March Work in Progress

• Tyler Berry
    Tyler Berry
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 31
    Hey Magic. Keep up with these they're fab. You've already said your reasons for leaving it a week into the month, so thanks and keep giving us them as soon as you can :)
  • Skyfall drac2
    Skyfall drac2
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 3,173
    Oh, i liked the clouds. Added 3d depth to the map.

"Everything is OK in the end, if it's not OK, then it's not the end."

• BlackSabbath
    BlackSabbath
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 346
    How about for the FM we can get the light Drac armour M......
    I love Rock n Roll....it satisfies My Soul.....and if that`s all there is.......It aint So Bad !!!.....Rock n Roll...
  • NM-Executioner
    NM-Executioner
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 1,877
    edited 9 Mar 2013, 10:46AM
    Nav relays best addition to the game I've seen in a year of playing...nice to see feedback from test server preview incorporated into final release, and as others have said, thank you for taking the extra time to release a fine tuned and functional feature, instead of rushing to meet an arbitrary deadline. Too bad so sad about the clouds; I'd like to see the sun come back, too. I'd also like to see people quit being such jerks to the CMs. Have some of you people never had jobs with shifting priorities, deadlines and resources? Good grief; give the guy a break.
    i agree with this guy thanks magic and yer every 1 needs to get a life and stop having a go at the cm they can only do so much at a time  give them a break

magic a suggestion can cm and mods have the colour bk red for cm and blue for mod so much easyier to see a mod and cm post then
     just a suggestion you currently look like any one what can post on forums and im sure thats not right maybe evan put green or something as mods and yellow for cm

any nice colour will work :)
    reduced repair and builds times wont happen kixeye said 6 months ago they looking into it umm whats too look into there kixeye i dont see what your looking at?
  • phil.rothwell.5
    phil.rothwell.5
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 750
    With weekly missions now much harder/costly in the area of points won against damage suffered.... and your aim to keep swapping in and out the bp's available. 
    Why not let players choose Bp from those available. I am sure more people will be encouraged to attempt a higher tier if they can be assured of their prize. 

• The Immortal1
    The Immortal1
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 187
    For missions, I think they should put a combination of OPs and typhoons.  Maybe even mix in some nemesis boats for good measure.  It would be nice however to see the total points needed for the top prize be a little lower as this isnt an event/raid, its supposed to be a mission.  And without offering top tier prizes like DreadX and MCx on them, they are really not worth the chase without half repair time.  Granted I make it to the top tier without coining, it doesnt negate the fact that its in essence the same as a raid for points, just no half repair time.  So it means I have to be on here longer to get there.  I also think that we should be able to chose our prize from the available ones that week.  Mainly because there are far to many BPs available that I will likely not use or need.  As for the issue with the raids being vs drac military fleets, I personally liked them.  Just wish that the levels were easier to find, or that they changed them to a points system instead of hunting down specific fleets.  Not everyone can kill those top 10 levels, and that leaves people incapable of making it to the top.  Unless you plan to make all the drac hulls available to us again like before, I see no reason to coin on those raids.  Because you cannot get to the top without certain hulls, or a vast group of people willing to sacrifice their boats for you.  And lets face it, who wants to spend their hard earned money for strangers?  I would love to see some hubs in the new raids mainly for res gathering since the fleets that can hurt those military fleets cannot hold enough res to repair themselves.

• Perfect Insanity
    Perfect Insanity
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 240
    Hackers said:
    Yea they needed to be thicker so u could hide a fleet in them lol
    LOL that would be so epic!!
    IGN: HereComeDaFuzz  lvl:58 Alliance: TTWS image
    Sectors visited: 1, 77,  85, 156, 160, 205, 209,  210,  308, 314, 315, 385, 415, 425, 452, 483, 495, 496.
    Items Won: Eh, I've won a lot  but don't wanna count.
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY BAN HAMMER( if you play on facebook) Oh one more thing.....**** MEMORIALS!

• Shane McKenna
    Shane McKenna
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 6,314
    • Resolved one of the issues regarding lost Gifts and Mercenary Fleets.
    How many are there?

• MI Man
    MI Man
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 889
    Nav relays best addition to the game I've seen in a year of playing...nice to see feedback from test server preview incorporated into final release, and as others have said, thank you for taking the extra time to release a fine tuned and functional feature, instead of rushing to meet an arbitrary deadline. Too bad so sad about the clouds; I'd like to see the sun come back, too. I'd also like to see people quit being such jerks to the CMs. Have some of you people never had jobs with shifting priorities, deadlines and resources? Good grief; give the guy a break.
    Agree with you nav relays fun having nice war with another sector 36 sectors away and give the mods a break.  Raid format was good as well.  Keep it up!

• crazyjr
    crazyjr
    Master Tactician
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 2,245
    just a request from one of the mid lvls, please keep the drac ships up for a bit, so we can get a chance to get them. You're game you're rules, but just a request
    "A strange game, the only winning move is not to play. How about a nice game of chess?" Joshua, Wargames
  • Jason Heist
    Jason Heist
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 8
    I thought the military fleets were great and as far as i know so did most people so i for one will be gald t participate in this event again and i know what kind of coin to havethis time and res to be rady for fill those WH b4 hand lol 

• Piper Wilson
    Piper Wilson
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 17
    i didnt mind the past and coming raid format....what i hated and think is stupid is number 1: being so badly outranged even with assault missles......and number 2 at times being outnumbered at times 2 or 3 to one....why cant i send in 2 fleets at a time? .....at least give mid lvl players a fighting chance. not all of us have mcx fleets.
  • The Dwarf
    The Dwarf
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 107
    We still need search in the alliance feature fixed, or an option for an alliance leader to make an alliance an enemy by clicking on a base.
    Alaskaj: "Remember, just because you can't do it doesn't mean the other person is cheating."
  • Old_Buzzard
    Old_Buzzard
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 83
    March Work in Progress

• Resolved one of the issues regarding lost Gifts and Mercenary Fleets.
    If you meant mysteriously disappering not to sure . I had 2 then came back and one has gone and the same ol "cant launch for 12 hrs. " msg. arent they supposed to accumulate or do they just drop every 12 hrs , use them or not?

• Lelland Burden
    Lelland Burden
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 45
    I loved the new raid format but as many others, I was upset as to the difficulty of tier 4, tier 3 was hard as it was, and like someone said be-for NOT EVERYONE HAS MCX FLEETS. The last raid I had to have some one help me with tier 4 and he coined extra for it. (And I know there is no same in asking someone for help, but I really don't like to have others spent coin on my behalf.) All so that I could finally win a raid hull, and Ive been playing for a year and a half now. I can understand making the final tier being almost imposable, but at least make it to where players can at least get to tier 4 with out help. Plus I really liked the clouds too if you guys can fix the lag with them it would make a great edition to the game and give it more of a 3-D depth. As for the F.M's please allow us to pick or prize instead of randomly awarding them if you all continue to cycle them out for week to week, cuz I do believe it get more players to grind for that finale tier.     
    Wulf said:
    Buddy bubbles are scabs!

Battle Pirates: Reaper LVL 45, Sector 290, Alliance: TSOT
    Raid Hulls: Battleship / Drac Hunt

War Commander: TheReaper LVL 24, Sector 66, Alliance: HellFire

Vega Conflict: Darth Vader LVL 22, Sector 600, Alliance:
  • TheSeaDragon
    TheSeaDragon
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 129
    I actually love the dark seas, BUT I do not like the end of the battle (nothing shows up, so you are not sure you got the points), then the only way to get out of the DARK screen is to press Play (I play with the entire screen), so I have to reduce my screen, and this takes you to a white screen, then I have to hit Play again to get back into the game. 

Battle Pirates is dying. 
  • KODIAK BEAR
    KODIAK BEAR
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 1,365

More military fleets!? I don't want to sound like I'm whining but those were not very popular last raid, is it really a good idea to have Military fleets again instead of the point or quota system?

Well in our sector we enjoyed this raid more than any other. It certainly got more people involved, more helping each other and more than ever got the top prize. If you wanted to take your time you could do it at little cost and it was pretty exciting, less bugs and more fun.
    Well done Kixeye and we love the navigation relay towers too.

Remember Kixeye, PLAYERS FIRST!
  • bladeshammer
    bladeshammer
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 1
    you need to bring back the level restictions its not fare for a lvl 63 to be able to destroy a lvel 49 set it up to where you can only hit 5 levels below your current level give us small guys a chance to grow instead of being destroyed all the time
  • tipstir
    tipstir
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 493
    edited 10 Mar 2013, 3:26AM
    Any chance on more detail like you have on new video about this game on you tube and the default preview video. Base specs shown like a diagram layout. I've come very close to it, but since we don't have the the black/dark gray armor on the base walls, base weapons and resources armor. Are we going to see this new look in up coming features of the game? 

Base Fleets looks like some sort of Hover Craft Ship.  3x Cannons, 3x Missiles  on-board these ships used in the video preview for Battle Pirates.

Deeper colors to the map ocean also. I see that the clouds cover takes up cpu cycle but still looks great. Also on the map can we have some sort of  zoom in and out feature so when a fleet goes into battle we can see what weapons they're using on their ships?

Fixes to the Great Hall would be nice to add move BP friends to get more officers instead of just two.
    There is a graphic glitch on the Advance Lab if it is surround by a armor wall it you position the lab to the left side of the screen. 
    Like it get cut off. 
    Been playing BP since Sept 2012
    Home Sec: 471
    Travel Secs: 1, 22, 52, 66, 80, 90,  102, 104, 127, 180,  196, 197, 205, 280, 285, 296, 308, 315, 336,  358, 364, 388,  423, 441, 461, 458, 471, 496, 498, 500 
    Other Games: VC-Beta Tester, WC
  • BlackWolf73
    BlackWolf73
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 7
    I have been playing this game a while, not as long as a lot of people here, but i had some idea's, not sure if you guys listen or take into consideration any of the idea's. This game has a lot more potential for sure. My 2 cents, what would be cool...

- A dry dock as well as a Shipyard. One for building ships and one for repair and refitting.
    - More variety of base defenses, maybe even including some water based defense, like the torpedo towers of the Drac outposts, or underwater mines for the subs as they did in harbors in real life.
    - Ship mounted anti missle weapons, like a minigun/flak turret or something of the sort.
    - And if your online the time your base is being attacked, i think you should have the option of firing your big missle, as in when you do attack someone else's base.
    - maybe during raids, start offering special upgrades for your base, instead of nothing but upgrades for ships.

Another thing i found, having a bunch of fleets guarding your base is a good idea, inside and outside, but if your a level 20, with 3 fleets guarding your own base outside, a level 50 player can come and take out the entire guarding fleets, and if you haven't noticed, there are a lot of abandoned bases throughout the sectors, i think the newer players get discouraged when high level people come through and take out your fleet for the fun of it.

just my 2 cents.
  • Lelland Burden
    Lelland Burden
    Potential Threat
    edited 10 Mar 2013, 4:03AM
    I have been playing this game a while, not as long as a lot of people here, but i had some idea's, not sure if you guys listen or take into consideration any of the idea's. This game has a lot more potential for sure. My 2 cents, what would be cool...

- A dry dock as well as a Shipyard. One for building ships and one for repair and refitting.
    - More variety of base defenses, maybe even including some water based defense, like the torpedo towers of the Drac outposts, or underwater mines for the subs as they did in harbors in real life.
    - Ship mounted anti missle weapons, like a minigun/flak turret or something of the sort.
    - And if your online the time your base is being attacked, i think you should have the option of firing your big missle, as in when you do attack someone else's base.
    - maybe during raids, start offering special upgrades for your base, instead of nothing but upgrades for ships.

This is the wrong thread for this, Your looking for the "wish list" thread. Come on pirates stay on topic, this is for feedback on current updates already installed.
    Wulf said:
    Buddy bubbles are scabs!

• Lelland Burden
    Lelland Burden
    Potential Threat
    you need to bring back the level restictions its not fare for a lvl 63 to be able to destroy a lvel 49 set it up to where you can only hit 5 levels below your current level give us small guys a chance to grow instead of being destroyed all the time

i for one agree with you bladeshammer they do need to bring back the level restictions cuz now it seems that the high end players are hitting us lower end players for easy resouces, and to me thats just unfair considering that us low end players work hard for those resouces.
    Wulf said:
    Buddy bubbles are scabs!

• tony.burton.336
    tony.burton.336
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 16
    I liked the clouds broke the bordom

• MrMayhem-TFS
    MrMayhem-TFS
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 127
    What is being done about the transitions from normal server to battle server? It seems like every day I either get a "Connection lost to Battle Server" message, or I get a black screen when leaving battle. Have these issues at least been identified?
  • MrMayhem-TFS
    MrMayhem-TFS
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 127
    Also, what about highlighting CM posts in the forums?
  • absolutely_pissed
    absolutely_pissed
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 529
    With weekly missions now much harder/costly in the area of points won against damage suffered.... and your aim to keep swapping in and out the bp's available. 
    Why not let players choose Bp from those available. I am sure more people will be encouraged to attempt a higher tier if they can be assured of their prize. 

**** right! Amen brother.
    "I assume they cut off all outside contact and put bars on the windows, feed the devs white bread and salt water all weekend till they snap and crap out a new lab...."

• Ernest Aupperlee
    Ernest Aupperlee
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 292
    If we are going to have a similar task for the next event, would you mind dialing back the difficulty a little bit?  That was really over the top.  That is almost and in some levels is overwhelming force for a single player to deal with especially the last 2 tiers.  I like a challenge not a massacre.  Just asking.
  • Ironclad
    Ironclad
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 560
    And what about white screens and sos, or the black death seas?  still launching mercs automatically.  and the last raid was far too annoying to participate in again, you want us to spend 3-10 fleets on the top level enemies.....stop letting others take em from us.  your relay system is retarded, and once again you focus fire on the wrong enemies, try doin something for the players instead of the kixeye wallet.
    Its a pirate game and it was so much cheaper for me to steal the last 5 fleets to complete for the triton that it should be kept so i and other proper pirates can :D .
    Relay system is brilliant and FREE so not aimed at the wallet, so much nicer to be able to ghate through into a fight than waiting 25-35 minutes of travelling
    So coining is cheating is it??  REMEMBER I coin so YOU can play for free noob!!!!

EVERY TIME I SEE A PLAYER COMPLAINING IN THE FORUM ABOUT BEING 20 LEVELS LOWER AND BEING ATTACKED I DESTROY 20 LEVEL 50 BASES

• David Lehne
    David Lehne
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 2
    I loved the last raid. especially for low level players it was easier to reach tier 3 or for medium players tier 4.
This discussion has been closed.