colour of new forum

lileybug11
lileybug11
Master Tactician
Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 2,133
is there a way to change the colour of the forum like before as this makes it harder for me to read and is giving me a headache
..sliceNdice said:
Raids are meant for higher level players with more capabilities. Low level and ill-prepared players can do the FM and now, the Foundry, to get tech up to date to become more competitive in raids.
  • TheRealGitmo
    TheRealGitmo
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 467
    I second that, please, give us a skin with a light background.
  • TheRWhatTheHell
    TheRWhatTheHell
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 12
    The grey is awful. I'll take the black, I'll take the white, but please give us an option to that awful grey!
    http://tinypic.com/r/v5fzx5/5

Picture contest, noun: Open competition allowing for visual entries conforming to the officially announced guidelines, with all entries judged by jury or the public based on their merit in relation to said guidelines.

Kixeye picture contest, noun: Competition where entries will be arbitrarily censored by an anonymous group of moderators, independent of their compliance to the official guidelines. Posters of unwanted entries will be randomly banned, as will people asking undesired questions about entries getting erased, or why posters keep getting banned.
  • Dr_Sheldon_Cooper
    Dr_Sheldon_Cooper
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 68
    As I wrote in an other thread (http://community.kixeye.com/discussion/331956/new-forum) I would like to have a bright background too.
    “[..]Und da steht weiter: Ich will große Rachetaten an denen vollführen, die da versuchen meine Brüder zu vergiften und zu vernichten, und mit Grimm werde ich sie strafen, dass sie erfahren sollen, ich sei der Herr, wenn ich meine Rache an ihnen vollstreckt habe!“ **BAMMBAMMMBAMMBAMMMBAMM**
    - Pulp Fiction, Ezekiel 25, 17 -
  • No..Beard
    No..Beard
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2010 Posts: 3,791
    Black text on white option, please.
    As soon as possible.
    This is hurting my eyes.

Or an option to revert to old forum...

BP ID: 1038         WC ID: 1476        VC ID: 18589     Tome ID: 3698   

• lileybug11
    lileybug11
    Master Tactician
    i dont understand why they used these colours as there was huge complaints the last time they used them.
    i cant read it for long as it gives me headaches already 
    ..sliceNdice said:
    Raids are meant for higher level players with more capabilities. Low level and ill-prepared players can do the FM and now, the Foundry, to get tech up to date to become more competitive in raids.
  • Occams Razor
    Occams Razor
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 1,228
    edited 15 Feb 2013, 1:39PM
    My eyes are bugging out. REALLY hurts to view the forums.

How about you FIX THE GAME instead of doing useless and stupid stuff!!

The forum really needed a change now did it, like the bajillion SOS screens in game.

Totally 100% USELESS!!
    CM Magic Sarap:

Lying isn't exactly a bannable offense
  • Cpt. Chris
    Cpt. Chris
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 1,903
    Kinda like it :)                            
    DevNul wrote: »
    @Cpt Chris
    For the last time, no arbiter module forces subs to the surface. Have you finally understood? That is why I also said: You were confused with the Depth Charge.

DevNul said:
    You can't unsubscribe. All the old forum tools have been removed. These twats have us at their mercy.

Cpt. Chris said:
    You really like to make fool of yourself don't you? There is a check mark next to the thread's name on the top left, click it and you won't get a single notification about this thread.

DevNul said: You really like to make a fool of yourself don't you!  If there was one I'd use it!

DevNulsaid: you better ask Cpt Chris about that when I eventually find him/she/it. ;)

IronGunns said: Cpt Chris, your a noob!!  the Subsonic Cavitator is a Arbiter Mod that makes nearby subs to surface....look before you speak

RW Miller said: you are taking that 65% damage reduction if you use it.. This has never showed up on the turret  just in description in lab
  • NM-Executioner
    NM-Executioner
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 1,877
    i like it
    reduced repair and builds times wont happen kixeye said 6 months ago they looking into it umm whats too look into there kixeye i dont see what your looking at?
  • ewan.gray3
    ewan.gray3
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 2
    edited 15 Feb 2013, 2:03PM
    nice look keep it
  • J0LLYB0Y
    J0LLYB0Y
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 483
    edited 15 Feb 2013, 2:07PM
    Can no one read the top left corner of the forum?  "BETA" some people troll forums itching to moan about forums

Nice and bold for the visually impaired
  • FKIT
    FKIT
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 1,794
    I don't.  Not at all.  Already got a headache.  

I was joking with Hitman007 after a forum ban that next time he should just perma ban me.  I get vastly more enjoyment out of the forums than I do the game (thanks build and repair times!!), and that if he perma bans me next time, it might actually be the catalyst to make me quit and find a new game.  

This new color scheme might actually achieve the same thing.  Reminds me of the moonlight water.  Headaches.  So many headaches. 
    FKIT: level 90
    ID 1.1 million
    Alliance:368R

• lileybug11
    lileybug11
    Master Tactician
    nice look keep it
    having the choice to pick what colours you prefer like last time would be better for everyone though
    ..sliceNdice said:
  • J0LLYB0Y
    J0LLYB0Y
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 483
    You can select the font color/size and font

nice look keep it
    having the choice to pick what colours you prefer like last time would be better for everyone though

• No..Beard
    No..Beard
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2010 Posts: 3,791
    Yes, we all know that you can do it on specific text.

That is NOT what we are asking for.

BP ID: 1038         WC ID: 1476        VC ID: 18589     Tome ID: 3698   

• humanevil
    humanevil
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,882
    Can no one read the top left corner of the forum?  "BETA" some people troll forums itching to moan about forums

and when in beta you are supposed to give feed back and this is what people are doing so stop moaning about people who are leaving feedback
  • Fractal
    Fractal
    Master Tactician
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 2,408
    anyone know how to change the colours of the forum?  I cant reac muich of what was said soI dont know if this was already discussed?  
    Playing since Feb 2012.  Originally sector 304
  • Skyfall drac2
    Skyfall drac2
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 3,173
    Personally, i prefer this. However, this is a valid point. One that needs to be addressed.

"Everything is OK in the end, if it's not OK, then it's not the end."

• Wyvern The PinkiePie
    Wyvern The PinkiePie
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 3,758
    So much butthurt in this thread... Oh well. Time to stock up on tears.  ~O) :))
  • Instigator1
    Instigator1
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 1,825
    I liked the old white forum the best , then they did the change to the black didn't like it but got use to it, this new color scheme is hell on the eyes though.
    KIXEYE CS Xandamere : How about I give you some BP resources for, say, a share of ownership in your house?
    KIXEYE CS Krypt0night : *sigh* I showed Yoda this thread and he told me that I should close it because fear led to this anger and this anger will lead to hate, followed soon after by suffering.
  • phroxenphyre
    phroxenphyre
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 5,284
    I liked the old white forum the best , then they did the change to the black didn't like it but got use to it, this new color scheme is hell on the eyes though.
    The old forum had the ability to change the theme. When they made the black theme the default, I switched it right back to the light theme.
    Retired
  • BleedinFingers
    BleedinFingers
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 303

FKIT said:
    I don't.  Not at all.  Already got a headache.  

I was joking with Hitman007 after a forum ban that next time he should just perma ban me.  I get vastly more enjoyment out of the forums than I do the game (thanks build and repair times!!), and that if he perma bans me next time, it might actually be the catalyst to make me quit and find a new game.  

This new color scheme might actually achieve the same thing.  Reminds me of the moonlight water.  Headaches.  So many headaches. 
    I have exactly the same thing, reminds me of the bright moonlight reflection they put in with the graphics "update". Scrolling through just makes my eyes blur then I get a headache.  I don't know what it is about the colours or layout that does this, too much contrast? white text on dark background?

Looks like I'm going to lay off the forums too now :(
    :( :(
  • jerkjr
    jerkjr
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 616
    well we know where all of are money is going now
    winner of the battle ship, battle cruiser, halo, super fortress, triton, and lag
    currently in sector 38
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjW4_OlhKfo
  • darrylwayne2005
    darrylwayne2005
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 1,131
    Grey back ground is BAD !

• darrylwayne2005
    darrylwayne2005
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 1,131
    edited 15 Feb 2013, 8:18PM
    OK, This new color scheme is very frustrating. It is hard on my eyes and I am not able to browse the forums like before. It is a Major issue not being able to view the forums with ease. It is really straining my eyes. Kixeye, is there a way to give the option for a Lighter background ?

• n0s_speed
    n0s_speed
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 3,636
    i can't even troll today with this new colors. i prefer the old colors.
    In Game Name: n0s_speed
    Alliance: DOA
    Level: 66

• H4YDEN
    H4YDEN
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,219
    I really hope adding a white background skin is coming soon.  Not your version of coming soon but in the next day or 2 cos this is **** crap at the moment!
    H4YDEN
    Sectors Visited 11, 14, 61, 95, 96, 102, 103, 105, 112, 125, 128 138, 139, 144, 151, 181, 190, 191, 192, 222, 223, 232, 240, 307, 310, 314, 367, 379, 381, 394, 437, 445, 467, 476
    Started playing 21st October 2011
    Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/H4YDEN0503
    You don't need drac hulls to be good at this game, you need a brain 
  • USS ENTERPRISE
    USS ENTERPRISE
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 1,686
    I CANT READ ANYTHING B/C IT KILLS MY EYES!
    Hitman007 wrote: »
    some times we get glitches, but come on, its a great game
    FallOut wrote: »
    Only idea I saw was "We want Dry Dock now" not very good idea.
    Flo wrote: »
    and also it will be easier findable.
  • Skyfall drac2
    Skyfall drac2
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 3,173
    I have said on other posts this is a sensible thought.

"Everything is OK in the end, if it's not OK, then it's not the end."

• Perses
    Perses
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 1,754
    edited 19 Feb 2013, 7:59AM

^^^ This should be the default IMO. I could actually read that :)

This background colour is seriously bad for the eyes though, surprised Kixeye havent employed an ergonomics expert to provide some advice.
    Best Spoiler yet ...
    well if there is a turret it may not be tesla turret, it could be something that fires jackrabbits and honey badgers at things. Or coffee, it could shoot coffee.
  • GigaPirate
    GigaPirate
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 5,046
    edited 20 Feb 2013, 9:19AM

"we have never banned on IP address, we ban cheaters. If you cheat you will be banned." CM QRich