so.

• dragonlance99jb
    dragonlance99jb
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 52
    kixeye just like sand paper and no lube....... this is turning ppl away we advance tech and it does nothing for us bc of the raid b4 giving the high tier new **** and only them thats worth while. and us trying to get hulls and defenses so we have a chance have to pray to god these guys have time to hep us out.....,.,. this is getting old fast. i do put in my share of coin but whats the point when i use coin to get a missle enter battle have no missle and then have to coin my fleet bc it was just wasted...... every second battle a **** black screen. loss of 2 fleets to white screen and prize i really wanted and doesnt matter what i do i cant. get........ game geared to 60 plus 40's are screwed without help...... plus a game sight that does reply to crap,.
  • DeathBringer-OSS
    DeathBringer-OSS
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 48
    How is the leadersboard TURNED OFF from showing EVERY time BP is started...
    i never notised :3
    How is the leadersboard TURNED OFF from showing EVERY time BP is started...

• Robert Lee Johns
    Robert Lee Johns
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 16
    This is just a suggestion. It would be nice to have at least 5 more land tiles. Thank you for your time
  • James Sisk
    James Sisk
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1

NOW RESOLVE YOUR CONFLICTS WITH ADOBE - COMPLAINTS OF CRASHES EVERY ACTION

• John Seymour
    John Seymour
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 848
    • Base Defense Additions

• We will be implementing a few new Base Defense options in April. Players will have the chance to diversify their Defense Platforms with these new additions.

Looks like the month is almost over...is this going to happen any time soon?

The existence of the sea means the existence of pirates

Improvise, adapt, and overcome

Learn from your mistake

Accept nothing challenge everything

• Raymond mcvay
    Raymond mcvay
    • Base Defense Additions

I believe it already did, you had to win them in the raid - 

I was hoping that something would be researchable too. Since there are only XX days left in the month, I doubt anything more will come of the base defense technology. They gave us Arc Missiles (a poor man's Halo if you will) and a Javelin turret. Both of which have decent range to them, which leads me even further to believe that... that is what they meant by "technology is being developed to better defend bases at long range". 

Somewhere it did state that they are still working on somehow making more land available, but there was no definite answer as to how, or when, that might occur. 

I guess that Kix could still be working on base defense weaponry, but I'm not going to count on it though. We got four new base weapons in the same month that they stated we were getting new base weapons... yes, unfortunately for some the raid weapons were probably it (two types, missiles and a turret. But it is Arc Missiles I, II, and III and the Javelin. Four weapons total).

• John Seymour
    John Seymour
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 848
    Yeah...I just read more on this and see that you may be right...wishful thinking on my part
    The existence of the sea means the existence of pirates

Improvise, adapt, and overcome

Learn from your mistake

Accept nothing challenge everything

• RCR
    RCR
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 1
    well on the mini-raids the ships are nice , for a lower level base that is , i have 16 fleets that i have'nt even built ,like i need another fleet of smaller ships,i play the mini-raids to win specials ,not ships if i continue winning ships on the mini-raids i will stop playing them that's coins lost to kixeye .......thanks
  • Zumwalt
    Zumwalt
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 8
    Folks, I do not talk much on the forums but I try to learn from them. However, this is not the case here. I need to report a serious bug in which I observed a rail gun being taken out by a fleet of MCX and the rail gun FAILED to fire a single shot. Also, the missiles were at such an extended range it was unreal. The ships were well outside the 149 range of the rail gun, yet took it out first? 

Another bug is that I observed my spectres shoot their torpedoes THROUGH land and hit the ship on the opposite side of the channel causing damage to the ships. 

And third, this repairing issue at the docks is still happening. I am not often attacked and I know when and where I get attacked. However, for the past week, all of my repairs that I have set for the evening failed to be repaired by the morning when they were scheduled to be completed. For instance, a fleet that had an 11 hour repair time was set for repairs at 10:30 PM (PST) and when I logged on at 8:30 AM (PST) the following morning, the ships still had an 8 hour repair time remaining. I was not attacked during this timeframe and I continue to find this issue occurring throughout this entire week. 

Can these bugs be addressed, please? 

Many thanks,
    Zumwalt (116)

FKIT said:
    Thanks

Two comments:
    1. I still have "Null" in my Great Hall.  I refreshed.  Still there.  Then closed browser, relaunched the game, and it is still there.  Not that I care, just saying this is not accurate.  

2. Is there any update on that nasty bug that causes your shipyard, docks, upgrades, researches, etc. to lose time randomly?   I.e. the game runs while you are at work.  12 hours later your researches, builds, etc. only have advanced 5 hours or so and you were never hit?
    If anyone else is still seeing the "Null" issue, please let me know. I'll see what I can find out about number 2; I presume this is different from times when you are attacked.

FKIT said:
    Thanks

Two comments:
    1. I still have "Null" in my Great Hall.  I refreshed.  Still there.  Then closed browser, relaunched the game, and it is still there.  Not that I care, just saying this is not accurate.  

2. Is there any update on that nasty bug that causes your shipyard, docks, upgrades, researches, etc. to lose time randomly?   I.e. the game runs while you are at work.  12 hours later your researches, builds, etc. only have advanced 5 hours or so and you were never hit?
    If anyone else is still seeing the "Null" issue, please let me know. I'll see what I can find out about number 2; I presume this is different from times when you are attacked.

FKIT said:
    Thanks

Two comments:

FKIT said:
    Thanks

Two comments:

• OnComingStorm0
    OnComingStorm0
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 83
    Ascension said:
    Ollie99 said:
    Event mastery??? Just sounds like more of a money grab from the players than ever. 
    As for the rest, well, I am actually looking forward to seeing what you manage to implement glitch free.
    Event Mastery pretty much equals bigger players no longer helping little players with the events after they have complete all 50 objectives themselves. Now the bigger players will not only spend more money achieving "Event Mastery" but have much less time to help the smaller players do better in the raid without coining more. 
    Depends on the prize.
    I would have to agree with Ascension on this one. The 'Event Mastery' prize in the last raid was the MCX hull, which most of the higher level players will already have, so they probably won't bother doing the raid twice - not much point when you already have the prize.
    I'm sure Kixeye will be analysing the amount of coins purchased though and they might stroke the higher level players ego's by adding an 'Even Mastery' icon to players bases to encourage them to do the raid twice even if they already have the prize in order to increase coin sales. Or possibly add 'Event Mastery' as a 'Medal' to player/alliance stat displays.

Don't like the game? Then quit playing so I don't have to listen to you throwing your toys out of your pram and stamping your feet. 
  • travis.johnston.5
    travis.johnston.5
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 44
    where are the new base defence additions you said were going to happen ?
  • Raymond mcvay
    Raymond mcvay
    where are the new base defence additions you said were going to happen ?

• Base Defense Additions

I believe it already did, you had to win them in the raid - 

I was hoping that something would be researchable too. Since there are only XX days left in the month, I doubt anything more will come of the base defense technology. They gave us Arc Missiles (a poor man's Halo if you will) and a Javelin turret. Both of which have decent range to them, which leads me even further to believe that... that is what they meant by "technology is being developed to better defend bases at long range". 

• WARMTHx
    WARMTHx
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 5
    i would have had a go at the weekly blueprint raid, but in tier 1 i would get the light cruiser, level 2 it will be the compound armour C, and the only one i'm not sure about is tier 3...and i really dont want to go all that way to get more torps!! How about Kixeye stops making the prizes a random selection and let the winner choose their prize?
                                                                                                                                                                                         .
    In Game Name:    WARMTH
    Current Sector:    Undisclosed
    Level:                 54
This discussion has been closed.