No Diagonal Land Tiles

MagicSarap
MagicSarap
Unicorn Overlord
Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 5,522
Hi everyone,

We’ve been looking at the concept of Diagonal Tiles for quite some time and evaluating it from a number of different viewpoints. After extensive testing with all of the hulls and existing tech in the game, the team has decided that allowing Diagonal Tiles would create a severe imbalance within the game.

In light of the player request for more land, the team is looking into ways that will allow players to earn more land tiles. The entire game has been balanced on the contraction of bases without the notion of diagonal land placement and adding it now would ruin existing content and obsolete a number hard-won Prize Hulls.

Below is a list of additional validations, without going into too much detail:
·      It would allow for channels that are too long when taking into consideration current time limits and hull balances.
o   Potentially obsoleting things such as the Spectre or slower stand-off fleets.
·      Defensive Guard Fleet ranges can be exploited through ‘beaching’ while still being protected by walls.
·      A number of tested layout proved to be “uncrackable” even with good driving and top tier technology.

We hope this clarifies the questions that players had as to why this change will not be occurring. If there are any more, feel free to comment on this thread.
  • Cranberry
    Cranberry
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 1,207
    How would diagonal tile "Obsolete" Spectres when they're still auto-winning the raids for the players that have them?
  • Cranberry
    Cranberry
    Incursion Leader
    Hi everyone,

We’ve been looking at the concept of Diagonal Tiles for quite some time and evaluating it from a number of different viewpoints. After extensive testing with all of the hulls and existing tech in the game, the team has decided that allowing Diagonal Tiles would create a severe imbalance within the game.

In light of the player request for more land, the team is looking into ways that will allow players to earn more land tiles. The entire game has been balanced on the contraction of bases without the notion of diagonal land placement and adding it now would ruin existing content and obsolete a number hard-won Prize Hulls.

·      It would allow for channels that are too long when taking into consideration current time limits and hull balances.
    o   Potentially obsoleting things such as the Spectre or slower stand-off fleets.
    ·      Defensive Guard Fleet ranges can be exploited through ‘beaching’ while still being protected by walls.
    ·      A number of tested layout proved to be “uncrackable” even with good driving and top tier technology.

We hope this clarifies the questions that players had as to why this change will not be occurring. If there are any more, feel free to comment on this thread.
    I mean, I can understand the Diagonal tiles improving bases, but why the focus specifically on Spectres and not another hull like maybe the DNX or Striker?
  • Cranberry
    Cranberry
    Incursion Leader
    sandhill said:
    Cranberry said:
    Hi everyone,

I mean, I can understand the Diagonal tiles improving bases, but why the focus specifically on Spectres and not another hull like maybe the DNX or Striker?
    they are trying to avoid the spectres becoming useless for killing base guards by having longer channels....which i think is too bad for the sub boys....let them take their chances like the other fleets! 
    I agree.
  • Tyrannulet
    Tyrannulet
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 830
    edited 3 Apr 2013, 10:52PM
    Good, as much as I would appreciate these for my base it would make other bases way too overpowered, good job guys, thanks for keeping us in the know also.
  • Hyper
    Hyper
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 58
    If we can't have tiles give us more turrets/new to research because all the ships are over powered now -.-" 
    In game name: Hyper
    Level: 52 Home Sector: N/A
    In current sector: N/A
    Alliance: DarkStorm PVP

Raid Ships: Strike Cruiser, Goliath, Battle Ship, Corvette, Interdictor, Dreadnought X.
    Most Important weapons owned: Hailstorm A, Hailstorm B, Halo, Poseidon I, Poseidon II, Phalanx I, Phalanx III.
  • Cranberry
    Cranberry
    Incursion Leader
    Doombunny said:

Cranberry said:
    I'd say give us water based Turrets that shoot Torpedoes so as to protect against Spectres prepping without damage. Currently attackers coin rockets to BB my Arb and then my BS with Sonar 3. So both defenses are being circumvented then the rest of my fleet prepped. Still takes at least seven or more attacks, but some extra protection would be welcome.
    I have to wonder what you did to piss someone off so badly that they feel the need to hit you 7 times and coin rockets to level you.

Besides, specs can be mostly nullified via good base design;  sub cav arbs are just insurance.

I keep my WHs stacked full, plus I attacked his Alliance members when they were trying to attack my neighbors. Guess he wanted to prove a point. Still took the guy two MCX fleets to get my base to 80%. Wasn't too bad of a hit, but those Spectres took out my third ship, didn't even try bringing his subs further into the channel.
  • Mr. Blizzard
    Mr. Blizzard
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 3,176
    So your saying by doing diagonal land tiles it would over balance the game in to the defender point.....that's what we wanted for like 4 months now. These "turrets" should be worth while to get, and don't stick them in a raid. Ways to get land tiles? Oh I don't maybe OP6, have them as a bonus when you level up, when you reach a certain point, a weekly mission prize etc. There, I listed 4 ways and one of them is a very good idea(gut feeling says, 70% get it wrong).

• Joseph Ware
    Joseph Ware
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 362
    Cranberry said:
    I'd say give us water based Turrets that shoot Torpedoes so as to protect against Spectres prepping without damage. Currently attackers coin rockets to BB my Arb and then my BS with Sonar 3. So both defenses are being circumvented then the rest of my fleet prepped. Still takes at least seven or more attacks, but some extra protection would be welcome.
    they can always do it without damage either way, that bs button called retreat saves them from damage, if you take a sub fleet into base you should have to exit the base before retreating or run like hell till the time runs out
  • thomaspoul
    thomaspoul
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 78
    They rock playing every time.
  • freddykruger
    freddykruger
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 2
    some bases are already hard enough the other day mine took out a mcx fleet before they could even finish off 3 turrets

so what im saying is you dont need more land tiles you just need to find a good configuration
  • ram.lord.142
    ram.lord.142
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1
    Hi everyone,

We hope this clarifies the questions that players had as to why this change will not be occurring. If there are any more, feel free to comment on this thread  

If possible  lessen the time of building fleets or giving us another shipyard by making it 2 shipyard 1 is for building and 1 is only for refitting as you know raids are conducted almost monthly if i'm not mistaken and new ships is introduce most players never have the chance to build their prize (new ship) and they have still long in the list to do. Only the top coiner  and some crook hackers have the chance to build these fleet instantly and enjoy it.
    This is one of the most boring part or this is one of your strategy to force players to spend more coins? but if you do something that is really fair maybe some other players may have to coin if you address this one properly!!!!!
  • RAIDEN-IMMORTALS
    RAIDEN-IMMORTALS
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 51
    The bases these days are hard enough to get into..leave it alone...all these whiners just do salvs and complain when their base gets hit...Its because they dont know how how to hit back and when they lose they make lame excuses.
    LVL-72....home= wherever  I  may roam
  • Robe Allen
    Robe Allen
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 24
    The bases these days are hard enough to get into..leave it alone...all these whiners just do salvs and complain when their base gets hit...Its because they dont know how how to hit back and when they lose they make lame excuses. i agree 100% im just a lvl 52 and i focused mainly on the design and structure of my base and it holds up to all my trash talk but here goes an idea that kixeye can improve on how about a ship yard lvl 3 which allows u to build 1 ship and refit another at the same time my ship yard is still a lvl 1 i see no real need for lvl 2 because i strictly use drac tech and it is unaffected by the ship yard however a higher lvl ship yard with the ability to build and refit at the same time would encourage me to upgrade i also liked the idea of rewarding land tiles as a forsaken mission tier prize

everyone has a little freak in them
  • xDartbladex
    xDartbladex
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 129
    lmao thats just stupid we need diagnol designs cause the game is already off balance we can't even defend our bases ne more mcx can level a base n damage and i watched a lvl 55 base get fully leveled by just 1 triton which is a load of crap yall are losing people to all these stupid ideas where is our dry dock or lowered build times or more land more turrets no diagnal connecting that just sucks 
  • TallGiraffe
    TallGiraffe
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 4,743
    Cranberry said:
    How would diagonal tile "Obsolete" Spectres when they're still auto-winning the raids for the players that have them?
    It doesn't affect JUST spectres.....
    Don't use Level. Use Tech when describing players. Level means nothing, its all about tech.
  • Cranberry
    Cranberry
    Incursion Leader
    Cranberry said:
    Magic commented specifically that the Diagonal tiles would obsolete Spectres. Thus my question.
  • Nate Larson
    Nate Larson
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 26

Cranberry said:
    Cranberry said:
    Magic commented specifically that the Diagonal tiles would obsolete Spectres. Thus my question.

Specs are not auto-win raid ships. Specs require alot of maneuvering and time to do any good in a raid and a person can still get tons of damage. Specs are only good for people who have the time to use them. 
    As for base attacking/prepping, this requires a completely different designed spec to be able to go into bases and prep fleets then the raid. A person literally has to build two sets of spec fleets to do this. If the channels get to long basically specs would become useless in prepping fleets and that would completely ruin an entire spec build.
    If your that worried that your ships are going to be prepped by subs, BUILD A BETTER BASE or add the new anti sub weapons that could have been won during the trition raid. 
  • MagicSarap
    MagicSarap
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 5,522
    Liam99-DOG wrote: »
    Uncrackable you say.........Who tested that theory....some pencil pushers at Kixeye or some real players.
    This was tested by skilled players, though your bravado is giving me ideas for challenges. Haha.
  • lokey
    lokey
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 182
    hard won hulls well what about the ppl whoe havnt gottin thes hulls ANd are gettin lvled every day from them is that fun for them to see that they have nothing for them and cant hit back when all they have are hh or even some have only the ff still i think this game is already un ballenced big time if you want to even the odds for smaller and some non coining big players put some new better hull in the forsaken lab doesnt haft to be a dnx or mcx or even the spect but somthing thats able to keep up pish yall think more land going to help they will just make an even bigger hull to lvlv you wait and see and the money bags in this game will have them 
  • xDartbladex
    xDartbladex
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 129
    this is just a joke really the game has been off balance for months no point in playing this game ne more due to not being able to defend the base i stopped playing as much and i just let people in my base no point in trying to defend 
  • DeathAndDestruction44
    DeathAndDestruction44
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 886

Cranberry said:

sandhill said:
    Cranberry said:
    Hi everyone,

they are trying to avoid the spectres becoming useless for killing base guards by having longer channels....which i think is too bad for the sub boys....let them take their chances like the other fleets! 

Cranberry said:
    they can always do it without damage either way, that bs button called retreat saves them from damage, if you take a sub fleet into base you should have to exit the base before retreating or run like hell till the time runs out
    quite funny how a thread about diagonal land tiles has turned into a **** session about people who use subs, you all had the chance to get them at christmas i had to make the tough choice between getting dreads or spectres and guess what i chose spectres, you dont see me coming on here crying about people coming into my base with dreads and their mort reload rate do you? no because thats the choice i made, maybe instead of moaning at everyone else about spectres you should be moaning at yourself for not choosing the spectres when you had the chance!!!!
  • BammBammRubbl3
    BammBammRubbl3
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 1
    Yet another time when kixeye wont listen to the mast majority of players complaints and do things there own way for greed. For once do something right to encourage players that don't have the money to be able to afford coining now. Our economy is still crap all over the world and when things pick up I am sure people will coin. The biggest thing needed in this game is another dry dock for refitting ships period it holds everyone back in this game. I am also sure that people that do coin will not coin less but more now cause they can get there crap all done quicker. If anything a 2nd dock wont lose money it will either stay the same or increase the money.             Get this one right and don't just sit there pissing away a great game cause of greed guys and maybe you'll earn some respect back from the people on here that support yous in yr wages.
This discussion has been closed.