March Work in Progress

• Lunar Razor
    Lunar Razor
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,448
    the drac hunt is a fun thing to implement hope some good previous prizes are given (like the spectre :D ) but at least this time i know what i can do and how to do pretty well on it ...any idea when it will be...like end of month or what

• croce.tarsi.1
    croce.tarsi.1
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 10
    do we have to go in order again cause i was so close to getting the battleship and one of my friends tried getting it but it said u have to get tier 3 first so can you plz not have us do it in order.
  • Iulian Manea
    Iulian Manea
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 48
    you need to bring back the level restictions its not fare for a lvl 63 to be able to destroy a lvel 49 set it up to where you can only hit 5 levels below your current level give us small guys a chance to grow instead of being destroyed all the time

i for one agree with you bladeshammer they do need to bring back the level restictions cuz now it seems that the high end players are hitting us lower end players for easy resouces, and to me thats just unfair considering that us low end players work hard for those resouces.
    put your WH outside and your base will be safe.. big levels hit low levels for resources only. 
    Anyway res are anywhere on the map
  • medic9021
    medic9021
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 81
    pheonosis said:
    We know there is going to be a raid every month and it is usually going to differ slightly from the previous one and we also know the you will be changing blueprints within the weekly missions periodically. Do these really need to be added to the work in progress? It just seems like your trying to bulk it out a little. 
    Did it really take you until 9 days into the month of which 7 of them were working days to come up with this? Most of the things on the list have already been implemented, I think this may have been posted in the wrong forum section, it should be in the archive already.
    I'm not trying to bulk it out, if I were, I would be including things on the back end that are being worked on but the majority of things in the WIPs are player facing. As always, the team is working to optimize the game on the backend. Regarding why it took me a long time, there are a few reasons. This isn't the only task I was working on for the last seven days, so it was making sure and finding the time to update it. Also, things are constantly shifting as you can see with Navigation Relays, so I wanted to make sure that what I was delivered was the most accurate representation of March.
    Who would of thought that you didn't sit on forums all day long lol. Totally sarcastic.  
    Proud Owner of  BBA, BC, BBX, BS, Corvette, Cuda, Destroyer, Destroyer X, DNX, Frigate, Goliath, Jugg's HHA, HHB,  LC, LCX, Levi A, Mauler, Mercury, Rampart, Spectre, Stingray, SSA.
    Arc, Halo, Jav
    Fear My Frigate Fleet!!!!
    LVL 62
  • Financeranger
    Financeranger
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 462
    ____ said:
    well done on the bugs resolved, now work on releasing the monthly update sooner
    Excellent Kixeye, glad my gold helped!
    ____ said:
    well done on the bugs resolved, now work on releasing the monthly update sooner

Level 102, Collected all the hulls kix wants me to coin! Sectors travels...who cares play the game and don't whine when you get hit!
  • Financeranger
    Financeranger
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 462
    I loved the last raid. especially for low level players it was easier to reach tier 3 or for medium players tier 4.
    Hell yeah...loved it an it did not feel like a grind for points.....it would be nice if they added a find level 21, 32, or whatever level fleet u need option.

Level 102, Collected all the hulls kix wants me to coin! Sectors travels...who cares play the game and don't whine when you get hit!
  • SteveYoung
    SteveYoung
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 308
    I don't mind the military fleets but i DO mind having to do whole tiers for absolutely no reward, tier 4 last raid was absolutely fruitless for most high level players, most already had battleship and super fortress so the whole tier was unrewarded. and before you coinerhaters start, if you had to do tiers for no reward at all you'd be screaming and threatening to leave the game so don't tell us that it's fair that we have to do all the tiers just because you do. tiers shouldn't be compulsory.n full stop, they weren't before, you chose what to spend your accrued points on....now you're forced to take lower prizes which you'll probably never use, (let's face it, 3/4/5 are the only tiers worth getting once you start winning top prize tiers), it's just the principle of being completely unrewarded for a whole tier while other people are getting rewarded for it... big unbalance in the game kix...make the tiers OPTIONAL. 
  • DaBear
    DaBear
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 15

Navigation Relays need to be moved. Set's an unfair disadvantage for those who have them in front of their base. Been getting a lot of Hit and Run traffic on base and fleets. If the towers were moved in somewhere around the Draconian Bases, it would give a cushion around the players nearest to them

• Captain_Dee7
    Captain_Dee7
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 22
    For all you guys that loved the last raid I just happened to notice that you all have nice hulls to do this raid with. I am a level 39 and the only ships I have really are Light Cruiser and Levi. For you guys it might be easy and cost low dollars to get to top tier but for me it cost 20$ to no even make it to tier 3. They pump this raid up a bit too hard for low levels like me that don't have good hulls to use. I spent 10 fleets on a 30 to finally kill it and not get credit for the kill because the last wave of drones finished my fleet off. I will not ever participate in a Drac Hunt event again. Good luck for those that do.
  • Aladar jarok
    Aladar jarok
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 725
    edited 24 Mar 2013, 8:24PM
    noone listens no point in posting issues with the game no more.

• Christopher Gossett
    Christopher Gossett
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 57
    the next raid being the same as last time, the last raid was a disaster. i was unable to get anywhere in the last raid therefore no prizes.
    6 tries to kill a fleet twice the power and size of anythng a common player can fight is totally stupid. it is time the stupidity ended people!
    this is a FREE game, therefore it shouldn't cost coins to win in a raid. if it does,  your being completely unfair!
    i will remain in the game strictly to talk to the friends i have made but participation is gonna disappear due to the lack of consideration for the common players.
    and until i see something change, i will never recommend this game to anyone!
    ok to the non coiners... i dont have money to spend on game either and i have felt the way all have in that aspect i started playing at the end of 2011 and have put many hours and days into raids and could not get anywhere. the last raid is the only raid i was able to get tier 4 for a raid hull and i got the bs. yes the battleship is the first and only raid hull i have. i was able to do it because of alliance friends the system kixeye had for raid and lots of repairs (LOL). the only thing i didnt like was tier 5 seemed too excessive for peeps ( coiner and non coiners). so i hope they do it again but lower the difficulty of some of the higher tiers. i would like to thank my alliance friends ADD and Captliverlips of SCOW for thier help. with the bs i can look forward to ever so slowly trying to catch up
  • Simon Dijkstra
    Simon Dijkstra
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 413
    So does this mean we will actually have our resource packages during the raid???? and they wont mysteriously dissapear this time?
    Frisian
  • MagicSarap
    MagicSarap
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 5,522
    Nav relays best addition to the game I've seen in a year of playing...nice to see feedback from test server preview incorporated into final release, and as others have said, thank you for taking the extra time to release a fine tuned and functional feature, instead of rushing to meet an arbitrary deadline. Too bad so sad about the clouds; I'd like to see the sun come back, too. I'd also like to see people quit being such jerks to the CMs. Have some of you people never had jobs with shifting priorities, deadlines and resources? Good grief; give the guy a break.
    i agree with this guy thanks magic and yer every 1 needs to get a life and stop having a go at the cm they can only do so much at a time  give them a break

magic a suggestion can cm and mods have the colour bk red for cm and blue for mod so much easyier to see a mod and cm post then
     just a suggestion you currently look like any one what can post on forums and im sure thats not right maybe evan put green or something as mods and yellow for cm

any nice colour will work :)
    We're working on getting a better identifier for CM and Moderator posts. This is more of a forum task so it's not on the BP team, but the forum team. It is something that we have already noted and requested.
  • MagicSarap
    MagicSarap
    Unicorn Overlord
    • Resolved one of the issues regarding lost Gifts and Mercenary Fleets.
    How many are there?
    Sometimes it is possible for an issue to have more than one root core problem and therefore we make mention one core problem being resolved.
  • MagicSarap
    MagicSarap
    Unicorn Overlord
    We still need search in the alliance feature fixed, or an option for an alliance leader to make an alliance an enemy by clicking on a base.
    The next round of Alliances revisions are undergoing review at this time if I'm not mistaken.
  • MagicSarap
    MagicSarap
    Unicorn Overlord
    What is being done about the transitions from normal server to battle server? It seems like every day I either get a "Connection lost to Battle Server" message, or I get a black screen when leaving battle. Have these issues at least been identified?
    A lot of this stuff is the backend work that the team consistently works on. I think I touched on this before; the reasons that these typically don't get mentioned is because the team is always working to optimize the game. If we kept stating something like "Improved performance due to...." there are still going to be folks that experience issues. By making those statements, it may seems that we've resolved things when we're constantly working to improve the system.
  • MagicSarap
    MagicSarap
    Unicorn Overlord
    do we have to go in order again cause i was so close to getting the battleship and one of my friends tried getting it but it said u have to get tier 3 first so can you plz not have us do it in order.
    Earning the prizes I believe will functional the same way in Drac Hunt.
  • MagicSarap
    MagicSarap
    Unicorn Overlord
    DaBear said:

Navigation Relays need to be moved. Set's an unfair disadvantage for those who have them in front of their base. Been getting a lot of Hit and Run traffic on base and fleets. If the towers were moved in somewhere around the Draconian Bases, it would give a cushion around the players nearest to them

Placing them was always an issue as they would be far/close to some than others, at the end of the day it just made sense to use the four directions and then add one in the center (after players made the request from Preview).
  • Tag32
    Tag32
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 1,714
    edited 11 Mar 2013, 8:15PM
    DaBear said:

Placing them was always an issue as they would be far/close to some than others, at the end of the day it just made sense to use the four directions and then add one in the center (after players made the request from Preview).
    If the relocate would allow us to go to the east side of the sector than many would have that option....as it stands only the west edge of the sector seems to allow for relocating.
    If your not paying for what you use, your not the customer.... your the product.
  • richb40k
    richb40k
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2010 Posts: 729
    Still no word on the issue of shorter build/refit/repair times or the introduction of a Dry Dock/2nd Shipyard?  I guess you're still discussing it. Must be a really long discussion for it not to be mentioned in the March updates. OR  Is KIX just ignoring its players once again.   I said it before and I'll say it again -   We are not dependent on you, you are dependent on us.
    Battle Pirates : I.D.  357,****  - Level 75 - I play it still, no more coining.

War Commander :  I don't play anymore.

Backyard Monsters : I don't play anymore.

Vega Conflict : I don't play anymore.
  • WaterDog
    WaterDog
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 1,321
    Thank you for the updates, getting rid of the clouds and giving us a heads up.. I do agree that it would be nice to get the heads up a little earlier, but at least it is better then no update at all.
    richb40k said:
    Still no word on the issue of shorter build/refit/repair times or the introduction of a Dry Dock/2nd Shipyard?  I guess you're still discussing it. Must be a really long discussion for it not to be mentioned in the March updates. OR  Is KIX just ignoring its players once again.   I said it before and I'll say it again -   We are not dependent on you, you are dependent on us.
    This is Kixeye's CEO stating this.. Enjoy.
  • BLACK CAESAR
    BLACK CAESAR
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,549
    Drac hunt was a breath of fresh air, but it was suffocating in the 4th, and 5th tier. I hope there are no issues with mirage fleets, and killed fleets not being counted at all. I do have to say that raids should never be setup to where lower level players have to request help from larger players. The point system was a grind, but it worked with the right formula. Now you can see lower level players asking for help with conversations going on, and no one replying. I finally have my BS's built that I won during Christmas. 4 tiers should be easy, and I'll certainly get help with the 5th one. We should be able to go through the tiers twice to obtain the other prizes we didn't choose. Kixeye you should not have a problem with that lol.
    Blah blah blah just stfu foolio!!!
  • MagicSarap
    MagicSarap
    Unicorn Overlord
    Added the new Battle Commands.
  • Pheerless Cat
    Pheerless Cat
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 103
    What I would like to see for forsaken missions, is possibly a 4th tier with ships that were released previously. I think many people can get up to 3.5 mill if they try. I have yet to get tier 3 at the current time, but if there is another tier with old ships, at least people could get more shots at the Goliath and other useful hulls that they might not have been able to obtain in the past. But, this is only my 2 cents. Either that - or a store with all the old ships @ a reasonable price. Either one would give me more incentive to coin. Until then, I will wait out my ship builds and keep my spending at nil.

Base invaders V Proud owner of the Strike Cruiser - First raid hull I have accumulated. Points accumulated before multiplier: 5,696,676
    Base invaders VI Proud owner of the HammerHead A - Second raid hull that I have accumulated. Points accumulated: 5,256,000
    Drac Hunt - Proud owner of the Battleship - Third raid hull I have accumulated - Completed Tier 4
    Drac Hunt 2 - Proud owner of the Juggernaut - Fourth raid hull I have accumulated - Completed Tier 4
    Dragons Nest 1 - Proud owner of the Mauler - Fifth raid hull I have accumulated - Completed Tier 4
    Dragons Nest 2 - Proud owner of the triton - Sixth raid hull I have accumulated - 5.7 million points
  • Brademus-Krieg
    Brademus-Krieg
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 887
    I said I will never play another Raid like the last one and I meant it. Have fun scamming money from others, I won't play this Raid or any other like it. PS there are many many players who think the same as me.
    Sectors 489////493////121////88///121////8

"Life is hard. If you are stupid its harder."

Tried alliance, sail under no man's colors but mine, if I dance I will choose the fiddler and the tune.
  • Carnegie_SIASS
    Carnegie_SIASS
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 380
    bring on the military fleets and keep them permanently I say because it provides variety in targets, unlike the same ole hubs all the time on old raids.

good to see earlier in thread that the diagonal land tiles placement (update i personally want the most) hasn't been forgotten, when are we likely to have this feature? i know there going be information posted by end of March but seems like it be April at earliest for this update.

glad the clouds gone but some like, some don't. maybe an option to turn them on/off , personally prefer kixeye to put time into other things that are more beneficial like diagonal land tiles and new BP's.
  • starbl4107
    starbl4107
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 631
    richb40k said:

dry dock idea was shot down
  • Zero.X
    Zero.X
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 177
    edited 12 Mar 2013, 5:10AM
    Magic & Kixeye,
      Love the Navigation Warp Towers let the whiners cry about getting their baser'**** when exiting/entering Towers serves them right for not scouting ahead and using that God given brain they have. I love this new system most fun I have had in weeks on BP keep up the great work guys. I have a suggestion about the Dry dock issue why not make it so we can upgrade shipyard to level 3 and then keep the Forsaken weight reduction or increase the Forsaken weight reduction  slightly more and include Forsaken specials and hulls for lvl 3 Shipyard, Then make it have a draconian weight reduction of say 10% including all specials, armor and hulls and then adding a second slot for refits only on the shipyard lvl 3. that way no more room is taken up in base and you still are able to please all your die hard players.  Maybe consider increasing or rotating the base diamond land limit in base planner so we can make better bases also an extra 3-5 land tiles and 1 more turret would be Great.The connecting of diagonal chains sounds like a good start. Those MC-X are nasty buggers to keep out even with E panels on turrets.  Thanks for taking the time to read this best of luck and happy hunting all.
    Maverik_X , W.A.R. Alliance.

• Mattva Vaugh
    Mattva Vaugh
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 342
    bring on the military fleets and keep them permanently I say because it provides variety in targets, unlike the same ole hubs all the time on old raids.

No no no, should always keep the military fleets rotating "As-is"
    If u want any number just tag it....Don't u know that ?
  • earthpig
    earthpig
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 1,154
    Added the new Battle Commands.
    Up key to "select all ships in fleet" doesn't seem to work for me in battle. Chrome, using the arrow keys to the left of the number pad that are not subject to "numlock" variability. 
This discussion has been closed.