April Work in Progress

• Joseph Ware
    Joseph Ware
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 362
    The Mastery Star idea is one i submitted in the wish-list section, if they follow up exactly as i put with the idea, i can see alot of people trying to get it. (I hope they follow up with it anyways)
  • Michigan Marauder
    Michigan Marauder
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 2,787
    I am relaxed and waiting to see how this pans out because....

1. You offering the big people a raid mastery prize = less chance of them helping lower levels. Which seems like a negative feature Just take a step back and look at this for a second. The big people have to kill tiers 1 - 5 once for the main hull, then tiers 1 - 5 for a mastery prize, and then go around and kill all but a torp tower for the 3rd time. I am not knocking the creativity, but honestly I can't see how this is doing anything but causing raid burn out. 

2. If turrets cant research turrets then the distance between bases grows even more. I am guessing more blueprints or else from my perspective they would have added 1 this week to be researched. I can only hope they will be researched.

3. I don't believe people were burned out on typhoons they just wanted them to pay more XP instead you cranked up the hardness by 100% and upped the points 20%. That whole fiasco made little to no sense and now they have been removed from the foresaken missions for now. I am burnt out on outposts. I used to love them and now its all I can do to hit them for my tier 3 prize weekly. I used to finish in a day and now I finish day 2 and sometimes on the last day. We need diversity badly

4. The new hulls will be appreciated by all and thanks for making that happen and giving the foresaken missions something to strive for as a weekly goal

5. Good job on the bug fixes 

Overall it seems like an interesting month....Hopefully everything goes well and thanks for the information
    Tired of closed threads and over moderation, join a new forum where conversation is welcomed
    http://www.thedarkalliance.org/forum/forum.php

WoW Alpha Tester

Holy crap I need to get my eyes checked.  I thought you had typed, "Will we see midget strippers dancing on our whorehouses?"

Sarcasm and jadedness is all we have left - everything else costs Uranium now. -Grumpy Pirate

• Carnegie_SIASS
    Carnegie_SIASS
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 380
    I hope the new base defense items will provide more range on cerbs and howies.

not keen on idea of having to kill a fleet I already killed a 2nd time though.
  • lance.saul
    lance.saul
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 125
    It sounds like a good improvement. I hope the base defense options will be worth the wait.
  • HERCULES0001
    HERCULES0001
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 827

FKIT said:
    Thanks

Two comments:
    1. I still have "Null" in my Great Hall.  I refreshed.  Still there.  Then closed browser, relaunched the game, and it is still there.  Not that I care, just saying this is not accurate.  

2. Is there any update on that nasty bug that causes your shipyard, docks, upgrades, researches, etc. to lose time randomly?   I.e. the game runs while you are at work.  12 hours later your researches, builds, etc. only have advanced 5 hours or so and you were never hit?
    If anyone else is still seeing the "Null" issue, please let me know. I'll see what I can find out about number 2; I presume this is different from times when you are attacked.
    I got null too
    Capt_DUP

Sector idk anymore
    LVL who cares

>>>  youtube channel <<<

• Genisis
    Genisis
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 77

FKIT said:
    Thanks

Two comments:
    1. I still have "Null" in my Great Hall.  I refreshed.  Still there.  Then closed browser, relaunched the game, and it is still there.  Not that I care, just saying this is not accurate.  

2. Is there any update on that nasty bug that causes your shipyard, docks, upgrades, researches, etc. to lose time randomly?   I.e. the game runs while you are at work.  12 hours later your researches, builds, etc. only have advanced 5 hours or so and you were never hit?
    If anyone else is still seeing the "Null" issue, please let me know. I'll see what I can find out about number 2; I presume this is different from times when you are attacked.
    Still have 5 "Null" members in my great hall as well.

Definitely tired of typhoons. Would be overjoyed to never see another one again lol
    Level 74

Prizes won: Every single hull, Blueprint, Armor, Special, and Weapons System in the game 

• captainme3
    captainme3
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 36
    what about having to refresh all the time it has been a ongoing thing and a lot of us are losing fleet cause of it I for one am getting sick of it if I don't lose my fleet I have to refresh before I move to the next battle
  • MagicSarap
    MagicSarap
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 5,522
    what about having to refresh all the time it has been a ongoing thing and a lot of us are losing fleet cause of it I for one am getting sick of it if I don't lose my fleet I have to refresh before I move to the next battle
    This was mentioned in General Discussion, but the team will be looking to address this.
  • captainme3
    captainme3
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 36

and the white screen is a pain to keep loseng my fleet we should be getting some thing back for this 
  • Plix
    Plix
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 60
    mastery prize sounds fun, hope the prize is worth it !
    Plix
  • beel78
    beel78
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 8,189
    edited 6 Apr 2013, 6:14PM
    base defence... I can see hybrid turret specials in our future..... :D
    This all sounds good.  Wonder if it will be more 'A' forsaken classes or new 'X' class for Drac hulls.  Maybe we will be seeing the BSX...that would be awesome.  New defence and some tangible effects for hitting mil fleets twice.  Sounds awesome.  Kixeye gets coin and we get...something.  Win Win situation.

'Soon' in KIXEYE time means once our Sun dies'. 
     Wil Harbin said:

Kixeye hasn’t done as much to annoy its users as other game companies have. It doesn’t sell decorations for games and try to milk gamers for all they’re worth, and it doesn’t sell advanced weaponry that will allow rich gamers to wipe out poor gamers. But it does allow users to accelerate time in the game. Rather than wait for something to be developed, a user can pay to accelerate the build time for units.

• polyinc
    polyinc
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 53
    JUST MAYBE ( don't we all wish)  what if the Mastery prize is a DRY DOCK wont that be awesome.

What are the chances
    Zero i think but "WHAT IF"

Polyinc sector 209
  • TallGiraffe
    TallGiraffe
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 4,743
    Notretsam said:
    two hulls each week on foresaken missions? what about this week?

don't care for anything else listed, I had hoped to see diagonal land tile placement but well see my comment on that thread.
    Two sets of hulls available on rotation, I don't think there will be two hull in each prize tier each week.
    Give us a hint of the new hulls? D: Are they subs? Are they A/X versions of previous ones?
    Don't use Level. Use Tech when describing players. Level means nothing, its all about tech.
  • TallGiraffe
    TallGiraffe
    Unicorn Overlord
    Also very important thought occurred. For the beating of the second 50 fleets. Do you have to finish the first set first?
    Don't use Level. Use Tech when describing players. Level means nothing, its all about tech.
  • Mayhem232
    Mayhem232
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 34
    I still have the null message as well.
    Battle Pirates lvl-52
    Big Boy Toys - Corvette, Frigate, Destroyer, Light Cruiser,HH-ABarracuda, Battleship, Interdictor, Triton, Juggy, Thresher, Goliath, and Mercury
    Shut up and click repair!!!
    Alliance- NH or NH1
    BP name-    --MAYHEM--
    Sectors been to- 7, 11, 85, 91, 108, 123, 183, 235, 238, 257, 269, 386, 405, 412, 483 
    Vega Conflict- lvl 27
    Sector 100
    Planet 111
    Vega Conflict Name- TryMe23_DSA
  • Abaddon_NBD
    Abaddon_NBD
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 17
    yall they added the thing about doing the raid flts twice is for the people that help the lower lvl people that cant do tier4 and 5 on their own so the higher lvl people (atleast in my sector) will weaken the fleets to a point where we can do them so we can also get the nicer drac hulls and maybe even the new hulls... i think its great that they r giveing the nice people a perk now.... great job kixeye for thinking of the considerate people in the game... glad you took my suggestion on that.... and for all of you wineing about kixeye wanting to make it to where u have to coin... u dont have to, its ur choice so stop ur belly aching cuz kixeye is a company... company's need to make money cuz if they dont then they go under... n if kixeye went under then there would b no more battle pirates for you to play so please for the love of god shut up about that... and thank you to all the coiners out there for paying for the rest of us to enjoy this game
    hulls: bba, ssa, cuda, sf, ram, saw, vet, frig, destroyer, destroyer x, lc, lc x, bc, bcx, bs, jugg, mc, dn
  • TallGiraffe
    TallGiraffe
    Unicorn Overlord
    marvin_l said:
    yall they added the thing about doing the raid flts twice is for the people that help the lower lvl people that cant do tier4 and 5 on their own so the higher lvl people (atleast in my sector) will weaken the fleets to a point where we can do them so we can also get the nicer drac hulls and maybe even the new hulls... i think its great that they r giveing the nice people a perk now.... great job kixeye for thinking of the considerate people in the game... glad you took my suggestion on that.... and for all of you wineing about kixeye wanting to make it to where u have to coin... u dont have to, its ur choice so stop ur belly aching cuz kixeye is a company... company's need to make money cuz if they dont then they go under... n if kixeye went under then there would b no more battle pirates for you to play so please for the love of god shut up about that... and thank you to all the coiners out there for paying for the rest of us to enjoy this game
    I would think they would have to kill fleets twice. It might even discourage sharing since they are needed to spend double time on the raid.
  • TheDragon
    TheDragon
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 1,164
    event mastery as in you go thru twice and get both prizes?   :)

• King_Richard2
    King_Richard2
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 47
    Also very important thought occurred. For the beating of the second 50 fleets. Do you have to finish the first set first?
    more import is how are they gonna tell what ships we need. At the moment game kinda gives you ships you need nearby your base which is handy. Now, say if I kill lvl 1 ship, will the game give me lvl 1 ship again? Or if I do the raid once, will the games start giving me Military Fleets from lvl 1 all over again in the same manner?
  • Myah_ShadowSpike
    Myah_ShadowSpike
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 153
    i bet that the event mastery is so that u can get both prizes from the tier as u defeat for second time allow u to get the second prize which is my guess of course but kixeye is hard to predict
    I Crush you with my juggs xD
  • The Immortal1
    The Immortal1
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 187
    I would rather see a points based structure on the raids like before rather than needing to hunt 50-100 fleets down to accomplish anything.  To me that seems like your trying to force team work, but if your team doesnt have the fleets needed to finish off the entire thing once, what makes you think they can do it twice.  And thus puts people even further behind the 8ball and forces your coiners to put out more money helping the people without the hulls to compete.  I like the military fleets, but seriously a points structure like the missions would be better IMO to give EVERYONE the ability to make it to the top with enough money and time.  Since not everyone can defeat 41-50 on their own.  No matter how much money u have, without certain fleets your not getting to the top on the current raid dynamic.  And not everyone has those fleets.
  • Brandon_Slabbert
    Brandon_Slabbert
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 33
    When is the next raid... Good job on the bug fixes.
    Level: 51 
    Hulls: HH-A, BC, BS, Jugg, Mercury, Hurricane, Stingray, DNX
    Home sector: 452
    Sectors been to: Only 452 :D

• GoneBerserkers
    GoneBerserkers
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 6
    I would rather see a points based structure on the raids like before rather than needing to hunt 50-100 fleets down to accomplish anything.  To me that seems like your trying to force team work, but if your team doesnt have the fleets needed to finish off the entire thing once, what makes you think they can do it twice.  And thus puts people even further behind the 8ball and forces your coiners to put out more money helping the people without the hulls to compete.  I like the military fleets, but seriously a points structure like the missions would be better IMO to give EVERYONE the ability to make it to the top with enough money and time.  Since not everyone can defeat 41-50 on their own.  No matter how much money u have, without certain fleets your not getting to the top on the current raid dynamic.  And not everyone has those fleets.
    I think it is more about it doens't matter how much coin some of us throw at the game we can't defeat 43-50 with what we have.  Something needs to change so that we can with a reasonable amount of coins( 20 bucks for tier 5 max) to complete it as long as we have more than levi's.
  • Jeremy Odell 1369
    Jeremy Odell 1369
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 2
    We still need to have all hulls released for all players, not just coiners. Yes Kix is a business, but you are running off players by doing this. Advanced hulls could be earned just like any other BP. Do them as sections or components. With the damage Dreads can do, I'd still like to see the ability to mine in and around my base.
  • madmac
    madmac
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 104
    There are already 2 hulls in each tier?????????? unless you are not going to cycle in the bba ffa and levia anymore.
  • Topper5
    Topper5
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,986
    Imho the reason kix canceled the destroyer-x, lc-x and the bc-x in the weekly forsaken is, we will most probably see them in the raid price system in tier 1-3. That is good, 'cause the random price structure makes it potentially impossible for all players to get this ships. In the second alteration we will see the BB-a, Levi-a and FF-a again. So new players, who started 2-3 month ago have the ability to pick this ship up and build better fleets for the weekly missions.

event mastery: Yeah, many players who do tier 5 have to repair their fleets for a week and don't coin repair at all. So kix wan't this players to coin during the event and kill another 50 military fleets, that makes sense :)

• SAS_UNDEAD_MIXY
    SAS_UNDEAD_MIXY
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 32
    well kixeye there is one thing i think everyone would love. i worked REALLY hard to achieve tier 2 in the previous raid for phalanx 1 or however its spelled. there is a BIG problem. the salvo is 4 and reload is 5. accuracy is 50%..... not a big deal, accept that i have it fitten on my sw's, to bring down cutz. they out of every ship in my flt, all of the anti missiles are able to bring down only 1 missile. please fix this even being able to bring down like 3 or 5 would be great. and i like when you had a hull in every tier, please put a hull in every tier i want battle cruizers soo bad but i cant even get tier 2 in the forsaken missions. if you had bc's as tier 2's prize id be so happy and have like light cruizer x or just light cruizers as tier 1. we all need new hulls badly but it takes until level 50 before people can achieve high tier prizes in new raids...... everyone- LIKE IF YOU AGREE!
    S.A.S_UNDEAD_MIXY: "DO UNTO OTHERS" LIVE STRONG FELLOW VEGA OFFICERS FOR THE STORM HAS PAST AND NEW TROUBLES COME OUR WAY. LIVE TO FIGHT DOG AND BE STRONG-
  • SandmanX
    SandmanX
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 1,078
    Military fleets again?

Top tier is out of my reach, again.

Only type of raid that i havent / wont ever spent 1 coin on. I dont mind coining, but those military fleets are utterly insane after level 40. Not only that, but since the relay towers came in, everyone and their mother have ninjafleets in place, just waiting for the right moment to ninja a 49 or 50 with an insta fleet. Unbalanced and unfair. Im only going as high, as my fleets can take me in 1 fight.
  • DOUBLEMINT
    DOUBLEMINT
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 1,154
    Love to see in an update....

This month the Black Water Issue will be resolved :) 
    Request to Join: THE ALLIANCE CRIB  https://www.facebook.com/groups/THEALLIANCECRIB/

• SteveYoung
    SteveYoung
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 308
    i guess that means there will be 3 nemesis ships in the #50 next raid then..........interesing way to get more money though...make people do the raid twice. what happened to the combat mechanic mentioned in the january work in progress??
This discussion has been closed.