March Work in Progress

• Spider Monkey
    Spider Monkey
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 505

Added the new Battle Commands.
    Up key to "select all ships in fleet" doesn't seem to work for me in battle. Chrome, using the arrow keys to the left of the number pad that are not subject to "numlock" variability. 
    it not implemented yet be in this week some time 
    I started in sector 247

The sectors I been too 247, 352, 354, 16, 276, 415, 479

The hulls won Destroyer, Destroyer X, LC's, LCX, BC, Juggs, and MC so far 

How to survive Level 40

How to survive level 40 part 2: Raid strategy 

Tips for 40's 
  • LandedKiller 22
    LandedKiller 22
    Master Tactician
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 2,291
    edited 12 Mar 2013, 3:44PM
    What is this slightly altered spawn system for the march event. Will it fix the ghost fleet problem, the ghost fleet was when I attacked a draconian fleet and it disappeared was that a trick you guys put in or was it a glitch?
    sector 88 winnings corvette, destroyer x 
    visited  sectors 166,399
    level 33
  • SandmanX
    SandmanX
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 1,078
    richb40k said:
    Still no word on the issue of shorter build/refit/repair times or the introduction of a Dry Dock/2nd Shipyard?  I guess you're still discussing it. Must be a really long discussion for it not to be mentioned in the March updates. OR  Is KIX just ignoring its players once again.   I said it before and I'll say it again -   We are not dependent on you, you are dependent on us.

dry dock idea was shot down
    By whom, when? Link please.
    If it's shot down officially, it's my final post here. 
  • UTE
    UTE
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 101
    Honesty, I don't think that Kixeye wants to say anything official regarding a dry dock that does dual ship builds and refits. I've noticed myself that when I or anyone else starts a thread about the dry dock its gets shut down right away. Instead they just say its still being "discussed" and theoretically it can be discussed forever. Personally, I would like to see an official statement myself from Kixeye and not a troll.
    Home sector: 22
    Visited: 21, 22 ,35 ,44 ,56 ,71 ,86 , 106, 156, 170, 202, 206, 214, 220, 255, 258, 259, 260, 261, 291, 300, 301, 307, 308, 315, 321, 342, 356, 371, 374, 375, 400, 421, 451, 458, 459, 461, 465, 498, 500
    Is Dwight Schrute in charge of Kixeye's customer service? In the wild, there is no healthcare. In the wild healthcare is 'Ow, I hurt my leg. I can't run. A lion eats me, and I'm dead.' Well, I'm not dead. I'm the lion. You're dead. -Dwight Schrute

"null, a great humanitarian." -IGW 
  • KRAKnDoc
    KRAKnDoc
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 104

We still need search in the alliance feature fixed, or an option for an alliance leader to make an alliance an enemy by clicking on a base.
    agreed it is hard enough to find the enemy alliance of nearby sector, I really like this option

Image may contain: text
  • gurk217
    gurk217
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 4
    tipstir wrote: »
    Bring back the clouds! Makes this game stand out more. Make it rain, snow and even throw into some waves like Google Earth does once in a while. 

yes and lets have some night instead of day all the time ....

• Spunky4202
    Spunky4202
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 3
    There is no incentive for anyone to join an alliance since non alliance tagged bases arent worth any points. So for those guys that never want to get hit all they have to do is NOT join an alliance and their chances of being attacked are greatly reduced. It defeats the purpose of having the alliance feature with so many restrictions and requirements if we are limited to the bases we can attack. I suggest that in order to promote joining an alliance and to advance the game, that anyone that is not in an alliance be worth attacking in order to promote the feature and its benefits. Hitting alliance members in general is worth 200 points. So make attacking NON alliance members worth 300 points. I will tell  you from experience from playing other alliance based games, it will make this one more interesting and entertaining if everyone is part of an alliance. 
  • Adam Miller
    Adam Miller
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2011 Posts: 43
    edited 13 Mar 2013, 4:53AM
    Thanks for the update and I love your raids. Like others have said if this is gonna be the raid system for awhile you need to make it so other cant steal the military fleets from you.
  • ChaplainKent
    ChaplainKent
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 19
    Fractal said:
    Fixing the issue of gifts and mercs disappearing.... does that mean we will be able to use our resource crates during the March event, unlike the last one?

Clouds.... I liked the clouds.... too bad.

I will double check on the Resource Crate/Event question.

• ChaplainKent
    ChaplainKent
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 19
    Much of what I have read the satisfaction in playing the game comes in creating friendships and alliances to work together. To defend each other and to build group power grids. As a retired army chaplain I enjoy the people I meet and building both my fleet and my group of friends. I consider myself a non combatant which is the same real life role I played for 27 years in the US military. So why isn't there a way to play that role in this game?  An example of what I'm talking about is seen in WOW online games. You can identify as player vs player or not. The modern games are more than a simple distraction. They are an extension of people's lives. This game is a part of who I am socially and intellectually. After having played the game for a significant amount of time I'm now considered quitting as with the new travel towers players don't have to invest any time in traveling to attack you or threat of defenders following and attacking back. I searched for the sector I'm in now for a long time because it gave me the distance and protection I needed to build in peace assist others to do the same. Occasionally an out of sector fleet would tag you but now its constant attacks and time wasted in rebuilding. You have taken a lot of the fun out of the game except for those who love to bully.   
  • TeeJay316
    TeeJay316
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 12
    pheonosis said:
    We know there is going to be a raid every month and it is usually going to differ slightly from the previous one and we also know the you will be changing blueprints within the weekly missions periodically. Do these really need to be added to the work in progress? It just seems like your trying to bulk it out a little. 
    Did it really take you until 9 days into the month of which 7 of them were working days to come up with this? Most of the things on the list have already been implemented, I think this may have been posted in the wrong forum section, it should be in the archive already.
    Don't be a ****.
  • TeeJay316
    TeeJay316
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 12
    pheonosis said:
    We know there is going to be a raid every month and it is usually going to differ slightly from the previous one and we also know the you will be changing blueprints within the weekly missions periodically. Do these really need to be added to the work in progress? It just seems like your trying to bulk it out a little. 
    Did it really take you until 9 days into the month of which 7 of them were working days to come up with this? Most of the things on the list have already been implemented, I think this may have been posted in the wrong forum section, it should be in the archive already.
    I'm not trying to bulk it out, if I were, I would be including things on the back end that are being worked on but the majority of things in the WIPs are player facing. As always, the team is working to optimize the game on the backend. Regarding why it took me a long time, there are a few reasons. This isn't the only task I was working on for the last seven days, so it was making sure and finding the time to update it. Also, things are constantly shifting as you can see with Navigation Relays, so I wanted to make sure that what I was delivered was the most accurate representation of March.
    My reply to him was simpler but yours was MUCH more informative. Thanks! 
  • Duff Man
    Duff Man
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 36
    love the navigation relays, seriously one of the best updates of recent times. the 2nd shipyard or refit bay is desperately needed, i would like to hear an official quote from kixeye regarding this matter as it has been suggested since i started playing this game and i have never seen an official response. 

the only thing i didnt like from the last raid was that you had to complete the previous tier to move on to the next. tier 4 was not worth anything to me as i already had them but had to waste time and fleets completing it to get the top prize. you should be able to just take out the tiers you want.

LVL 78 -  Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  • britishjurassicfossils.work
    britishjurassicfossils.work
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 5
     Base guard Drones not staying dead after each prep attack.
     I got attacked 6 times last night by the same person the first 5 times he was just taking my drones out, but after every 5 minutes in my base when he re-entered my drone count had returned back to normal level. can this be fixed so that once my drones are dead they stay dead?
  • Doug White
    Doug White
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 15
    One thought - In the fleet raid format something should be added as an Equalizer for the lower levels - they need the hulls to compete - last raid they didn't have a prayer of killing anything over a 34. The idea of letting more that one player / flt attack a drac flt might help. at least that way they can get some help.

• dave.taylor.12914216
    dave.taylor.12914216
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1
    edited 13 Mar 2013, 7:12PM
    Ive got an idea,if your going to continue shifting prizes for weekly raid why dont you let people pick what they want. Ive got a half dozen fukn drac torps, I dont want anymore. Unfortunatly the computer picks them for me every fn time.
  • mncowboy969
    mncowboy969
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2010 Posts: 142

pheonosis said:
    I'm not trying to bulk it out, if I were, I would be including things on the back end that are being worked on but the majority of things in the WIPs are player facing. As always, the team is working to optimize the game on the backend. Regarding why it took me a long time, there are a few reasons. This isn't the only task I was working on for the last seven days, so it was making sure and finding the time to update it. Also, things are constantly shifting as you can see with Navigation Relays, so I wanted to make sure that what I was delivered was the most accurate representation of March.
    MagicSarap:  Please don't try to justify your obvious good intentions of helping to keep the BP players updated on what has been accomplished, as well as upcoming projects that you are working on.  It's obvious, that this spoiled little brat has no clue of (a) how far BP has progressed from when I started almost 2 years ago to now, (b) how much better the communication is from KIXEYE to the BP players, (c) how much more receptive KIXEYE is to input and feedback from the BP players, and even more so, (d) the amazement at how KIXEYE has pushed the internet and networking to it's limits with it's real time, online, and you don't have to spend a dime (unless you want to) technology!  That guy is obviously either a brand new player, or is disgruntled and most anything in the world.  I have, and have had my complaints with the game and KIXEYE, but your candid and open communication, as well as the new improvements (eg. the relay towers are amazing!), and updates on what's coming, is great!  Thanks for that!  Now....if I can sneak in one little request for you to look at...  The "relocate" is very old and antiquated.  Higher level players have a heck of a time relocating to a friend that is a lower level, etc.  It would be nice if you could have ALL FB friends that are BP players, or better, just be able to select a sector by typing it in!  Thanks again for all the improvements and bug fixes!
    Captain_Crunch      Level: 71
    Been to: 274, 293, 204, 202, 175, 401&407(Raid Screwup), 393, 233, 212, and more!  LOL  Born: 274
    Raids:  RR1-3rd, RR2-1st (HammerHead "B"), RR3-2nd, RR4-(on vacation), BI1-2nd (Dreadnought), BI2-1st (Sea Scorpian), 
    BI3-1st (Baracuda), BI4-1st (Goliath), BI5-1st (Strike Cruiser), BI6-1st (Interdictor)
  • Lelland Burden
    Lelland Burden
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 45
    I think you should include both typhoons and draconian outposts on the next set of forsaken missions. Only cuz some people dont like the typhoons me being one of the. (Only cuz I have forsaken hulls A.T.M I'm still working on my battle ships, and I only have one built.) You could make the point values on the outposts lower and the typhoons higher to encourage people to hit the typhoons, and would keep players skills sharp for the upcoming raids. The biggest point behind the whole idea is to give everyone the chance to get the forsaken mission tiers. (I'm talking about the lower lvl players like lvl 10-20) I mean come on I really don't see a lvl 5-20 spending the repair time let alone the resources just to compete in the weekly forsaken missions for all the cool blueprints that you all are offering.
    Wulf said:
    Buddy bubbles are scabs!

Battle Pirates: Reaper LVL 45, Sector 290, Alliance: TSOT
    Raid Hulls: Battleship / Drac Hunt

War Commander: TheReaper LVL 24, Sector 66, Alliance: HellFire

Vega Conflict: Darth Vader LVL 22, Sector 600, Alliance:
  • saphire265
    saphire265
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 121
    exelent when are we getting something to research the only reason to keep the naval lab is that i need it for upgrading shipyardn intel and tact labs when are we getting something free when when when kixeye when compence that i have repaired mi fleet twice in a day and it keeps appearing destroyed that we report hackers they get bann and they say where they got the hack and they get their acc and gold back that is no fun that is no fun it seems like they have imunity when are you hearing us who the hell cares about misile sound that wasnt even reported because no1 puts sound on this game because its crappy wheres our reload specials for misiles and mortars just great jaaa im even tinking of hackin to repair the 1 hur repair fleet that haves taken 10 because of the glitcjhes and all ye say is refresh go to map blah blah blah it keeps happening anywayy
  • Lelland Burden
    Lelland Burden
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 45
      Now....if I can sneak in one little request for you to look at...  The "relocate" is very old and antiquated.  Higher level players have a heck of a time relocating to a friend that is a lower level, etc.  It would be nice if you could have ALL FB friends that are BP players, or better, just be able to select a sector by typing it in!  Thanks again for all the improvements and bug fixes!

Yes I would love to see this cuz i have freinds that are high leveled players too and when i tell them to jump to me they cant cuz all of their bp friends are in the lvl 50s-60s range and thats all see when they try to relocate, or even the whole type in the sector that you want to jump to would be even beter. So I for one am behind you on this small request mncowboy969
    Wulf said:
    Buddy bubbles are scabs!

Battle Pirates: Reaper LVL 45, Sector 290, Alliance: TSOT
    Raid Hulls: Battleship / Drac Hunt

War Commander: TheReaper LVL 24, Sector 66, Alliance: HellFire

Vega Conflict: Darth Vader LVL 22, Sector 600, Alliance:
  • all done
    all done
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 73
    So what happened to the additional dock? Where is the discussion at on this (old ) issue?
    Clan: Pala...  Anything with teeth, will bite! 
    ¶Can't get in , so don't even bother!
  • Quincey Bailey
    Quincey Bailey
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 1,553
    OK lets get a few things itemized here on the reality of things:
    1. Players have to be reminded that Kixeye does not care, they are here to make money, period! The last raid was a slaughter. Like the Typhoons raids, the Dracs where and are still tweeked beyond any Forsaken tech. for example: Sonar ranges that reach across the battlefield. I reality, scientist would have re-engineered ships for its tech so it can be reproduced for their own sides benefits. 
    2. Kixeye needs to realize those who bragged about not coining much in the last raid had the BIG SHIPS and fleets {probably coined} so they did not have to coin much. It costed me only $8 for first 30 fleets but got costly and and time consuming. With the shockwave crashes{ which Adobe has check my system for me}. sos screens, black screens and unsatisfied result from a glitch issue where others who had the same glitch happened was compensated generously. The raid setup needs inprovement where player skills could be use more benifitually.
    3. Player need to work together more on Raid and even strategies and help those who are less fortunate than them. The Sector I am in came together in the last day to get lower levels up to atleast teir 4 ships to help them grow as a player, increasing their firepower for future events.
    4. No free Shinies? what about non coiner adds that give them coins to use in game? where is our adds as Coin buyers? if someone saved 100 coins during a month with these adds and had the right setups and fleets then the spent nada on raid. Kixeye should realize not everyone plays the same and the weekly missions are hard enough with full repairs and Typhoons points and damgge ratio sucks.
    5. I need to realize my spelling sucks and need to work on my grammer.
    6. Everyone needs to realize that not everyone on Facebook can sit around on Obomas Free but not so free money to play the game. Someone has to pay the bills. Those of us who have real jobs and want the sparkly new things have to work 5 time harder to do so and since the economy is so messed up, kixeye should realize that soon people are going to have to change spending habits and going to weed out overly exspenced non physical items like online games. got to keep things flowing. 
    7. kixeye should not regress from player feebacks change things then change them back cause it feels right to kixeye and not their customers. TYPHOONS SUCK!
  • UTE
    UTE
    Minor Nuisance
    Yah, get rid of the typhoons and give us a dry dock that does dual refits and builds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Visited: 21, 22 ,35 ,44 ,56 ,71 ,86 , 106, 156, 170, 202, 206, 214, 220, 255, 258, 259, 260, 261, 291, 300, 301, 307, 308, 315, 321, 342, 356, 371, 374, 375, 400, 421, 451, 458, 459, 461, 465, 498, 500
    Is Dwight Schrute in charge of Kixeye's customer service? In the wild, there is no healthcare. In the wild healthcare is 'Ow, I hurt my leg. I can't run. A lion eats me, and I'm dead.' Well, I'm not dead. I'm the lion. You're dead. -Dwight Schrute

• David Lehne
    David Lehne
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 2
    **** no one wants the **** typhons in the next mssion again... wtf
  • Debbie Stevens Williams
    Debbie Stevens Williams
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 5
    Why is you slow down researches and and up grades during weekly raids. I had 11 hours on my research last night and 12 hours later  I still have 9 hours to go. This is bull ****!
  • Chuba
    Chuba
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 3
    I'd like to also make a suggestion.... I personally would like to receive a Private message in advance of a "Battle Pirate Update" in advance of it. Just so I can expect it. One min I'm battling and then I can not view due to your update. Thank you. I'm really enjoying the game

• Kevin_K
    Kevin_K
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1
    I like the new update and warp towers and stuff. I liked the 3D look those clouds gave the world map. Good work. Military fleet raid was unreasonably hard and an obvious coin grab. I don't think I could have killed one 50 with my SC siege cannons in the whole week.
  • SteveYoung
    SteveYoung
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 308
    do we have to go in order again cause i was so close to getting the battleship and one of my friends tried getting it but it said u have to get tier 3 first so can you plz not have us do it in order.
    Earning the prizes I believe will functional the same way in Drac Hunt.
    So your loyal players who already have the tier 4 prizes will be punished and made to play an unrewarded 4th tier in order to win the 5th tier....no wonder you're losing players left right n centre
  • UTE
    UTE
    Minor Nuisance
    edited 15 Mar 2013, 9:55PM
    Hey Kixeye.  You forgot to mention in your update, that you slightly increased the speed of the point ship on the 31 and 40 salvage, (hanvt checked rest),  and as i just observed you modified the targeting for the drac morts to go to the max outside of the spread consitantly, thus ensureing that my fleets ive worked to make not get hit.. get hit anyway.

I noticed that too what the hell kixeye?

This discussion has been closed.