No Diagonal Land Tiles

• Gazbeard
    Gazbeard
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 190
    @Magic Sarap - please take this back to the think tank and the designers, but most especially to Will Harbin ...

Battle Pirates is already fundamentally flawed and imbalanced purely by the fact that hourly, across all servers, so many bases get attacked by ships sailing into them.

Do you honestly think in real warfare that fleets of vessels would sail into a harbour and trash the entire port?  Even the most famous port battles of WW2 involved that happening only once (read up on St Nazaire and the use of an obsolete destroyer - HMS Campbeltown - disguised as a German ship).  All other port attacks in WW2 involved primarily air attacks, and occasionally overland attacks (forget about special commandos in canoes and mini-subs etc. we're talking about capital ships sailing into an estuary and flattening the defending fleet and all shoreside facilities).

No, what needs to be done here is give players the tools to make their bases impregnable to any single-fleet attack right from level one upwards.  Introduce a game mechanic (similar to outposts) where the base attack is only viable with multiple fleets (from a single alliance) attacking TOGETHER utilising the strengths and weaknesses of each player and fleet to have any remote chance of success.

Only then will you introduce realistic balance to the game ... and regenerate FvF play again.
    LEVEL = 60
    Draconian Hulls won =
    Corvette, Frigate, Destroyer, Destroyer-X, Light Cruiser, Light Cruiser-X, Battle Cruiser, Battle Cruiser-X, Battleship, Juggernaut, Missile Cruiser, Missile Cruiser-X, Dreadnought-X
    Forsaken Hulls won = Battle Barge-A, Leviathan-A, Floating Fortress-A, Sea Scorpion-A, Hammerhead-A, Hammerhead-B, Hammerhead-C (Mauler), Goliath, Hurricane, (Freddy) Mercury, Spectre, Triton
    + enough armour to cover the planet, more rockets & torpedoes than I know what to do with, and assorted other bits and pieces of ammo, turretry & weaponry
  • Kamogawa
    Kamogawa
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 193
    Gazbeard said:
    @Magic Sarap - please take this back to the think tank and the designers, but most especially to Will Harbin ...

Battle Pirates is already fundamentally flawed and imbalanced purely by the fact that hourly, across all servers, so many bases get attacked by ships sailing into them.

Do you honestly think in real warfare that fleets of vessels would sail into a harbour and trash the entire port?  Even the most famous port battles of WW2 involved that happening only once (read up on St Nazaire and the use of an obsolete destroyer - HMS Campbeltown - disguised as a German ship).  All other port attacks in WW2 involved primarily air attacks, and occasionally overland attacks (forget about special commandos in canoes and mini-subs etc. we're talking about capital ships sailing into an estuary and flattening the defending fleet and all shoreside facilities).

No, what needs to be done here is give players the tools to make their bases impregnable to any single-fleet attack right from level one upwards.  Introduce a game mechanic (similar to outposts) where the base attack is only viable with multiple fleets (from a single alliance) attacking TOGETHER utilising the strengths and weaknesses of each player and fleet to have any remote chance of success.

Only then will you introduce realistic balance to the game ... and regenerate FvF play again.
    Well put.... I like the idea of this but maybe adding it to allow diagonal tiles when you hit LVL50 so that it spices things up for the high levels and brings multiple fleets into play rather than a single overpowered fleet that can do multiple jobs. The idea of prep fleets is slowly fading and bases are lacking...not to mention some sort of challenge for late in the game.
    Game Name:      KAMOGAWA
    Alliance Team:   Ghost Squad
    Alliance Tag:       GSQ
    Level:                 78
    Raid Hulls:            All Except Original Dreadnaught, Original Strike Cruiser, Original MC, Beserk, Phantom 
    Raid Weapons:      All
    Raid Specials:        All 
    Drac Base Specials: Insulated Panels M, Fire support Platform M
  • Raymond mcvay
    Raymond mcvay
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 1,670
    edited 15 Apr 2013, 9:30PM
    new hull is tier 5, that is a given. But where is the new turret going to be? Tier three at the most I hope (Tier two would be nice). But no, this is Kix, probably going to be tier 4 where you have a choice between an old raid hull and the turret. So, lets' see, almost all of the players complaining about base defense are lower to mid level. So they release something for base defense, that you have to be a higher level to get.

Who thinks of this crap at Kix? They did the EXACT same thing with the Halo's. The players that needed them the most had no chance of getting them. There's a person floating around here that says that 83% of the player base wanted "help" with their base. So what does Kix do? They release the "help", but only the top percentage of players can even have a chance at getting it? The players that wanted/needed it get screwed and flattened while the top percentage that didn't really need it just get even stronger bases? A low level player... forget it. A mid level player has almost no chance of retaliation... well Kix fixed that for ya, now you have ZERO chance. What mid-level is going to get into a base with Halo's and Javelin turrets?

(lol, I just thought of a sick joke, they're probably going to put the Halo's and Javelin's on the same tier, so you have to pick between the two.)

That's like if a cruise ship with a 1000 passengers was getting ready to sink... listing heavily and sustained damage from engine fires... So all of the passengers are asking (begging?) for help and the Captain tells them on the loudspeakers, "Help is on the Way!". But when the "help" gets there they only have room for a couple of hundred people... the most famous and richest people are the only ones that get help (the higher level players and heavy coiners). The rest of you, well... IF YOU WOULD HAVE WORKED HARDER, OR IF YOU WOULD HAVE HAD MORE MONEY, YOU WOULD BE ON THAT BOAT HEADED FOR SHORE!

QUIT COMPLAINING, BUILD A BETTER BASE (hard to do when the tools to do that are there, but just out of reach).
    "The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, 
    but because he loves what is behind him" 

• Mark Wiseman
    Mark Wiseman
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 56
    Most well designed bases these days have channels that are to long for spectres to get in without surfacing... so making them longer will make little difference... also with sub cavitators...depth charges etc and guard fleets with sonar and assault missiles sub drivers dont have it as easy as some of you think!!!!!!
    sandhill said:

Cranberry said:
    Hi everyone,

We’ve been looking at the concept of Diagonal Tiles for quite some time and evaluating it from a number of different viewpoints. After extensive testing with all of the hulls and existing tech in the game, the team has decided that allowing Diagonal Tiles would create a severe imbalance within the game.

In light of the player request for more land, the team is looking into ways that will allow players to earn more land tiles. The entire game has been balanced on the contraction of bases without the notion of diagonal land placement and adding it now would ruin existing content and obsolete a number hard-won Prize Hulls.

Below is a list of additional validations, without going into too much detail:
    ·      It would allow for channels that are too long when taking into consideration current time limits and hull balances.
    o   Potentially obsoleting things such as the Spectre or slower stand-off fleets.
    ·      Defensive Guard Fleet ranges can be exploited through ‘beaching’ while still being protected by walls.
    ·      A number of tested layout proved to be “uncrackable” even with good driving and top tier technology.

We hope this clarifies the questions that players had as to why this change will not be occurring. If there are any more, feel free to comment on this thread.
    I mean, I can understand the Diagonal tiles improving bases, but why the focus specifically on Spectres and not another hull like maybe the DNX or Striker?
    they are trying to avoid the spectres becoming useless for killing base guards by having longer channels....which i think is too bad for the sub boys....let them take their chances like the other fleets! 

• Mu Ru Der
    Mu Ru Der
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 252
    What about the idea of rotating the base boundaries to the same grid as the game? All the rules still work and bases will gain space without being able to create the ultra-long channels.
  • Raymond mcvay
    Raymond mcvay
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 1,670
    edited 16 Apr 2013, 6:07PM
    new hull is tier 5, that is a given. But where is the new turret going to be? Tier three at the most I hope (Tier two would be nice). But no, this is Kix, probably going to be tier 4 where you have a choice between an old raid hull and the turret. So, lets' see, almost all of the players complaining about base defense are lower to mid level. So they release something for base defense, that you have to be a higher level to get.

Who thinks of this crap at Kix? They did the EXACT same thing with the Halo's. The players that needed them the most had no chance of getting them. There's a person floating around here that says that 83% of the player base wanted "help" with their base. So what does Kix do? They release the "help", but only the top percentage of players can even have a chance at getting it? The players that wanted/needed it get screwed and flattened while the top percentage that didn't really need it just get even stronger bases? A low level player... forget it. A mid level player has almost no chance of retaliation... well Kix fixed that for ya, now you have ZERO chance. What mid-level is going to get into a base with Halo's and Javelin turrets?

(lol, I just thought of a sick joke, they're probably going to put the Halo's and Javelin's on the same tier, so you have to pick between the two.)

That's like if a cruise ship with a 1000 passengers was getting ready to sink... listing heavily and sustained damage from engine fires... So all of the passengers are asking (begging?) for help and the Captain tells them on the loudspeakers, "Help is on the Way!". But when the "help" gets there they only have room for a couple of hundred people... the most famous and richest people are the only ones that get help (the higher level players and heavy coiners). The rest of you, well... IF YOU WOULD HAVE WORKED HARDER, OR IF YOU WOULD HAVE HAD MORE MONEY, YOU WOULD BE ON THAT BOAT HEADED FOR SHORE!

QUIT COMPLAINING, BUILD A BETTER BASE (hard to do when the tools to do that are there, but just out of reach).
    How is this spam Chris Robb? The whole reason (more than 80% of the players) wanted more land was because base defense sucked. Well, it still does. This release only helps higher level players and coiners. I stated in an earlier post I'd hold off judgment about the "no diagonal land tiles" until I saw what Kix was going to do because if they gave the players something good enough, more land tiles wouldn't be needed because the only reason players wanted more land was for base defence. Well, I saw what they did. The players that actually needed it can't get it.

Kix should have released the turret as something researchable.
    1. Players that get turrets researched and built in their base (usually around lvl 40 is when a person should have all turrets researched and be installing DU4 walls and lvl 4 defense platforms) would be the players that need the help the most. If the new turrets would have been researchable they would have fell right where they needed to, where they would have done the most good.
    2. Higher level players are always whining about not having anything to do "but hit bases" right? Whining about how their buildings are just collecting dust but they won't tear them down "just in case".

Something researchable would have pleased both sides.

Kix stated that they wouldn't release content specifically for coiners... then they did EXACTLY what they stated they wouldn't do. I don't mind working for something, that is fine. The point was supposed to be A. Coin or B. Time because this is advertised as a free to play game (remember Kix BRAGGING about it's not the money... we want the players to have access to the whole game without paying... blah, blah blah). But if you don't have the fleets to beat the level 49 and 50, you can't get the last tier. I don't mind the new style of the raid but the target format instead of points is a joke... and not a funny one. At least with the points you had a choice, spend or grind for hours on end if your fleets sucked.

So, jerks can go around playing Hulk Smash all day. Same elitist hypocritical BS. If somebody works on their base, guys like you say "your fleets suck", if they work on their fleets, you say "your base sucks", if they don't have good hulls or base defense weapons, you say "well win one". You have a built in screw you reply for everything. It adds nothing other than to make a snide comment to feed your own ego. I'm getting sick of seeing it.
    "The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, 
    but because he loves what is behind him" 

• Zarlore
    Zarlore
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 2
    Easiest way to do this would be to change the square tiles to hexagons. Just saying. I vote for this!
  • one-eye-willy
    one-eye-willy
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 142
    Hard earned hulls have already become obsolete....... HHa, HHb, Dread......all which were hard earned hulls
  • Pablos venge
    Pablos venge
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 26
    I like hexagons
  • cwjuncfan
    cwjuncfan
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 273

How is this spam Chris Robb? The whole reason (more than 80% of the players) wanted more land was because base defense sucked. Well, it still does. This release only helps higher level players and coiners. I stated in an earlier post I'd hold off judgment about the "no diagonal land tiles" until I saw what Kix was going to do because if they gave the players something good enough, more land tiles wouldn't be needed because the only reason players wanted more land was for base defence. Well, I saw what they did. The players that actually needed it can't get it.

Kix should have released the turret as something researchable.
    1. Players that get turrets researched and built in their base (usually around lvl 40 is when a person should have all turrets researched and be installing DU4 walls and lvl 4 defense platforms) would be the players that need the help the most. If the new turrets would have been researchable they would have fell right where they needed to, where they would have done the most good.
    2. Higher level players are always whining about not having anything to do "but hit bases" right? Whining about how their buildings are just collecting dust but they won't tear them down "just in case".

Something researchable would have pleased both sides.

Kix stated that they wouldn't release content specifically for coiners... then they did EXACTLY what they stated they wouldn't do. I don't mind working for something, that is fine. The point was supposed to be A. Coin or B. Time because this is advertised as a free to play game (remember Kix BRAGGING about it's not the money... we want the players to have access to the whole game without paying... blah, blah blah). But if you don't have the fleets to beat the level 49 and 50, you can't get the last tier. I don't mind the new style of the raid but the target format instead of points is a joke... and not a funny one. At least with the points you had a choice, spend or grind for hours on end if your fleets sucked.

So, jerks can go around playing Hulk Smash all day. Same elitist hypocritical BS. If somebody works on their base, guys like you say "your fleets suck", if they work on their fleets, you say "your base sucks", if they don't have good hulls or base defense weapons, you say "well win one". You have a built in screw you reply for everything. It adds nothing other than to make a snide comment to feed your own ego. I'm getting sick of seeing it.
    Ummm the turret prize is tier 4. 
  • Bill37711
    Bill37711
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 3
         In stead of diagonal land tiles, how about decreasing the area around each item being placed on it. You have buildings that cover multiple tiles. If you did that you would not have to make more land available. Maybe letting individuals turn their base clock wise, by doing that you wouldn't worry about diagonal.   
  • Carnegie_SIASS
    Carnegie_SIASS
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 380
    edited 17 Apr 2013, 12:48AM
    I don't care about realistic battle play or if kixeye make it so buildings fit on one tile only or what tier the new turret is at, well not in this thread anyway.

I only care about the simple fact that kixeye ignored a 83% vote, an when I say ignored, I mean they ignored and listened to so called skilled players, at least kixeye did look into it.

So basically the skilled players whined and cried over bases being to hard, cause the channels where to long for there specs subs to take guard fleet. Always thought it was rubbish that specs could do this anyway, where is the challenge in that? You add in the poor patrol settings we have for our hulls, we are left with no choice but to use 1 off 5 hull spots on a arbiter with sub cav 3 module , which will do nothing for us against dreads or tritons. Although believe sonar pad on a hull with laser targeting 3 and assault missiles does help, not 100% sure about that but yet again, forced to commit 1 of 5 hull spots to do that. longer channel helps here

kixeye should have come back to the forum and put this across to the rest of us, an do a new poll to get a more overall idea of what players wanted. They decided screw the 83% vote and we listen to the skilled players , an make our decision final now without given the 83% of people who voted yes on poll a chance to state what they wished for. end of day, this is what annoys me.

given up on kixeye answering questions I had on a previous post on here. Due to this can only presume what the skilled players said, an I presume they whined and cried about the amount of repair time on there hulls. easy fix, lower repair times.

• Tracker001
    Tracker001
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 26
    Bill37711 wrote: »
         In stead of diagonal land tiles, how about decreasing the area around each item being placed on it. You have buildings that cover multiple tiles. If you did that you would not have to make more land available. Maybe letting individuals turn their base clock wise, by doing that you wouldn't worry about diagonal.   

• Pablos venge
    Pablos venge
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 26
    I said before that i like hexagons , but that won't work in this game .Base designs would be very flawed

I like hexagons

• Genisis
    Genisis
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 77
    Notretsam said:
    I don't care about realistic battle play or if kixeye make it so buildings fit on one tile only or what tier the new turret is at, well not in this thread anyway.

I only care about the simple fact that kixeye ignored a 83% vote, an when I say ignored, I mean they ignored and listened to so called skilled players, at least kixeye did look into it.

So basically the skilled players whined and cried over bases being to hard, cause the channels where to long for there specs subs to take guard fleet. Always thought it was rubbish that specs could do this anyway, where is the challenge in that? You add in the poor patrol settings we have for our hulls, we are left with no choice but to use 1 off 5 hull spots on a arbiter with sub cav 3 module , which will do nothing for us against dreads or tritons. Although believe sonar pad on a hull with laser targeting 3 and assault missiles does help, not 100% sure about that but yet again, forced to commit 1 of 5 hull spots to do that. longer channel helps here

kixeye should have come back to the forum and put this across to the rest of us, an do a new poll to get a more overall idea of what players wanted. They decided screw the 83% vote and we listen to the skilled players , an make our decision final now without given the 83% of people who voted yes on poll a chance to state what they wished for. end of day, this is what annoys me.

given up on kixeye answering questions I had on a previous post on here. Due to this can only presume what the skilled players said, an I presume they whined and cried about the amount of repair time on there hulls. easy fix, lower repair times.

I never understood how people think they are part of the majority of players, quote a poll statistic (83%), posted on a forum visited by less then 1% of the actual players of the game?
    Last time I looked, at most several hundred of the TENS OF THOUSANDS of players of Battle Pirates actually visit or participate on the forums.
    Even if you ran a poll and received 100% support on the forums, it still only represents less then 1% of the actual player base.
    Any poll or "majority" posted on these forums is nothing more the a statistical blip in the larger scheme of the game.

Bet none of you "Kixeye isn't listening to us, the majority" self absorbed people never considered that perhaps Kixeye is more interested in the actual majority of game players and not the disgruntled relative handful that visit the forums and demand they be heard. 

Personally, I don't see anything different from any other online game in the way Kixeye is handling Battle Pirates. They work to acomadate the ever changing overall player base.
    If they were mishandling it that badly, then the major player base would be leaving (they aren't) or you would see a marked increase in complaints (thousands, not hundreds) posted to the forums.
    Level 74

Prizes won: Every single hull, Blueprint, Armor, Special, and Weapons System in the game 

• Carnegie_SIASS
    Carnegie_SIASS
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 380
    did i say 83% of player base? no, i said 83% of people that voted yes on poll.

of course it isn't the full player base, a blind mice singing stevie wonder songs could see that.

However, I love the argument of "isn't the full player base", as how do you or even I know how a poll would look like if the full player base actually did vote?

Since out of the people that did vote , 83% voted yes. This is a strong indication that if everyone who plays, did vote on poll. Then it still be a majority vote for yes in favor of adding diagonal land tiles.

Kixeye do some good things, some bad things, like anything, not always going to agree with everything they do.

However, they are a business, an a business should listen to its customers, which for the most part kixeye does appear to do so. In regards to diagonal land tiles, kixeye are ignoring a 83% vote in favor for this feature and listening to a smaller percentage of players who did the testing. Kixeye should be adding diagonal land tiles, as that is what majority of people who did vote wanted, then figure out what they need to do afterwards to sort any issues they think there are.

This would be good customer service and given you're customers what they want, instead kixeye have chosen to ignore that, and listen to people who are deemed to be skilled players and probably represent a much lower percentage of the actual player base and even the people who voted yes to wanting this feature added.

• noahscapesax
    noahscapesax
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 3
    the diagonal land tiles that can be placed in base designer and just regular mapping can't be connected to another piece of land.  You can only build a straight(diagonal) line of land and must have a gap.  My friend used this to make a base with 4 diagonal walls with 4 openings(no way to close it to one) and he was suspended for it.  It was not overpowered at all.  Anyone could get in after taking a few hits from his cerbs.  It was a fun base!  Stupid to suspend him for using a base design that the system allowed him to build.  Especially when it is no where near as unbalancing as say, the **** dreadx's.  If you are really concerned about balance, stop putting out unstoppable boats that are way more powerful than any base without them can defeat!
  • enterprise1701
    enterprise1701
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 111
    Death And Destruction said 

"quite funny how a thread about diagonal land tiles has turned into a **** session about people who use subs, you all had the chance to get them at christmas i had to make the tough choice between getting dreads or spectres and guess what i chose spectres, you dont see me coming on here crying about people coming into my base with dreads and their mort reload rate do you? no because thats the choice i made, maybe instead of moaning at everyone else about spectres you should be moaning at yourself for not choosing the spectres when you had the chance!!!!"

So true......I made the same choice and simply devised a stratedgy against dreads and mcx fleets and can now stop most attacks from these threats.....Now working on a thresher defense :)
    And as far as auto doing raids with my spectres....Yeah I wish.....Makes the raids and missions easier for me as I like my subs and know how to work them to their full strengths but they are slow and it takes a lot of time..and a lot of expense to repair.

I fully agree that something is needed to rebalance the base defense side of the game as some of the base defense weapons are now pretty useless against certain types of fleets.
    The new thresher rocket ships go through top defensive walls and fully protected cerbs and yet take very little damage.....whereas the cerb 4 weapon would be feared and taken out from a distance by other fleets which would slow the attack down...threshers sail past them as if they were not there. This then does not allow your base time for other defensive weapons like mortars and halo's to make any damage on the attacking fleet.

Any lvl 40's that don't coin stand little chance against the 50+ players with the newer ships and that can quickly discourage newer players to the game when they get farmed by players that they have no way of stopping.........maybe the 40 bar ( where anyone can attack you) should be raised to lvl 50. Below 50 should be kept to within 5 levels.

Oh and i'm a 51 so that suggestion was not intended to help me before i get the big mouths and moaners having a go :)

I like the idea of the chance to win more land tiles in missions...

Currently Lvl 84 , Darts Member currently in 198.
  • Odins_Slayer
    Odins_Slayer
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 758
    Well in the case of this land its something we need indeed, 2 more would not do **** to the game eny way it so unbalanced eny way. Well this game is free to us all in away if not for big coiners or no coiners this game would not be here simpel. But as i coin littel reasson i dont get what i really pay for imo. If i had dry dock i could refit and build a new hull same time hens i would coin more as refit is some times better than new build in trems of spending coin on a hull. 2 more land tiles is no problem fast ships or the tresher is hello walk in at this stage in the game :) same same with overpowerd dnx fleet same al over and less bases also now and few folks on. Your tur should be abel to get to level 7 same with walls. But i do not buy your it will be to hard **** no way get better players to do it for yah so you see it will work. As we do pay as mutch as we do why not let us get something of good value and ingame NEED THINGS and dont read we loose money YOU DONT! Remeber you aint blizzard :) wanna make a game great listen:) And i am level 50 have jugg,merc,lightc thats it but i dont cry i have a rep butom :)
  • Lactose
    Lactose
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 109
    I understand about the diagonal tiles as the whole game engine is based on square ones. However a couple more wont hurt nor help the battle situation as most fleets will still go through a base like a wet papper bag. Now if you have halo's you stand a chance, but even the latest yuppy hulls still go through them with a few ships in the fleet intact. I don't think that a level 56+ should be able to attack a 40. I personally never had a specter make it too far into my base, bur the threshers and MCx's melt right through. What we really need is researchable turrents that can stop Mcx's and threashers as well as torpedo stands that have sonar like in the drac bases. Also if they make it to where you can refit from the dock instead of the shipyard or in addition to it, then that's double the coin opportunity especially during raids. Also if they can nerf the tier 5 military fleets a bit during the next raid or go back to points, I would be grateful. I am also glad they came out with the phalanx antimissiles, they really help.
  • Pilot
    Pilot
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 188
    So, it would've reverted back to taking skill to crack a base like back in the old days. That's the most pathetic reason not add this feature. There is little to no skill in base hits these days. You just didn't want to hear from heavy coiners crying that they can't crack bases with there point and click base flts. Pathetic as usual.
  • KhanPodo
    KhanPodo
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 33
    Gazbeard said:

This confuses me. Why would you want a game to be that realistic? I'm sure many warship sims would replicate that.
    Send me hyren bringing rain, cleansing wounds and easing pain. But if with lightning storms they play, keep them very far away.
  • Odins_Slayer
    Odins_Slayer
    Strike-force Captain
    Liam you right on the money and Sharp and will cant and will not replay to our threads, And Thank you for mercurey set up nice vid:)

• bear13
    bear13
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 6
    this is a good idea , let player win land in raids or , let us upgrade the OP again 
  • David McCoard
    David McCoard
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 86
    Hi everyone,

We’ve been looking at the concept of Diagonal Tiles for quite some time and evaluating it from a number of different viewpoints. After extensive testing with all of the hulls and existing tech in the game, the team has decided that allowing Diagonal Tiles would create a severe imbalance within the game.

In light of the player request for more land, the team is looking into ways that will allow players to earn more land tiles. The entire game has been balanced on the contraction of bases without the notion of diagonal land placement and adding it now would ruin existing content and obsolete a number hard-won Prize Hulls.

Below is a list of additional validations, without going into too much detail:
    ·      It would allow for channels that are too long when taking into consideration current time limits and hull balances.
    o   Potentially obsoleting things such as the Spectre or slower stand-off fleets.
    ·      Defensive Guard Fleet ranges can be exploited through ‘beaching’ while still being protected by walls.
    ·      A number of tested layout proved to be “uncrackable” even with good driving and top tier technology.

We hope this clarifies the questions that players had as to why this change will not be occurring. If there are any more, feel free to comment on this thread.
    What are your tester smoking this is my base if Diagonal Tiles were aloud (the Victory mortar will become Arc 3), the only thing the this base is under is long channels.
    Tell me what you all think.

• Aladar jarok
    Aladar jarok
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 725
    personally i see nothing wrong with your base design.
    my opinion toward whats being said,
    i feel the game is already out of balance, this wont make it any worse than kixeye already has.
    whoever tested this couldn't of spent much time on it for them to say that. 
    as far as im concerned the ability to make a base impregnable will put the challenge back into the game for all those people who feel that they can just walk thru a base flatten the whole thing and come back and do it again.and since he is a lot higher than you , probably coins, and has alot better ships  than you so you cant even go after him, you have to sit there and take it.
    so i feel an impregnable base is a useful thing and by no means defeats any of the high powered ships.
  • Odins_Slayer
    Odins_Slayer
    Strike-force Captain
    Nice a more real base design hens we have this square that is bigg and with to days fleets this is not un doable hens many have speed 18 20 combat ... I like this 
  • wesker
    wesker
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 5,473
    i got an idea kixeye.........make a 2 day server for the player base and everyone gets all the BP's in the game and about 10K gold like last time and let us find that uncrackable base you think you guys made you dont play the game as much as us we find better builds then you guys we kill bases better then you guys so why not consider this idea its a great one we can really test it for you cause as of now its easy as hell to kill bases
    Decimate the Weak

Ships Won: who cares you will see them :D 
    BP-ID: 1824740....lvl 72

• I_FARTED
    I_FARTED
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 15
    Hard earned hulls have already become obsolete....... HHa, HHb, Dread......all which were hard earned hulls
    The dread is still not obsolete just use siege missiles :P
    Proud member of The **** Holes

LVL 54- DUMB(****)

Raid prizes won: dreadnought x, Triton, dreadnought, Light Cruiser, Battle cruiser, strike cruiser, hammerhead hull a, hammerhead hull b, mercury, juggernaut, Goliath, leviathan A, floating fortress a, battle barge a, corvette, super fortress,  sea scorpion a, and halos, plus the other small ships but don't think anyone cares about those :P
  • I_FARTED
    I_FARTED
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 15
    edited 6 May 2013, 3:15AM
    wesker said:
    i got an idea kixeye.........make a 2 day server for the player base and everyone gets all the BP's in the game and about 10K gold like last time and let us find that uncrackable base you think you guys made you dont play the game as much as us we find better builds then you guys we kill bases better then you guys so why not consider this idea its a great one we can really test it for you cause as of now its easy as hell to kill

I agree with what wesker said :D
    Proud member of The **** Holes

LVL 54- DUMB(****)

Raid prizes won: dreadnought x, Triton, dreadnought, Light Cruiser, Battle cruiser, strike cruiser, hammerhead hull a, hammerhead hull b, mercury, juggernaut, Goliath, leviathan A, floating fortress a, battle barge a, corvette, super fortress,  sea scorpion a, and halos, plus the other small ships but don't think anyone cares about those :P
This discussion has been closed.