March Work in Progress

MagicSarap
MagicSarap
Unicorn Overlord
Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 5,522
edited 12 Mar 2013, 12:08AM
March Work in Progress

The chaos of a Forsaken rebellion is well underway. Infighting between alliances are ongoing as groups battle for status and power. With the new technology that Dr. Brennus is bringing to the cause, the Forsaken are striking a critical blow against their Draconian oppressors.

Primary Features:
  • Navigation Relays
    • Navigation Relays were moved to March. Originally slated as a February release, the team wanted to perform some test and Preview Sessions for the feature before its release.
  • New Forsaken Missions Blueprints
    • Players will be seeing more Blueprints make their way into Forsaken Missions. More technology will be at the player’s disposal and we will continue to cycle Blueprints so everyone has a chance to earn the Blueprints they want.
  • March Event
    • The March event will be similar to Drac Hunt and players will continue to  hunt Draconian Military Fleets. The respawn mechanic has been refined and there are new prizes.
  • War Report
    • The War Report will be a combination of the Leaderboard and Battle Log, as well as containing stats previously not shown to players before. It will be a more comprehensive overview of a player in the game.
  • Battle Commands
    • We will be implementing new Battle Commands to make combat more efficient for players.
Game Improvements:
  • Fixed the Halo Missile where salvos were missing their targets and flying off the map.
  • Resolved a problem where two players were able to engage the same target simultaneously.
  • Fixed issue where Turrets were displayed as doing more damage in Playback than they actually did in Live battle.
  • Resolved the issue where players were able to assign two Officers to the same task.
  • Fixed an exploit that allowed a player to be attacked while docking.
  • Players are now able to view the Top Alliances Globally.
  • Ships now earn Veterancy Points when Drones are equipped and destroyed.
  • Resolved one of the issues regarding lost Gifts and Mercenary Fleets.
  • Resolved an issue with Missile sound effects not playing correctly.

• Sprouts
    Sprouts
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2010 Posts: 3,716

Game Improvements:
    • Resolved a problem where two players were able to engage the same target simultaneously.
    • Fixed an exploit that allowed a player to be attacked while docking.

As in, the really old issues that have been in the game since I started playing? If so, thanks for finally fixing these.

(\(\
    (o.o)
    (")(")*
  • Captain Awesome
    Captain Awesome
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 1,092

• March Event
      • The March event will be similar to Drac Hunt and players will continue to  hunt Draconian Military Fleets. The respawn mechanic has been refined and there are new prizes.

More military fleets!? I don't want to sound like I'm whining but those were not very popular last raid, is it really a good idea to have Military fleets again instead of the point or quota system?
  • absolutely_pissed
    absolutely_pissed
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 529
    And what about white screens and sos, or the black death seas?  still launching mercs automatically.  and the last raid was far too annoying to participate in again, you want us to spend 3-10 fleets on the top level enemies.....stop letting others take em from us.  your relay system is retarded, and once again you focus fire on the wrong enemies, try doin something for the players instead of the kixeye wallet.
    "I assume they cut off all outside contact and put bars on the windows, feed the devs white bread and salt water all weekend till they snap and crap out a new lab...."

• Busterking
    Busterking
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 651
    "Draconian Military Fleets" for the March Raid ? Really kixeye ?  Not enough here said how much it sucked you are doing it again ?

Oh well, many will skip the March raid I'm sure.

Don't you EVER listen to what your customers want ?

• TallGiraffe
    TallGiraffe
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 4,743
    Clouds have also been removed from the game.
    Awww. I liked clouds. 

And to be honest nothing exciting here.
    Don't use Level. Use Tech when describing players. Level means nothing, its all about tech.
  • WaterDog
    WaterDog
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 1,321
    Thank you for the updates, getting rid of the clouds and giving us a heads up.. I do agree that it would be nice to get the heads up a little earlier, but at least it is better then no update at all.
  • Matt Greaves
    Matt Greaves
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 163
    so no update on the diagonal base lay out

or a nd ship yard ??

http://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/297351/base-planner-diagonal-adjustment-feedback
  • Fractal
    Fractal
    Master Tactician
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 2,408
    Fixing the issue of gifts and mercs disappearing.... does that mean we will be able to use our resource crates during the March event, unlike the last one?

Clouds.... I liked the clouds.... too bad.

Playing since Feb 2012.  Originally sector 304
  • Arma-Get-It-On
    Arma-Get-It-On
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 4,418

• March Event

More military fleets!? I don't want to sound like I'm whining but those were not very popular last raid, is it really a good idea to have Military fleets again instead of the point or quota system?
    Pretty sure Drac hunt is the most popular event to date. Most my BP friends, myself included, enjoyed it and found it a refreshing change from the boring grind of Hubs/OPs and Typhoons. Was easy aswell, atleast the 3 1/2 first tiers .... 
    Oh well, to each his own ...

Speaking of, when will the March event take place?
  • Kris M
    Kris M
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 924

or a nd ship yard ??

http://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/297351/base-planner-diagonal-adjustment-feedback
    thats a feature that would benefit the player. don't hold your breath.
    Kris_M Level 62  

I used ship rockets before they were cool
  • pheonosis
    pheonosis
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 2,152
    edited 9 Mar 2013, 1:15AM
    We know there is going to be a raid every month and it is usually going to differ slightly from the previous one and we also know the you will be changing blueprints within the weekly missions periodically. Do these really need to be added to the work in progress? It just seems like your trying to bulk it out a little. 
    Did it really take you until 9 days into the month of which 7 of them were working days to come up with this? Most of the things on the list have already been implemented, I think this may have been posted in the wrong forum section, it should be in the archive already.

• Patiszerg
    Patiszerg
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 695
    And what about white screens and sos, or the black death seas?  still launching mercs automatically.  and the last raid was far too annoying to participate in again, you want us to spend 3-10 fleets on the top level enemies.....stop letting others take em from us.  your relay system is retarded, and once again you focus fire on the wrong enemies, try doin something for the players instead of the kixeye wallet.
    The game runs off of flash player in a browser and is free... do you expect it to never crash and run flawlessly?
    Dee McLean wrote: »
    ...there is no difference, a base cannot get any flatter than flat ;)
    FKIT wrote: »
    Second, do you remember what you did before base planner? MOVED CHIT BY HAND ONE PAINFUL WALL AT A TIME!!
  • Perfect Insanity
    Perfect Insanity
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 240
    ii liked the military fleets and everything but i didn't like how in some of the fleets they added typhoons into the mix.
    IGN: HereComeDaFuzz  lvl:58 Alliance: TTWS image
    Sectors visited: 1, 77,  85, 156, 160, 205, 209,  210,  308, 314, 315, 385, 415, 425, 452, 483, 495, 496.
    Items Won: Eh, I've won a lot  but don't wanna count.
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY BAN HAMMER( if you play on facebook) Oh one more thing.....**** MEMORIALS!

• USA
    USA
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 1,182

or a nd ship yard ??

I'm not sure if they will ever answer the dry dock issue but the Diagonal base design would be cool I hope to hear the answer on that myself

• Perfect Insanity
    Perfect Insanity
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 240
    Clouds have also been removed from the game.
    Awww. I liked clouds. 

And to be honest nothing exciting here.
    lol I Iiked them too.
    IGN: HereComeDaFuzz  lvl:58 Alliance: TTWS image
    Sectors visited: 1, 77,  85, 156, 160, 205, 209,  210,  308, 314, 315, 385, 415, 425, 452, 483, 495, 496.
    Items Won: Eh, I've won a lot  but don't wanna count.
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY BAN HAMMER( if you play on facebook) Oh one more thing.....**** MEMORIALS!

• GenGrant
    GenGrant
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 579
    Yea they needed to be thicker so u could hide a fleet in them lol
    Winner of the following HULLS: Too many to list

OTHER PRIZES:Too many to even bother remembering
  • Wyvern The PinkiePie
    Wyvern The PinkiePie
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 3,759
    So, the March Event... Can it have the Original Dreadnought pwease? :3?
  • tipstir
    tipstir
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 493
    Bring back the clouds! Makes this game stand out more. Make it rain, snow and even throw into some waves like Google Earth does once in a while. 
    Been playing BP since Sept 2012
    Home Sec: 471
    Travel Secs: 1, 22, 52, 66, 80, 90,  102, 104, 127, 180,  196, 197, 205, 280, 285, 296, 308, 315, 336,  358, 364, 388,  423, 441, 461, 458, 471, 496, 498, 500 
    Other Games: VC-Beta Tester, WC
  • MagicSarap
    MagicSarap
    Unicorn Overlord

or a nd ship yard ??

Diagonal bases is something that I haven't had the time to complete. This is more so on me than anything else, I will get you guys something by the end of March.
  • MagicSarap
    MagicSarap
    Unicorn Overlord
    Fractal said:
    Fixing the issue of gifts and mercs disappearing.... does that mean we will be able to use our resource crates during the March event, unlike the last one?

Clouds.... I liked the clouds.... too bad.

I will double check on the Resource Crate/Event question.
  • burninwolf
    burninwolf
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 2,652

• Resolved an issue with Missile sound effects not playing correctly.

Was able to engage a base fleet as well as someone else about the same time this post was put up and as for sound I personally has never used sound on this game as the sounds are annoying and pointless
    Trogar said:
    So... Confirmed, a memorial, or generally any large gathering could cause problems, as the available resources on the server are finite.
This discussion has been closed.