Did u like Drac Hunt

rascle29
rascle29
Potential Threat
Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 88
edited 25 Feb 2013, 5:13AM

Did u like Drac Hunt

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.
  • Serenade
    Serenade
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 527
    I really couldn't care
    Reason I am neutral is because its a good concept, but damn it was hard. I got my Triton for $8 with Battleships (don't need no fancy dreads X or MCX's). First time I ever coined, and my last too.
    Hulls Required: Spectre, Mauler, Stingray, Atlas
    Awards: 3rd Place In the "Crew Guru" Contest. 
    Don't trust them Robots...
  • tinkersdamn
    tinkersdamn
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 11
    No because it was too hard
    the format is fine..i enjoyed being able to go fleet to fleet. but what is the idea of putting drac ships that nobody but a high 50's level or better is going to have a shot at the fifth prize with.  and also one ship that has never been seen with more weapons than any other ship in the game..bad choice guys..even out the competition and try again. after tier 3 i had no hope without spending at least 30 dollars on repairs..if i was lucky.

\
  • Narchais
    Narchais
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 383
    Anything that forces a player out is wrong. I've heard people say "thats what your alliance is for", but then what? That means we now have a handful of high end players who have to coin (and they are coining; whether for the repairs or for the ships they used, they coin) to carry the weight of their alliance mates as well? Nah, that doesn't sound much better. With the point system, even a lowbie could cash in a gift card, put their nose to the grindstone, and earn the top prizes. This time? Not so much. For every player who said "Hey, I got the Triton!" there are a dozen who hit their wall and said "Nope, I'm done." In my sector right now, the coms are active but not a word about the raid. Why? Its over for everyone. The timer is ticking, but no one is caring because they have either found their walls and quit or finished in the first day or two. No one is squeezing out the last few fleets because "they're almost there". Its over. How is that fun?
    Five digit ID. Still just another player.
  • Wyvern The PinkiePie
    Wyvern The PinkiePie
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 3,482
    edited 25 Feb 2013, 9:18AM
    Yes because it was fun
    the format is fine..i enjoyed being able to go fleet to fleet. but what is the idea of putting drac ships that nobody but a high 50's level or better is going to have a shot at the fifth prize with.  and also one ship that has never been seen with more weapons than any other ship in the game..bad choice guys..even out the competition and try again. after tier 3 i had no hope without spending at least 30 dollars on repairs..if i was lucky.

\

Anything that forces a player out is wrong. I've heard people say "thats what your alliance is for", but then what? That means we now have a handful of high end players who have to coin (and they are coining; whether for the repairs or for the ships they used, they coin) to carry the weight of their alliance mates as well? Nah, that doesn't sound much better. With the point system, even a lowbie could cash in a gift card, put their nose to the grindstone, and earn the top prizes. This time? Not so much. For every player who said "Hey, I got the Triton!" there are a dozen who hit their wall and said "Nope, I'm done." In my sector right now, the coms are active but not a word about the raid. Why? Its over for everyone. The timer is ticking, but no one is caring because they have either found their walls and quit or finished in the first day or two. No one is squeezing out the last few fleets because "they're almost there". Its over. How is that fun?
    You know, you two could always ASK someone to prep the target you need and they can get it done, then you can finish it off. There's no shame in that. :P

Now, I thought this raid was actually interesting, and my thoughts proved me right. :) The concept was interesting, it was great challenge, :3 Although I never bothered with the Tier 5 section, I'm actually glad I didn't after seeing some constructive views saying how it's not as good as the Dreadnought X-Type or Missile Cruiser X. I agree, the Triton is not really a go-to hull in my book. Only other problem I had was the poor prize variety. Although the Depth Charges looked useful on paper, I probably won't use them. It's the Compound X I needed. ;) The Battleship, I already had since Base Invaders 6 so only option was the Super Fortress, which I MIGHT build, but it'd only really be a Resource Carrier. x3 If it was the Original Dreadnought, I would've went for that instead of the big green boat.

All in all, well-thought raid and great concept. Hope to keep this system around for the forseeable future. Just get a better variety of prizes, Kix! :)

Edit: I'm actually surprised no one said it was too easy. :D
    Pride of the Draconian Empire
  • Destrudo
    Destrudo
    Master Tactician
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 2,400
    Yes because it was fun
    I for one thought this was best raid by far reasons being:

1. its wasn't monotonous - different every time
    2. It required some skill instead of Blitzing
    3. Low levels could get better prizes much more quicker and easier (first 2 tiers are simple for them)
    4. Put alliances into good effect as a lot of people required their alliance members to help get better prizes (i helped 3 people out that i could)
    Lvl 23 - Vega Conflict
    Vega ID - 12417  
    No prizes yet as no raids yet :p
  • Ikillevil
    Ikillevil
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 368
    Yes because it was fun
    The raid format was fun, my only problems with the raid were the huge number of connection errors/bad lag and what seemed to be super-sonar on some targets.

• BEASTIE
    BEASTIE
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 799
    It was very difficult considering you have to lose a lot to win.  
    See, sons, what things you are?
    How quickly nature falls into revolt
    When gold becomes her object. 2 Henry IV 
  • Magic Bunny
    Magic Bunny
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 16,870
    Yes because it was fun
    challenge was fine - loved the fifty different scenarios

not every-one should get the top prize, even with mates helping or alliance bonuses
    Level ... not enough fingers to count that high

First played July 2011, in sector 96

• ArcAngel10
    ArcAngel10
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 2
    Yes because it was fun
    I liked the raid format, but it was hard, but fun and yes it helps if your a lower lvl. like myself and your alliance members are higher, but if this format continues and you have to rely on a higher lvl member to continuely help you out then it's not worth the time and effort put forth. Also the compound armour prize seems to be buggy, since I selected it and it never showed up in armour I could equip on a new ship.
  • Thong Warrior
    Thong Warrior
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 808
    I liked the phonetic verbation of "Drac hunt"  I giggled alot when I read it

Thong Warrior
     Sector? wherever I am
     Winner of Best smile in preschool smiling contest. 
    BP:SGS Alliance
    VEGA CONFLICT: RTTC
    Voted most likely to not give a crap!
    Vega conflict closed beta tester. Born 201 
  • Cpt. Chris
    Cpt. Chris
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 1,902
    Yes because it was fun
    New idea and skills were a great factor to win this one.
    DevNul wrote: »
    @Cpt Chris
    For the last time, no arbiter module forces subs to the surface. Have you finally understood? That is why I also said: You were confused with the Depth Charge.

DevNul said:
    You can't unsubscribe. All the old forum tools have been removed. These twats have us at their mercy.

Cpt. Chris said:
    You really like to make fool of yourself don't you? There is a check mark next to the thread's name on the top left, click it and you won't get a single notification about this thread.

DevNul said: You really like to make a fool of yourself don't you!  If there was one I'd use it!

DevNulsaid: you better ask Cpt Chris about that when I eventually find him/she/it. ;)

IronGunns said: Cpt Chris, your a noob!!  the Subsonic Cavitator is a Arbiter Mod that makes nearby subs to surface....look before you speak

RW Miller said: you are taking that 65% damage reduction if you use it.. This has never showed up on the turret  just in description in lab
  • Deadfrog
    Deadfrog
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 116
    edited 25 Feb 2013, 2:38PM

[quote]Also the compound armour prize seems to be buggy, since I selected it and it never showed up in armour I could equip on a new ship.[/quote]

That's probably because it's not an armor but a special.

• Marc Massom
    Marc Massom
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 267
    The type of raid was great, I love fvf. However, I feel that Kixeye screwed the pooch on this one because they made it impossible for the lower levels without massive amounts of help to even get to tier 3. I spent half of the raid prepping fleets for them so they could get something decent out of the raid. I love the raid type, the "point" format was for the freaking birds. I say keep the drac hunt type but go back to the old point system and give people a chance. If you hadn't won previous hulls, you had no chance.
  • gregde81
    gregde81
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 1,173
    Yes because it was fun
    I enjoyed the format, with the exception of the glitch where if drones kill you in the typhoon, the fleet blows up and you don't get credit for kill.  In previous raids you dont get damage points for drones, so why make it were you dont get credit for the kill.  After having that happen to me on a 49, i was pissed, but now i will always leave a torp tower in the base until the typhoon is dead just in case.

Other than that, it was a good change, and in my opinion was a better team event than events where you could have more than 1 person attack at a time.  I could help lower lvls in my alliance by prepping the harder fleets.  In previous raids i would get my quota and move on, but this time i have had fun help other alliance members. 

Also it was great not having to hit the same setup over and over and over to get a DP quota.
  • johnquirk
    johnquirk
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 677
    Yes because it was fun
    I would like to see something introduced to stop people stealing near dead targets. I think the last target hit should only be open to attack from fellow alliance members. Only the last target hit to stop people blocking all targets.
  • Jason WTF
    Jason WTF
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 106
    Yes because it was fun
    I enjoyed this event even if some of the fleets were insanely tough, however I would have enjoyed it even more with out the glitches.
  • lance.saul
    lance.saul
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 114
    Yes because it was fun
    I liked it, reminded me of the old salvage raids at first. tier 4 was as far as i could go hopefully by next time i will have a better prepared fleet.  the concept was nice, to not to have to hit the same fleet over and over.
  • leewill31
    leewill31
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 236
    Yes because it was fun
    i loved it...nice change fighting fleet vs fleet using all the boat skills a person has :)

agreed it was very hard and many bugs to get rid of but made a great change .
  • Roland Bullock
    Roland Bullock
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 931
    Yes because it was fun
    How ridiculous you people sound complaining that its unfair on the difficulty for the low levels to get the top prize.

I liked how it was always something different in the fleets, wasn't a monotonous grind like the events we've been having the past year.
    Desert_Warfare
    Level 67 Originated in 142
    Currently in 191
  • Viper87
    Viper87
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 122
    Yes because it was fun
    I liked the format of the raid that being said I think in many cases the fleets were overpowered and the sonar range on some targets was outrageous I saw someone from my sector use specs with cat drive 3 on them on a lv 40 I could see his specs the whole time until the Nemesis was dead, but overall I loved that you only had to hit a certain number of targets instead of grinding it out hitting over 200 targets very good raid in my opinion.  GOOD WORK KIXEYE
    Among the waves of time a storm shall rise Out of the abyss peer a demon behold the Razgriz and its wings of black sheath
  • Raizer_Of_Hell
    Raizer_Of_Hell
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 151
    Yes because it was fun
    It reminded me of eraly 90's video games with impossible bosses. It was infuriating. aswell as a load of fun. 
  • Marc Massom
    Marc Massom
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 267
    How ridiculous you people sound complaining that its unfair on the difficulty for the low levels to get the top prize.

I liked how it was always something different in the fleets, wasn't a monotonous grind like the events we've been having the past year.
    Did I say anything about low levels getting top prize? No, not a friggin' word about top prize so go troll someplace else. A level 30 should not be stopped dead on the first day at tier 2. I saw lvl 40's and 50's stopping at tier 3. I'm not saying Kixeye should be giving handouts, but that was ridiculous. I also didn't like how people were able to snake all the credit for a target by stealing from players that had been working on it for awhile. To me, that is literally stealing money from other players because people were coining fleet repairs to hit these things. All I am saying is that they need to go back to the old point system so that hard work and determination is rewarded and douche bags won't be stealing money from other players by snaking their targets at the last moment. I actually liked the raid type and had a ball hitting the targets, especially the higher level ones, but the target system of awarding prizes is not kosher.
  • H4YDEN
    H4YDEN
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,220
    Yes because it was fun
    Most fun I've had in a raid in a long long time, probably since they changed the prize structure from top 4 to meet a quota
    H4YDEN
    Sectors Visited 11, 14, 61, 95, 96, 102, 103, 105, 112, 125, 128 138, 139, 144, 151, 181, 190, 191, 192, 222, 223, 232, 240, 307, 310, 314, 367, 379, 381, 394, 437, 445, 467, 476
    Started playing 21st October 2011
    Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/H4YDEN0503
    You don't need drac hulls to be good at this game, you need a brain 
  • kevinjarman
    kevinjarman
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 94
    Yes because it was easy
    overall i found this raid to be a very good format yes the top tiers were hard but if you applied yourself and sought help even the lower lvls were abkle to get at least tier 4, 
  • Laevus
    Laevus
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 195
    Yes because it was fun
    Yes, it was fun. It was hard, but I know that was more because I've very few good FvF ships and I've not done much FvF to have had practice. I enjoyed learning the best way to smash the AI. I'm building my last Siege MC-X now, and then I intend to start on my first decent FvF fleet. I've had the 'dic hull sitting round unmade for far too long. Triton can wait for now, though I'm tempted to build one for base defence first.

However, I didn't enjoy the worst stream of SOS errors I've had in any raid yet, but I managed to hit my target anyway. If they continue this format, I would much prefer to see the fleets open to attack from 2 people at once (to make it easier to do at higher tiers, and easier to help - restrict it to same Alliance only if people are worried about people jumping in at last minute to steal credit).
  • john.heidrich
    john.heidrich
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1
    I did like the event.  But, for my hulls it was way to hard to get past Tier 3. 
  • Tax_
    Tax_
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 29
    I really couldn't care
    The variety was fabulous

The prizes sucked.

Already had Compound X
    Already had Battle Ship
    Already has Super Fortress

So ended up playing for a Triton which i may build 1 day (already have MCx and DNx) what was the point

The real issue as mentioned before os the number of lower levels that simply gave up.  Even for them the prizes were not much of a draw card.

Tax
  • Fractal
    Fractal
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 1,906
    Yes because it was fun
    I thought it was the best format yet.
    - I liked the target system
    - I liked the FvF aspects

- not happy about the difficulty of tier 5.  But I understand you gotta keep the big boys challenged too.
          - I know the high rollers will brag about how easy it was yadda yadda, but seriously for most players significant coin needed to be invested to get the TRITON
          - even tier 4 to win the BS was unreasonably hard for those players that needed that hull the most.
          - dont like that players could steal targets that other players worked hard and paid to almost kill.  However I realize that this allowed players to help each other out too, so give and take.

- most disappointing thing was removal of resource crates that we saved up strategically for the raid. Very wrong Kixeye  :(

All in all, whoever came up with this format did a good job, with some improvments could continue to be a lot of fun.
    Playing since Feb 2012.  Originally sector 304
  • KingRpgCraig
    KingRpgCraig
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 952
    Yes because it was fun
    well i enjoyed the event only made tier 4 i do beileve tier 4 and 5 was slightly to hard tbh i mean that as a very small bit to hard but it still crapped on previous raids u guys almost aced this one with the exception of the usual sos lol ps i only mean the t4 and 5 needed the tiniest difficulty tweak gj on it tho 
  • wheelbrad
    wheelbrad
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 143
    Yes because it was fun
    I thought it was a nice raid. I got most of the tiers killed with an instant repair SW thud fleet up to tier 4 cause i didnt want to coin much this raid.  I wasnt interested in another big hull to build so i didnt even try the tier 5. with a little effort anyone with SW should of been able to get tier 4 i my opinion might of needed a little help on the 40 but the rest were able to be done with SW.